Warhammer 40k general

Gork and Mork aren't real edition.

prev

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=4cA_VKgWzSQ

> 40k reference in wiki format
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, please ask for it anyway!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Can someone get Gulliman a new copy of the kodex orkstartes, y)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Gathering Storm 2 epub W H E N

So Girlyman is back And most likely the Lion is next. So when is Sangunius coming back guys?

Yeah. The seminar was new models, I dunno where the Heavy Dreadnought is due to have rules.

He isn't. Neither is Curze.

#
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

Custodes and silent sisters rules.

Giant super dread not included, but the other two Custodes dreads are there.

I'm kinda tempted to get a Custodes army just because it'll only have a few units at 2000, so will be fairly cheap for a 40k army despite the individual units cost.

so return of the emperor confirmed?

What factions would people recommend to a beginner? Imperial guard, skittari + cult mechannicus or Tau?

that's for 30k

>What factions would people recommend to a beginner?
Ultramarines, Ynnari.

We knew the Emperor was getting rules and models in HH.

This has been known for a long time.

WHY DOES THIS BOOK EXIST

But everyone else gets Daddy back I want mine dammit

>I'm a shitposter and MUST shitposter

That's 30k you daft fucking melt. Learn to read. If you can read, lurk more and realise the fucking difference between 30k and 40k.

I mean its kinda surprising that the emperor would get a model in the HH its not like he was a pivotal character or anything

Because it allows you to run an Inquisition army with some fluffy bodyguards. That's why. What's the problem? It is also the only physical edition for Sisters of Battle. So, that answered your question?

Curze isn't coming back either. Alpharius neither (Omegeon is though). Ferrus Manus probably isn't either.

>its not like he was a pivotal character or anything
do you think they're just not going to touch the siege or attack on the vengeful spirit at all, or what

sorry

Neither was Manus in the HH as he was killed in the first battle. It's for the fights where he fought, such as Ullanor.

It joke

about a week from now.

Late for hot guardswomen.

REMINDER TO KILL YNNARI ON SIGHT!

YNNARI ARE KINSLAYING, DEAMON WORSHIPPING ASSHOLES THAT DESTROYED BIEL TAN!

REMOVE YNNARI!

>Imperial Triumvirate #1 formation gives Stubborn if near 2 and fearless if near 3 of them
>gives them their Warlord traits if one is your Warlord
>Celestine's trait is useless outside of SoB

>Eldar Triumvirate gives Fearless if near 2 models and every unit from your army has Fearless if all 3 are on the board
>1 can get Warlord trait by being your Warlord, Visarch gets his trait by default

I'm baffled that they already 1-up'd the Imperial Triumvirate and giving that to Eldar, of all factions.

Ynnari WraithKnight when?

She is protected by strong Slaaneshi daemon so it is not so easy to kill her.

>I'm baffled that eldar get good rules
are you really, though

Which list is better?
This one
OR

Space Marines, Necrons, Tau.

This one

Can someone Upload the new white dwarf please?

Because if you are like me you want to run inq. But have turbo autism that prevents you from using digital shit.

dont take skitarii
they have a lot of special rules, their codex is very small and does not explain the basics (it even lacks some formations for whatever reason) and in terms of painting the minis are not beginner-friendly

Any dark eldar players here?

I was thinking of getting some cult units, a haemonculi, some wracks and grotesques.
Scissor hands are the best melee weapon by far, but what about their ranged options?

liquifier guns have a 1/3 chance for ap2 or better, 50 50 for ap3 but they're only strength 3. they give me a template to protect myself from charges but take away a close combat attack (which would mostly only be useful when they get furious charge turn 4).

Hexrifles and ossefactors sound good too, they ignore toughness and have a chance to instant death monsters while they seem like they would also be useful vs troops due to their sniper and calcific spears rule.

Il put my haemonculi in with the trueborn, if everything goes to plan they can teleport in turn 2 and then charge turn 3.

Also, any good ideas how to use the animus vitae?

They might be trying to sell them...

What program did you use to make these lists?

