CYOA tron

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's been a while since we had an OP this shitty.

Last Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Someone post the gun cyoa

the what

Last thread died before I could ask:

What drives a person to make these posts? Or any other post that boils down to
>pls maek da cyao 4 me!
?

What drives people to complain about other people's builds?

Don't start threads if you don't know how.

>?
A lot of people here are used to being fans of things which are made for them by others commercially, so they get into the erroneous mindset that they deserve things that they want even though they don't feel like making them themselves, which is the actual point of these threads.

What drives people?

Doing your mom.

Probably the fear of death.

Small Patch to the latest version of Nemesis. Some typos and small changes, like an Achmage can use all the elements from elementalism and Full Pervert has elemental weakness (holy).

1/6

1/2

Freud please go and stay go.

3/6

4/6

5/6

6/6

Damn, this one is actually hard, because anything other than intrinsic magic kinda sucks. I don't want to use some kind of magic for a few hundred years and become accustomed to it, only to lose access to it after I inevitably die and reincarnate.
I guess my choices would be Vitality, Memory, Air, and Telepathy.

Vitality because I don't want to die because I got born into some shitty peasant family, and Memory because without it, you might as well be a whole other person after your reincarnate. Air because I want to have an /actual/ power, and air is everywhere, so it should be pretty strong. Plus, who wouldn't want to fly? And Telepathy is extremly useful no matter how you look at it.

Kinda have to wonder though, how would any wizard cause his world to wink out with these relatively low-power abilities?

The Journey
Infinite lifespan + eternal youth
Immunity to disease + regeneration

The build should be self explanatory. I'll journey through the multiverse with my immortality and regeneration. It shouldn't be too hard to find one where magic is possible for everyone, and then I'll git gud at it It's a shame that photographic memory wasn't possible, but there should be a world where I'll be able to get it somehow.

Do you have to take a Combo Effect if you don't want to but meet all the requirements?

No they are optional to take.

Here's a CYOA you can apply after any other CYOA.

Since Nemesis established we can flat out ignore the rules of other CYOAs, this one ignores Nemesis' rules.

I just added that combo effects are option to the description. I have had this question before so I might as well fix it.

This is unnecessary. You can do both of these without a CYOA and to me this seems mean-spirited. I have (what I think is) a balanced and fun anti-Nemesis CYOA that includes options and powers that can be added to a CYOA in order to combat your Nemesis.

I'll post it once it's done if anyone wants

How is this anymore mean-spirited than Nemesis itself?

I'm just playing by the same rulebook he is using.

Just last night I was arguing that future CYOA's would possibly be over powered to compensate for the possibility of nemesis builds, and here we are with a counter-nemesis cyoa not 24 hours after people were arguing about "muh radical freedumbs". eat shit naysayers.

>Waaah! I don't like people using CYOAs I don't like, that's not allowed!

Man, it really feels like this is the same shitposter that plagues /jc/. Same writing style and personality and all that.

It's cute, Angel, but you could just use the Sartre CYOA.

Great, thanks. Was going to say if you had to take them then it would mess up slime girl as it's also the same as twin soul.

Not even comparable. Remember that nemesis is a CYOA designed for you to bully other posters. To rape, cuck, kill, and generally ruin the fun of over people. Someone trying to fight against it, even if it's ineffective, cannot possibly be someone who wants to ruin other people's fun like that, because what they're opposing is something that does so.

The only winning move is not to play. Never engage with Nemesis posters. Actually, literally ignore them.

Are there rules for having kids?

>tfw i wanted to take the money perk but due to taxes id get fucked regularly

I understand Angel's autism, but why do rational beings oppose the Nemesis CYOA? It's just a CYOA that happens to use other player's builds as enemies.

Speaking of new CYOA's, would anyone be interested in a meta-CYOA that let's you choose how you approach other CYOA's? Maybe it's just my autism speaking, but I have a hard time enjoying cyoa's that basically turn me into an entirely different person (like Dream Princess or the Battle Mage cyoa), so I like to pretend that the me that's playing the CYOA is a future-me in a world where experience machines exist and there's no issues with continuity of consciousness to plague me with fear of actually being dead.

I'm going to ask you something and I want you to answer me honestly. What is "/jc/"?

RP is shit. RP where someone is specifically trying to rub your face into how they're raping or killing you or otherwise fucking you over is even shittier. It's like that disgusting and annoying kid in class trying to get your attention and smearing his boogers on your desk.

It's the idea that well, they have literally made a character to go and kick the shit out of yours.

It also has a very high power level compared to many small CYOAs so it's like someone coming in and god-modding all over another CYOA.

I don't, personally, think that sort of interaction is really a great idea without people actually agreeing that it's cool between them.

