Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: 6th edition artwork… edition.

>Previous Thread

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/monthly
store.steampowered.com/app/437070/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2nd for best race!

I remember the first time I saw Warhammer stuff in person it was at a hobby store and they had art like that all over the place. WHFB, Mordheim, a lot of standees too, which I really wish I could find.

Was it someone from here that made this or was this a /twg/ special?

Probably /twg/. They have all the memes it seems.

It'll be from /twg/. The treeman spam is real.

I know everyone has rose coloured glasses for the edition that got them into the game but I really do think 6th edition art and model design was the high point of Warhammer Fantasy. Especially for Dwarfs and Empire.

6th and 7th were the best for art, before it got crazy. It was high fantasy but subdued to a point where it was believable within the universe.

Rip

God I miss 6th ed era so much.

Best art style.

First Archaon looks surprisingly good for his age.

Best Warhams:

Warhammer Fantasy Battle, 6th edition
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 2nd edition
Mordheim: City of the Damned

I've never played WFB, but even I thinkm6th Ed. was the high point. Setting was fleshed out and hadn't started getting overly insane yet, and the art and writing was great.

I wish we could go back to that style.

It's a shame that they no longer sell 6'th edition Archaon as a collectors piece. It's a rather stunning gamepiece.

I'm sure it'll be come made to order at some point.

Oldkits were artistically pretty poor but still had soul and character, and a distinct "look"
Golden Age kits, like mid archaon were the highest union of skill and soul gw ever reached
New kits are visual vomit that abuses the lack of limits in computer sculpting

It demonstrates a very very good understanding of the fundamentals of what makes an attractive 28mm miniature. Dynamic pose that accurately represents character but doesn't look like a ballerina, proper frugality of detail, amazing visual composition as all the lines of action draw your eye directly to archy's, It's legitimately one of the best single miniatures GW has ever printed, and it makes the AOS all the more depressing.

What do you call those leather strap things like those skeletons are wearing? Bugs me that I have no idea.

Headbands?

> When Beastmen attack Carroburg at 4 in the morning.

IMPORTANT NEWS
TOTAL WARHAM 12$$$$$$ ON HUMBLE BUNDLE MONTHLY.

Subscribe for monthly to a month, sl all the games the. Unsubscribe. If you have been on the fence for the game now is the time to buy it.

humblebundle.com/monthly

Pic unrelated, but I did just finish him, gloss still wet

Doesn't look too bad, though the ruffles could do with a bit of lighter colours on the edges. Is the head from the Pistoliers kit?

Steamtank engineer head, unit champion of my greatswords so his spiffiness levels had to be maximised l

Actually, this reminds me.
Does anyone happen to know if there's a pdf of Hero's Call for wfrp 3e floating around?

Apparently it has an adventure featuring Castle Schluesselschloss (is that redundant?). I haven't seen a copy anywhere in OP though.

It'd be redundant if it were Schlossschloss. As it is, it's Castle Schluessel.

Right but 'Castle Schluesselschloss' is 'Castle Castle Schluessel'.
It's like the whole Torpenhow Hill situation.

But no one says that, at least none that I've heard in game or in news about the dlc. The innkeeper says Schlusselschlosse, which translates into Castle Schlussel. It's redundant if you put it all together. It means 'key', apparently. Perhaps the 'key to lower Reikland'.

Schluesselschloss guards

the Schlusselschloss Schlucht

Lore question.

Are there any other trees like the wythel trees that are extremely rare in athel loren?

what's this from senpai?

store.steampowered.com/app/437070/

DLC for Vermintide. It's a Last Stand map where numerous waves of increasingly more difficult to kill Skaven come at you.

>It demonstrates a very very good understanding of the fundamentals of what makes an attractive 28mm miniature. Dynamic pose that accurately represents character but doesn't look like a ballerina, proper frugality of detail, amazing visual composition as all the lines of action draw your eye directly to archy's, It's legitimately one of the best single miniatures GW has ever printed, and it makes the AOS all the more depressing.

I don't play Warriors of Chaos or anything but I must agree, Archaon's 6th edition model is one of the best and most thematically sound models GW has ever made in my opinion. It's dynamic but tame and not overwhelmingly detailed.

It's a very suitable model for a character who's title is "Lord of the Endtimes" and I remember thinking that when I first saw it years ago.

Can any wood elf lorefags answer my question.
Are there any trees that the elves of Athel Loren find extremely valuable or important?

The Oak of Ages.

I was referring to tree species like the Wythel, or mallorn from LoTR.

Hell, just name some generic fantasy tree species that won't hit me with a Copyright.

There's wutroth, but I don't know if that's found in Athel Loren as it's typically a wood that's harvested by dwarfs for use in really elaborate items like a runesmith's staff.

Ironwood from TES.

thanks.

2 > 1 > 3

i can understand why èpeople like 6th edition models and art, it was grea, but i think people are are mistreatig 4th/5th edition a bit too much. Those miniatures halfway between wonkyness and formal perfection were great and the over the top colourful art was great as well. I especially love the dwarfs of that time.
this is a great example

and the goblins too of course

While they're not horrible, the models of that era just seem kinda off to me. The art also had this weird habit of having people and monsters with their tongues hanging out of their mouths, like Dragon Ogres. Their newer models were definitely a good change.

So in my campaign, we roll every aspect of a character off of a table, is that normal, or unique to the campaign im in?

To clarify, for characters we make to play as

Not every character in the entire campaign

In WFRP? Yes, the book recommends that you roll everything from your career to your stats to your physical looks. It isn't necessary, but it's meant to make it so that you could end up as a bunch of nobodies rather than the players picking 'roles' to fulfill.

>no isometric WFRP video game which faithfully adapts gameplay and content

Not yet.

