Warmachine / Hordes General - /wmhg/

It's her game, you just play it edition.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com/#b31b_-0f8D7p7p7p7s7s0d0d7Z8t86
bestcoastpairings.com/r/ekjtk9hf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Magnus was right!

Trollbloods Army - 75 / 75 points

(Gunnbjorn 1) Captain Gunnbjorn [+28]
- Dire Troll Blitzer [16]
- Dire Troll Bomber [19]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Troll Axer [10]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
Trollkin Highwaymen (max) [15]
Trollkin Scouts [10]
Braylen Wanderheart, Trollkin Outlaw [5]
Stone Scribe Chronicler [4]

This is the list I'm going for to have my first 75pt game. Looking forward to trying this out, probably not going to be super competitive but I think I'll be able to win a few games and have some fun.

drop the stone to min and add the ua.

The capacity to remove stealth is very important tool for a gunline that isn't spamming AOEs or Sprays.

Thanks for the advice! I'll probably do that, it seems like the UA is really useful in many regards.

Interested in restarting. I played a lot of cryx during MK 1, and I played Menoth at the beginning of MK 2, I really like the alt ashlynn sculpt. please advise on proceeding.

Anyone have a link to the trollblood book? I want to see the galleries.

So just to make sure I'm understanding the interaction between the Krielstone and warlock.
Suppose I'm playing Ragnor, and I have a Mauler with 4 fury, and a Bouncer with 3.
I can reeve the 4 from the Mauler, immediately give one of the fury to the Krielstone (provided they aren't already full) and then reeve the three from the bouncer.
Is this correct?

No

Alright, I assume I need to reeve before I can start transferring?

If I want to play jackspam as list 1 and MoW spam as list 2

1. How many potatoes Am I?
2. Hamking or ezerkova or karchev? Use whom for MoW spam?

The warlock puts fury onto the krielstone during the warlock's activation.

I like irusk1, irusk2, or kozlov for mow spam

Go for Hamkevich. Do it. Something along these lines.

conflictchamber.com/#b31b_-0f8D7p7p7p7s7s0d0d7Z8t86

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
Theme: Winter Guard Kommand

(Harkevich 1) Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf [+28]
- Destroyer [14]
- Destroyer [14]
- Destroyer [14]
- Kodiak [13]
- Kodiak [13]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [4]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]

Why use 3 destroyers when you could use viktor

>he thinks its for the guns

They shoot more and can hide behind the clouds. Also Reposition.

What do you guys think about this list?

Cygnar - Maddox Storm

Theme: Storm Division
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Major Beth Maddox - WJ: +30
- Brickhouse - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Stormclad - PC: 18

Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8
Stormblade Captain - PC: 0
Stormblade Captain - PC: 0

Field Mechaniks - Crew Chief & 3 Grunts: 3
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20

THEME: Storm Division

Why two Captains instead of Junior/Squire?

This. Bring Junior+Squire. Replace Brickhouse with a good jack. One Stormblade Captain is almost one too many.

Hey Anons. How do the three Cephalyx Monstrosities stack up against each other?

Wrecker > Warden > Subduer

Thanks. Any reason why?

Probably because:

>Wrecker has 2 weapons with the highest power
>Warden has shield guard to protect your squishy caster
>Subduer is basically just for assassinating enemy solos and casters

Don't play mow spam until mow theme gets released.

Hark/B3/Karchev/Malakov2 for jack spam.

All the potatoes.

Why woukf you take Irusk2 for MoW spam? They want a speed buff and he does nothing for them.

I just noticed that for a character beast to get its bond ability, it only needs to BEGIN the game in its bond caster's battlegroup, and needs to not be under your opponent's control. So if Despoiler died and a Feralgeist jumped inside of him, even though Despoiler is basically a solo and has nothing to do with Mordikaar's battlegroup anymore, he'll still poop out Void Spirits because he BEGAN the game with Mordikaar. Top lel.

