Warhammer 40k General Thread

"Metzen should write for GW" Edition

Previous Thread

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=4cA_VKgWzSQ

> 40k reference in wiki format
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, please ask for it anyway!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Can someone get Gulliman a new copy of the kodex orkstartes, y)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/thetowerofstars/status/826052983565799424
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gulli will start a civil war

>that embed chain
>it's still the same video
6/10 I kek'd.

Any chance we get Sevatar or Talos instead of Curze as a NL character?

We must not break the link, user.

Id see him working on Rogal dorn's story

DO IT user!

and show him TTS, if he already knows it.

>Aeldari
rofl

>TTS
Don't. It's pretty funny if you're a long time fan of 40k but on the surface it has a script that looks like it's written from someone who wrote a script of 40k according to 1d4chan.

Or Honsou for that matter, I just want each of the legions to get a named character model.

I think flyrants make the game slow and boring sue me

>51581729
>look mom I posted it again!

THIS IS A REMINDER

ORKS ARE A MELEE RACE

Two dead night lords instead of one headless primarch?

>orks are a melee race!
>i2

Sevatar is just PRESUMED dead user.

Warhammer armies have always been named in the perceptive of the human. Now gw is changing their name to what the race calls themselves. It's like seraphim, everyone bitches about the name change yet since 2nd edition they called themselves seraphim, it was just the humans who called them lizard men. There is nothing wrong with the name

>"Metzen should write for GW" Edition

Ninth(ish) for 8th Ed Orks: Codex Fallen to Chaos Subedition.

This is the only goddamn way I'll get monstrous creatures in the ork army.

the name couldnt be any gayer, just like the playerbase

LVO Finals. Dark Angels vs Renegades. Who will win?

Seems like lots of things have happened in 40k recently that i've missed. Where's a good place to read up about the Fall of Cadia and the new Biel-Tan stuff?

Why do people like AdMech? They are the lamest faction in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

So, can Skitarii Alphas and Datasmiths that are part of a Grand Convocation or just share an army with Cawl take the Arcana Mechanicum relics?

They should, right?

A Ranger squad with Arquebi or a Dominus' Maniple's 10-man, 3 Plasma Caliver squad with the Memento Mortispex sounds pretty fucking spicy.

it would be nice if he saw the ideas that everyone had here, id love to see his take on the Imperium or chaos

There is chaos orks already but the 4 fuckwits thinks that it is a waste of time

>relentless D
I'm on the DA side win or lose

>The Matt Ward of Warcraft should write for GW
Why not just hire the real Matt Ward back?

Because he is already hired back?

user...

Double negatives maybe?

Metz could maybe unfuck some of the stuff Ward fucked.

I kinda want Slaanesh Orks in pursuit of an excess of Dakka

I got bad news for you.
Ward is back, and he's responsible for the Triumvirate of the Primarch

I agree, it perfectly fits the most homosexual faction in all 40k.

Provide a motherfucking source you memespouting autist.

>most homosexual faction in all 40k
Space Marines?
Nothing on Earth is as homoerotic as the SM fluff from the last 2 editions

I doubt he's responsible for it, but I am happy he is back to work on the greatest of them all.

You really doubt that Ward is responsible for more Ultramarine and Grey Knight wank?

Metzen has been getting worse and worse and worse. The Warcraft lore has been complete shit for the entirety of the current decade. Hell, even his early short stories are crap. What Warcraft needs right now is to escape Metzen's artistic control, the same way Star Wars desperately needed to escape Lucas's.

>SM
>homoerotic
I'd probably find manly men homoerotic too if I was some prissy Aeldari player

Which reminds me
>Aeldari
Top kek.

Not him.

There is no source until we get the WD. In this month's WD, Phil Kelly says he was the one who wrote FoB. That's all we know for now.

Metzen hasn't been working at Blizz for close to a year, and didn't actually write for WoW for years prior.

Did you somehow miss the literal return of the spiritual liege, and his first act, the literal return of the spiritual liege model?

