Veeky Forums makes villains

Lets make villains Veeky Forums. Themes, artwork, lore, all of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqdmVdk-oc0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's kinda corny but I always like the idea of a villain (or anti-hero) called "The Ex-Patriot". Corny in the sense they're the box-standard anarchistic-inspired stuff that teenagers come up with.

Still, I like the name.

Make one based off of this.

I was planning on doing a villain team who's themes were based on the five stages of grief.

Denial was going to be completely detached from reality, a pyromancer who willingly allows a spirit of destruction to puppet his body and then commentates on things like he's watching a play.

Anger, I originally planned to the obvious and have him just be an asshole lashing out at the world, but then I figured maybe I could do something different, so he is a swordsman who became strong due to a fury at his own weakness and obsession with expunging it, and when he reached a plateau, he attempts to overcome it by subjecting himself to the harshest battles he can find.

Bargaining is a woman with a hybrid curse/disease which is slowly killing her, and she is using all the alchemical knowledge she can find to thwart it off and buy just another few days, scouring the world in search of obscure lore and doing awful things, but tempering that with the fact that, when lucid, she is still attempting to use that knowledge to help people as long as it also furthers her research

Depression is pretty easy and I went with the obvious on this one. A knight who was betrayed and in turn forced to betray her own ideals so many times in rapid succession during the collapse of her homeland to infighting that she stopped caring about anything, believing that she would hurt less this way. She moves through life with a mechanical purpose, barely even aware, just following the orders of the one she perceives as her master.

Acceptance was tricky, since it basically represents a return to 'normality', and so I did a twist on that. A man who was noble, and well-loved by his peers his entire life for his rigid sense of justice and morality... Then he loses the love of his life, and he takes a dark turn. A man who was only good because he believed it was what the only important person in his life would have wanted. When she is gone, he gives up and accepts that he isn't a good person.

The trick-BBEG. He speaks through pawns that he's "adopted". When the players reach the chambers of the wizard antagonist, they see the cat who the GM describes along with other oddities. The PCs kill the wizard and think that the job's done. The next antagonist "has" the same cat, though this time the cat's hidden out of view. Only the smartest PCs can figure out that the antogonists speak similarly and the second seems to have some sort of knowledge of the party.

At any point, the players can kill the cat in one hit, but the hard part is figuring out that the cat's behind everything. Maybe they can run into "similar cats" during side-quests and unrelated matters as the cat stalks them around. At the end of the campaign, the PC should be able to reveal all the strings that the cat's been pulling and all the moments that he's been there when the party didn't know.

His ultimate goal? Finding the formula for the universe's greatest hit of catnip.

An evil bard. He's the most talented performer, but he lacks the creative spark to create his own works, to find inspiration on his own. Thus he instigates tragedies, wars, catastrophes and other bad things. Kinda how Nero supposedly burnt down Rome. The party would first need to find out what he's doing and then trying to stop him, which would mean also fighting against all his mighty and powerful patrons, that would never believe he did all this.

Bonus points for this bard starting to insert the party into his songs and poems as they become increasingly important in the grand scheme of things.

I don't have any pictures that would work for an evil bard.

I'm going to steal this like the dirty bastard I am. Thank you, this should spice up the dish that is my otherwise bland campaign quite nicely.

I'm totally stealing this, but I'm personally going to change Anger to be a political activist/terrorist.
I'm probably gonna base him off Byck from the Assassins musical, kinda like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=jqdmVdk-oc0

Neat idea with cool enemy concepts. But Acceptance is outright wonderful and has a lot of potential.

Night Cat

A character that is just napoleon.

Cats Of Saturn

Had this idea for an evil pc if me and my friends ever did one that reached epic level. He would have the qualities of a silk worm and and would be a necromancer. He would take on the role of an under taker in a town for a couple of years and have minions do the same in other towns, cities and kingdoms. They would prepare the bodies for burial, but little did the families know that the bodies are really wax copies if they are being buried, and if it was cremation then a pigs bones would be used. The bodies then would be carried to a discreet location.

The whole purpose of taking these bodies is to have his own force of undead guards. The undead wouldn't be your average who are falling apart, they would be fitted with armor and would not decay due to a spell placed on them.

As earlier stated with the aspect of the silk worm is that he would wrap the bodies in a silk that would preserve them, until the spell that would halt decay would be placed on the corpse.