Cryx got hit with the nerf bat, but still has some outstanding casters (in no particular order: Scaverous, Witch Coven, Denny1, Skarre and Gaspy1 & 3). Their jacks and units are okay, but okay doesn't cut it for very competetive metas, so you will only see Satyxis Raider+UA units and mostly character jacks (the best) or otherwise merc units. Still winning tournaments though because they have some good answers to the meta.
Protectorate is in quite a good spot right now. Lots of different casters are viable and some are probably even overpowered (even though they don't seem to pull through in tournament results, at least if you look at discount games). High Reclaimer brings a lot of infantry, Amon is supposed to be the jack spammer par excellence, Severius2 does some nice things with combined arms, Thyra offers an unusually fast and stealthy approach for the Protectorate, Kreoss1 still does his pop and drop. The rest does okay. Since you've played during mk2 you'll probably want to exchange your Errants for a Unit+UA of Idrians though. Idrians just do more things right now than Errants (hardly a surprise when most special abilities went from the Errant card to the Idrian card).

Seconded and I'd take the Protectorate command book, too. I want to look at the new pictures

Gotcha. Thanks

>Their jacks and units are okay
Sure if you ignore that the Slayer might just be the best warjack in the game.

It's not the best, but certainly one of the most cost-effective.

>B3

A new meme?

Guys I came 4th at my LGS's Steamroller yesterday out of 11 using Skorne. Hexeris1 is a very solid caster.

Seems that this is Tom Guan B2 list and his pairing was Wurmwood :

Baldur2
- Pureblood
- Megalith
Una1
- Storm Raptor
2x Sentry Stones
Shifting Stones
2x Ogrun Bokur
Gobber Chef
Swamp Gobbers

No.

Why not? According to the wording on bonds, it hasn't been severed by the Feralgeist's activity.

>Full unit of 10 guys is £43
>Min unit of 6 guys is £19
>2 guys is £7
These prices man. These PRICES.

Hello guys. I'm fairly new to mini tabletop gaming and I'd like to invest my time and money into Warmachine/Hordes. Been watching videos on youtube and really fancy that skirmish aspect (and free rules, good developer service).
However, I do not know if the game is very popular. Is the community growing?

Thanks in advance

It's like in top 3 or 4 of the best selling games in USA.

You're asking the right question in the wrong place. If you want to know if it's worth getting into you have to know about your local scene. Go to your next LGS and ask there

what?
why not just buy a bunch of 6 guys, it's cheaper desu? you'll get 12

Sell the two extra guys for around 4squigglyLmoneys and you'r even making profit! Or turn them into the UA with greenstuff

extra squiggly monies

Do Warjacks still get extra focus from bonds?

Nope. They do get free focus from being with a Warcaster though.

what do trollbloods play like? are they the "tanky" race?

Mk3 Rule: Power Up, every warjack with a functional cortex in its warcaster’s control range (yes, it is control range now) gains a focus point at the start of the Control Phase. The warcaster can then allocate up to two additional focus points to each warjack in its battlegroup.

I meant as in 4 max focus instead of 3.

´No, only specific jacks can have more than 3 focus (off the top of my head: Deathjack and Avatar of Menoth and I guess every jack controlled by Nemo2)
Bonds also got changed, they are only on character jacks now and give a little (or big) bonus when deployed with the fitting Warcaster (Thorn can channel spells while in melee under any Haley, Hand of Judgment gets boosted ranged attack rolls under any Feora etc)

>Sure if you ignore that the Slayer might just be the best warjack in the game.
Right. Sure. That's why you're seeing so many Slayerspam lists dominating top tables. /sarcasm

The Slayer is fine for what it is, but what people looking in at Cryx from the outside never seem to understand is that is NEEDS to be that cheap to be even a bit compelling. Sure, it's a hard hitting heavy for 10 pts. It's also a massive focus hog and probably the most fragile heavy in the game. These things were 6 points (still very cheap) in Mk2 and they didn't get played AT ALL. There are some good reasons for that - reasons which Power Up and a points discount only go part of the way to solving.

