Darths and Droids

What are Veeky Forums's opinions on this?

On what?

I think it's pretty great, both the in-game and meta plots are interesting, it'll be interesting to see if and when they do episode 7 (I think they mentioned on the forums they'll probably have a hiatus in between 6 and 7)

Not as good as DM of the rings

There's worse ways to kill an evening. Few of the strips are actually funny, but many of them are painfully accurate.

I disagree, the group in Darths and Droids feels like they'd actually be friends and enjoy playing together, the DM of the Rings group seem to be in near-constant internal conflict

I enjoyed DM of the Rings, I followed this through at least the first two prequels, maybe Revenge of the Sith. I didn't find it terribly funny and quickly lost track of the in-universe plot rewrite

It's fine, but there's far better things to spend my time on.

Only the first episode was good. Then it gets progressively worse and worse as jokes and gags get replaced by plot neither interesting nor funny. I've stopped reading all together after the New Hope.
DM of the Rings, meanwhile, is good all the way through and remains relevant and timeless.

Love it.
They have all kinds of players, and then some beautiful moments like this.
Also the plot twists are actually good.

Yes, which was funny

Which was the point

The prequel trilogy was great, but it got less funny when they started on the original trilogy. Still good, and they do occasionally manage some great moments, like the revelation about Darth Vader.

On tangerines.

Which isn't helped by the OT being a much more beloved and coherent story, so the rewriting doesn't look as good in comparison.

this is pretty accurate

It's still good, but the OT is pretty great, so they don't really have any shitty things to rewrite.

Still a good few moments

According to their FAQ, they want to not do episode 7 until the full trilogy is out. But they are probably gonna do Rogue One in the meantime.

That about sums it up for me. Consistently chuckle worthy for me even if it has lost some of it's edge in recent years. What I'd really like to see is so campaigns based on other franchises. Indiana Jones or Battlestar Galactica maybe?

I wanna see that princess bride campaign they did

My inner nerd also wants them to be playing a specific system. Like Blade runner using Cyberpunk 2020. But I recognise that wouldn't have such broad appeal

Same here. You still have a good joke from time to time, but it's so long now. Since episode one took 200 pages to complete, we shouldn't need 1450+ pages to go to episode VI.

Nonetheless, I enjoy the alt universes they are adding regularly to strip 50.

It's great I love it.

So, what kind of player would you be?

Jim? Ben? Annie? Sally? Corey? The poor GM?

And what character (PC or NPC) did you appreciate the most?