HOW TO KILL A WIZARD

How do you kill an epic level wizard run by an extremely competent player.

Anti magic fields wont work because he has feats that let him cast dimension door to just blink out of it.

He has a plethora of save or die spells and were a little too scared to try and just rush him down in combat.

Any ideas Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

sageadvice.eu/2016/09/17/if-i-cast-simulacrum-my-duplicate-lack-of-7th-spell-slot-that-i-used-to-create-him/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What system has a feat that lets you use obvious magic in an anti-magic field?

Extraordinary Spell Aim (Complete Adventurer) lets you create a gap in the AMF, as do Mastery of Shaping (Archmage special, SRD) and Sculpt Spell metamagic (Complete Arcane).

The Initiate of Mystra feat (PGtF) lets you cast in an AMF on a successful opposed CL check.

Point out that we're not playing D&D, and tell him that his old beardy guy just ate a shotgun slug.

>How do you kill an epic level wizard run by an extremely competent player.

Get a higher or equal level Wizard run by an even more competent player, or by the DM so you can just plot armor.

Barring that, you don't.

Paladins, preferably ones with a god of magic or anti magic, so it'd help give him protection against spells.

Why play a system where people become invincible if you don't want to deal with invincible people?

And the suit of armor has a small anti magic field on it, as does the sword and shield

because our DM refuses to play anything but 3.5e and no one else will DM

What if I stack initiative so I always go first and cast some kind of save or suck spell, and then blink out into the ethereal plane? Odds are hes going to pass with a massive WILL score, but I am relatively safe from spells on the ethereal plane right? or will the wizard just blink in there with me and one shot me?

So you've got an entire table full of faggots, huh?

Does your DM want the wizard dead? And how open is he to setting up events that are unorthodox?

probably very? What do you have in mind?

Hubris

Ask him if you could hire a group of wizards, each able to one of the spells that prevent magical travel (Dimensional Lock, Suppression Field, ect.) Then have them hang out outside the radius of the AMF.

Then call the wizard out in a way that he comes to fight you in person at the location you've set up rather than just trying to Fireball you from the sky. If your GM really wants the guy dead, he should be lenient enough that he will allow the magic going on completely around the AMF (you may have to dig some tunnels and towers to get 360 coverage) To act as a barrier, meaning the guy is stuck unless he physically walks outside of the AMF.

Which, if you let a wizard without magic do, your martials need to commit sudoku. Set up physical traps in the area you have to, but he can't just walk through.

You have entered into an arms race with a powergamer.

If you are the DM, the correct response is to not do that. Alternatively, stop playing the game.

If you are another player, you have initiated PvP. Never initiate PvP, ESPECIALLY in D&D.

Basically you fucked up. The only way to win is to have another, better wizard in the hands of a more competent player, or a team full of equivalent wizards.

A plucky farmboy with plot armor thick enough to tank a planet-buster, a quirky group of travel buddies and a prophesy for good measure. Throw in a legendary sword and your epic level wizard is as good as dead.

Poison him either short-term or long-term.
Assassinate him in his sleep (And for god's sake, poison the dagger before you do it).
Destroy his spellbook and casting focus.
Send Golems after the wizard. Plural, and make sure that escape is not an option either via hostage or a well-constructed trap.

The wizard fails a power check, gets swallowed by the mists of Ravenloft, the end.

How do you defeat any enemy that is more powerful than you?
Bring him down to your level.
Go after his spell books, his tower, his reagents. Use anti-scrying gear to remain undetected and force him to try to find you through mundane things. Harass him so he cannot sleep and thus recover spell slots.Plant false information incriminating his allies as the jerks doing this.

Once he is worn down enough you can kill him.

Anything that reduces stats will do well against him. Target his lowest stat and get it to zero to absolutely assrape him. Or reduce his casting stat if you're worried about the save-or-die shit too much.

why do you want to kill the wizard?

