Will Magnus Be A Good Guy Again?

I was analyzing pic related. So, Roboute Guilliman appears to be leading a combined force of:
>Ultramarines
>Inquisitor and Grey Knights
>Cypher and some Fallen

... against some Rubric Marines of the Thousand Sons. Does this mean Magnus will return to the Imperium? Hear me out;

What reason does Guilliman have to be leading CYPHER, his own marines, and the INQUISITION on an assault of some Thousand Sons controlled planet? The Inquisition has the ability to "forgive" heretics if they are deemed worthy, and allow them to join the Imperium. Cypher's had his fingers in just about every damn thing, so he could be pulling the strings here. What if Guilliman, at the request of Cypher, and with a force of Grey Knights to back him up and purify Magnus, is attempting to bring his brother back?

Not only would Magnus be a powerful ally (the most powerful living psyker by far, in addition to being a PRIMARCH) but it would even out the numbers somewhat. There are more traitor primarchs than there are loyalists right now, even assuming all the "missing" primarchs are alive. At least from a business perspective, having an even number of loyalists and traitors would make for a better setting, instead of it being skewed in one direction. This means a traitor needs to return to the Imperium.

Not only that - but Magnus recently got a demon primarch model... in PLASTIC. He's the only modeled primarch to not be given a high-quality resin model - why? Because they knew they were going to soon make a 40k non-demon resin model, and didn't want to lose money making multiple resin lines for him.

And, while this may be even MORE anecdotal than all of that - Magnus' character is based of The Tempest's character Prospero. Long story short, partly thanks to a character named CALIBAN, Prospero throws his magic sorcery book into the sea and vows to forgive his enemies and not let pride in his magic blind him again. Will GW use this to inspire a "Magnus returns to the Empire" story arc?

Discuss

Well, if it gets us that much closer to getting TTS to become even slightly canonical...

What do you mean? It IS canon!
Headcanon, at least.

MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG

You do realize that Rowboat is from a time when Cypher was a title and the dangles were black, right? The current dangles also go out of their way to make sure no one knows about the fallen. Girlyman has no reason not to trust him except for the sword on Cyphers back.

I'm pretty sure the Inquisition tagging along with Rowboat would tell him all that.

it's the thousand sons that are attacking the ultramarines.
GW doesn't make things in resin anymore, even roboute will be in plastic; it's FW that has done the horus heresy version of the primarchs, all in resin, and magnus resin sculpt has already been spotted.

not only the idea of the grey knights purifying a daemon is stupid, a daemon primarch at that, but thinking that GW would throw in the bin such an investment like magnus plastic model's moulds after a few months or a year or their production is ridiculous.

Magnus had only one fucking, passive job and he utterly failed at that.
He doesn't deserve the thousand sons nor prospero and both his design and nemesis legion being laughing stock doesn't come close to the karmic bullying he shoud receive.

>and magnus resin sculpt has already been spotted.
Source?

hmmm literally all over internet ?

And by that I literally mean, EVERY. RUMOR. WEBSITE. IN. EXISTENCE.

When I google "magnus the red forgeworld horus heresy" it only shows old shit and the daemon primarch version.

Magnus was never a good guy

Yeah I can't find this either. Are we just retarded?

>Magnus
>Not bishonen as fuck
Thas not a Mangus, this a Mangus

looks like crap.

You too.

I'm glad he doesn't have a stupid monkey face like the 40k version and the new girlyman.

Jesus, why don't FW hire better painters?

Personally I think Perturabo has a equal or better chance of returning to the Imperium then Magnus.

you dont even know how I look like user. The miniature and paintjob are hideous.

You don't even know how the full miniature looks with a proper paintjob.

Hypocrite.

>Hypocrite.
literally why and how? only cause you fee fees got hurt? fucking pathetic crybaby.

Judging by that picture the miniature looks like shit, magnus face and expression look like turd.
Paint job looks cheap and awful as fuck.

this is not up for debate, it looks like crap.

>Prospero throws his magic sorcery book into the sea and vows to forgive his enemies
>partly thanks to a character named CALIBAN
At this point I have to ask if you've ever read The Tempest.

As a TSons fanboi, anyone who thinks Magnus will become loyal fundamentally misunderstands Magnus the Red. Despite all that happened at Prospero, Nikaea and on Terra, the single reason that Magnus cant be 'loyal' is his personality.

Magnus's brilliance causes hubris and arrogance, and that will always push him to test the limits of what is acceptable and what is not. This is why he had to be censured, this is why he didnt listen to the warning of the Emperor.

