Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What is your favorite class to do a Pokemon trainer with?

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/sword-and-pistol-combat
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/privateer-template
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/witchguard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo

Why haven't you signed up yet? Apps are closing soon!

The last thread was a lot of talk about lesbian goddesses in dom/sub relationships, so can we all agree to cut that out of this one completely?

Because I am a gurofag and I would ruin the fluffy comfy vibe!

Because I'm in too many games and also I'm a bit put off by the need for players to fill character roles rather than class roles. But, I ain't attacking you, it's an interesting way to do things.

Because I would make a a kitsune with coarse, greasy and matted fur who just wants to punch things. Also because even my degeneracy has limits.

NEVER!

Because I already have a game I'm in.

Fine by me, let's talk about Chromatic Dragons.

Which color dragon do you think is a top or a bottom- DAMNIT

The game doesn't interest me but even as laid out in the description that's a completely playable character. A big question would be *why* this kind of character was chosen as one of the city's rulers - do they need someone violent? Is there going to be a war? How would it affect the power blocs and groups in the city? You might get a fashion trend for uniforms and young gangs going about beating each other up in mock wars.

That probably doesn't exactly fit with what the other players would be looking for - and like I say I don't think I'd apply for this game - but the hook as presented as perfectly solid.

Certainly.

So Urgathoans are big on necrophilia, right? What are some creative ideas for an Urgathoan sex party? I want to impress my players with the sheer depravity of it all.

Aquatic dragons are the most terrifying for players to fight.

Blues bottom because they're total bitches.

Whites top because they're savage brutes and rapists.

Underwater rules are terrifiyng

Mohrgs. Any number of other parasites. Undead falling to pieces and using their detachable parts creatively. Lots of "This scene is so dead" and "Don't be so cold" jokes.

How many dragon hearts do you have to eat before you start getting a cool template or prestige class?

>Coarse, greasy, and matted fur
>Just wants to punch things

Too busy with life and my two different games

Plus, fluffy tails aren't my style, and I don't like Text Only

I'm totally imagining a rough, tough punchy old scarred fox being followed around by dozens of ganger-dressed groupies.

The end result being more "Solid Snake Visits Shibuya" than anything.

>Carry a veritable arsenal on my character
>Different combinations of materials and enhancement effects to counter most plausible threats one could come across
>Pick a level in brawler so I could fight without weapons and so I get to adjust my build with a single feat to change my role from AoE to tank to pure DPS on the fly
>End up loving the ability to pick and choose feats on the fly and being able to deal loads of damage with punches
>End up juggling feats and weapons mid fight just for variation, but end up always simply beating people with fists for the mental image of a giant man pummeling wizards
>Must wait for yet another campaign to play a brawler
>Already too many games

This is torment

Rolled 1 (1d4)

1) Orgy is the marriage celebration between two Urgathoan priests (one living, one dead - each one half stitched together magically) and a Corpsespinner. Guests and participants are a mix of living, undead, victims and corpsespun creatures.

2) Sex party takes place in the intestinal remains of a dead sphinx on an ancient battlefield. The dead buried there have been resurrected as party servants, and the central activity is a drinking game using various drinks, drugs and toxic substances mixed with the Sphinx's gastric fluids. Forfeits generally involve the risen corpses in some way.

3) A traitorous family of vampires who've betrayed the Urgathoan cult are being delicately unraveled and molested in the middle of the temple. The floor is slick with blood and groups of flirty, frisky cultists are competing with each other to see how far they can stretch the physical remains of each vampire.

4) The jeweled lich Pravus Pravum (actually dozens of separate liches each bound to a single bone in a levitating partial human skeleton) has split itself up to possess all the inhabitants of a nearby village, who are now amusingly competing against each other in war, sex and disease curse games.

Why are Chen and Rumia wearing high heels?

>veteran kitsune who's too old for this shit inadvertently creates bancho culture

Oh, Mohrgs have those tongues too. That is delicious.

Even better if he's the only one that actually punches things ever, and the rest just have competitive dance-offs/rap battles/etc.
>Incredibly complicated and choreographed dance battle starts up, people flipping around, making kitsune towers to posture with, shifting between forms midair for jaw-dropping acrobatics
>Old guy at the front is practically touching the inside back of his own skull
>Suddenly, a cry is heard
>"Dammit, Konoko, you BIT me!"
>"It was an accident!"
>"Ugh!"

Anyone heard from Sleeping Goddess GM?

They gonna flaaaake

I love these, especially three. My players will definitely regret this session

user, you're making me sad...

Please don't senpai.

