Warhammer 40k general

Funny necron formations edition.

>Dank Dweekend Duncan maymays
youtube.com/watch?v=WVqGROfiKmA [Open]

> 40k reference in wiki format
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (It's OK, Guilliman borrowed a copy of the imperial truth)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UHgu_fBlSjk
belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/40k-8th-ed-rumors-generals-handbook.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Third for EDT is the strongest army.

Second for Jesus Christ, you fuckers suck at this.

third for SPACE WAAAGGHH

ORKZ ARE A STRONGEST ARMY

Third for the 6E tyranid codex is fine and tyranids are competitive because flyrants.

20 seconds you fucker

>space waagh
forgot the video
youtube.com/watch?v=UHgu_fBlSjk

Reposting this from last thread because it was right when it died

Is this viable for a deathstar?

>nemesor zandrekh
>5X lychguard with sword and shield
>orikan the deviner
>overlord with scythe, phase shifter, shroud for 2+, and res orb

Seems pretty unkillable other than stomps and it can deepstrike to get around, suggestions?

Someone said use wraiths, I guess I didn't think of beasts being able to join ICs, of course they can't reanimate unless Mr spyder tags along

>see captcha
>I'm not a robot
>am soulless space skeleton
>what do?

>30k TS have Shred on all bolters
>Brotherhood of Psykers everywhere that can get Prescience on top of above at the very least
>Bunch of expensive but really strong units
>Magnus and his 36" 7Ds bubble
>40k have 23ppm Shitbricae and Magnus that needs fully Daemon army to supplement him

Falling to Chaos was a mistake.

>opponent sloppily paints names on his bases
>gets huffy when you don't refer to his models by name

>30k TS are terribly balanced
>40k TS are terribly balanced
Interdasting.

how do you think, Decimus joining to Abbadon in Maccrage?

>Brotherhood of Psykers everywhere
Not really. It's on the three unique units (sword dudes, sniper dudes, super terminators) and you can buy it for Veteran Tacticals and Terminators.

>Shred on bolters
Once again, only a few units get it, and they have to buy it.

30k TS are going to be strong, and Magnus is absurdly OP, but the army as a whole isn't too bad. Psyker-heavy TS armies are going to be very light on models, and the Pinning thing will bite them in the ass occasionally.

k TS have Shred on all bolters
not quite true, they can BUY, which is a subtle diffrence

The 36" bubble thing is also both missrepresetative, and only ap5. its an 18" bubble, becuase when we say bubble, and give a number, people use the radius not the diameter .

still fucks vehcles in the butt

Can you guarantee Invisibility? All deathstars are shit if you can target them with S:D templates.

>Someone said use wraiths, I guess I didn't think of beasts being able to join ICs, of course they can't reanimate unless Mr spyder tags along
Yes. "Decurion" is such a swearword not becaause what it is but because Canoptek Harvest. And making big unit of Wraiths into Orikanstar turns it into bullshit-tier. It doesnt matter that all the chars only move 6". You can easily use wraiths and coherency to slingshot them into melee. You just need to place them properly.

Placing your models properly is actually about ~25% of the whole gameplay in 40K. I cant believe why nobody ever talks about it. And deployment. Holy shit. Deployment wins games. Helloo, has anyone ever heard about refused flank and can someone point why eldar jetbikes are also bullshit outside of Scatter Lasers?

Did the Blood Angels use any special units during the heresy that no other legion used? if so do you think they will ever get them back

Tyranid Triumvirate: Death Leaper, Old One Eye, and Red Terror.

Think I'm wrong? Check their availability

We haven't got their 30k rules in full yet.

Their special unit is assault cannon.

So I keep hearing 40k 8th is gonna hit this summer, any validity to the rumor? Seems too soon after 7th?

Yeah, TSons are fine besides Magnus and underpriced terminators. Hopefully Magnus' Novas and Invisibility interactions will be FAQ'd - D Smite and Life Leech are powerful but still something you can play against.
Fair enough, they can also be bough only on vets and terminators, but they are pretty much auto-include.

I googled and found this

seems like 40k AoS might be true belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/40k-8th-ed-rumors-generals-handbook.html

>seems like 40k AoS might be true belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/40k-8th-ed-rumors-generals-handbook.html
Sweet.

Yeah I was thinking that, since the wraith in front can move 12 and chain back to the guys who only moved 6, and that one wraith is not dying to overwatch other than tau

Also yes deployment is insane, sometimes when I take a little long to set up I apologize to the guy and tell him that most likely my deployment with decide the game, and it usually does, especially if they have a skyhammer or something inbound

Yeah I know D scythes are a pain, but honestly no one in my meta uses them except for the obligotary eldar cheese lord, but he only comes in for tourneys and this list would be for goofing around outside of that, I would bring more numbers in a tourney than a super unit and I know how to get around them

Hey guys,

Due to prolonged, abnormally shitty weather conditions, I have no way of using my chaos black primer. Is vallejo surface primer suitable for models used for table top gaming?

I don't get much time off work, and I have a lot of painting I want to get done.

Please share your success and horror stories with this product.