>Once he is worn down enough you may give him permission to die

Mask, die, big guy, etc.

Why kill him when you can help him break the game instead. Tell him about how he can use epic spells to summon celestials, and then use those celestials to help him summon progressively greater numbers of celestials until he can easily exceed any epic spellcasting DC. Once the game is completely and utterly broken you can start a newer, hopefully less retarded game.

If you aren't the GM, why are you killing a high level wizard run by another player?

This guy knows wtf is up. In any event that you can't use magic to defeat magic, then get a rogue/assassin type.

This wizard is a person too, like your players. He has goals and motivations, and without a doubt, at least one thing or person he cares about. Find that weakness, and exploit it. Force his hand in some way. Find a way to attack him indirectly.

This idea might not be that effective for the OP, as I misread and they are a player. However...

How effective would a massive swarm of weaponized stirge wights be against such a wizard?

Tripple sixes confirm you are actually posting from Hell.

All that's going to do is force him to scry your mind and glass whatever small town you grew up in before sending a extra-planar being to your location to murder you and safely transport their loved ones to his demi-plane.

Don't fuck with wizards man.

To be fair, it sounds like Hell.

there's magic items for that. He isn't omniscient, so if you don't give him reason to suspect you until it's too late, it can be pulled off. Just channel your inner Batman and prepare well enough.

>Don't fuck with wizards man.
Agreed, don't fuck with them, just fuck them.

Even if you pulled it off, you'll just remove the last thing keeping him from glassing the entire plane, which last I checked, not a good place to be.

This is also assuming THAT GUY even bothered to come up with a past that could be exploited rather than rolling up a nameless, friendless orphan like every other murderhobo in existence.

he has an stroke while eating his breakfast

>never initiate pvp

But I like pvp games. Just not pvp rpgs.

>The only way to win is escalate

The only way to win is walk away.

>Even if you pulled it off, you'll just remove the last thing keeping him from glassing the entire plane, which last I checked, not a good place to be.
Wtf are you talking about? I didn't say "destroy what he loves most", I said "exploit it". You really don't know how to think outside the box beyond murderhoboing yourself, do you? "Pulling it off" in this case would be successfully killing him.

>This is also assuming THAT GUY
Yes, you are. OP didn't say or imply it was a THAT GUY. You're just jumping to conclusions on multiple fronts now.

Nothing short of the threat of death of a loved one is going to cause a wizard to leave their inner sanctum to confront a bunch of lowlives who are worth less than their weight in copper pieces.

I mean, why would he even be worried if you did steal someone they cared about? They could just as easily raise them as undead, use wish to undo the damage, cut deals with demons, convert them into intelligent undead, the sky's the limits when you're at a point where reality is merely a suggestion for the plebs who don't understand cosmic power.

And I assume that the level 20 wizard is THAT GUY or at least a power gamer because that's generally who bothers playing 3rd edition nowadays besides furries and SJWs. Not to say that everyone who still plays is any of those things but they're certainly a minority.

Golems have Magic Immunity in 3.5, and they're difficult to damage in melee. A clay golem can deal damage that is incapable of being healed without passing a difficult check, but in turn it has susceptibility to certain spells. Stone golems are capable of being returned to full health by casting transmute mud to rock, but in turn is susceptible to a few spells as well.
Now, if you can scale up to getting a Collosus instead of/alongside them, that would be even better. A collossus is basically a walking dildo designed to be shoved firmly up wizard asses.

3.5e?
Damn, otherwise I had a perfect PF Kensai magus frostbite build that would've wrecked his shit six ways from sunday.
Or a Zen Archer Quiggong Monk that'd also wreck his shit.

Can't remember that much out of 3.5 that you could break to the point of Pathfinder except for CoDzilla and another wizard.

Learn the counterspell rules, it maybe you're only hope!