Never gets old.

I like this one better but it's missing a cute worm.

I need help, i'm just getting into tabletop and I've narrowed down a few armies that I really like thematically. But i'm having trouble settling on one. Can anyone give some insight on Genestealer cult/Chaos marines or Orks? I know I can only afford to build one army and i'm having a bitch of a time deciding.

I know. The Mawloc will be missed, but it was traded for a 3rd flyrant, which is indisputably more useful.
Mawlocs may be CUTE But they're rarely more than a distraction carnifex in terms of usefulness.

Thank you. How are the Tau compared to the IG? Are GW paints, clippers and glue optimum for the hobby, or could cheaper and higher quality alternatives be found at art shops?

Why are you bringing Termies in your hive fleet attachment?
Just bring some cheap Mucloids.

Because Mucolids can't cap objective and are therefor a waste of Objective Secured.
HFD gets obsec, doesn't it? or am I misremembering?

maybe ur dad should have jobbed like a bitch

Tau are easier to paint, better to play this edition (codex-wise).
Word to the wise, Do not buy minis based on rules alone. Go with the toy soldiers that look best to you. Rules change pretty quickly, minis do not.
GW paints are good, as you progress in painting, you should move towards using paints from different ranges (greens from P3, Yellows from GW, etc etc)
GW brushes and other tools are generally good quality, but overpriced and wear out more quickly than others without proper care.
See /wip/ for more painting and modelling advice.

>slugga boyz rather than shootas
otherwise pretty cool/10, my casual army would probably struggle to deal with it

Rule of thumb is: Decide on what army looks the best in your opinion and decide on their fluff, backgrounds etc. Can you identify yourself with the army?
There are always alternatives. I only use GW primer spray and some of their layers. Most other colors are from Vallejo. I use the UHU PLAST SPECIAL Modellbaukleber (glue) and it works very well.
Apparently most Americans buy their stuff at Home Depot but I do not have access to that

Look up the /wip/ general. They are literal painting gods

Sons of Horus pls go

Thanks for the help i'm completely new to this. How often are new codex's released?

I really like Orks, always have since I first played Warhammer vidya. My only issue is that building an army for them is more expensive to make competitive since they horde up. I guess i'd solve that by playing chaos.

Why not just print the digital version?

Are you on the Green side or the Black side motherfucker ?
GREEN SIDE OR BLACK SIDE CHOOSE !

Seriously if there's an actual second split in the Chapter/Legion I will be ecstatic because the Fallen thing will finally have some pay off after years of the Fallen getting less and less significant in the lore and the Dark Angels fucking over more and more of their allies to get them. And maybe we finally will get some new plots beside all books and DA cameos being about the Fallen.

>make competitive
>orks
orks are about having fun modeling and painting because their book might as well be from 2nd ed

Lately it's been a lot slower than in years past. It used to be once every couple years. Now, it's like once per 5 years or some shit.

GW is releasing new models and progressing the story line right now. Maybe it's better to wait for the 8th edition codices unless you find some cheap 7th edition ones

I choose the black side user

I'm not sure, if is correct then that means waiting around 3 years

not choosing until I see what they do with cypher

moderate excite, though

8th is right around the corner.

>Aeldari
Finally the faction name is as gay as it's players

I don't think there's enough evidence to say that. 8th could be over a year away

which side is less gay?

Stop talking shit.

Everyone knows you can buy a softback mini-rulebook for pennies from Ebay or some shit.

Dude, it's great that you're enthusiastic, but take the advice you get here with a bag of salt. Veeky Forums a shit.

Guy at local GW said June/July.

>Eldar players are gay
When will this meme die?
Never played eldar of any kind, it's just a retarded meme

Can you do successor chapters for chaos marines? I'd like to use some of the new formations from Traitor Legions but using My Guys.

>Guy at local GW
The most trustworthy leak source: Redshirts who don't know shit about shit.