With a long life span of his species and the ability to extended his life do to necromancy he wouldn't need to make an army with gold, he would just wait for the bodies to pile up.

A fallen Jedi in a Galactic Civil War setting for Star Wars.

Bookish and studious, he discovered something that the Council claims drove him to insanity. He was last seen disappearing with a small army of Republic Troopers to a system in the Galaxy's outer rim.

It turns out he's tried to not only adopt the Sith Code fully, but expand it to a societal level. He rules a small fiefdom (debating between an asteroid belt or a system of moons all orbiting a gas giant) that's in a near-constant state of warfare. He recruits from what are essentially soldiers suffering severe PTSD, Murderers, Criminals, and more. Warfare is near-constant, yet the primary threat comes from his own personal "bodyguards", which wade into the midst of the near-constant carnage to specifically hunt down the PCs.

It's essentially Apocalypse Now in Space, mixed with a few tidbits from real-world hellholes such as Somalia and the like. The Fallen Jedi in question having devolved into Nihilism upon, allegedly, receiving a vision of "The Future" and learning that the supposed Chosen One bringing Balance to The Force... never really does.

All the death, the violence, the murder, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's simply a game for The Sith to make their powerplays, and it was at that moment that he realized it was perfect, that the Sith were truly a foe to be feared. Ultimately, Darth Bane was right, and The Rule of Two worked... and that's what broke him.

This gives me villain thoughts, but I can't say why or how.
Anyone got something?

the shaded eyes and the slightly smug grin

a former chaotic evil adventurer who collects magic items and has some use of magic themselves. They carry three magic swords, magic rings on all fingers, amulets, anklets, mismatched magic gauntlets, etc.

They are violent, impulsive, and easily manipulated.

More recently they were tricked into helping another baddy attain the mcguffin. When it became obvious they had been tricked, they betrayed the other baddy and took the mcguffin for themselves, becoming public enemy umber one in the eyes of the state. They don't really know or even care why the mcguffin is so important though...

I need someone to help me make my villain more innovative. In myour campaign an ancient ritual nearly crashed the moon into earth (the moon houses an ancient elder god) what motivation could the BBEG have beyond being a worshipper of the moon god? Why does he want to crash the moon and bring about the lovecraftian apocalypse?

He hates fishermen and wants to fuck up the tidal system really bad

Maybe it's inevitable? Like if the moon that housed the elder god had an imperfect orbit and would one day eventually crash into the planet even if no-one assisted it? Maybe he wants to fight the Elder God on his terms or when its sleeping/weakest?

Are you looking for justification for why he serves the Elder God or why he is trying to crash the moon?

I accidentally a few words. The ancient ritual caused it to nearly crash to earth before it was stopped and it already caused a fuck huge cataclysm several hundred years ago. He wants to finish the job. He's basically the skull kid from majoras mask. Is there any way to make that compelling?

maybe he sees both the world and its moon as sentient beings and wants them reunited

A good possibility. They do both house old Gods, who are at odds with each other. But it could be the basis of a motive.

long, long ago the kingdom had a hero of unmatched strength, riding headfirst into the lines of the enemy kingdom and breaking their lines, rallying the hearts of the people to pick up both banner and sword. he became a symbol of their proud nation, a symbol of justice, kindness and most of all, strength.

until one day, the enemy kingdom poisoned the hero, but not a quick and fatal poison, no, it caused slow decay so that the people could watch their hero slowly rot away before their eyes. the king, of course, kept this away from the public. locking him away, claiming that he had simply fallen ill, but tried everything in his power to heal him. his mages performing increasingly powerful - and perverse- magic to heal or even stall. his clerics calling upon every favor of the major deities, minor deities, and when those started running out, started calling out to other, more questionable things. however, the alchemists, the pride of the kingdom who was built on the combination of science and magic that performed the most of the depraved acts. replacing his heart with that of a chimera, crafting the scales of dragons upon his skin, and his blood with that of trolls. pumping his veins full of chemicals that normally would never even get close to a human, unless he was wearing heavy protection.

nothing worked, the knight, or, whatever he had become, kept rotting away, hidden away from the public. the king declared that he had passed, and announced a new day of celebration, in his honor so that he may never be forgotten.

but he did not die, even after the rot had eaten away his sanity, even without food or water for generations, even with his grotesquely disfigured body clad in heavy iron chains, he did not die.

