/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Totally canon edition
Tourists in Prospero sub-edition

Last thread

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

The Alpha Legion is a mistake.

That is what they want you to think

The Cabal did nothing wrong.

With HH books are worthy to read?
Now I'm reading Betrayer, before that I read Legion this was terrible.

The first three are brilliant, Scars is really good too.

Neither did Magnus

>magnus makes deals with deamons to save his legion
>magnus becomes emo and sentences his legion to death because he made a big mess

Magnus was a retard, only slightly less stupid then Russ.

Where does one get era-appropriate jump packs, other than FW?

When you and your mates buy FW stuff from china worth 1100 £ but only pay 300

today is a good day

What'd you get and how's the quality

Well, I guess Inferno did save us.
Saved us for three days straight, that is.

Enjoy your jagged edges

So, from what we've seen so far, is Inferno the worst HH book as far as layout, logical stucture, proofreading and such is concerned?

Worst black book.

Crusade Imperialis red book is worse.

Indeed. I have nightmares from Rights of War. If they fuck up Angelus, I will show them what the angels' mercy is.

Blood Angel Sanguinary Guard have MkIV Jump packs.
They come with wings, but those are easy enough to leave off.

I got me some more Night lords, my brother got his TS and the third guy got Sons of Horus..
the best deal id say was a leviathan with arms for 24$ and its looking preeeety guud, china man hade a sale.
Oh I will..
paying a quarter of the price for 90% of the quality sounds bretty gud to me

Thousand Sons in metallic red. Left or right?

Left

So is there no way to have more than one Primary and one Allied Detachment? Because slots start to get really cramped towards the 3.5k point mark, even with Reductor artillery squadrons I'm out of everything besides Elite slots. Are you just meant to take a billion Lords of War at 4k+ or something?

I like the more restrictive army building, on the whole, but it seems a bit odd I can take 6 Malcadors, 4 Knights or two Titans but no more than two squads of Vorax in Matrix of Ruin.

right

Left.

I like the more cherry red of the left one better.

Anybody got photos of the new mechanicum units rules?

Thanks bros. I saw these guys at the weekender, with a beautiful deep cherry red, and decided I wanted to repaint my meager TS force to something similar.

Left is Alclad Candy Ruby and right is Candy Red.

reddit

I've stayed away from warhammer for the past ten years so I could pursue more affordable hobbies like heroin. But those Custodes. I'm tempted I'm really tempted to be that guy and make a custodes army.

looks good indeed.

definitely right, left is too dark

I wanted to agree, but then I remembered this.

Normally I'd suggest the right one as it's warmer, but if you want to recreate the ones in the pic, the left one is spot on.
Also more pics are welcome if you have any.

I know about SG, but I'm late at the party as all the bitz stores sold them out.

The red book suggests Apocalypse after 3-4k mark.

Fucking hawt.

China man is based. Especially since he changed his resin. The new grey stuff is much better than the hard yellow he used to use.

Still not as good as FW resin, but for the price? Pretty hard to beat.

Ah, OK then. I guess if we didn't want to deal with all the Apoc rules we could just agree to take two FoCs, as well.

Does look like the Custodes get less good as the points scale up and everyone else gets more that can deal with them, then if you don't increase the FoC get better as everyone gets capped out and they can keep taking expensive and effective units instead of everyone elses chaff.

What do you think, would a Custodes force with only infantry and dreads be viable at all?

Scars is the shit.

Alrighty, trips decides what loyalist legion I play.

Hard mode: Can't be Imperial Fists.

Loyalist IW.

Raven Guard

Would you play against this /hhg/?
>Imperial Fists Tactics painted up as Black Templars to represent M31 Split and thus still using Legion tactics
>Still all mkIII armor
>Crusader cross on one pauldron, Fist Icon on the other.
>Siggy here painted up black as he was at the beginning of the first Black Crusade

Thoughts? Have BoP and love BT for 40k but want to get into HH too. It could also always be some really dedicated-to-the-Templar-brethren Fists if the timeline is too off for some.

What chinaman is that from?

Ultramarines?

Possibly, it won't be a cake walk. You'd always be outnumbered so grabbing objectives is always going to be hard. You've also got a notable range disadvantage and 1's always seem to show up at the worst times when you're getting cockslapped with bolter volleys.

>Have faith, Word Bearer

I'd play it.

Sure, but since everything was behind glass some didn't quite come out well.

It's not that expensive, considering how costly each unit is. Gold is fun to paint too, bling bling bang bang.

Paint your gold of choice around the spoons so we can judge properly.

Salamanders.

Wish I'd been able to get a better shot of this one, but one of the projectors made it impossible.

Crusade era Imperial Heralds.

Last one.

Dark Angels

>Not banana IF

Ofcourse ! Shooting at bananas isn't fun anyway :^)

Lemme make it easier dubs decides what Loyalist scum I play.

