scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-SE/How-to-Paint-Ironjawz-EN
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Bull-Centaur-Renders
tga.community/forums/topic/7221-las-vegas-open-2017-results-lists/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>errant-questor is being delayed
Ugh, this is the worst. By the time he arrives I'll be burried neck-deep in work...

So, what happened to the new SC battletome? Can't find it on GW's site.

I claim this thread in the name of Nurgle

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (100)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
6 x Screamers Of Tzeentch (280)

Total: 980/2000
1k vanguard list, think it carries some heat?

Shadow elf daemons this summer?

Anyone have the How to Paint Ironjawz PDF?
Can't find it in any of the megas, thx.

games-workshop.com/en-SE/How-to-Paint-Ironjawz-EN

Nurglw battletome when?

So did Slaanesh get merged into Shadow Aelfs?

still waiting for new rat men :^)

You're gonna carry that wait

Stegadon with flamethrower or ballista?

hey guys i want to get into age of sigmar and stumbled upon "storm of sigmar". it looks fairly cheap so what's the catch here?

There isn't one? The starter set is a better deal if you have more to spend, but there's nothing inherently wrong with Storm of Sigmar.

Its like the first shot of heroin.

Seriously, if you first want to check if painting/modelling is smth for you at all, give it a shot. Otherwise you're better off with a start collecting of your choice or one of the starter sets.

I personally think the Spire of Dawn set is more bang for your buck

Soon enough that my manager was advising someone to wait for that before buying a bunch of Nurgle stuff, but that's unverifiable and vague as shit.

I've been thinking.

>A dangerous past time.
>I know.

Do you all think GW is just going to focus on "evolved" elves like the Sylvaneth, and do that with "Shadow" and "Light" elves instead of expanding on the current elf armies?

Bonesplitterz and Flesh-Eater Courts were given their own battletomes and consist entirely of older models, so I suppose it's definitely not impossible that, say, Wanderers or Darkling Covens could get their own tomes, but I could also easily see the "evolved" elves as being GW's focus when it comes to them.

But wood elves are still around. And the person who would be their god hates them.

No, no, I don't mean that they'll be ripped out immediately, just either not updated for a while, or maybe even phased out after some time.

Here are some ways to use 3" reach to its fullest:

1. Offensively you can strike over the enemy front line and hit more important targets.
Screening with trash units and getting a counter pile-in is a huge part of competitive AOS and using a 3" weapon lets you strike over those pesky grots and saurus warriors and hit the big monsters behind that line.

2. Defensively you can keep Protectors behind a line of troops and strike in combat with your increased range. You cam absorb a charge with Liberators (preferably with a buffed up Save from a Mystic Shield and/or Lord Castellant) and then strike back with Protectors.

It's difficult to say, past Battletomes have shown a couple of approaches. However the new Tzeentch and Stromcast battletomes did go back to the more traditional Army Book of yore. So a 'Exiles' book might not be out of the question. I don't expect them to ever make new molds for the existing models of the elves though. They'll make new units and then try to incorporate those into a larger release of some sort.

Storm of Sigmar is alright you want a taster, comes with a little rule book with different scenarios to play with the figures you get. The models are the snap figures but for what you get its a bargain.

Pretty good if you plan to start either of those armies too. (I converted the stormcast into Khorne Bloodbound when I picked it up)

In general I would take the ballista because if you focus fire with a Bastiladon you can snipe most heroes and put significant damage on monsters.

However, the sunfire throwers are an amazing anti-horde weapon and Seraphon don't have access to many other abilities like that.

>Do you all think GW is just going to focus on "evolved" elves like the Sylvaneth

Objectively, yes.

I think we will never see another new non "evolved" elf made ever again.

With some luck we might get some of those old elves rolled into the new "Shadow" and "Light" Aelves battletomes but I do not see battletomes for the old elves ever becoming a reality.

I would like to have battletomes for the old dark elf, wood elf, and high elf lines. But I thing GW is looking forward to new creative opportunities more than back at how to bring those ranges current.

or is this bad

>I converted the stormcast into Khorne Bloodbound

pics?

>Mfw seeing how gorgeous these models are in person

Holy hell these things are beautiful, and huge as fuck, so they are easier to paint

Have fun user, and be careful with resin

Oh I've been super careful with them, I'm working on my ironsworn currently, so I have plenty of practice before messing with them. I've mainly been using a razor for removing mold lines and filing them

>and huge as fuck, so there are alrge, smooth surfaces which will show any imperfection in paint application or blending to everyone within fives miles.