1/3

no one knew what was inside the small cell at the end of the corridor in the lowest level of the dungeon since the truth had been lost to time a long, long time ago. with the overcrowding of the prison after the population boom leading to the wardens trying to use as much room as possible so was it no surprise that they eventually came to the door, and finding a seemingly dead mutant was, while not a common sight, especially not in this state, something that was not unheard of "must have been another one of those damn alchemists-gone-crazy creations, dosen't matter, it's dead now, get the new guy and tell him to throw it on the corpse wagon"

the knight did not move, maybe he had forgotten how, he did not move when he was hauled out of the dungeon, did not move when he was thrown on a wagon and, along with a pile of corpses transported out of the city, and out into the wilderness, where he was dumped into a quickly and shoddily dug mass grave, with a lazy amount of earth and a few rocks as cover. then, when the shovelfuls of earth hit him, the sun came out of the clouds, and he could see it. the sun, the blue sky, the green grass just mere meters away from him. just like he remembered, just like when... he went to war. he stood up. the two men, veterans of the kingdom, but now nothing more than mere old drunkards that had been handed these putrid jobs of digging graves out of pity since they couldn't hold any other jobs for long enough, charged him. "enemies" was all the knight could think, and all the needed to. the first mans clumsy charge was easily dodged, followed by his own shovel being grabbed from him and used to decapitate him, in a swing of great strength. the other one managed to get a swing in and cause a cut in the knights arm, who started to -what most would consider to be- bleeding a thick, dark green ooze. a quick backhand with his bleeding arm sent the man flying.

2/2

the knight stood and watched. even with most of his mind rancid and lost, so was synapses slowly starting to fire, not always right, but it was something. he watched the man go into convulsions and foam at the mouth from where he had accidentally swallowed some of the green ooze delivered from the blow. his veins begun to darken and then he went still. and then he rose up, standing, watching the knight, awaiting orders. the knight did not remember much. but what little he did remember was "war", and to make "war" so do you need an "army"

he did not know who he was.
he did not know where he was.
he did not know why.
all he knew was that he must make "war".
and so, the crusade started.

pretty much a spin on zombie apocalypse with slightly more intelligent zombies and a nice, crunchy brawl bossfight at the end instead of a caster-lich that actively is trying to hide

3/3

I'm glad I can be an inspiration

I'm guessing Acceptance is the leader? Did they all know each other before they fell, because that could make things more interesting.

There's some neat interplay there, as well. Does Depression serve Acceptance? Some nice synergy of themes and a good metaphor in that. Bargaining is a wild card since by nature she will do absolutely anything to prolong her own tragedy. Denial feels like a nice introductory boss to show that the people they're fighting are all tragic characters, and sets up a great scene if you have him regain his lucidity in his final moments. It's a cliche, but it's one I'll fall for every time.

Anger could maybe use some work, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. Not that your idea is bad, it just doesn't have as much interesting space to work with as the others.

Either way, as a concept for a villain team, it's really neat. Very Metal Gear meets Dark Souls.

Oddly enough, Acceptance makes me think of Butcher, from The Boys.
Early on, he talks about being in this because one of the Supers killed his wife (more or less).
Later on, you see his backstory, see that he used to be a violent bully with a temper problem, but then he met his wife, and she made him a better person.
As the story goes on, if becomes more and more obvious that his violent asshole personality isn't because he's just that hell-bent on revenge, it's because, with her gone, there's no reason for him to be a good man.

A proud warrior. A brother. A husband. A father.

He was all these things once. Until the enemy came. They came with fire and hate, and they slaughtered his people. His race is dead. His family is dead. He was left to die in their ashes. He called out for anyone. Anything. Anything that was willing to help him. Help him get revenge.

Something...something nameless in the darkness answered him.

He stalks the civilized people now, hunting them. He seeks ways to bring down their cities, dismantle their societies, and ultimately prove to them how inferior they are. How pathetic they are. Nothing less than the destruction of the concept of civilization will be enough to stop the pain he lives in every waking moment.

He will make the cities of Europe burn...