I figure we will see 8th hit this year sometime, 7th is three years old now, I don't think 6th ed even lived that long

check out /wip/ for better painting and modelling question results.

I'm a tau player. I kind of want to buy a couple of assassins to add some variety to my army that isn't stand still and shoot everything. Is this a good idea?

only if you let your opponent use them to kill you

Play Imperium.

>add some variety to my army that isn't stand still and shoot everything
Should have thought about that before picking Tau, then

Assassins are really fun units, (the vindicare I just find frustrating because he always misses but other people like him)

All of them do rediculous shit and peace both me and my opponent smiling usually

The culexus would be best for you since it ducks psykers over pretty bad

What is wip problem with churches? Also wip is a mixed bag of retards, Facebook comments, useful advice and memes

Yes user, you can get Culexus to protect your Riptide Wing and Stormsurge from Treason.

>that pic
uh user? You alright?

>wip is a mixed bag of retards, Facebook comments, useful advice and memes
That still puts them leaps and bounds ahead of this general
>What is wip problem with churches?
Ah, I was there for that. Never forget.

>ywn fight as a part of disciplined army in the name of Khorne
>ywn kill loyalist scum who betrayed you
>ywn take Commissar's hat from his body as a spoil of war
Why live?

Did "Aeldari are gay" user get b&?
Happy day! Happy day!

I picked them purely because of robots, I didn't really think of anything else

I was thinking of the culexus at least because psykers are annoying

I only have one riptide, I would like more because the model is fun but I don't want to be a WAACfag, fun is more important than winning

>disciplined
>Khorne
Yep, you never will

>implying every tau player runs that bullshit
Show us where the waac fag touched you user

Names on my models are messy, but I NEVER asked anyone to call them by name. How autistic can a man get?

How does this look?
I was thinking of having the Harlies in the raiders, and the blasterborn in the starweaver (my group has the house rule that allies can deploy in each others vehicles as long as they're battle brothers).
I was also thinking of putting a shadowseer with each troupe, and a death jester with each kabalite/trueborn squad,and sticking the succubus with the shadowseer that has the mask of secrets in the hopes of getting the mirror of minds phantasamancy spell and laughing maniacally at the -4 leadership.
In the end is Cegorach's Revenge worth it?

>I picked them purely because of robots
Shit Tau players say

>blood pact
>sons of sek
>any ex-IG
Seriously, not every Khornate is a psycho outside of battle. Most don't get butcher's nails.
#NotAllKhornates

Asking again: what do you guys think of using an Enginseer Congregation besides a War Convocation? Was thinking of using one with 5 Servitors to act as backline repair units and to fill in 2 Canticle slots to keep my count high even after my Skitarii inevitably are killed.

>Thumbnail
What did you use to make this?

He is Taufag who wants Assassin. That means that someone just had his Stormsurge blow up his own Riptide wing.

P I C T U R E
F O R
A N T S

So what was the church thing?

So I'm gonna build this necron army only for it to completely change in 6 months and possibly make me buy new units/ make some shit... okay...

Nah I kid, I know that's the way the game works, I've already done a salt detox for if both my armies were made shit tomorrow.

Anyone have any good stories of getting fucked over by edition changes, new codexes or FAQs?

>for example I had a friend buy 6 drop pods to ally with his grey knights and sisters of battle, only for the FAQ to come out like a month later

Oops accidentally saved as a thumbnail some how.. here's the actual one my bad

It's true! I did want to play Space Wolves but a lot of the people at the shop I go to were already Space Marine players (and the more I looked at SW stuff the more I hated it) so I ended up with mecha instead

I have 1 riptide and no stormsurge dude, not every one who plays this game is a cheesy cunt

See you get around this buy playing armies that are already considered shit and then things can only get better. right?

Let it go, user. Some people would rather believe that the world is out to get them than admit that they suck at a game or are unpleasant to be around.

tau got cool robots and drones.

i got like 20 gun drones in my 1850pts army.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Osama Bin Autismo? I thought not, it's not a story /40kg/ would tell you. It's a /wip/ legend. Church user was a dark lord of /wip/ so autistic and butthurt, he could use miniature churches to influence the scale of his Knights. He had such a poor knowledge of 4chin, he could continue spewing his autistic rants for weeks after anyone said the rubble on his Knight's base look like a miniature church.
The dark side of autism is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
He became so autistic, the only thing he had to lose was his little church. Unfortunately, he taught /wip/ everything he knew about being a sperg. Then /wip/ ousted him for good. Ironic. He could save little churches from death... but not himself.

Tau doesnt have any robots it only has monstrous Creatures and infantry

Literally every faction uses robots in a highly visible capacity. You're just a weeb.

Skitarii have some really neat walkers. No way I could paint them though

So basically went for advice and was not willing to take it? Or he wanted people sucking him off? For that you go to Facebook. You need to be really bad in order to get shit on.

Crisis suit. Infantery are ok
Riptide and Ghost shill can be MC
Stormsurge is a Titan, unless you are a nid or Ork huge dino thingy that I can't remember the name since no one ever use it. Can be GC. Everything else should have AV

Maybe if vehicles didn't got worst every time someone shoot at them we wouldn't have this problem

If you wanted robots, why not go for Literally Robots: The Army?