It's just one autist who shitposts that image and some variation of "lmao aeldari". He's been doing it since the name was first seen. Ignore it and it will go away.

about as trustworthy as the rumour sites, really

Thanks for the help pal. I'll make sure to be skeptical of some advice. From the sounds i'm leaning towards Tau, but I heard a lot of people say that they aren't fun to play or play against. What do people think?

>Aeldari cucks are THIS mad GW finally recognized their sexuality
False, I only first started today.

Whichever you prefer, it's your homolust after all.

the only lust i have towards homos is bloodlust

Just my opinion that GW want to quickly release the 8th as fast as they can so they can simplify the rules and attract more new player for the 40K.

That's why the Gathering Storm events is so fucking rush.

here's a tip for the rules: don't buy the BRB (big one).
go to ebay and invest in a small-format softback copy.
people who buy boxed games such as kill team or dark vengeance often want to get rid of them.

Just dont go all Cheesy Giant Anime Robots.

I play a heavily converted Auxiliaries army (humans in Fire Warrior squads, Kroot leading close-range infantry, and soon to be Knarlocs and Imperial Guard walkers converted into Broadsides) which avoids the 'ugh, Tau' most times.

>Just my opinion that GW want to quickly release the 8th as fast as they can so they can simplify the rules and attract more new player for the 40K.
This.

If this was true (implying GW knows how to run a business), Rising Storm would have launched immediately after 8th ed.

Khorne demands the skulls of degenerates.

>implying they wont launch 8th in the middle of it

Genestealer Cults are the best at horde tactics and don't do anything else. They are a sneaky horde.

Chaos Space Marines are bad Space Marines, both fluff and crunch-wise. Strongly consider using the regular SM codex if you are going to play them.

Orks are random and bad, not just because they are random, which makes them worse. Orks do frontal horde instead of sneaky horde, they can also do other stuff, but no matter what, they are bad. They do have a really cheesy tactic involving elites and heavy support, but honestly, if you have to resort to that, it's not even worth playing.

Isn't Rising Storm confirmed to be a 3 part event?

>Chaos Space Marines are bad Space Marines, both fluff and crunch-wise. Strongly consider using the regular SM codex if you are going to play them.
I've heard that CSM is more melee oriented compared to regular SM. How true is that

Hmm im not sure about that a lot of the models are heavily detailed which would scare new players away from painting them but at the same time the releases would also make players feel like they have to buy them to be relevent in the new edition. Releasing them now gives the older players some nice center pieces to their armies and to show them that they still care even if it is kinda badly written

That sounds like some hardcore self-denial

Yes, and they've got further events planned spanning the rest of the year.

You really think they're going to introduce a primarch and go "welp we're done for new, no more 40k releases until 2018!"

Am I alpha enough yet? Would this work at all?

Supposedly Cypher will lay down so much truth that the half of the Chapter will repaint their armors black (led by Azrael) while the other half will remain green (led by Asmodai). I think the majority of the Inner Circle will stay with the Asmodai but I don't recall that part very well.

If that's true then my guess is that the rift will be along the line of "admit to the shit we did and forgive the fallen" on the black side and "deny everything and kill the fallen" on the green side.

>welp we're done for new, no more 40k releases until 2018!
No, but "rising storm" is over and now the release schedule is going to slow back down to normal.

Cult infiltration rules seem cool, and the models are real nice. How competitive are they?

why is it that fags assume everybody is mentally ill just like them?

i dont see skitzsos running around accusing doctors who diagnose them of being skitzsos themselves.

>Strongly consider using the regular SM codex if you are going to play them.

You do know that Traitor Legions gave some major buffs to a lot of different Legions, right?

Emperors Children, Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Death Guard, and Black Legion all got MAJOR buffs that have made them significantly more competitive than they previously were. While they're not Top 3, they're definitely more than playable now.

That's because doctors are medical professionals and gays in denial, funny manlet veeps and other such cases aren't.

>How competitive are they
not very, but they aren't complete shit
Better than Orks and CSM, but they're no match for the big 3

GSC are a hard counter to the typical Eldar WAAClist and only fall down against Tau because of widespread Interceptor. They are competitive by way of being a foil to the established meta.