Imagine if he came back into the fold. Who would he listen too? For how long would that last? Its not even that Magnus disagrees with Emperor or the Imperium in any fundamental way, its just that he can never see himself as bound by the rules.

What if Magnus learns to curb his arrogance?

>What if Angron learns to not be so mad?
Arrogance is just Magnus's thing. If they changed that it wouldnt BE Magnus. Of course for a little bit maybe it could work, but when left to his own devices he'd push the boundaries until [SUDDENLYDAEMONS]

You are an hypocrite because you said I couldn't judge you without knowing how you look yet you are doing exactly that with a model of which we have only seen a small portion with a mediocre paintjob.

pretty sure Phil Kelly answered this directly in one of the livestreams

Magnus will never be a goodie again

>TSons fanboi
I don't believe it for a second. Magnus was trying to be a bro to the retarded furries who came to his planet and destroyed everything he held dear up until his last seconds. This is the opposite of arrogance.

I don't know what kind of a special person needs Phil Kelly to spell out to him that a fucking Daemon of Tzeentch won't come back to the Imperium.

You want to be the one to go contradict the giant pissed-off dude who's technically a demigod to our church?

But Angron had nails planted into his brain that make only feel joy whilst killing and in a perpetual state of rage. It's not like Magnus has cybernetic implants that make him arrogant.

No, no, he can be a fanboi too.
He's just the kind of fanboi that doesn't need his favorite people to be always right and always winning.
You know...the kind that didn't ruin the game.

MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG

>>Despite all that happened at Prospero, Nikaea and on Terra
Key to this point here user. Talking about the long term effect of Magnus's personality on his 'loyalty'.

Magnus getting fucked over by Horus, Emps, Russ and Valdor is all another matter entirely. Tell me do you beleive MAgnus would listen to the High Lords? Guillimen? Or do you think he'd push for a different policy on psykers? Saying he's learnt his lesson and he understand so much more no. This time he'll get it just right. He fell to Tzeentch for more then just being a psyker remember?

>It's not like Magnus has cybernetic implants that make him arrogant.
Instead its every thing about his that causes that. He's the most unearthy of the the Primarchs. Mortals in his presence were almost out of their mind. He is a one of the miracles of the Galaxy, as were all the Primarchs. But Magnus is second only to the Emperor in psychic potential and he knows it. He was obsessed with progress, of moving mankind forward, of realising humanities psychic potential. This wont change. Or shouldnt. Perhaps Angron was a bad example because of the cause, but I meant it more as how critical it is to his character.

Actually, Guilliman would probably be amongst the people Magnus would listen to. He sent a librarian to defend Magnus at Nikaea and was the one to override the retarded edict.

Why do diorama makers think it looks good to cram models together like this? It looks retarded and unbelievable.

>Guilliman would probably be amongst the people Magnus would listen to.
Listen to, yes. Follow? Perhaps... more likely however he simply 'takes his opinion into account', then does what he wanted to do anyway.

See the insidious thing about Magnus's arrogance is that he knows that others opinions are important. It's why he searched the galaxy for knowledge and texts. Its just when a hard decision needs to be made, and when the rules are holding him back, he knows best and thats all that matters.

>See the insidious thing about Magnus's arrogance is that he knows that others opinions are important. It's why he searched the galaxy for knowledge and texts. Its just when a hard decision needs to be made, and when the rules are holding him back, he knows best and thats all that matters.

Oh so THAT'S why I identify with Magnus so much.
Huh.

What reason does Guilliman have to be leading CYPHER, his own marines, and the INQUISITION on an assault of some Thousand Sons controlled planet?
Something to do with being the gene-forged post-human creation of the fucking Emperor made to walk among the living once more, and seeing the sorry state of affairs said Emperor's human realm has been subjugated to over the course of over 9001 years, I imagine.

We all knew how Cypher would turn out.

>What reason does Guilliman have to be leading CYPHER, his own marines, and the INQUISITION on an assault of some Thousand Sons controlled planet?
This is Macragge. The leaks show that Thousand Sons besieged the Fortress of Hera.

This is Macragge. The leaks show that Thousand Sons besieged the Fortress of Hera.

Well fuck.

>The leaks show that Thousand Sons besieged the Fortress of Hera.
Wait wat. Why?

Probably because Abaddon wanted them to kill Guilliman before he can help the Imperium at large.

>Probably because Abaddon wanted
No.

Why no?
He was obviously very worried about someone at the end of fall of Cadia.