>Matt Ward tweets he's hired by GW again
>month's later pic related

Really makes you think

are there any Blood Angels mains? (is this faction even played on high level?) I cant find anything ultragood about sanguinary guard, i guess they are not worth the price, bunch of death company is much better. Do i missuse them? (charge on face with power fists on everything that is big)

ALSO NOOB QUESTION PLEASE ANSWER:
I look at my librarian in codex, he can get special issue wargear. On pages 105-106 i have the list with no points and there is iron halo. I want to add to him Iron halo but have no price and every roaster builder gives me no such option, does it mean i cant?? why the hell? he can get special issue wargear in the rules

Guys the only thing we know for sure that Ward wrote is the Genestealer codex because he bragged about GW patting him on the back for it on Twitter.

>There is chaos orks already but the 4 fuckwits thinks that it is a waste of time
Imagine ork genestealer cults
Khorne stormboy warbands
Slaanesh Goff Rokk / Moar Dakka warbands
Tzeentch weirdboy parties
Nurgle fungus... uh...

All I want is squiggoths, but the only way to get those is for someone to accidentally add something else into the codex so I can counts-as.

metzen never touch WoW lore since wrath

most of the stupid that went with wow in cata and onward came from the other guy who left during WoD

Like the RBG model was instigated by Ward in that time? Seriously.

How do we get Andy Chambers back so the nids aren't an npc spam-your-hq-to-be-viable army?

In the digital codex at least, an iron halo isn't part of the special issue wargear.

>sees chris metzen Voicing Guilliman on the Gathering storm part 3 Preview

really this needs to happen!

The iron halo its only for captain

Yes? I know how long it takes for these things to move from design to product.

You're looking at the wrong section. The blood angels wargear list is what you want. Specifically,

Special Issue Wargear

A model may take up to one of each of the following:
- Auspex…5 pts
- Melta bombs…5 pts
- Digital weapons…10 pts
- Teleport homer…10 pts
- Jump pack 3, 4, 5…15 pts
- Space Marine bike 3, 4…20 pts

I'd like that, but mark strong would be a better guilliman by an order of magnitude

Do it user!

Sure. Any Imperial char that can use relics can use them.

Knight Command Pask with Memento Mortispex.

Knight commander pask can take relics?

So my friend is getting into Tyranids. Specifically, swarmy horde Tyranids.

He's already planning on lots of haunts with a Tervigon, though he is worried about the monetary cost. This is after another of our friends offered to order it from China for him.

Any advice I can give him to help trim it down or at least justify the price?

pleaseee can someone upload the white dwarf from february or link a mirror? im dying here finding a source its not in the mega

Hold on.

>Lord Baron Imperial Knight with Blade of the Worthy or Omnissiah's Grace or Memento Mortispex

Doesn't specify that they can't be walkers and the Heirlooms specifically say they are relics.
Granted, Blade of the Worthy would just be silly to use but it should be possible.

Tank Commanders can take that one from Cadia list. Its a bit of a loophole but by RAW it goes.

The combo is not even THAT good, its not going to make or brake IG.

That works too. Shame you cant do it with Tripartiate Lance. That would be downright nasty.

mark would be great as Rogal Dorn

Could also do some real fucking nasty shit with the Exalted Court. Just take a Dominus Maniple with Cawl (or Holy Requisitioner if you can spare the points) and then deck your shit out with the much cheaper Mechanicum stuff.

>Rise of the Primarch II: The Wrath of Khan
W H E N ?
H
E
N
?

Every one of them could take relics? Well thats just downright nasty.

he would, but guilliman is literally blond titus

When do you think will see his rules? I'm still waiting for the avatar of yneead's rules.

Yeah, every model counts as a Character and all can take Heirlooms, which WOULD normally be too expensive to give to everyone but a 10 point 3++ save is always affordable.

Good fucking thing it's impossible to get a Knight character in an Oathsworn Detachment. That would be absolutely fucking disgusting in a War Convo.