>Aeldari Noir
>Tyranigs
>Any space marines that arent Grey Knights with baby carriers(dreads and stuff i dont really count, and Knights are allies)

have you seen the fucking rules for necrons?

the army plays like shit.

Because they aren't mecha

I play guard as well, they are considered weak but I still really enjoy them (and win most my games if I do say so)

I have a two army policy, for multiple reasons but one is the hope that when's the next round of codexes comes out I can expect at least one to get nerfed and one to get buffed

I was also there, trying to explain to him,

The item LOOKED like a church. So we asked. He got pissed and said rubble, and we said 'oh, i thought it was a church'. He posts it again and again over a few days, and goes ballistic about how it isn't a church, anytime a new user would ask, or anything was even said about how it could still be mistaken as one. We never said it was one, he just went full turbonegro on it

Does anyone have all The Beast Arises novels? Or at least the last four?

>So basically went for advice and was not willing to take it?
Kinda this. It was hard to pinpoint what he actually meant through his delusional ramblings.

Also, how the fuck is FB such a goddamn wip circle-jerk? I've seen people praise minis painted so bad I wouldn't even want to play against them.

>being this wrong

Seems to be a lot of cron hate on Veeky Forums

Lots of my LGS is supporting me in my post op transition because they say it would be fun to see a new lesser played (at least in my group) army

I know a lot of people say they are very dry to play against and with but is there anything else tonit? I'd like to hear some people's opinions

I play nids and Blood angels so i play one army that is bad unless you flying circus and the other thats worst of the marines which means its decent.
So if i ever need to actually play a non-fluffy game i can just play marines and be alright

They're not by any stretch of the imagination bad.
Unless you're a powergaming big 3 fag

Well Facebook comments regarding unpainted shit triggers them as much as Veeky Forums

But yah the circle jerk is impressive. The competitive side is even worst "made this list". Some how changing a single upgrade from the cookie cutter list for tournaments is a totally new and original list that must be praise.

One would think picture related are troll list but people actually try to call their Eldar and Tau list with random Inquisitor with Servo skulls a fluffy Inquisition list.

>more than 2 factions in an army list
FUCKING DROPPED
I don't even bother to read that shit. Shit like that is only run by netlist freaks anyway.

i feel sorry for anyone that actually has to play against that snoozefest.

How about you stop shitposting about things you don't know?

You know that there are more units in Necrons, not just Warriors, right?

Ignore him. He's never looked at the codex or so much as watched a game with Necrons in it. He's spouting an old meme like it's relevant.

I bet you play Tau

i play orks

>imlying orks arent a boring army to play against

>that duncan video

>wouldn't last 1 round of combat against a Wraith
fucking THIS. Orks put me right the fuck to sleep.

It was a test to see how many posts until people noticed.

That's because their special rules are so shit the only original things they do harms THEMSELVES.

Thats a shitty list. Also, illegal. Or is it illegal on purpose? Its not good trolling if you deliberately make yourself look like a retard.

Since we are talking space terminator tomb kings (in space)

Here's the way I'm gonna do troops and vehicles, Criticism? Advice? Does the ghost ark give anyone else AIDS to paint and build?

>yeah I know it's the generic easy to paint scheme but sue me for actually liking their classic scheme a lot

It's not illegal?

>Orks
>Actual boring army

Between the shitty conversions, bad paint job. Usless army that either die when their transport pop or is a chore to kill the horde.

Squat the army already

It is only fun to face Ork when you actually gimp yourself in any other case it is just boring.

At least it's painted. And not to the standards of a model gore thread.

>Does the ghost ark give anyone else AIDS to paint and build?
Yes. Fuck that thing.
I know people say drop pods suck to assemble, but I enjoy putting those together infintely more than ghost arks. Those things are a bitch

The black/green is DARK, I'd put some sharp green-yellow edge highlights on it so you can actually make out some detail from more than a foot away.
Warrior looks pretty standard, albeit flat. The basing leaves something to be desired. Wash and drybrush that shit.

GSC with Scion hybrids

>Not recognising meme list
>This new.

That is a list that makes fun of shit like triple riptide wings and a random servo skull Inquisitor. Some how the guys using it claim to be playing inquisition.

TL:DR it is a joke list you triggerlypuff

Buff Orks and make them challenging.

Here's a new gimmick to help them compete, tellyportas.
Using Mek gibbunz they can teleport their shit around the board as a free move and charge.
Millions of special weapons in each squad.

It is. Also very shitty.

>let's ignore the fluff so I can powergame a little!

Here's part of my ghost ark

You know, since you have to base coat it, paint it, then assemble it because that's cool

I did a nice moot green highlight that really popped, looked at lot like the picture, then I made the mistake of doing a wash wish biel-tan, might highlight against to bring it up

The cron is very standard, it's hard to see because of the lighting but he's washed with a watered typhus corrosion, so he looks very dirty and rusted, but yeah the base is meh, what drybrush would you recommend for it?

I haven't played 40k or kept updated on it in about two years. Can someone give me a quick rundown on what all this new fluff is? Sounds like a lot of hoopla to me.