Confrontation Resurrection

Seems like Confrontation will live again !
The French publisher of CoC just published that.

Other urls found in this thread:

sans-detour.com/index.php/News/confrontation-resurrection-en-2017-sans-detour-ranime-la-flamme-des-batailles.html
beastsofwar.com/hybrid/golden-oldie-checking-hybrid-rackham-miniatures/
files.catbox.moe/0uginq.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OPHIDIANS BEST RACE

As a shameless bump, the announcement (in Frog) : sans-detour.com/index.php/News/confrontation-resurrection-en-2017-sans-detour-ranime-la-flamme-des-batailles.html

>publisher of CoC
Corruption of Champions?

Are they bringing the old sculptors back?
If so, get hype!

I hope so, but there's only some classic corp speak in the announcement, and the fact that I'll happen after the Ragnarok.

Fenoxo's really upping up the ante

Every time I see someone abbreviate Call of Cthulhu, I know someone will make this joke.

Confrontation is always back, never the same
People are still holding two different rulesets to keep playing, if I recall

I would like to see them really do this. As pointed out there have been "Resurrections" beforehand with Wrath of Kings and Drakerys for instance. What they need to do is cut the bullshit, give us beautiful metal figures accompanied by a stylized world. Also ensure that we can use our existing Confrontation minis as the Griffins, despite their age, still look like pure sex.

If they do follow through then this will be great. Unlike the other popular fantasy miniatures game which died after its name changed to "Age of", it would actually come back.

There is Confrontation EVO from what I recall. There is going to be an event for it at a nearby convention, so I may give it a shot.

Is Aarklash Legacy any good?

Is "publisher of CoC" an elaborate euphemism for a pimp?

Chain of Command?

Can someone who knows frog translate for us? Are they retconning Age of Ragnarok or giving any other details?

I assume that they mean Nos Games.

They still make new shit at Cadwallon, some of it is hit or miss but it's still heavily stylized.

>sans-detour.com/index.php/News/confrontation-resurrection-en-2017-sans-detour-ranime-la-flamme-des-batailles.html
It says;
Takes place after Ragnarok. The races are disorganized and are back on the new world of Aarklash for revenge and conquest.

Developed by people from the first hour(?) It's written with respect to the original world and continues on the offical background.

So sounds like a revamp where all your old stuff should be valid.

Seconding this. The Signum stuff is top notch.

Welp, time to start buying Confrontation recasts now that I actually have a motivation to paint them.

By the way, anyone try the RPG? Was the second book ever released in English?

Sessairs master race reporting in.

Deport all Drunes.

so I don't know much about Confrontation or it's setting, mind giving me an overview of it?

It is, or was, a fantasy miniatures game set in the world ofAarklash with a really rad fancy French aesthetic. There are a bunch of factions, representing your standard fantasy races and some others, all fighting towards an eventual apocalyptic war called the Rag'na'rok. It eventually happened in the setting, then Rackham went bankrupt after pissing off their fans, and that was it until now.

There are also a couple of video games, a RPG, a few board games made by Fantasy Flight Games, and Wrath of Kings which is the poorly advertised spiritual successor.

Wrath of Kings just has some of the Confrontation sculptors on board. It's not really a resurrection of any kind.

Definitely Griffons. I am glad to see that they are still kicking.

Holy shit, lol

Yeah, Griffons were the shit.

Love the way they look.

Hopefully this works out well. I'm sure my wife, and my wallet, would both hate it, but god damn if they make a solid game with good mechanics and sexy modela like the olden days I'll be all over this.

Now if someone would just bring back AT-43...

Acheron for me, I've yet to find more stylish undeads.

Massive fan of the whole, metal, range. Favorites Mid Nor Dwarves, Dwarves and both Wolfen and Devourers.

Hope they don't bring back the prepainted drek!!

Cheeky

bump

The only thing I know about this game is the 11/10 models

So... HOORAY?

Hopefully the new minis are up to snuff. If not I still have an excuse to use existing ones. I was looking for an excuse to collect Tir-Na-Bor anyways.

What dit they do to trigger the community ?

They switched from well hewn made in France metal figures with amazing studio paint jobs to pre-assembled low grade plastic figures painted by Chinese factory workers in order to "Expand our audience" with Age of Ragnarok. As you may guess the drop in quality was quite dramati. When you entire audience is in it for the minis there was a real loss of interest.

There is a lot more behind it including the company's buyout, general mismanagement, and Paulo Parente (Who went on to kill DUST as well), but that is the gist of it. The primer that has been put up says that they are going for hobbyists and are listening to the community, so it is safe to say that they won't repeat that mistake.

God damn I love those Elves.

Never in my life have I needed that one image macro with the guy getting knocked out by his boner shouting in japanese more than now.

I'll honestly say, despite how terrible the minis were, AoR was a much better game than the previous versions of Confrontation. It wasn't an amazing game by any stretch of the imagination, but it was still a step up.

I just want my retro-scifi gorillas back, damnit.

For once Parente wasn't really to blame. It was mostly Bey being an idiot and making all the wrong decisions.

This was probably the one time Parente's character failings worked in favor. His unability to give up his baby means Rackham had to slap a sci-fi coating on the project, and we got AT-43.

Man, I loved the weird units that the Cynwall had Echahims, Pulsars, Equanimous warriors.

Pic related, the Echahims.

I have to agree with you there. Confrontation was never especially well designed or balanced, but from what I played of the AoR two player starter set (Miniatures Market was offloading it for $8, don't judge me) it worked out fine. In the end if you want good gameplay and can deal with fugly figures you can just play Warmahordes or something.

Oh yeah, I've heard it started as a weird war project. Never made the connection.