Dream Princess just gives you a dream alter ego that you become in your sleep, it doesn't actually change "you" (in the sense of "who you are as a person", beyond how people are changed by their experiences and such).

>Trying to think up gifts and treats for the player
>Get stuck

>Thinking up drawbacks and punishments
>Have like 70 in my head

Anyone else know this feel?

Because a number of the people who play it do so specifically to spite other CYOA players. Not just Angel. They're gleeful shitposters, and by thier own admission they post Nemesis builds to ruin the fun of others. They may not be a majority, but they're vocal when they're here and Nemesis gives them an outlet.

Really, it's just tacky. I think Nemesis would actually have been a fun CYOA if you took the cross-CYOA aspect out of it, but in its current state it's just troll fodder. So I ignore Nemesis builds entirely, and encourage others to do the same.

On the whole Melee Expert and Range Combat being underwhelming, why not make a Skills section and put them there, along with Tinkering and Piloting, and have us pick one. Don't forget to mention that this does take place in a science-fantasy-superhero setting with access to implants, crazy swords and crazier guns. No need to go in-depth, just a mention that taking melee does come with implants and training to make it worthwhile.

Isn't there one where you're actually a reincarnation of a princess? That's the one I was thinking of.

Hopefully the theme of my cyoa makes sense still. A lot of CYOA's have shaky premises, my desire isn't to alter the actual content, but to give realistic lead-in's to the CYOA so you could feel like it was a real possibility rather than a total fantasy that may or may not come with a slice of technical death.

Why all this irrational hate against Nemesis? Its just a CYOA, some people like to have fantasies about raping, cucking, killing and fucking people. They can have their fantasies and you can have your fantasies, its just fantasies. Nothing is cannon, you can just ignore people if you want to, no one is stopping you.

On a side note If I ever get the energy to make a Rival DLC for nemesis with "NPC rivals", Ill make sure to include Angel as a Rival.

The one where you have all the different parts and you have the sectors you want to appeal to? If so, I know the one you're talking about but I can't find it.

>Why all this irrational hate against Nemesis? Its just a CYOA, some people like to have fantasies about raping, cucking, killing and fucking people.
>On a side note If I ever get the energy to make a Rival DLC for nemesis with "NPC rivals", Ill make sure to include Angel as a Rival.

Self awareness isn't your strong suit, is it?

okay! i'll keep doing it then

>Isn't there one where you're actually a reincarnation of a princess? That's the one I was thinking of.
That'd be Royal Revival, by Beri. It basically doesn't change who you are, either (beyond getting flashbacks from your previous life).

Because said fantasy involves posting about ruining the fantasies of other people.

Maybe a solution would be for players posting their builds made in any CYOAs that are not Nemesis to, at the end of their build, add an open challenge for others to make a Nemesis build against it should they be up for some PvP.

If this became a widespread practice, making a Nemesis build against such builds should rustle no one's jimmies, and builds made against ones lacking this open challenge could, as you suggest be considered rude and ignored.

Of course, we should bear in mind this is Veeky Forums, so in the end of the day, trolls will be trolling no matter what.

Or we could just ignore it all like before.

>7 perks
1-2] Change appearance at will;
3-4] Charismatic and thought read ;
5] 2x Lifespan;
6]Immunity to disease ect.
7]1000USD income;

I will go journey throught the world fucking a lot of chicks, exploring, learning and having fun.

Than I would die.

The whole premise of your cyoa is "go be a giant asshole and fuck peoples shit up" and it's blatantly pvp, which if you had actually added a page or two of nemesis to select then it wouldn't be, but you didn't. You've purposely made it to mess with other cyoas powers admitted by yourself so how can you be so dense as to say that people have an irrational hate for a cyoa made specifically to fuck with their fantasies?

Next time you do so, I'll create the real general and yours will sink to the 10th page faster than you can say "I don't know how to link to a different thread"

Saber CYOA when?

>What is "/jc/"?
Every once and a while a specific CYOA from the general gets really popular. This annoys a large number of people in the general, because apparently discussing builds and such for a single CYOA is a bad thing, so they boot the CYOA out to its' own thread.
These threads go on to form their own cultures, posting habits, etc. They are generally made fun of by the CYOAgeneral for...some reason. Several CYOAs have had this happen to them over the years, all of them eventually fell apart.
/jc/ has lasted for three fucking years.

I don't like this meme.

10/10 applying quagsire to everything

that's fine all we need to know is Saber CYOA when?

Intrinsic Stars
Intrinsic Human Shapeshifting
Intrinsic Fire
Intrinsic Inspiration

Fire is so I have some personal protection in a fight or against magic or spirits.

Teleportation + Shapeshifting + Luck would allow me to start acting as a new persona on the other side of the world almost instantly. Inspiration has a downside in this, since I'd be more trackable, but it's countered by Luck I think. I'd depend on followers to get most things done when violence or brute force is needed, Inspiration + looking like some trustworthy local via Shapeshifting would be able to get almost anyone onto my side I think.