>Nothing short of the threat of death of a loved one is going to cause a wizard to leave their inner sanctum
See, just making more assumptions. The OP said it's a player. Why would he just spend the entire game in some fortress? He's going to be out doing shit at some point or another. You're also assuming it has to be a person. It could very easily be an important magic item, or his spellbook like another user suggested. You're also overlooking the other strategies that have already been pointing out.

>And I assume...
You seem to be doing a lot of that. I'll make an assumption myself, then, and assume that you've never successfully killed a powerful wizard yourself, have you?

Wizards aren't invincible gods, no matter how well played, they have weaknesses and restrictions just like everyone else. Their large selection of smalls is also limited by the fact that they can still only do so much in a single combat round, which is why you have redundancies in preparation, so he's forced to choose to address only one of two potential obstacles, for instance.

In OP's case, the main worry is his ability to dimension door out of anti-magic fields. What do you think would happen if you caught him in an area with limited space, such as inside a cave or dungeon? That long range of DD is now limited to that space unless he wants to step out straight into solid rock and suffocate. Set up ahead of time so the room area will have a very small area to go to outside of an antimagic field, then fill that small area with several redundancies of traps with poison.

You also seem to be set in thinking that the only way to lure him out is to take or threaten something he cares about and already has, but what about enticing him with something he cares about but DOESN'T have? Say he catches wind of a powerful magic item that would be perfect for helping him craft more powerful and customized epic spells, and it can only be found in a certain cave or dungeon.

I mean, the wizard can just set a contingency to Power Word: Kill or Disintegrate whomever throws a counterspell on him. Or any number of ridiculous spells.

So in the turn he casts a spell, someone counterspells him, so he casts ANOTHER spell so fast that it kills the one countering in time to not have the first spell countered? Even assuming he does this with some meta-magic fuckery, what if there's more than one there to counter? Or what if someone's ready to counterspell the Power word or disintegrate? Or have defenses set up for offensive spells ahead of time?

>What do you think would happen if you caught him in an area with limited space, such as inside a cave or dungeon?
Teleport
>Say he catches wind of a powerful magic item that would be perfect for helping him craft more powerful and customized epic spells, and it can only be found in a certain cave or dungeon.
>It could very easily be an important magic item
A level 20 wizard can already PRODUCE those magic items whenever they want. Sure, it'll cost some EXP but at that point EXP is just as meaningless as gold.
>his spellbook like another user suggested.
No wizard worth their salt is going to have only one copy of their spellbooks, especially not in a place where someone could steal it from them whenever they want.

Really, all this is assuming that the wizard player gives a fuck or is played by an absolute retard.

Contingency triggers immediately as the triggers are met, which means that counterspelling a contingencied spell would be akin to catching fucking light with your fingers.

But sure, if you have a mass-wizard army, he can just set contingency to teleport 6 miles away and Scry-Cloud Kill half the continent, the one you're on.

Or he could just set a meeting in a room with every square inch covered in Glyph of Wardings loaded with high level Fireballs so that you'll take 20k+ damage with the right keyword.

Or just teleport in, contingency set to true polymorph into a CR20 golem and pound the casters into paste.

>Teleport
Takes time unless he's got it prepared with metamagic, and he'll still have to us the DD ability to get out of the antimagic field first (and into the traps) before he can even attempt it.
>A level 20 wizard can already PRODUCE those magic items whenever they want.
They can only produce whatever it is they can cast spells for, that's why you entice them with something they don't already have. It doesn't even have to exist, you just need him to believe it does.

You seem to be under the assumption that "competent" translates to "perfect". No one can account very every single possibility and scenario and be prepared for it all the time. It's just not possible.

But go ahead, keep thinking that wizards are perfect, invincible, godly beings that can never be killed. Not my fault you never bothered with strategy beyond spell combos.