AT-43 even stands for Alternate Timeline '43

I hope they bring back Hybrid. It would make a good KS project and back in 2003 is was ahead of its time in terms of design and quality. I wrote an article a while back about it for Beasts of War beastsofwar.com/hybrid/golden-oldie-checking-hybrid-rackham-miniatures/

Board games seem to be a priority with the reboot, so I am sure that something similar will pop up at least.

Yes
YES
I NEEDED THAT HYPE
TEMPLE OF THE NORTH STRONG

Soon, wolftits...

So what exactly is confrontation?

God damn, this game really does look like Cirque Du Soleil

See

Fantasy skirmish game set in the world of Aarklash. It also had a full blown Warhammer like game called Ragnarok, and rules for campaign play for skirmish, called Dogs of War. There was also a 2 player dungeon crawl game called Hybrid (see up a few posts), and also an RPG called Cadwallon.

Fk Yeas, fingers crossed for Tier 1 minis...

If they made stuff like this 10 years ago then I imagine that they can really impress with today's technology

So quick question as I think the cover art, art posted here, and the minis look pretty fuckin cool. Where do I learn more about the universe plus is it more a your dudes setting or just based around heroes?

Your troops in the skirmish game (and Ragnarok) are led by named heroes
From what I know, Dogs of War is the total opposide, kind of like Mordheim I believe ? You have a team of warriors growing in experience and skill over the adventures. I believe the system is compatible with Confrontation, so you can include them later too I guess.

For the universe, I have links and PDF but it won't be of much help if you can't read french...

You should check the actual books or the wiki for setting info. Here is the RPG which contains a decent amount about the setting, though focuses on the titular free city of Cadwallon. files.catbox.moe/0uginq.pdf

The game doesn't have customizable figures or anything. It has Dogs of War which is a smaller scale Mordheim esque deal which does have your dudes.

So would you guys rather see a full scale mass battle game, or a more skirmish focused game?

I'd like more skirmish like Dogs of War. I think it fits better for that 28-32mm scale.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to 15mm mass battle goodness.

So is Cadwallon legit? I've been wanting to order some stuff from there but i'm paranoid about ordering things online that aren't from ebay or amazon.

They are technically recasts. They do a bunch of original figures as well. But otherwise yes, you will get what you order from them.

Cool, time to pick up that Kyrus the Somber fig and a few other guys. So how's the quality on the recasts?

They buy/rescue the old molds when they can as far as I know.

So yea they're legit. They still cast a bunch of the metals in metal.

They are pretty good as far as sticking to the original quality. They even include stat cards and such, and occasionally throw in a resin base.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON...

I'm kinda split, because I'd actually like a return to about the AoR level, but wouldn't like the cost required for the old level of detail.

I miss those BDSM psycho wolves. Shurat was such a beefy model.

Ideally they would give us rules for regular Confrontation (The main one), Dogs of War, and Ragnarok so people can choose their engagement scale. I imagine that the board game will probably be some dungeon crawler or grid tactics deal that could handle smaller encounters. 15mm would miss the point of Confrontation honestly.

I just think for mass battles 28mm doesn't work super great. Then if they keep unit sizes fairly small it shouldn't be much of a problem.

It worked fine for Ragnarok and AoR, at least in my experience. Regular Confrontation, which will probably be what we will get, shouldn't be too big if you are worried about that. Like with Rackham originally I imagine that DoW and Ragnarok will be rolled out later. Just because Games Workshop can't get it together doesn't mean that all large scale rulesets are bad

Oh I know large scale games can work well. Kings of War and Wargods both show that, I just hope they keep the scale in mind and don't go too crazy(i.e. no 50+ model units on the table).

Either way I'm stoked.

I agree. It looks like it'll be skirmish and boardgame they will be going for. The main point being the stunning figures that just would not be the same in 15mm

Didn't we already get that from Wrath of kings ?

Yes. It doesn't hurt to have more of them as well.

Good news.
I'm a bit too cautious to be hype right now, but I'll keep my eyes on it.

If we're lucky we'll get new books for the Cadwallon jdr

Wait, did the french make mini with tits?
What about female?

Is there any hope that confrontation modelline are comming bag

I hope they make more Mid-Nor models, they were awesome

You can buy him at Cadwallon.

Same with a lot of Mid-Nor guys.

DAIKINEE BEST ELVES

Can any of you guys ID this model? I'm almost certain its from confrontation, and it looks like the zombies of acheron, and it's tab says RMI 02, but I can't find this figure in any of the galleries.

Crane Warrior

Apologies for the waste of time user, I decided to dig deeper, like I should have awhile ago when i got the mini. It's just a reaper mini, Ashkrpt to be precise. I did manage to get the three model set of zombies with it for like 4 dollars alltogether at a convention, so not a complete loss. Now to find some black paladins on the cheap, lol.

IS TIME FOR CRUSADING MERIN LO VULT!!!!

Pretty legit. They sent me an extra blister of elf archers, but misplaced the duelists i ordered. Also got a really moldline-y recast, but their own stuff is amazing.

There are a couple of topless women, but I don't recall any Wolfen with bare breasts

Just some lady wolf in thight leather.

I have an original version of the Dirz Dasyatis Clone. Damn good model.

If you cleaned up an original, and a recast, could you really tell the difference?

I think the Irix model was the closest we got to bare wolftitties.

Her previous Incarnation got some wet shirt.

Nope. I have cleaned up far worse recasts and they still look the same when painted.

I have some recast Dwarf Blunderbuss models. he give away is the metal. Rackham stuff is all lead and cleans up far more easily.

Has it been mentioned what kind of bases this new edition will use? Square, round? They had that pre-painted nonsense for a while so I'm not sure what is going on...