Never seen these before, what unit are they?

I see GW as wanting to focus on producing non-standard elf factions like Sylvaneth as their priority, but I could also see them doing the occasional "low budget" battletome like FEC and Bonesplitterz for Exiles/Wanderers/Highborn. Doubt the smaller factions, like Lion Rangers, will get their own book, though. Will most likely be rolled into their respective elf archetypes with a corner dedicated to their lore.

I too require pics. PLZ.

Forgeworld

Ive posted these guys before, two became Blood warriors to make 5 from storm of sigmar and the other three are going to be Skull reapers. One day I'll finish my skull reapers

What are these "shadow" and "light" Aelves exactly? Is it a rumor or just something you guys think will happen?

I can see each of the elf races fighting to be blessed by their gods. But thats too similar to how stormcasts are. There will need to be drawbacks to the "evolved" elves that will encourage having regular elves with them. If we just get elf NOTstormcasts, thatll be lame.

Aelves live in Azyr, but most are in the realms of Hysh (light) or Ulgu (shadow). Hysh has Tyrion and Teclis as kinda patron gods, Hysh being the only place but Azyr that Chaos didn't get a good grip during the Age of Chaos. Ulgu is all smoke and mirrors, and we're told Malerion (Malekith fused with his dragon) lives there. Also no other Aelves in the other realms. It's why the three godbros went out to search for their people.

Malekith became Malerion and rules over the realm of shadow. While tyrion and teclis are in control of the light realm. So when elves gets updated, we are all wanting to see what they will make.
And another thought, I hate how they made wood elves apart from sylvaneth faction.

Are all these realms named after gods of the old pantheon?

Some progress on my beastmanneds. The shaman is a pretty cool model I think.

No, they are named and are in reflection after the different aspects of magic.

yeah, because I got the thunderbeast box so i can have a troglodon, but wasnt sure on what to make the second stegadon because i know i want the engine of the gods for sure, or would that be a mistake?

Is it possible to find any faction in each realm? Like humans in Aqshy? Basically like finding them in realms that are out of their element?

yes and no. Before Chaos attacked and Sigmar shut the gates to Azyr, people of all races were everywhere. But then shit happened and time passed, so most people were in Azyrheim, but alot were also outside and had to fend for themselves.

Engine of the Gods is decent but lackluster on the table. If you could pick a lower result than the one you rolled it would be much better. I would usually just pay the extra 20 points and get a real Stegadon instead.

It has the Hero keyword so it can take Artifacts, so if they ever release a Seraphon allegiance pack then the EOTG might start seeing serious play.

A Seraphon spell lore would make Slann valuable again, which also increases the value of many underused units like Eternity Warden, Troglodon, and EOTG.

I would just build a standard Stegadon.

the reason i said no also is really because we havent heard of any races being in other places besides to fight/reclaim stuff. There may be a tribe of jungle aelves in ghyran, or cloud riding dwarves in hysh. or ninjas in ulgu, but until those places become fleshed out we have no idea.
So, for the two stegadon i get, should i just make one with ballista and the other with firethrower? I have a slann, a star priest, and most hero units so if EOTG isnt worth it, ill go for more hitting power then.

I would just build them as Stegadons and play "counts as" EOTG for now. AOS community is pretty chill and nobody cares about that "what you see is what you get" nonsense (though some tournaments might).

If they eventually release an allegiance pack for Seraphon I would get a proper EOTG

thanks. If it wasnt obvious enough, Im new to AoS. I always see people trash saurus warriors, why is that? They do pretty alright when I play field them.Even the store guy at my local GW recommended to invest in more guard.

Saurus Warriors are great, people trash them because they think Saurus Guard are strictly better.

People think Guard are good because they play against armies that have lots of melee and only have Rend-1 attacks and don't know how to prioritize mortal wound output.

In reality Guard are massively overrated - they are still good, just not "bring 15 guard as my battleline" good. Among other reasons, they are far too weak to any kind of mortal wounds, losing too many models to even a D3 mortal wound attack.

Seraphon battleline is needed to screen the dinosaurs and give you time to get shots off with your artillery. When your screen dies to a light breeze of mortal wounds your dinosaurs are exposed and you quickly lose the game.

When I use Saurus Guard it's usually only a single squad of 10 that I put in the way of enemy cavalry. Saurus Warriors are my go-to Battleline choice for Seraphon.