Mostly I'd just enjoy myself and take it easy on my adventures.

Among things I considered but didn't take, Memory isn't too important since I'd still get enough for my reincarnations to be meaningful continuations of myself, Vitality would be cool but dying isn't actually as big a deal as normal, Sun would go great with my build but I think Inspiration trumps it, and an intrinsic Familiar that stays with me from life to life, and maybe even reminds me of who I was, would be nice but I took the personal satisfaction of Shapeshifting over that.

>Nemesis is a "go be a giant asshole and fuck peoples shit up" fantasy.
Yes? And? If me or someone else wants to fantasize about stuff like that whats the problem? Are you gonna thought police people and tell them what they can and can't fantasies about? If you don't like hearing about a fantasy someone else has, just ignore them. Its not like a nemesis character will forcefully enter your mind and rape and cuck you.

I assume you only start with those things. Besides, it doesn't actually give any hard numbers on how big and hot a fireball you can throw and things like that.

Raven is OP first pick. I would do that and Portfolio.

d gaems :^)

Banned because of an argument in 3, 2...

Okay, but what if as your nemesis I am part of the game realm before you enter and not an invader after you've made your choices.
You can hardly reject or enslave all antagonistic elements in your story now can you?

>OC

You probably don’t remember, but I promised to make my CYOA around this time. Well, here we are. And so my struggle with balance continues.
I probably didn't try hard enough with the whole “Greater Good” and “End justifies the means” thing. Or maybe I overdid it, I can never tell.
I did everything I could do make text more readable than it was in the WIP. Sorry if it was not enough.
Either way, this is a good CYOA, I think. I really enjoyed making it. Hopefully you’ll like it too.

Hey there Timmy, nice to see you taking a break from jumpchain!

Does anyone have Most Wanted CYOA?

Ah shit son, here comes the end of reality.

Actually, I get the vibe you're the JC shitposter trying to cause inter-thread shitposting like you did on Christmas before everyone told you to fuck off. What's the matter? Having trouble causing drama in their thread alone?

Now he started talking to himself. Comedy gold.

Ok you're too dense to talk to.

Not the user you replied to, but please allow me to contribute.
Let's look at this in terms of free speech, because I'm American. As you say, there's no problem with someone making a post about how their Nemesis build is going to do a bunch of bad things to someone else's build for a different CYOA. In the exact same way, there's no problem with someone voicing hate towards such builds or the CYOA that caused them. You jested that one can't police thoughts, but it seems like you're trying to quell differing voices yourself. It's one thing to ask, " Why don't you like X?" It's another to say, "That reason is silly and unrealistic. Are you going to do something inpossible & oppressive?" Basically, your first post: is fine (albeit calling those with differing opinions irrational off the bat is pretty rude). Your second post: is needlessly hostile. Your advice to tell people to just ignore Nemesis builds they don't like is good, but why don't you hold yourself to the same standard and allow people to dislike your CYOA without being so hostile towards them?

Sorry if this post itself is coming across hostile. You just seemed a bit too aggressive (impolite) in defending your CYOA.

My personal views on the CYOA are:
1)The premise of harming anyone else just doesn't appeal to me. I can ignore it without a 2nd thought. I have no problem with other people enjoying it.
2) The CYOA is, however, a cause for some anons to victimize or persecute others. The thread doesn't need to be a hugbox, but this still fosters a bad atmosphere.
3) If application of your CYOA hurt the appreciation & enjoyment of a CYOA I made myself, I would be bothered, & with every right to be upset. Of course, the only valid course of action would be to 1-up your CYOA with an anti-nemesis CYOA with improved graphics & mechanics, but I also feel that would be a bit petty (even if done solely to defend other CYOAs), so I'm thankful it hasn't had such impact yet.

“Secret” page which you should read after you finished making your build. Or not. You can do whatever you want, it’s not like I can force you or anything.

And here’s Blood Magic CYOA for the other side of the coin.
It’s not updated, but I used a different level of compression for it this time, so it should be clearer and easier to read.

whenever you shut the fuck up.

People's capacity to get angry at anything is fucking amazing.
Getting mad at people for using your build like they're actually harming your self insert in its own little reality is silly, it's what we were mocking the angel poster for doing.

A build is just a list of choices you'd make. It's not a character in any story but the one in your head. Nobody is writing a continuous canon that nemesis posters are ruining, everybody can just do their own thing and you can ignore each other freely.

user people are pretending to be angel to get attention, this has been going on for like a year now at minimum

>The CYOA is, however, a cause for some anons to victimize or persecute others.
Help help this CYOA is oppressing me!

We could. But we (as in the whole board) probably won't.