Red Kings Thread 2: Vampiric Boogaloo

Last thread: Second thread for the Red Kings, a warband of space vampire pirates with Night Lord Astartes and Xenos mercenaries.

>We're a legion warband with a close connection to some allies
>Said allies are a specific group of fellow renegades
>We're descended from the Night Lords
>We're neutral on the gods by default
>We're also undivided by default
>We're a gang of freedom-loving pirates who love to corroborate with xenos filth
>We also hunger for flesh and probably eat our fair share of it
>We have either a chosen one or a terminator as our figure of legend, who decided to assfuck an entire Eldar craftworld. They're still pissed about this.
>We come from a feral world with no air. I don't know how this works but I like it.
>We use a lot of daemons in our combat doctrine, but we're also still slight terrorist fucks since we're Night Lords AND pirates.
>Our specialty is specialized armor and we're slightly understrength in terms of marines, but we roll with plenty of allies and daemons to recoup our losses
>we actually DO have a lot of marines, they're all just out doing whatever they want since they're pirates.
>we have a particular hatred for another group of renegades. Hey, it's a cutthroat life.

Last thread we began to discuss the capabilities and personality of our leader, the Lord Admiral.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion
1d4chan.org/wiki/Loyalty's_Reward
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was also rolling for our enemies

>Planetary Defense Force: Former defenders of an Imperial world but having realized truths they never considered that have freed them from Imperial rule.
>Unlucky Souls: A World chosen by the will of the Gods to the dismay of whoever lives there.
>Standard conscription: Average or above-average citizens recruited from all levels of society
>Death World: For these people, life was a war before they could speak.
>Jungle: Masters of stealth and inured to disease.
>Mechanized Infantry
>Guerrilla Warfare
>Fanatical: No remorse, no retreat, no fear.
>Exotic Mounts
>For The Homeworld: This regiment's mission is to demonstrate the skill and steel of the homeworld to the Galaxy, woe unto them.
>Regiment Allies: Specific group of Chaos/renegade mortals (renegade/corrupted Lost and the Damned regiments, anti-Imperium rebels, clan of tribals, corrupted mutants, mercenary bands, pirate gangs....etc)

Rolled 89, 10, 12 = 111 (3d100)

All that has to be rolled (Other than THEIR allies) are the Regiment's enemies (Other than the Red Kings), which I shall do so presently.

I'm rolling three times, on the main table, the Imperium table, and the Minor Xenos table so we can pick the most interesting option.

Looks like the Regiment has run afoul of the Imperium, the Adeptus Arbites in particular, and the Tau Empire. Fitting considering the Red Kings former ties to the Tau.

I have two thoughts on our enemies. One, it may be fun to keep in the theme of B Horror, and have these guys be werewolves. Cursed similarly as the Red Kings, they are natural enemies.

Perhaps the Red Kings lived on an asteroid belt around the Jungle Planet and when the Gods cursed the planet they too fell victim, the nature of their virus differing from that of the planet.

Their mounts could be like Fenrisian wolves, brethren too far gone and are now completely animal.

Secondly, it may interesting (and time effective) to have the Red Kings and these guys have a shared ally that is either playing them against eachother or trying to broker peace (or doing one to perpetrate the other).

My vote would be the Chimera Legion, they seem politically deft enough to play too warbands against eachother

Unless of course everyone wants to roll the allies of both warbands to create m

The Chimera Legion, for those not in the know.

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion

Also related

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Loyalty's_Reward

How many ships, of what class, is reasonable for the Red Kings to have?

Oh. Or Werepanthers and go with a South American commando theme. Or Aztec

ooooooh, that I like

So Cuban commie guerilla fighters or Blood Jaguars, Chaos Edition?

And any thoughts on any of this?

I really like the Blood Jaguars aesthetic, and gives a lot of potential for Chaos flavoring

The blood-red creature bent low over its prey, eating quickly and sloppily so as not to give much time to be ambushed

Not quickly enough, as from the brush a red-skinned man leaps with a blood-curdling shriek onto the monster as it feasts

Taken by surprise, the lithe feline attempts to writhe away from the mad-man to little effect

Hardly after it began, its over. The blood-red creature bent low over its prey, eating quickly and sloppily so as not to give much time to be ambushed.