And the TSons care about Abaddon because?

All the Legions back Abaddon.

Magnus wouldnt even see Abaddon user. Dont lie on the internet.

He didn't at one point.
Though Ahriman did, and Ahriman's forces are a sizeable chunk of the Thousand Sons.
Regardless though, at the end of Fenris the Thousand Sons are sighted along with the other Traitors under Abaddon.
So get it right you pleb.

Cos he is mean and naughty.

> at the end of Fenris the Thousand Sons are sighted along with the other Traitors under Abaddon.
No they really arent user. Please go read it again. IT mentions the other Ormiarchs at Cadia not Magnus or the Sons.

Besides if you'd said Ahriman this wouldnt have been a problem, but I guess the lines are blurry. Ahriman had to use up 300 years of debt to get the exiles on to Fenris. They is separate from the TSons, and even then please justify why Ahriman is off following Abaddon's orders instead of getting in the Black Library now that he has Magnus's favour?

Warhammer 40,000 fans really want their happy endings.

>IT mentions the other Ormiarchs at Cadia not Magnus

Magnus is actually the only one explicitly mentioned.

>By that time, Logan Grimnar and his most trusted warriors were long gone. Having received a distress hymnal of paramount urgency from the fortress world of Cadia – one that hinted at the presence of multiple Daemon Primarchs, including Magnus

>Ahriman had to use up 300 years of debt to get the exiles on to Fenris.

Magnus is indebted to Ahriman now. Since Ahriman gave him webway access to Fenris.

>They is separate from the TSons

They are not, they are a faction of the thousand Sons.

>Magnus is actually the only one explicitly mentioned.
>>paramount urgency from the fortress world of Cadia – one that hinted at the presence of multiple Daemon Primarchs, including Magnus

And yet several pages after that we know he's not there, as he and the Sons bring Prospero into real space from Sortiarius. The important thing I think you missed is 'hinted' along with the fact that the astropaths that delivered these messages all go insane.

>Magnus is indebted to Ahriman now.
I dont know why you said this sorry? As in fact I'd already said that.
>>now that he has Magnus's favour?

>are a faction of the thousand Sons.
To a degree obviously. But saying the TSons are doing 'thing' when you mean a TSons warband, isnt the same and leads to confusion.

>And yet several pages after that we know he's not there

No, we know he's not there at that time. And at the time he shows he's not there he once again demonstrates his ability to teleport things a great distance.

>I dont know why you said this sorry?

Basically, Magnus owes Ahriman favours. If Abaddon wanted Magnus to something and could not compel him directly then he would simply get Ahriman to do it for him.

>But saying the TSons are doing 'thing' when you mean a TSons warband, isnt the same and leads to confusion.

Don't be a retard. it would only cause confusion if there were only one Thousand Son. Since the Thousand Sons are a group of people the Thousand Sons can do multiple things at once.

Fucking shit I -
I just -
I'd fit right in with the Thousand Sons. God damn.

Should I not run for president then? Does my self-doubt mean I should?

FUCK.

So a lot like his father, then.

>And at the time he shows he's not there he once again demonstrates his ability to teleport things a great distance.
So you're claiming MAgnus went to Cadia popped his head out the gate, then fucked off to do his own thing? This to you means Magnus and the Sons are under the orders of Abaddon? Ok.

>Basically, Magnus owes Ahriman favours.
So why would he waste that on Abaddons orders and not getting into the the Black Library? Expecting Ahriman to serve anyone faithfully is madness.

>at the end of Fenris the Thousand Sons are sighted along with the other Traitors under Abaddon.
This is vague and unclear. Deal with it. It sounds like you meant all the TSons that were on Fenris.

Yes, very much so. I never thought I'd point to a BL author as an example but this actually says it all quite succinctly.

>So you're claiming MAgnus went to Cadia popped his head out the gate, then fucked off to do his own thing?

More or less. Before we get to Fall of Cadia the fighting around the Cadian gate has already been intense.

>So why would he waste that on Abaddons orders and not getting into the the Black Library?

Because Abaddon is the chosen of the gods, and a more useful ally than Magnus.

>This is vague and unclear. Deal with it.

It's only vague and unclear if you are legitimately retarded. Deal with that.

>you are legitimately retarded.
Later.

>And the TSons care about Abaddon because?

Because he's the Warmaster you retard.

it's a matter of photo composition. If they spaced them out realistically they would either have only a few in frame or be so zoomed out that little to no detail would be visible on the models. That's my guess at an explanation any way