I like that the picture make it looks like Magnus in the background is horrified by the miniature.

Wrecker are the workhorse; Durable, heavy hitting and solid threat-range.

Wardens protect casters and -if the enemy has easy stealth removal- troop leaders, agigators and Overlords. Free ramming is nice, two fists to throw with at POW 12 is too. They're nice for 10 points.

Subduers extend your threat-range to one model by 3". Never run more than one, if at all.

B3 is great at jack spam. Even in Mk2 he was running 3 of them which was unheard of in Khador.

B3 is a lot scarier in theme, because of double horse-taxi.

well its not like they're produced in Britain, and they're not going to get cheaper when you vote to turn your economy into a dumpster fire. I'd suggest moving to America, but I don't think they accept pakis anymore.

>when Delivery system got literal
I need butcher emerging from a russian UPS box to mulch a cygnarian sword kniggas

Bump for Mercs whining about Caine3 being good in Cygnar.

Ah yes I remember back in the 19th century when Britain was the most wealthy and powerful entity on the planet. All on the back of the glorious benevolent EU.

That was so dumb I think parts of my brain died reading it.

Slayers didn't get played because Meme Knights could blow anything else off the table with ease. They got buffed by power up, then got buffed by coming down in point cost by ~16.6%.

>Not being in the EU means your economy is a dumpster fire
Literal cuck mentality.

Ah yes, I remember the 19th century, the last time Britain was ever relevant on the world stage. Did you ask your nanny government permission to post on this site?

That's part of it. And yes, they got buffed... from "completely worthless" all the way up to "situationally useful"... which still isn't enough that other factions should be complaining about them.

Slayers are great. Yeah, losing a system to a few lucky POW 10 shots sucks, but when the Slayer gets into melee (which is pretty easy with a default 10" threat range) is wrecking shit.

Slayers are basically hitting like Warbeasts, with all those initials. And DEF 13 is actually rock solid, especially if you can put it into a cloud or something.

>Yeah, losing a system to a few lucky POW 10 shots sucks
Like nigger it's 10 points just send in another.

Sure. I mean, none of this is news. There's plenty to like about the Slayer, and I think at 10 points it's now in a place where it can be considered a legitimate option, without being overpowered... which should be considered the bullseye, as far as unit design goes.

But for those concerned they're TOO cheap, just look around at local tables, or at reports online - nobody is spamming them, outside of a few cutesy lists, which should tell you everything you need to know.

Exactly what I was trying to get at; The Slayer is just in the right spot imo.

I also think that the Juggernaut is balanced, but the Kodiak is a little too efficient for 13 points.

I think apart from being balanced itself, Cryx has few tools to really make him shine. Sure, there's Gaspy3 as a dedicated jack caster, but I can't really think of another caster who would improve his performance by leaps and bounds.

As a general question: What are your thoughts on the crab jack chassis jacks? They get played even less
Plus a lot of people are probably still stuck in the "Cryx is the infantry faction" mindset

Coven is really good at delivering Jacks; Run your jack into position with Stealth and then Launch it away with Infernal Machine.

Alternatively, put them into clouds and watch your opponents dedicate boosts against a 10 point model with DEF 15.

Yeah, for all of the rage against the Juggernaut, it seems fine to me.

I do run Crusader spam, though, and the Juggernaut looks about what I'd expect a 20% cost increase over a Crusader to look like.

The Marauder, though, is broken.

ConflictAnon, I have a bug to report. Sons of the Tempest has no warjacks to choose. It should have all non-char jacks with ranged attacks, Thunderhead, and then also the bonded char jacks specific to the caster you've chosen.

Dropping the kids off at gymnastics right now, I'll fix it tonight, though.

bestcoastpairings.com/r/ekjtk9hf

Las Vegas Open results. There's no lists. Apparently the only matches Circle lost were mirrors. Before you talk about how good Skorne is, the top Skorne players both managed to avoid playing against Circle. Also this is just the Swiss, I believe there was some kind of playoffs as Trevor Cristensen's Twitter has a photo of the 3rd place trophy.

