Redpill me on what's new in 40k

Apparently Papa Smurf is awake. Also, Cadia has fallen? What else am I missing? What have I missed?

If they're bringing Primarchs back, where's Sanguinius fit in all this? Something about a reincarnation?

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/explain
knowyourmeme.com/memes/red-pill
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Trazyn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Big Papa is awake.

Cadia got destroyed by Abaddon ramming it with the Blackstone Fortress.

Sanguinias is dead. Stop. Please.

>What else am I missing?
Magnus helped the Imperium with their wolf problem.

>not a monocle
whyyyyy

Here you go champ.

Sanguinius is back in action, currently taking care of Abaddon while everyone else is on the sidelines, cheering him on.

This includes the Chaos Legions.

That would be beautiful.

So, he's become a legit vampire and returned from the dead?

No, he just pretended to be dead this whole time and fooled everyone, thus proving his tactical superiority over lowly wretches such as Guilliman.

>Redpill me

Since you're clearly too retarded to use english language, here's the useful aid.

dictionary.com/browse/explain

It's kind of tl;dr, but this is a pretty solid synopsis of what's been going down.

They made everything worse.

Why do people keep making widescreen threadshots? it's unreadable

fixed

>getting triggered by internet slang
shiggy diggy

Since you're clearly too retarded to pick up on internet jargon, here's a useful aid.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/red-pill

Is the edit at the end real?

Well over half the time reading that I was having goosebumps. That was some bowel-loosening shit.

Stop using it as a synonym for "explain" you fucking retards.

No. I find it funny.

>Is the edit at the end real?
Pic related is from the book.

>Well over half the time reading that I was having goosebumps. That was some bowel-loosening shit.
IMHO It's some of the best fluff GW has put out in years. Recently, they've started promoting the two sequels, which will apparently feature the end of Biel-tan, the rise of Ynnead, the return of Marneus Calgar, Cypher's purpose, and Abaddon's Siege of Terra.

>goes on Veeky Forums
>tells anons to stop using internet slang
Did your parents drop you when you were a baby user?

Who are you quoting?

kek

I'll have to get this series, then.

And who or what could a 'metal giant in a scaled cloak' be? A primarch?

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Trazyn

It's Trazyn, stealing Creed away for his museum.

GW is systematically purging all the grimdark grognards from all their game systems.

Seems like probably the best guess, but how much of a giant is Trazyn, really? And considering that he was a major player in FoC, why not just refer to him by name, like earlier in the book?

I'm still not sure that this isn't a bit of misdirection on GW's part. Have us thinking it's Trazyn because the description's more-or-less a match, and then a later book reveals it was someone completely different.

Welcome to Actionfigurehammer 40,000 totes not Age of Emprah, we swear.

>What else am I missing? What have I missed?
the eldar fucked another slasnesh into being, except this one is "good" this time and is definitely going to kill slaanesh, not just replace it, no sir.

The more I look at this sculpt the more I fucking hate it.

End times 2 electric boogaloo

Just a few pages earlier, he's looking over the Cadian 8th as they're getting overrun and pondering whether or not he should take a souvenir of the battle. It could be someone else, but it's unlikely.

Same. As I said, it looks like an action figure. I'm wondering how GW can go from releasing models as cool as the new Rubric Marines to that overwrought toy in only a few months. They've been very inconsistent quality-wise as of late.

Lol. You're a fucking idiot.

Those proportions make no fucking sense unless pipe cleaner marines are actual canon.

>I'm wondering how GW can go from
the answer is simple: they sculpt in cad, meaning that they sculpt all details on a model as if they were all the same size, zooming and upscaling only at the end, with cool small models and flat large models.

Well, this Slaanesh-like d-g sound like a normal idea at first, but then we can remember Khaine who doesn't look like a faggot at all, despite being an elf War God first and foremost.

Why would Ynnead look like Slaanesh, again?

Shut up, you fool! GW will hear you!

The reason is supposedly that that's just what a god made of dead eldar looks like, and Ynnead and Slaanesh are both that

But Slaanesh wasn't made of dead eldar, but decadent thoughts and emotions of actual living ones. And it looks like that because it's a gawd of sensual pleasure in it's extreme form.

Why would a god of the dead look that slutty and agressively androgynous?

GW has no idea what it's doing.

GW are hacks. It's the answer to most issues you might have with 40K.

That celestine shit is some of the worst garbage i've read. Comparable to goto

YOU shut up, I want them to bring back Second Best Primarch! Vulkan is still the best

Cad is not even the problem. GW is just inconsistent because they are machinegunning out he character kits now.