>They can only produce whatever it is they can cast spells for, that's why you entice them with something they don't already have. It doesn't even have to exist, you just need him to believe it does.
Why exactly would a being with over 20 INT bother falling for something like that?
>"Hmm, I can already create epic level gear in the time it takes most people to make coffee but I better leave my save little demi-plane to chase after something that might not be a trap made by my enemies."
I'm just saying man, for someone who accuses me of assumptions, you sure are making a lot of them in coming up with ways to gank the level 20 wizard.

Why are you trying to off this guy?

Realistically, even if you managed by some miraculous way to convince him that it isn't a trap, he'd just send a clone.
Once you ambush the clone, he'll just Maze you for eternity.

Unless you have another caster or an item with quickened counterspell. Seeing as how you can only have one contingency on at a time, once you take care of that one, then it's one less option available to him. There's also plenty of ways to prevent teleportation. Dimensional Anchor, Otiluke's suppressing field, and zone of respite, for example.
>Why exactly would a being with over 20 INT bother falling for something like that?
because playing a character with 20 INT automatically makes that player just as smart?
>I'm just saying man, for someone who accuses me of assumptions, you sure are making a lot of them in coming up with ways to gank the level 20 wizard.
>I'm just saying man, for someone who accuses me of assumptions, you sure are making a lot of them in coming up with ways to gank the level 20 wizard.
I haven't a single damn assumption, I've been coming up with OPTIONS. You're the one automatically assuming that every one of those will already be accounted for, and assuming that the wizard absolutely flawlessly in all respects, have the exact spells prepared for any single set of circumstances, and will always know what's going to happen ahead of time, because bluff totally isn't a thing, right? Surely a rogue or assassin with comparable INT couldn't outsmart the mighty and powerful god-wizard under any circumstance.

If you're patient go the long game.

Every day this guy has to set up his contingencies and precautions. See if you can't occasionally throw something extremely strange but not likely lethal at him. His paranoia will cause him to spend even more time preparing to protect himself and make him even more concerned about his life.

This is good. Feed that paranoia. It will grow from the small seed in the heart of every wizard into a twisted oak of fear that lives in the heart of every high level wizard. Eventually it will become so great he will lock himself in his tower and only act remotely. When he learns the limits of this, he will seek Godhood, as is standard to wizard psychology.

Once he goes off and tries to be a God, you're all good. Either the current Gods will kill him first or he'll be busy with God stuff for the rest of eternity. You can go back to waving a sword around enjoying having enough strength to carry two Amazon princesses and enough constitution to keep them satisfied all night.

How I did this last time in pathfinder was the following:
>mythic ranger
>using a combination of mythic powers and feats you can do a super snipe that auto threatens/confirms a crit from another solar system if they're on the prime or 100 trillion miles away on one of the infinite planes
>you can destroy your identity so the wizard literally is incapable of knowing who you are before the attack occurs
>you can through items and the like make a shot that pierces all magic defenses

Then you wait for him to leave his demiplane using wish to locate him and going to the plane he is on, finding him instantly using mythic powers and sniping him for 4x his HP.

Have your murderhobo dual wield rods of cancellaion and use them to beat the living crap out of the wizard's wards, then the wizard.

Everyone who can use a wand, buy a wand of feeblemind and pour it on eventually the wizard will be reduced to a drooling incontinent husk.

>because playing a character with 20 INT automatically makes that player just as smart?
It'd certainly raise some eyebrows if the guy who has 20+ INT falls for something that even an idiot could see is a trap.
>I haven't a single damn assumption, I've been coming up with OPTIONS.
Which only work on the assumption that the person playing the level 20 wizard is either an idiot or doesn't know how to actually play the game.

good luck I'm behind 7 clones

Don't even need that if you've got the option to port over Monk from Pathfinder.

Hitting the wizard with a stun that he has to roll 28 on a d20 to save against and then hit him with flurries and about 340 coup-de-grace vital strike arrows leaving him at a cool negative sixteen thousand hitpoints, or something around those lines.