Interesting night encounters in Wissenland?

Ghosts of Solland who want their land back but don't know they're dead.

Damn, that's an nice idea.

This is normal, and the way it's supposed to be played, or you'll just end up with a bunch of snowflakes 9 times out of 10, with half the group being wizards and half the group "mapping out" their "progression".

Even better if they're not aware of what the year is. They wear rustic armour, speak in an antiquated way and don't recognize heraldry unless it's old enough to have been from the time of Solland. They assume Gorbad has been defeated but after Eldrad lead the defence of his province, those cowardly Wissenlanders stabbed them in the back. The flag of Wissenland flies over every corner of Solland and that just won't do. Perhaps it's a curse that stipulates that should they see the sun then the truth will be revealed to them, which is why they only come out at night.

Please soon

Fucking love these maniac little shit.

I love the old dwarves to bits. The revamp they got making them more generic Norse themed in 6th turned me off them.

They had Norse elements but it wasn't the "everyone in leather and mail" that seems to be reaching meme levels in any historical film/TV show.

You can also transport it without too much difficulty due to robust nature of the model as well.

The new D.Ogres are fucking garbage. Just look at their legs, god, it's like they have no knees!

Ok cool cool

But i rolled a mutated high elf wizard with impeccable stats and beneficial mutations so i guess i got hella lucky

Alright awesome, i already kinda ssumed that, but on a side note i dont know why everyone would choose wizard

Wizards dont get

>lmao giant/daemon slayer with 4 fucking attacks

though

Soon...

Aaaaany day now...

Half Life 3 confirmed!

A gang of beastmen!

...suddenly set upon by hooting, shrieking peasants with sickles!

...who then attack you too, because they belong to the cult of Ahalt the Drinker!

Warlord told me they'd release them during the middle of 2017.

G N O M E S

Amen

A group of hooded figures on horses, armed with lassos and cudgels prepare to steal a flock of sheep. They're not here to kill, but they won't hesitate to deal with anyone who gets in their way or who might identify them later.
They've come across the border from a hostile neighbouring barony. If the players intervene, they've made an enemy of the local Robber Baron. If not, the local authorities won't be too happy either.

I'll believe it when I see it.
But if that's true, awesome.

And does your dad also work for Nintendo?

I asked them on FB.

I feel as those the greatsword profile makes more sense for knights on foot than landsknecht
Those are such pretty mini's man, I don't comprehend what's taking them so long if they already have the molds and everything

Well, it would be cool if it happened. I wont cross my fingers, though.

Because they manufacture them at Renedra and besides Games Workshop they seem to be the only other manufacturer in the UK that makes plastic miniature sprues. So naturally Warlord Games has to wait for their turn.

Warlord also has to release six million variations of German panzergrenadiers for Bolt Action before thinking about any other ranges they have.

That too. It's not like Pike and Shota is their main game.

>Pike and Shota

:^)

Boku no Pike-o

Warlord really expanded far too fast. They have bought so many small companies and rights but take years just to release a pityful few miniatures outside of Bolt Action. Bolt Action isn't even a Warlord game but they bought the company ages ago.

The game is by Warlord. Bolt Action used to be a miniature range done by Paul Hicks but was then bought out, but it existed well before Warlord were founded. This was quite early on in Warlord's history, pretty much when they only release Black Powder and focused on Hail Caesar and the plastic Celts/Romans.

Aye, this makes sense. Thanks for correcting me.

So how screwed are you if a Von Carstein wants to tap your ass?

not much, unless you die of fractured hip

We need to add to this pdf. Anyone got those entries from a few threads back?

So why haven't humans settled in the Badlands? It's not as if it's unlivable - the Strygos empire was there - and it seems odd that Orcs and Gobbos just magically took over the whole place.

No single power is in really good shapre currently, and it's INFESTED with Orcs and Gobbos. Not a few, totally infested. A foreign invader would unite the greenskins pretty fast.

It's just not worth it.

This.

The Badlands are basically a human-sized bees nest. If the bees reproduced by dying, and fought literally everything.

Side note, this thing is a work of beauty. Next time GW calls for a Made To Order forum for their "Destruction" armies, request this.

There are odd human settlements but they don't last long.

Its full of Orcs, chock full of Orcs, and its a semi-arid steppe so theres not much cover or water. Lots of wolf riders and its a bit shit for agriculture

It also backs on to the Marshes of Madness which I believe are liable to lead to outbreaks of zombie mother fuckers.

Plus a few dark and nasty tombs with orrible surprises and fell lights in them.

>fungus grows in cool dark places
>Orcs are a semi-fungal race
>Orcs live in a hot sunny region

Must be a hardy breed of fungus as orcs can pop up just about anywhere that isn't rigorously cleansed like Ulthuan.

Kek, that was the only reason I asked in Historical. I just want some State Troops.

The reason question is, will they come with Halberds?

Mind you, this may sound crazy but I remember Warlord saying they were interested in releasing a Fantasy style game. Could we see a glorious reunion of Priestly and Not_Warhammer?

> Fungus can grow into a large and very angry green barbarian which has the mental faculties to craft ironwork. - believable.

> Fungus grows in a dry-ish and somewhat sunny place. - immersion broken.

I've heard that ET basically goes against themes that have been part of WHFB ever since the lore "solidified" so to speak. So what were those thematic changes? Was it just providing unambiguous answers to otherwise mysterious things? Just making a finality to Chaos winning?

I think your first point is why GW moved away from the landsknecht design for their State Troops.

They just looked too similar to Great Swords and the difference in profile was hard to justify. They basically have some extra thigh plates and they go from a 6+ to a 4+.

I know I'll get shouted at, but I quite like the current design.