I quite like the dragon patriarchs of my setting. My favourite is a mad dungeon master who constantly builds and improves on trap-filled dungeons and lures people there by promising to fulfil the greatest wish of anyone who manages to conquer them; in fact, he just enjoy to see people die in elaborate ways and resorts to cheating whenever a chance arises that someone may actually win.

There's also a mad dragon playwright who forces entire kingdoms to act his deranged epic plays out, usually ending in death for most characters; a manchild dragon who kidnaps adventurers, puts them in giant dollhouses and plays with them; a beauty-obsessed dragon who destroys anything that he considers ugly (which is to say, nearly everything); and more.

>The rotted, corrupted husk of what was once a hero, fuelled by delusions and half-forgotten concepts of war and heroism, leading an army of the dead to make war upon those who live on
Metal as fuck. I'm stealing this.

a well dressed man approaches the party, the party easily recognizes his sigill as someone from a noble family very close to the king. the country is currently suffering from famine, which has caused smallscale uprisings to occur throughout the country. the noble claims to, despite coming from a family of military to actually be a botanist, and has discovered a crop from far away that might actually solve the countries crisis, he wants you to carry a sack around with you, and hand out a pouch-full of seeds, for free, every time you help a peasant and ask him to plant it and claim it to be the generosity of the king, each time you do this so will you get money for it. this would help ease the famine as well as restore some of the failing loyalty towards the crown

at first this seems like a small side mission to earn a bit of extra money in exchange for some annoying dumb-as-cowshit-peasant rp time, which needs to be played up to make the players think that this is the "catch" of the quest

then, several sessions later, the crops slowly starts flowering

not only is the crops inedible, but it also poisons everything around it, worsening the famine and driving the country to the brink of civil war.

now, the revolutionaries think that the party are the kings agents and poisoned the crops and wants their heads, the king thinks they are revolutionaries who pulled a false flag and wants their heads. the stalemate continues for a while with the party getting more and more fucked over until a military coup dethrones the king, claiming to be for the "people" with one of the military leaders taking up command of the country. a well dressed man.

of course, he can't let the party keep roaming about with all the slander that they are talking about him, and he would be doing everyone a service for removing the people that close to everyone in the country hates so deeply

I think it'd work better if it was more like a Don Quixote figure, but actually incredibly dangerous instead of harmless.

This is a fantastic idea.

Cool concept, I like the mesoarmerican look
speaking of which, there's not enough love given to really obscure mythological villains. You know the kind. They're clearly evil and menacing, but they have aspects about them that just plumb don't make any fucking sense. Baby eating witches with wooden legs. Men who sing with the voices of your loved ones but they have backwards feet. Women who can detach their head and use it to fly around and drain the life of young lovers.
What's with these villains teegee? How do you take old mythology, with all its wacky shit, and modernize it?
Pic very much related, I've been wanting to do these aztec villains for a while now. A pantheon of twisted, viscous spirits that must be stopped. And I want to add to that as far as their minions go. I just have to work around the...oddities they boast. Or unironically embrace them. If I could only explain away their wackyness besides
>Them aztecs amiright?

in the islands full of terror and death, to the far north, a shift of power has happened. the old king has died, and even if everyone recognized him as wise, so were there constant whispers of weakness and dishonor under his rule. after years of "peace agreements" "non aggression pacts" and "treatises" so has a new king taken the granite throne. a mighty warrior, donning the skull of a mighty beast that he slayed with his own hands. with the promises of glory and an end to the insults of these false truces so has be managed to rally the hearts of his island brothers, many of which has grown restless and bloodthirsty with each passing year, with only the horrid beasts stalking the forests to satisfy them with

the raids started suddenly without warning, villages full of innocents slaughtered and burned, coastal towns plundered and raised. and then nothing. it was not an act of rage, or even one of greed.. but rather a message

"come, come to our islands, we will show you our strength, and where from we gain it. so come, and stay... cause we're gonna bury you here"
perfect for when your party needs some time of from the real campaign and instead wants to go to fight some !notviking barbarians in the deadly jungles of !noticeland

Anyone got anything interesting for a Pack Lord of a warband of Knolls? I was thinking of making him a hybrid of a Fang of Yeenoghu and a regular Pack Warlord

How about a mage/enchanter that is destroying knoledge and civilization as he wants no one to surpass him?

>napoleon
>bad
t.monarchist

>tfw no bbegf

Is it sad that this sounds nice to me?