Along with having 41 perception, 53 AC, Fort +24, Ref +27, Will +30, spell resistance 30 and a flight speed of 90 feet per round. Oh and a CMD of 67.

Of course this is min-maxed to shit, but if you're going overkill, this is pretty overkill.

Conan would get assraped by a level 20 wizard who knows what he's doing.

Also, it's kinda hard to feed into paranoia when you have spells that allow you to see into the future.

>It'd certainly raise some eyebrows if the guy who has 20+ INT falls for something that even an idiot could see is a trap.
Once again, there's this little skill called "Bluff". And if you are the type that thinks every single dungeon crawl is a trap set just for you by the other players, then I'm sure you're just a BLAST to play with.
>Deception, planning, and traps only work on idiots
An idiot wizard would be a simple as walking up behind him and start stabbing him in the back with poisoned weapons. The planning would be BECAUSE he's competent. Once again, competent doesn't = omniscient and omnipotent. He can only have so many spell slots in a day, and they are all prepared ahead of time, so once things get rolling, he has to work with what he's got. If he's a player, then the others would obviously be aware of how he plays it, what schools are preferred, what tactics he likes to use, and can prepare for that in any number of ways. Too many ways to account for them all.

I played a Changeling Lich in 4e, focused on damage/control and had the like dice roll prediction stuff for ensuring hits of spells

I built up an army of wizard revenants using animate dead and had a mountain fortress to protect my phylactery and body copies of my allies with resurrection scrolls/gear

had a level 30+ magic circle in place as well with my min maxxed arcana

What yall niggas got?

>What yall niggas got?
A good system.

It was fun, what more do you need?

dont even bother, the wizard fanboys will always argue from the impossible scenario of the wiz always having multiple copies of every single spell prepared with multiple metas despite being impossible, and of course they always know whats going to happen ahead of time and be perfect prepared because WIZARDS ARE TEH BESTEST

The old daidoji bodyguard class (sometimes hybrid) in 3rd could slay a wizard because of its ridiculously high saving throws, mres at epic levels, improved mettle and improved reflexes. From there, you just needed to dimensional anchor the fucker and proceed to haste slash him to the death. But then again, that motha could kill everything, so what's the point.

Traditionally there's always a very smart rogue that knows 201 ways to slay a caster and the fact that they don't contingency protect themselves against everything. Epic hiding can also be aided by magical objects, traps can still kill anyone not careful enough, not to speak of natural or unnatural hazards which are undetectable and unbeatable by generic spells (unlike most traps), poison can be delivered even when out of proximity by a plethora of mechanisms, and not every poison is obvious or detectable by magic.

Other casters are also a great choice, a sufficiently buffed cleric is fearsome to behold, and a psion can directly "cheat" by killing the wizard attacking with roundabout methods, render him unable to cast spells, or just wrangle a psychic parasite on them (and watch hilariously as they can't into fortitude or breath for their lives).

And then the old school tactic, let the wizard run out of spells in a sanctum or even treasure vault (can't teleport or dimension door) and use overwhelming numbers against him. Interrupt casting or just throw bodies at the wizard.

Now, there are people who are going to discuss all of these points and grab to some small ledge to try and make the whole post invalid, I'm beyond caring about that (herrings ain't food for me anyway), but you get my meaning. The power of the wizard is to be the ultimate batman class, the most prepared and cautious a player is, the more awesome rewards for them; but even then batman is still a human. There's something he couldn't possibly have anticipated, this kills the wizard and all that.

It was mainly just a joke, couldn't leave it hanging since it was set up so well for me to take a crack at it.

Never really played 4e, went from PF to 5e but I'm glad you enjoyed it user.

>Anti magic fields wont work because he has feats that let him cast dimension door to just blink out of it.
There is no such feat.

>He has a plethora of save or die spells and were a little too scared to try and just rush him down in combat.
Ring of spell turning.