Would buying a Start Collecting Eldar and a Start Collecting Dark Eldar make an okay beginner force?

I am interested in Eldar but can't decide which to play.

Alternatively which xeno (START PLAYING) box is the best other than Tau which I am just not interested in doing atm.

Never

Why is it that if you pause a Dunc video at literally any point in time you're guaranteed a hilarious face?

>Would buying a Start Collecting Eldar and a Start Collecting Dark Eldar make an okay beginner force?
Kind of. You're probably better off focusing on one of the X-eldar forces to start, though.

both eldar Start Collecting! boxes are solid initial purchases

So at this rate I guess we're not getting the combined Admech codex until after 8th edition.

Nope
mobile.twitter.com/thetowerofstars/status/826052983565799424

I really enjoy renegades, but the guy's playing a complete, 100% WAAC-fag tier list, with no fluff on it at all. I know it's a tournament, but it's disheartening to see.

That said, I can't find the DA player's list, but i'll give him my vote just for the name.

If you could have any author living or dead write a 40k novel, who would it be?

I want to see
>cormac mccarthy's minimalist portrayal of anton chaos marine chase a rogue inquisitor across the desert planes of a sparely populated dead world

A kind user gave me the list in the last thread so here you

Lion's Blade
>Azrael
>Company Master - Term Armor, S. Bolter, Chainfist
>Chaplain - Bike, Melt Bombs
>2x 5x Tac. Marines - Melta, Combi Melta, Drop Pod
>2x 5x Tac. Marines - Melta, Razorback TLHB
>2x 5x Tac. Marines - Melta Bombs, Razorback TLHB
>5x Assault Marines - Flamer, Razorback TLHB
>5x Assault Marines - 2 Flamers, Drop Pod
>2x 5x Dev. Marines - 1 Grav, Rhino
>Dread - TLHF, Powerfist/HF, Drop Pod
>5x Scouts

>Munistorum Priest - Litanies of Faith

>40x Fenrisian Wolves (4 units of 10 combined to 1 unit)

Though what I don't understand is how he has both the wolves and the priest? I thought allied detachments had to be from the same dex. Unless you can unbound allies?

Why does nobody seem to run heavy weapons in their tac squads anymore?

>Priest is his own detachment
>Wolves are their own detachment
>ITC limit is 3 detachments/formations maximum
It checks out.

Do any of the CSM supplements allow you to run a maximum MEQ list with bonuses? Basically I want an army with power armor everywhere

>csm troops
>cult troops
>raptors
>havocs
>chosen

etc.

Tfw I like both and cant decide.

What does Veeky Forums think of 40k themed yaoi/boys love?

Ah, thanks user. Boy, with these two lists matching up this game is gonna be decided end of t2.

As for the allies, they're both seperate detachments.

Literally any supplement lets you do that, Death Guard in particular. Just don't be Alpha Legion.

The easiest way is Chaos Warband from Traitor Legions which is basically a Chaos Demi-Company.

Dark Eldar

Ah right, cheers lads

gay

Why would you if you can take devs instead.

>Literally any supplement lets you do that

Yeah but I meant with bonuses for doing so.

Dark Eldar for sure.

Take any of the Traitor's Legion armies, except Alpha Legion. Their bonuses are for cultists.

What about for people like Salamanders where yu could take a MM and Melta with twinlink and combi melta in same squad of 10.

Decimus, confirmed Prophet of the 8th, the one to unite a Legion, the light in the darkness, the bringer of the future.

Why though.

I really like the new Dark Eldar miniture line. But I also love eldar Wraith stuff and bikes. Farseers are also neat.

So I've heard on the grapevine Omegeon is making a return. Obviously the first question is, what impact will [s]Alpharius'[/s] return have?

It's still 4 dudes babysitting a single heavy weapon.

no one?

Has there been enough new lore revealed to know what Eldar units will have the red color scheme? Im not sure if I want to paint my DE in the new red and repaint all my biel-tan red, or just do my DE in Biel-tan colors

You could just get that new fuck huge starter with both factions.