Ok, It just didnt sit right to have what is supposed to be elite infantry as the body of your army. Ill have to tinker around with that then, when I finish build my box of guards.

Really helpful, I was wondering what the name of the unit was, not where it came from.

Not him.

Bull Centaurs I think, let me check. Yeah, 'Bull Centaur Renders'.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Bull-Centaur-Renders

Is there a PDF of the Feb WD?

Thanks user!

What you anons think of my Otto so far? I'm working on the little details today.

>And also secretly hoping to become friends with the other Nurglebros that lurk in this thread

> (Malekith fused with his dragon)

That was just a rumour born from Malekith new appearance

>>And also secretly hoping to become friends with the other Nurglebros that lurk in this thread

I can be your friend user

>2017
>not airbrushing

bro... there a reason all golden deamon painter, eavy metal, commision painter all use airbrush.

He is just a really really bad painter imo.

He complain bull centaur being big while Land Raider and rhino have much more flat surface and nobody ever had a problem with it, even with a brush.
Also they are rougly ogre sized, And ogres are literraly the best and easiest thing to paint and i never saw someone complain about not bein able to paint them properly.

Is there a way to make creation tabels for the variosu factions in AoS? Much like there are in 40k.

Really liking the scheme man, keep it up. Lookin forward to seeing the whole herd. Are you allying them with regular beastmen or just goin ham tzeencth?

Not everybody has the money for an airbrush. Though to be fair, Warmahordes is far worse off for it than Warhammer.

Even though the narrative isn't playing out exactly like that I think the design intent for the AOS setting was to have the old "incarnates" of the winds of magic be roughly correlated to an associated new "realm".

You've got the god emperor Sigmar in the realm of heaven who was previously the host to the said same wind of magic. Same for alarielle with life. The dwarf berserker with fire, etc. We should see Tyrion accompanied by Teclis show up in the realm of Light, and Malikith un the realm of shadow.

There was a human wizard sporting the wind of Metal during the end times who I don't think has made an appearance yet but that gives some hope of another human faction or at least a dwarf human metallic themed alliance (freeguild +steamhead rolled into one faction).

I could be getting some of the details a little mixed up but you get the point.

Somebody know how the Las Vegas Open ended? The final was Silvaneth vs Stormcast, wasn't it?

How's this for a mixed destruction list? Mostly using this for narrative games

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Gobsnik (80)
Grot Warboss
- General
- Prodder and Squig
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Zappzag (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Squigzog (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman

Battleline
40 x Crooked Toof Lads (240)
Moonclan Grots
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 6 netters
20 x Crooked Arrers (120)
Moonclan Grots
- Bows & Slittas
10 x Creepy Crawlas (200)
Grot Spider Riders
- Spiderfang Battleline
3 x Yellow Bellies (160)
Leadbelchers
- Gutbusters Battleline
9 x Guzzgor's Bone Snappers (360)
Fimir Warriors
- Battleline (Fimir Dirach Balefield General)

Units
6 x Crooked Toof Loonies (180)
Grot Fanatics

Behemoths
Muncha and Cruncha (240)
Mangler Squigs

War Machines
Piercer (120)
Grot Spear Chukka
Impaler (120)
Grot Spear Chukka

Total: 1940/2000

Leaves me 60 points. Should I nab another shaman or leave it be?

Not an expert on Destruction, but it looks to me. And I would say you leave those 60 points. It might give you the little bonus since you might have less points

Who is a really bad painter?

I hate nurgle the most of the gods
But I'd still like to be friends with nurgle bros. You guys make your Papa proud

Aelves were hinted at on the Community website at some point this year. Did not mention what time frame or what type of aelf however.

An entry level airbrush is literally 110 bucks. That's with a tank and compressor.

Best investment ever just for the fact it makes priming cheaper and easier.

The goal currently is just to go full tzeentch. The new models are too cool not to.

What i'll do after i've finished the 1k points I already have is another story. But I either hope to continue tzeentch, or maybe go elf if they show up this summer.

Thanks for the input. I'll stick with just two shamans

Anyone ever play test that hinterlands PDF?

Someone posted it and it seemed interesting but I was curious if anyone had first hand experience. I have models but not really people to play with so it may be a decent way to get people to try when I get the chance.

I am going to play it this Friday, I am really looking forward to it! My Beastmen warband shall hunt and feast in plenty when I am done with my foe!

Also, anyone feeling like sharing their warband?

Looking at the LVO results....

How the fuck is this considered a competitive tournament? This is an embarrassment.