It's too bad changelings suck in 5e, the stat bonuses are just super weak

Why would you need multiple copies of every spell prepared on a single person when you've got infinite simulacrums?
You've effectively got infinite spells, just not on a single entity.

>Once again, there's this little skill called "Bluff".
Zone of Truth
>inb4"but I'm not actually there with him"
then how are you using bluff?
>An idiot wizard would be a simple as...
There's them wacky assumptions again.

Why does this autistic user assume that the wizard player would distrust his allies so much that he constantly spies on them and doublechecks everything they tell him

Nigga stop reaching haha

You've never read the riles for a simulacrum before.
Or maybe you're just really really bad at reading.

Make a simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum, simulacrum casts simulacrum.

Repeat this as many times as necessary.

"If YOU cast this spell again, any currently active duplicates YOU Created with this spell are instantly destroyed."
Apparently it is you who cannot read, dear user.

>Zone of Truth
because that's always going to be up around the wizard all the time, and all interaction with him HAS to be face to face. And of course it's not like you can't wear a magic item to counter that, or convince an intermediary to actually believe it.
Fuck your inb4, I just answered that.
>There's them wacky assumptions again.
No, that's not an assumption. An idiot playing a wizard is that simple. Of course in your mind, the most idiot of wizards take insane levels of prep to kill, while even moderately competent ones are just out the window impossible? You've obviously never gone against many wizards, or if you did, it was only with your own so you can still say wizards the the best. Gods forbid you ever find yourself in a game where you actually need to use strategy and planning for anything.

What are you quoting?
I'm looking at the spell description, and this isn't in it.

could also have someone else use mind altering magic to make you believe it, too. had a sorc in one of my campaigns do that to deceive the BBEG that he was showing him to where the rest of the party was hiding from him, rather than where they were hiding to ambush him.

I played a rakshasa archmage. He was a hunter and hunted everything in the world. He had a statue of elven princess in the garden of his villa that was actually a real princess turned to stone.

In the end he decided to hunt down some demi-god dragons and kind of failed. Considering that dragons could do magic related to their "portfolio" at will and I still missed my win by only two in game hours it was still a really good track for an archmage.

Also killed more than a hundred thousand elves in the process of hunting down dragons. They were just collateral damage.

3.5 is an easy case - just use shrink item on a lead cone and wear it as a hat. Antimagic field hits you, it unshrinks and covers you with lead, protecting you from the field.

>Ring of spell turning.
Have you ever been hit by conjuration based sonic splashes ? No ? Try out.

I'm quoting the PHB.
"You shape an illusory duplicate of one beast or
humanoid that is within range for the entire casting time of the spell. The duplicate is a creature, partially real and formed from ice or snow, and it can take actions and otherwise be affected as a normal creature. It appears to be the same as the original, but it has half the creature's hit point maximum and is formed without any equipment. Otherwise, the illusion uses all the statistics of the creature it duplicates. The simulacrum is friendly to you and creatures you designate. It obeys your spoken commands, moving and acting in accordance with your wishes and acting on your turn in combat. The simulacrum lacks the ability to learn or become more powerful, so it never
increases its levei or other abilities, nor can it regain expended spell slots. If the simulacrum is damaged, you can repair it in an alchemical laboratory, using rare herbs and minerals worth 100 gp per hit point it regains. The simulacrum
lasts until it drops to 0 hit points, at which point it reverts to snow and melts instantly. If YOU cast this spell again, any currently active duplicates YOU created with this spell are instantly destroyed."

Emphasis on the important parts.
There's a reason why infinite wish factory works within the rules in 5e, simply due to the simulacrum shenanigans.

Evil characters, not even once

>And of course it's not like you can't wear a magic item to counter that
Wouldn't that be detectable by "detect magic" though?
>convince an intermediary to actually believe it.
Whose the intermediary and why exactly would this wizard trust their judgment?
>An idiot playing a wizard is that simple.
There's dem dere assumptions again.
>mind altering magic
Elf

Because non-paranoid wizards don't survive to level 20. They are killed off by other wizards who do have paranoia.