Wielding toothed swords more fit for sawing than cutting, the savage former PDF of the jungle death world of Chutanka have long since fallen prey to the demonic forces that now control the planet

Forsaken by any imperial power, the residents of this world have given up any semblance of reason or civility and have taken up more savage forms of warfare in order to survive the jungle death world-turned demonic jungle

From their fortress ziggurats in the rare clearings of the jungle, the warriors of this world wage a desperate war using all that they can just to survive the even more hellish conditions they are now subjected to

It is good that it was they who are subjected to this fate, for few other peoples in the galaxy could withstand the hell-scape that their jungle has become

I'm leaning more towards commie jungle fighters. The Aztec stuff tends to be overpowering and it ends up being obnoxious like the Space Yiffs.

I get that, but I also think that Aztec jungle warriors fit better into the whole, jungle demon world thing we got going on for these guys

Ya know, what we could do is make them like the Viet Cong, the savage modern day jungle fighter

I'm just not sure how to flavor that

Charlie Vampires?

The dreaded Shar'lei

I'm assuming a large fleet of many different, pilfered ships. Some small, some large, some xenos even.

We could just roll it up, say 1-9 is small number 10-14 is decent number 15-18 is large fleet and 19-20 is fuckhuge fleet

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Alright, looks like our Lord Admiral has himself a pretty respectable fleet to go pillaging with

Won't be so easy for the imperial fleet to get rid of him

Any objections to allying with the Chimeras?

Or shall we roll our allies? Shoot we could even swap allies and enemies if we think it would suit us

A fleet comprised mostly of stolen ships and even the occasional Dark Eldar corsair, this pirate fleet is no small threat, and many sectors and sub-sectors fear this fleet's passing

Perhaps one Tau ship?

How would it keep up with the others? Just by having a warp-drive hard wired into the ship or by heretek?

Or even better, spot welding it to another ship. Or otherwise tethering it to Warp capable ships.

Like a void Chariot

No, we need to go even further

Tethering it to warp-travel-capable creatures, making it almost literally a chariot of unadulterated firepower

I'm guessing that since this isn't a full on chaos fleet, just a piratical one, the ships would have Gellar Fields?

I don't know if that's necessarily Piratical or Vampire-y, while a fun idea. It seems more like something the Chimera Legion would do
At least some of them. The Deldar Corsairs would be able to use the Webway, right?

Maybe in another faction creation thread, perhaps a lost and damned one

Yeah, they can use the webway, not sure if they would let some human use it, even one as powerful and influential as the Lord Admiral

We really need a name for this guy, or something shorter than Lord Admiral

Well for that I think we need to establish the world and history of the Red Kings, so we can kinda crib off a culture like the vast majority of 40k.

But just so we can decide which set of rolls we want to use for allies and enemies, let's roll the other group here. This thread is pretty dead regardless, it's not like it would eat up the post count unreasonably

fair, go at it man

What group are you suggesting we roll?

>We come from a feral world with no air. I don't know how this works but I like it.

This just means the local creatures have to consume the oxygenated blood of other creatures to stay breathing, or perhaps oxygen is localized to large worm-like creatures that are attached to air pockets deep beneath the surface.

Who are we rolling this for? The lost and damned regiment? Our renegades?

Our allies are lost and the damned, same as our enemies. So that table

alright well, roll for core units, 1d100

Rolled 83 (1d100)

Alright these guys are huge fans of artillery, calling in the big guns to soften up and finish off any enemy they encounter

Next roll is specialization, 1d10

Rolled 4 (1d10)

???

Sorry I had to go do something

>Lightning Strike

after the Reich's own heart, then

Stormtrooper Artillerymen? Cool so far

Alright, now for a loyalty rating, how far gone are these crazies?

1d10

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Well I hope this thread isn't dead come morning

Rolled 96 (1d100)

So that would be "Fanatical: No remorse, no retreat, no fear." Rolling for special equipment; we'll also need another 1d100 for Regimental Creed.

bump

Rolled 6 (1d100)

I love that idea

Commandos are Aztec?

*or?