4e Thread?

Hey y'all, looking to run a 4th Edition game for nostalgia's sake.

>Yes, I'm aware, worst edition ever 4rries get out reeeee.

That out of the way, is anyone aware of a working edition of CB Loader? I can't seem to find one that actually functions.

And general 4e thread I suppose. Are there any new games that use its system, any fond memories, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/paPzDyS4
dnd.wizards.com/digital_tools
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3Y55nNkvUKddkZTQjN2TGFENEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The version of CBLoader here worked for me: pastebin.com/paPzDyS4

I'm actually starting up a 4e group of my own with local(ish) friends. We're having our first session on Wednesday and I'm pretty hype for it.

Also don't forget funin.space

So, does anyone else do those WotC Unearthed Arcana feedback surveys? At the end they always have and 'additional comments' section.

Reason I'm bringing it up is that I always put up a 'make the character builder and all the other 4e stuff free! Stop the subscription BS!' in it. I'm sure if they got a big enough response they could possibly take note, right? Might not make a difference but you never know.

As for a fond memory - My DM made a homebrew setting that I played in for years. I'm currently taking a bunch of the ideas from it and converting them over to my own game for my new group.

The online 4e tools/compendium on the WotC sites is basically dead, from what I remember. Like actually not even there.

Strange, I thought you logged in under the 'legacy' section at the bottom of this page
dnd.wizards.com/digital_tools

Oh hey.

I just checked and it's back. Sorry for the misinformation, but I'm pretty sure it was down about a month ago.

Probably. Not saying you're lying, it's a possibility after all. That said, what do you think about inundating them with messages demanding they cease charging money for a system they no longer support?

Unlikely to help, but I shall join your cause.

I appreciate it user.

Now, getting more on topic, let's go back to the OP
>Are there any new games that use its system, any fond memories, etc?

>Are there any new games that use its system
Oh boy time to shill Strike!

Seriously though, the system is heavily flawed, suffers even harder than 4e did from the whole "where are the noncombat rules" deal, but if you like the grid combat Strike is a really neat take on it. Worth checking out at least.

Already own it. It's not bad, I actually rather enjoy it. Thinking about whipping it out sometime around May once my main campaign (using 5e right now) winds down.

Right on man.

As far as other stuff that's similar to 4e, I'm not aware of any RPGs. There's a lot of board games out there that give a comparable "feel" though. i.e. tactical grid-based combat with some light roleplaying thrown in. Mageknight comes to mind, and the DnD board games themselves are pretty good.

Well there is this
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3Y55nNkvUKddkZTQjN2TGFENEk
Give it look over, I just found it the other day. Haven't been able to find the time to look it over in too much detail personally but it looks decent enough if someone went through and edited it some more.

I'm also looking to get some of the expansion stuff for Strike! the guy sells over on DriveThruRPG. Considering it's the closest to 4e game out there I'm trying to stay on top of it.

I moved on to Strike! as well.

I feel the skill rules work, but the DM needs to put the time in to work out exactly how they will function in the game you are playing.

Now that I have some more free time I'm considering making a more 4e-like skill/ritual system for it.

Either that or try my hand at a d20 fantasy heartbreaker.

Just from a cursory glance, it looks like some really great ideas with questionable execution and no polish whatsoever. Pretty much perfect for cannibalizing. Thanks user.

Hey, no problem. As far as I can tell it was last heavily worked on in 2015, so it's great for taking things from and adding to, say, you Strike! game.

What do you need? I got shitty versions of Rogue, Psychic, the survival thing, maybe I got the vechicle supplement somewhere if I dig around.

Woah! Thanks! Um... If you don't mind I'd like all of those except the vehicle supplement. I already have some things wrote up so I should be fine I hope on that front.

shitty Rogue

Shitty psion

Survival

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you!

I seriously need to finish the warcraft homebrew I started years ago

I keep losing bits of it at a time and forgetting about it, leaving it undone for longer and longer