For anyone interested, Cristensen's 3 Skorne casters were Xerxis1, Zaadesh2, and Rasheth.

The fuck is a sos

You're too good for this world, ConflictAnon

strength of schedule.

Skorne had a good time at CaptainCon, too.

But none of this matters when the metagame is as warped as it is right now. As a Skorne player myself I consider Skorne to be decently equipped at beating Una2 since Zaadesh2's smoke clouds basically make him DEF17 so even with flank the birds will miss, not to mention the Agonizer 1) makes them weaker and 2) has Repulse as an animus. So I'm not surprised Skorne would do above average right now. Though all results are meaningless in the face of Una2.

This thread needs more images.

>Whore Bitch Deneghra

LVO: IG finals, Circle vs Circle. Top 4 of masters 3/4 Circle

Nice game you have there

>"wehh wehh, Hordes is too weak"

Right now the game reminds me an awful lot of Magic about a year ago during what came to be known as Eldrazi WInter. Basically, Wizards released some new cards, and snapped a format called Modern in half with a brand new deck that nothing could even come close to beating anything close to consistently. This deck was like 70% of the metagame. Some other decks bent and warped to try and compete, but nothing was particularly effective. What happened? They just banned one of the deck's key cards, and it came down to safe levels.

At this point PP can't retain face if they don't do anything about what is a blatant and egregious design mistake.

Should be fixed now; thanks for the report.

Did your kids have fun at gymnastics? :3c

Yeah, this is a test for the new design.

Una2 is broken.

They have the choice of letting the competitive game languish until their chosen time of errata release, or actually do something about it.

Yeah, the two in the class are a bit young to do much other than "somewhat guiding bouncing on trampolines", but they enjoy it.

I will, though, brag on my eldest; this is a sketch of his from today.

I have the urge to build an indie metroidvania-style game in this art style. But very little time in the short term; maybe over the summer.

What the hell do you even do? It seems like you have all the time in the world, but there's no way that's true

Man, what was going through Torruk's head when he said
"I want my warjacks to be chicken shaped."

Day job is computer science research; I work in the overlap between software engineering and artificial intelligence, and my core area of investigation is trying to figure out how to train a computer to be able to program itself (or, at least, be able to try to fix buggy code itself). I'm working on my PhD after working as an engineer for 20 years. I also work as a consultant (which pays most of the bills while I'm finishing grad school, since I have a family and a grad student stipend doesn't quite cut it).

So, usually I have very little free time, although due to working primarily in academia, summers are often pretty free (and you might notice that most of the initial development effort on Conflict Chamber was in... late summer, and I've not been able to get many of my longer term goals running since then -- damnit, it's going to have a map-based option for scheduling games at some point...).

At the moment I'm waiting for a long batch of processes (we've got a high-throughput cluster with close to a million processing nodes we use for research) to finish so I can analyze some data, so I'm hanging out here until it gets done.

I haven't had time to put a brush to a model in two months now :/

He wanted them created in the image of the most badass creature in all of creation.

What's the chance of Convergence getting models in their Command book

>The Marauder, though, is broken

Never thought I'd live to see the day some one make that claim.

After crunching the numbers shortly after Mk3 dropped, I came to the conclusion that Marauders were only *slightly* behind Mad Dogs in raw spamming power. I literally told folks around here that if you didn't expect to run into colossals, I'd take Marauders over Mad Dogs in most cases.

The errata deleted Mad Dogs from the game and buffed Marauders so they murder colossals now.

> I think at 10 points it's now in a place where it can be considered a legitimate option

Hordes players wish they even had a 10 point heavy as good as a Slayer and Warmachine players cry how slightly more brittle their insanely point efficient beatstick is.

>10 pt heavy
tfw trolls