>Why would Ynnead look like Slaanesh, again?
Because they are siblings, Ynnead now is just a shard of sleeping god, he needs Eldar souls to became the whole and pillars of creation to wake up

Well, if we go by the older renditions of Mk V armour, Marines with bundles of cables for limbs are canon, so...

Yeah, that's definitely part of it. That'd explain why the Magnus kit didn't seem very interesting beyond the OMGSOHUEG factor. I can't help but wonder if I'd have been more impressed if they kept him at the smaller scale that they used for the mock-up version.

Come again?

Is he gonna write a book about his experiences?

>Eldar birth Slaanesh
>Eldar birth Ynead
>WHY DO SLAANESH AND YNEAD LOOK SO SIMILAR

Gee I dunno faggot.

Did you forgot something, faggot?
KAELA MENSHA MOTHER FUCKING KHAINE
Also Cegorach.
They don't look like Slaanesh.
Just because it's eldar doesnt mean it should look alike, especially with vast differences in domains and aspects.
Go away, returdo.

Newfags, everyone.

Did YOU? Ynead and Slaanesh are the only two gods who manifested themselves AFTER the Fall.

The Eldar are children of Isha, Isha is not a CHILD OF THE ELDAR. SLAANESH IS A CHILD OF THE ELDAR. YNNEAD'S CURRENT FORM IS A CHILD OF THE ELDAR.

Use your fucking brain, you dipshit.

>Gawds are born before people
Lol, you really are retarded.

>HUR DUR YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR ELDAR MYTHOLOGY
>LOL GODS DIDNT COME BEFORE THE ELDAR STUPID
>Isha is literally the mother of the Eldar

>Taking MYTHOLOGY literally
Look at him and laugh.

>not taking mythology literally in a setting with multiple gods
>and the gods are being fucking physically birthed right in front of you

Laugh it up chucklefuck, you're the retard who challenges others authority on said mythology when your grasp on both the subject itself and logic in general is weaker than Abaddon's grasp on Cadia. "Hur dur dur did you forget about KHAINE and CEGORACH faggot?!?!"

All of the gods in the setting have been birthed by sentient species, not otherwise, you pathetic joke of a faggot. People come before gods.
You'd knew this if you were paying attention to the fluff.
Since you're even asshurt now, I can stop ridiculing you, you are already dead.

Not that guy, but "gods exist" doesn't automatically mean "all myths about them are true".

>The Eldar are children of Isha
That's a myth. Eldar gods used to be daemons eldar created during the war with necrons and c'tan. After their civilization reverted because of enslavers plague, the deamons achieved a will of their own, merged into eldar gods and elves started worshipping them.

>the return of Marneus Calgar,
what?
>Abaddon's Siege of Terra.
BS

There was at least one incident, when an Eldar god created weapons for the Eldar to fight the necrons. So I guess they can't be born in this war. They would be to weak.
They could be just Old Ones masked as gods and later formed beings in the warp because of the Eldar worship.

>They would be to weak.
Slaanesh was strong enough after it's birth eat every other eldar gods who did not escape. And Khaine survived either through Khorne intervention or sheer badass RAGE, depending on who your believe.

I haven't kept up with 40ks lore for quite a few years but I used to be a huge GG fanboy. Why would this guy have "the lost Tanith regiments" in his box and is it the First and Only or the 2nd and 3rd? What happened to them on Cadia?

Slaanesh existed before her brith. I guess that would be true for the Eldar gods too.

So your guys whole argument is... needless.

>IMHO It's some of the best fluff GW has put out in years.
You should be older than 8 years to post here.

>People come before gods.
IN 40k
You are fuckin retarded.

do we have a long block of text summary for Fracture of Biel-Tan yet? I wanna read that now

in a week

I've just noticed the poor black legionary at his feet.

>Eternally damned to look at his crotch

Heh.
Go read some lore, newfriendo.
Or don't. Since it might become redundant in the AoS40K event.

>IMHO It's some of the best fluff GW has put out in years.
wew!

Pretty fucking awesome, considering ive been following the lore for too damn long. Its good to see progress. Instead of pure grimderp eternal war, there will be glorious white hot eternal war.

Because Ynnead is a Eldar God of Death and in the last 10000 years, death to the eldar meant being a sex/torture toy to Slaanesh for eternity.

Ynnead is being born from the eldar souls in the infinity circles. Those who lose their souls go straight to Slaanesh, not Ynnead.
So I'd beg to differ.

Lurk moar

The infinity circles are sadly a temporal solution because there's always the risk someone would try and succed to destroy the Craftworld, sending all those souls to the Warp.