Nope, when you agree to cozy up to and do murderous favors for an eccentric noblewoman who throws parties that are to die for, you're absolutely asking for it

I only just realized now my second app is a full caster and that's against the rules anyway. At this point I'm not gonna be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

What's a good set-up for a Come to Iomedae intervention with a lapsed comrade? I'm thinking Zone of Truth, Maximum Southern Preacher voice, and maybe some trumpets is a good start

Already did ma'am!

So my party's making me play the healer, but the problem is it's a very obnoxiously lawful good campaign in a world where literally the only valid god choices are good-aligned.

I hate playing good clerics. Advise me on a healer.

Why do you need an intervention in the first place? As long as your comrade in arms is laying waste to the demonic menace and not to the forces defending this world, everything is fine.

Be an Oracle, or a LN Cleric of a good Deity. Or an Alchemist

See if you can get away with a Cleric of /innawoods/

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Fenmarel_Mestarine

Is there a way I can make a character who is good with a gun AND a sword? I was thinking of playing a character who uses a pistol and sword. Chargen is lvl 3 but if I can't make it work at chargen that's fine.

Privateer class template if you are allowed to use path of war. Otherwise I'm not so sure.

He's losing his cool and having emotional issues. He's gotta see the light

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/sword-and-pistol-combat

What kind of emotional issues? Is it endangering anyone or just making him slightly more annoying?

Psychic with the Faith Discipline. Choose a NG god and be TN.

Play a Oradin. Life Oracle 3, Paladin X, Life Link, Channel Energy, Fey Foundling. You don't even need a deity.

Problem with gunswording is that neither guns nor swords count as light weapons for Two Weapon Fighting, so you're eating a -4 penalty even after feats

You sure that's the name? I can't find it on the SRD which I thought included third party content

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/privateer-template

He's blacking out in a murderous rage, obsessing over a party member who resembles his raped-and-burned dead mother, and indulging in dangerously heretical pessimism.

The only good deity that would accept a neutral follower here is the god of holy light, morning, and holy fire, which is absurdly generic and literal torment.

See above

Still have to be lawful good.

Be a vitalist. Be a secular humanist. Attempt to reach physical perfection without the cheaty help of deities.
Alternately, alchemist, same. Alternately alternately, godless heathen druid.

Why not just channel the murderous rage against the demons?

Also, pessimism isn't really that much of a problem - it's to be expected of those suffering through the Hell of war with only their own willpower to guard their minds.

Finally, the party member thing is something those two will have to work out between themselves.

As long as he hasn't turned traitor, everything is fine. The more weapons you have against the demons that threaten our world, the better.

Couldn't you use a pistol in your main and light weapon in your off hand?

And there are no CG gods available? What about going LN?

>they didn't 'respect' the 'earth'

I'm pretty sure they were the ones being disrespected, pal. By a giant space rock.

Yes, if you used a shortsword, but i suspect when they said 'sword' they meant something more like a cutlass or at least a longsword

Dear Sleeping Goddess GM:

Please, give us an update. Even if it's to tell us you won't be running it anymore. Any update at all.

I'm not running it anymore.

CUTEPOSTERS BTFO

I'm a giant pussy.

It's okay.

Can you please post it on the roll20 for sleeping goddess for us? You don't need to even give explanation if you don't want.

I'm pretty sure that character is an insane paleontologist that got the power to turn people into dinosaurs from a magical chunk of jesus, so asking them to explain further is both dangerous and possibly pointless.

Then spice up the religion, not the deity. His order brings light in myriad ways, from maintaining libraries, to discovering political corruption, to sleeping with the lights on.

I mean, true.

Flakes never say they won't. They don't want to have to admit it. They just disappear and tell themselves they were the better man.

>Dr. Ferdinand is a geologist and a paleontologist with a very flamboyant personality. For him, the most important thing in the world is respect: he has himself a great respect of the planet, to the point he'd get senselessly furious should he see somebody spitting on the ground or littering. He's convinced that Earth brings prosperity only to those who respect the soil and has come to believe that dinosaurs, the once undisputed rulers of the world, died because their small brains couldn't understand this basic ideal.
Psychotic theme druid, definitely.

If you're still around, the Church Hunter has it listed that it gains Knowledge (Religion) as a class skill, but the base Bloodborne Hunter class has Knowledge (Religion) as a class skill already.

Did you mean to pick Knowledge (Planes) for Church Hunter?

Kineticist 1/ w/e else you want to play. Your party can have infinite healing 1d6+2 at a time if the want to pinhole you into a role while you do your thing. Only those that survive the fight get healing but they're back at max when they do.