First place was allowed to bring a Realmgate in his list for some reason.

Second and third place are literally just slow melee units with one big monster - was nobody playing Seraphon, Sylvaneth, or Freeguild? This is pathetic.

Anyway, here os my own beastmen warband that I am using this Friday

Felvor's Hunting Party

Beastlord: Felvor the Reaper

>6 Gors

Drok, the foe render of the Gors, armed with dual blades
Khaz, the Gor horn blower. He also wields a crude beastshield
Freg, a regular dual-bladed Gor
Val, another dual-bladed Gor
Mor, a Gor armed with a beastshield
Gorth, he also carries a beastshield into battle

>4 Bestigors

Scyus, a Bestigor that proudly brings his axe into battle
Abtoth, he is the bearer of the Brayhorn that rallies the other Bestigors into battle
Luchash, he has taken many heads with his Great axe
Felrak, a savage Bestigor who wants nothing more than to see the prey fear for their lives

>1 Ungor

Zel is a small Ungor Raider that is brave enough to follow the hunting party. Armed with a good sense of direction and his bow he is prepared to see the hunt through until the end

Meh, if you are dedicated to the hobby, you'll save maybe a 150-200 hours of painting easily per year using an airbrush, as well as multiplying your skill tenfold compared to the brush.

There is nothing like airbrushing 4000 points of grots, orcs, skeletons or necrons in a week.

I don't know how you value your time but, just google "Tale of painter K-moon review"
you an get a descent airbrush and compressor for next to nothing, and double your paints life.

>guys guys look at those results I wont link haha did you see that

bro..

>spoonfeed pls ;_;

Then don't expect any answer from anyone, as simple as that

You want people to talk on the matter? bring in the frigging link. I ain't gonna go treasure-hunting so I can jerk your hate-boner.

>was nobody playing Sylvaneth
Did you even watch a single game?

What's the easiest way to get a warband running?

1 box of Perry Mercenaries or 1 box of Frostgrave soldiers for humans.

What are some good options for other races?

Not him

tga.community/forums/topic/7221-las-vegas-open-2017-results-lists/

Just go with whatever you feel would be the most fun to seek riches and glory with out in the realms. Or something that fits your fluff and/or narrative

literally spent 10 minutes trying to google foo up the results you're talking about.

Be a friend and post the link since they aren't easy to find.

You need such a tiny amount of models that there is really no point in trying to save money. Obvious choices are plastik boxes of any kinds (especially North Star), but buying a bunch of used models will probably be even cheaper and get you GW models. Ogres need can fit like 3 actually ogres in a list, daemons can go with one box or one box+1 large model. SCE and Khorne can use the snap fit stuff...
If you want to go old empire, use the lead adventure Bruegelburg range. 5€ per model, but absolutely gorgeous. It would also be a good time to buy the Scibor Dwarf Rangers or Miners.
If you don't have a lot of money and you are ok with 3rd party models, go for Mantic, so you also get a cheap army for 'real' AoS/KoW/WHFB.

God damn Elves are so strong in this all over the place dominating everything!

actually zero elf units in any of the top 12 lists

Elves OP

This tournament is a joke

>one guy brings tomb kings, zero necropolis knights
>nobody brings beastclaw raiders

>mfw people have wrong fun

>no gutbusters

anyway to make a viable army with ogres and gnoblars? excluding beastclaw stuff.

weren't they quite strong even before beastclaw? They were the shit before GHB, but afaik their powerlevel didn't drop too hard.

are we talking about basic bulls, ironguts and leadbelchers?

or are you including stonehorns and mournfang.

Zero elf unit except in the fucking winner list I suppose ???
Goddamn elffag are the worst, you cant even whine properly

he looks cute

I love how nurgle knights always have big, fat bodies with meat and armors, and then have a tiny little helmet

You might have a point. Just thought about the faction in general, not the specific units. I guess you could take a few of the more basic ogres and tweak the powerlevel with the strong units, but I'm really no expert on ogres.

>Second and third place are literally just slow melee units with one big monster

Wrong. You dont know this game.
None of the 12 list is a slow melee list.
Most have range waeponry and teleport,
the other have Sayl, flying or overall fast unit.

Drop screamers, increase Tzaangor to 20, add 20 marauders or a herald or an exalted flamer. or go 20 points over and add another pink horror unit.

Alternatively: drop screamers, and just leave 300pts for summoning, so you aren't stuck with screamers vs an opponent with no monsters. summon more horrors, burn everything. see monster(s)? summon screamers.