Because he's the God of Death for the Dark Eldar AND the Eldar. And death comes in many forms, but when death comes for the Eldar, it's super-gay.

But yeah, I don't like it much. You'd think that the God of Death would be dour, sterile, morbid and basically incorruptible, sort of like the direct opposite of Slaanesh.

>Rowboat
He's awake. He has Emps's Burning Blade and is en-route to Terra to turn it into one giant fortress world, but is slowed down a little by the Red Corsairs. Also will probably have a chat with the High Lords over their lack of efficiency after all this bullshit is over.

>Cadia
The world broke before the Guard did.

>Eldar
Ynnead is a thing. And despite the efforts of the Deathwatch in Death Masque, the fledgling Eldar God of Death is born, but incomplete. Gathers a lot of Eldar to finally go and fight Chaos. Eldrad is taken into custody by the Eldar Inquisition.

>>>

Fucking idiot. Necron Overlords tower over marines. Marines sometimes refer to them as giants. How do you think they look like to a hunched backed normal human missing an arm?

Also the effect of the pokeball is mentioned in the text.

Be it as it may, eldar souls who flee into the warp are being claimed by Slaanesh, so exactly how does that create another god?
Slaanesh claims the soul energy for itself, so unless this in itself can create some this theory is rather weak. Ynnead was stated to be born from circles specifically. At least by old codices.
Reasonable, but aren't DE souls go to Slaanesh as well when they die? They don't use soul stones, just forestall it with their torturefuckery. But I guess it's possible that Ynnead is being born from deathbed emotions as well, in which case it's understandable.

>You'd think that the God of Death would be dour, sterile, morbid and basically incorruptible, sort of like the direct opposite of Slaanesh.
True and Gee Dubs still have a chance to portrait him as such. But with that get-ready-to-rape face... He fucking looks like he's actually happy and eager to get started. Scary shit.

Actually, I think the souls of ALL Eldar go to Slaanesh when they die. Like, the Dark Eldar aren't Slaneesh worshippers: They're Slaanesh appeasers, really. Slaanesh offers them nothing except "I'm not eating your soul yet."

The one thing about the Eldar is that they never learn anything, so I get the feeling that their God of Death is happy to take a personal hand in things.

Oh my fucking god I am getting flashbacks to WHFBfag retardation. I expected better from 40Kfags.

You fuck, Ynnead was gestating in the Infinity Circuits of the Craftworlds which happen to be all connected with each other on some level. That's why Eldrad in Death Masque tried to get all the Eldar souls from the craftworlds into a single point to awaken Ynnead.

> Ynnead was stated to be born from circles specifically.

Exactly so why are you bullshitting about him now? Get out now.

>which happen to be all connected with each other on some level.
Actually they were connected by device which was given to Eldar from Black Library, ou should read more than 4 pages.

It's right there in the first page of FoB. All souls of the Eldar go to Slaanesh on death. All four factions of the Eldar devised ways to escape that fate. Dark Eldar science, pacts with Cegorach, Infinity Circuits, and World Spirits.

Now with the awakening of the Shard of Ynnead, the Eldar got a fifth option in the form of the incomplete (and corrupted) cycle of death and rebirth of Ynnead.

Source this.

Errm, they do. It is no question, they all go to Slaanesh, but Craftworlders store them in soul stones and later transfer to the Infinity Circuits in their ships, Exodites have the same but with their planet as a circuit, DE forstall their inevitable demise and clowns just have Cegorach fighting for them.
Question is, that craftworlders were supposed to be not like DE eldar of old, who spawned Slaanesh, and yet here we are.
The fuck are you talking about? I said exactly the same, just spelled "Circles" instead of "Circuits".

>Source this.
Death Masque

Lies then. Eldrad used the murderclowns to steal the crystallized seers from all the craftworlds and used them to connect and draw the souls of the infinity circuits into the crystal moon.

>Eldrad used the murderclowns to steal the crystallized seers from all the craftworlds and used them to connect and draw the souls of the infinity circuits into the crystal moon.
So they were connected by Eldrad's device,.

They were indirectly connected before hence why Ynnead was gestating in their collective souls.

And don't lie again.

>And don't lie again.
I don't lying.

See . Lie about lying. Disgraceful. There was no device from the Black Library.

Wew, lad. They actually did it. The absolute madmen.

I figured the eldar souls would form a clot within the entity of Slaanesh, bursting out of her chest in the figuritive sense. It'd explain why Ynnead resembles Slaanesh.

I don't know if that's gonna be a thing but I'm interested to see. Im gonna be disapointed if it turns out Ynnead is just gonna be a slaanesh-esque god.

>There was no device from the Black Library.
Yes I admit that I was wrong.