So I'm getting up in levels with my wiz, and I'm wondering if it's possible to make crafting assistants like the Homs or these little guys. Is that possible? From what I can tell with a standard homunculus it's a ugly little demon that can do very little. Maybe a type or construct would be better?

Kinetic healer is a 1-burn utility. you can't gather power for that.

I mean, not just for looks sake. Like making them so they could actually help with crafting stuff.

...every time I hear more about this class I'm more disappointed and add to the list of shit to fix if I get to play it.

with the right 3pp support it's excellent. Additionally a common house rule is to allow stamina before you begin to eat into your burn. That can allow you to put the utilities including healing to MUCH better use, while them still being limited per encounter effectively.

But Iomedae's doctrine demands optimism. Her entire faith is one that revolves around the idea that a person doing the right thing can make a difference. Her Acts are significant BECAUSE she was not a divinity when she performed them. Pessimism is a dark but subtle heresy to her Ways.

and so is asking too many questions or doubting or NOT doubting, what's your point?

If 3rd party is allowed
One of the KoP or Legendary Kineticists archetypes focuses of having burn reducing abilities Only work on utility and defensive talents, meaning "Infusion Specialization" and Gather Power would work with Kinetic Healing, at the cost of basically giving up the offensive aspect of Kineticist.

Subtle heresy by a Paladin can't be tolerated!

Not archetypes.
Utilitarian Mutation, an "alternative class feature" type effect.

Allows you to once a minute spend a full round action to gather power, allowing you to use a utility at -1 burn cost in the next turn.

Just 1/min though, and the cost is immense:
No more burn-cost reduction to kinetic blasts whatsoever, AND kinetic blast cost reduced one step.

What is the best way to build a fightan man in PF? I love heavy armor, heavy weapons and front lining even if it is suboptimal, I still want to be the best possible.

Paladin, son

Straight paladin? What if I dont want to be LG?

Fighter's better than it was before.

There are ways of getting around it. If you don't want to be LG, Fighter. AWT and AAT are some nice stuff.

What do you have available? 1pp only? Any 3pp?

Then you have bad taste.

Well that is a good thing to hear. I will have to look for those.

1pp unfortunately. I would love to build an ZS warder for him but alas.

I would rather not spend the campaign worrying about when my GM is going to fiat my fall.

Are Samsarans cute?

Yea, as bizarre as it sounds, fighter is unironically what you'll probably be wanting. If you're up for some bullshitting via AWT, it's possibly to become a pseudocaster based off CON now as well, though it's a little outside the scope of "I want to be big boy big poise"

>I would rather not spend the campaign worrying about when my GM is going to fiat my fall.

Then you need to find a non-shit GM.

have you checked out the witchgaurd? not a "Fighter", but you could dip into feats for smash from air and become the ultimate bodygaurd front liner.

Is it 2hu shilling samsarans all of a sudden?

>Ifrit blaster sorc
>was originally just a regular ol' human until he found a bottle of ashes at the bottom of a well
>the ashes were from a phoenix, and the magic bottle was designed to prevent her resurrection
>she's been stuck in there so long she can't resurrect properly in her own body, but the phoenix's soul is still very much alive in there
>she makes a deal with her discoverer - in exchange for access to her power in life, she possesses his body, may or may not influence his thought processes a little, and can begin resurrecting normally again upon his death
>"okay," he says, drinking the ashes thinking that's what he had to do for it to work
>they tasted terrible, by the way
>also it wasn't necessary at all

On a scale of "would not play with, too cringey" to "silly, but workable" to "acutally kinda cool" r8 this backstory.

Witchguard? Where's that from?

dont see a problem myself. you could dip into spiritualist if you want that dual mind to have mechanical relevance

Beggars cannot be choosers

That is kinda cool. I wish people liked playing more low fantasy type games where fightan mans shined. It is cool that fighter is making a comeback.

I will have to check it out. I like witches for their hexes and control. Usually I play casters for that but I am looking to shake things up.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/witchguard

take this, arcane strike, helpful (adopted) and get the gloves of arcane strike boosting shit and you will be well on your way to defending people, don't forget the weapon mastery smash from air.

Sweet, thanks.

No, I just want to know if the new character in our party is a total babe or not. Are Samsarans one of those babe races, or are they just blue humans?

Beggars can and, in fact, should be choosers.

AWT?

You can't take Weapon Masteries unless you have the Weapon Training class feature, though?

Advanced Weapon Training. Rather than get new weapon groups for Weapon Training, they can choose to pick from a list of neato abilities.