Lead doesn't protect from antimagic.

Nigga a wizard like that user is describing would run out of spell slots in his first waking hour, stop bein a dumb fuck and go to fuckin bed son

Stupid assholes talkin about wizards who cast a billion different spells every time they talk to someone, god damn

Hey now. Evil characters are supposed to lose. It was also part of my agreement with the DM - I play a crafty villain and players get to win against him unless they turn out to be complete retards.

Anyone the wizard talks to could be any manner of shape-shifting monsters hoping to trick them into doing something crazy or suicidal.

You don't get to level 20 by taking chances.

Oh, you're quoting 5e.
You're still entirely wrong though.
Simulacrums do not have class features or the ability to cast spells.
It also specifically says that they can't learn.

Nigga what the fuck did I just say about saying stupid shit? READ nigga, READ.

They don't cast them when there is no need. Paranoid wizards either don't travel in person instead using projections and other stuff or they use short and precisely planned operations where they get ready to kill god on the spot if such a need arises.

The first type will just walk into a trap lose some type of copy and shrug it off. The second will glass the whole area around the trap and bail out. Because shit that they can pull of at 20 level is ridiculous. Things like at will dimension doors and similar shenanigans.

OP was specifically asking about save or die spells, you retard.

If you think it is stupid I would like you to meet my rakshasa archmage. That is exactly what happened to other players in the game. He shapeshifted and that almost got them all killed. Also 100 thousand elves died.

>The duplicate is a creature, partially real and formed from ice or snow, and it can take actions and otherwise be affected as a normal creature. It appears to be the same as the original, but it has half the creature's hit point maximum and is formed without any equipment. Otherwise, the illusion uses all the statistics of the creature it duplicates
>Otherwise, the illusion uses all the statistics of the creature it duplicates.
I mean, you're not the first to have tried to convince yourself that it doesn't be like it is but it do.

Simulacrum wish factory is literally supported by RAW; by how the spells function.
By your words, if it can never learn and never has any spells, why did they add "nor can it regain expended spell slots."
Your entire argument is baseless.

Yeah, I get you
But user is trying to make points about the wizard casting 5+ different spells just when trying to talk to a nigga. THAT is unsustainable. THAT is the kind of dumb shit I'm talking about, you dig?

>makes all sorts of assumptions
>accuse others of doing the same
This is called "projection", you retarded tryhard faggot.

Than he should rethink what he is asking about. A level 20 wizard even without widening his spell selection through scrolls should have at least three different ways to dispose of people.

Bitch nobody gives a shit about your furry donut steel

would explain playing 3.5

But one of their own making. Personally I enjoy both running and playing 3.5, it does quite a few things much better than any other edition of D&D, but if they don't want to play it they could always DM something else themselves.

To even further pound the fact that you were wrong into it;
sageadvice.eu/2016/09/17/if-i-cast-simulacrum-my-duplicate-lack-of-7th-spell-slot-that-i-used-to-create-him/
Devs explaining that not only can simulacrums cast spells, but they can also cast wish.

You're arguing that an illusion gets full class features and spell usage, despite the rules not saying this is so.
Illusions by default cannot do this, so to override that, you need a more specific rule.
No such rule exists.

>By your words, if it can never learn
It says that right in the description
>and never has any spells, why did they add "nor can it regain expended spell slots."
No idea. It's basically a useless sentence fragment without more context.

For example, saying "A fighter cannot regain expended spell slots" does not mean that fighters have spell slots.

Yes I'm being a rules lawyer, but you started it.

You're the one assuming that the wizard player in question is an idiot.

It's not my fault that you can't into arguments sweetie.

>Take me off this thread, please and thank you
That was rude, he wanted a direct confirmation. That cuck.