Hard mode: Can't be Fists

I would love to, but those are not my spoons. Each pot of Alclad candy is almost 10 euros, so I asked to try to minimize the chances I get fucked on the poorer red.

Since I'll be doing a gold base, the red will be slightly warmer than what's on those two spoons (silver base).

>trips
Fuck you, dubs take up half the threads as it is.
Space wolves.

100% sisters of silence.

Death Guard

Sure, I'm fine with it.

Firedrakes, IH breachers and phalanx warders lead by an IF running stone gauntlet.

Omega Legion

Only the GOAT loyalists

Which Knights are usable in 30k? Some dude is selling the GW Errant and I literally can't remember what versions are and aren't acceptable

Fuck, I was so close and almost all seven too.

Imperial Heralds.

Imperial Fists

At least use the high quality one

Try you hand again here

Woo! Black templar Fists it is then

WASTED

It's time

Fucking wasted those doubles

Hard mode was initiated. Dude said fists, cant be fists.

user will have to take his place amongst the sisters now.

War Hounds.

Chicken dinner!

Winrar. Dubs haveth thee decided. Rejoice! Rejoice! Although, I would have preferred if it was heresy-era

IT IS WELL DONE!

Thanks!
Can't see it in the pics, do you perhaps know what's the head used on that Guilliman?

Have no idea, sorry. He caught a lot of people's attention, but no one seemed to have an idea from where it was from.

>people complaining about memebubble
>you need to roll a nova(5/6), roll to enter from reserves(/w reroll), roll for scatter, roll to cast power, roll strength and then roll number of hits

36" 7 S:D is still a fucking bullshit, but it will fail more often than not. And yes, i'm aware that 4 S:9 is enough to wreck transports, but that's not why you are deepstriking your 500pts warlord into enemy army.

The cabal acted in their own interest.

Chaos dominated galaxy = bad for aliums
Human dominated galaxy = also bad for aliums

Chais and Humanity fucking each other up = aliums can survive in the niches of the universe

Or so they thought, because they're all dead by 40k and I'm fucking glad they they are. Eat shit, aliums, Imperator protegit.

>defending Magnus "Can't actually be attacked" the Red

In what book was this in again?

I was planning on posting this over the weekend driving but the hotel IP was blocked on Veeky Forums and it was a big of a mobile data black spot.

Pretty much everything from the weekender can be found online now but I did snap a pictures of the Adeptus Titanicus reference sheets.

That's why I like Biomancy so much more.

You are guaranteed a 36" S: D AP2 Assault 4 power 58% of the time, and if you roll Life Leech you get a 36" S: D AP2 Assault 2 power that restores wounds to Magnus 83% of the time.

Plus you end up with benedictions. Let the army handle blobs and shit, Maggi is here to pop the big zits and bath in their spraying green-yellow pus mouth open to taste their anger and sadness.

>ksons terminators are better than justaerin and less points
fucking why??

why do you think horus was terrified of the thousand soms?

>defending

As user above said, you can get Biomancy and wreck everything in melee while still being able to snipe units with ease.

>35ppm for 2w model with 2+/3++

Stop being a bitch until you actually play them on the tabletop user :)

with book and with page?

Psyker faggotry

On another not, anything about the SoH on prospero?

Book is enough so I can search through the ebook. However there are a fuckton of books and my ebook reader takes forever to load.

I'd say right.
What airbrush color are you using?

Not my spoons sadly. Left is Alclad Candy Ruby Red, right is Alclad Candy Red. Both are on silver bases.

Personally I'd do them on gold to warm up the color a tad. I'm asking because the paints are super pricy and I don't want to buy both.

So in a fairly casual meta, is it good to throw some bots into my Reductor army? Was thinking of a couple Castellax with wreckers and some Vorax to shore my line up against melee, so 1 Dominus with Machinator Array, whatever robots I want and Cortex Controllers on some of my other Magi. Will that horribly fail or can they perform competently without Cybernetica Cohort?.

Same conclusion here. Ayys are the cancer, Alpharius was made a fool out of the penultimate time.
He could've overturned the direction of the Heresy single-handedly.
>the rebellion on Olympia is suppressed before it begins, Iron Warriors remain loyal
>Curze doesn't return to his legion, thus they (probably) don't join Horus
I guess it was too late for Word Bearers, but
>Ferrus survives Isstvan, Iron Hands don't reeee
assuming Isstvan V happens.
>sack of Prospero likely prevented
>Betrayal at Calth prevented
>Ultramarines at full strength
>Blood Angels maybe timely avoid Signus
>Dark Angels don't become stranded in the Thramas sector
>IF Retribution Fleet at full strength
>Salamanders and Raven Guard don't get ninefold decimation
>Alpha Legion fully committed to the Emperor's cause