Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Ghostkeels are balanced edition

Unbalanced thread >Dank Dweekend Duncan Delivery
youtube.com/watch?v=JOG488IWsow

> 40k reference in wiki format
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Someone please tell Lorgar to calm the fuck down, we don't have his lost book)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pSO0Tdr0kDs?t=1091
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you shmucks are so lazy

it's a meme friend

I've been meaning to ask this for well over a year, where the fuck did that stupid face from the OP image come from?

Its become part of the general at this point

Fifth for Aeldari master race.

If you had to be part of the Tau or The Eldar which would you choose?

In the Grimdarkness of the Grimdarkness there is only Grimdarkness

How many heretics does a space marine have to kill before he feels sorry for them?

I have fifty dollars left on my necron budget

Dubs decides what unit I buy and play with

>please make it fun

Eldar I guess

All of them

More warriors

Tau, where the young live good and the old go to war. And so i can be an edgey dirtbag and watch our stormsurges get demolished by rhinos while planted.

Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia while not being part of the ruling party? You know how stupid that question sounds

Monolith :^)

Tomb Blades

Playing some casual games at the LFG. Is this list any good or will i be shot down rather fast? Getting the angels of death supplement later this week so I'm not sure if its even legal to run.

But user I already have 3 units of ten in arks

Surely that's enough

Scarabs

wraiths and a lord
or an annihilation barge, for vehicle and extra overlord

You motherfucker

Pariahs.

Dingdingding

Not bad.

>being Tau
>being Eldar
It can only end horribly wrong. I guess maybe Edar so I can be a Warlock.

>Pick Tau
>Become fire warrior
>Kill myself
Its the only honorable path- killing myself as an eldar is playing right into the Ynnari shitters hamds.

Tau, easily.

Eldar, specifically a craftworld.

Pros
>do whatever the fuck I want as a legit career option
>If I ever get bored I can just change jobs
>hot women
>wuz elves and shiet
>civilian soldiers, when necessary, actually get taken care of where possible/get given a wheel of cheese bike
>if ever I want to go out and get real fucked up I can become a kickass pirate or join the BDSM club

Cons
>die without protection and Slaanesh rapes your soul for eternity
Okay this actually applies to all beings with souls
>but Eldar are aware of it and secretly like it

I already have nine from all the warriors

Oh well kek has spoken... better buy another box of warriors

Dubs decides what the second purchase for my nid army is

Pyrovores!

Forgeworld mega bio monster thing

Does anyone know who the guy on the left is?

Warriors

that was quick

Oh shit, im so sorry man i was trying to be funny. Didnt think it would actually happen.

Maybe you can put them in a spore or a pipeline or something...

What have you done

This might be the first time someone buys a pyrovore in forever

Ebay is your friend because you'll get a LOT more.
Like, 20 more bases.

me

Tell him he could build them as Biovores

It's the only way to salvage it

IM FUCKING DONE user IM CRYING FROM LAUGHTER YOU BASTARD

Any suggestions for modifying my Kill Team list?

Wanted something fun but not OP

fuck, forgot pic. Fancy interactive captcha distracted me

15 scouts

>20 bases of scarabs
>run two maxed out canoptek harvests
>the look on your opponents face when they eat literally anything they touch if they make it into CC at full health

God dammit how the fuck do i even work with resin

Fun

Alright. Explain what a soul is and why Necron want it back.

You scrub it with a steel wool until nothing is left in your hand and then call GW for another one.

That 'Finecast' crap always bugs me, its warped in the package, tons of bubbles and a million hours of cleaning, the materials too light and its shit holding the mold, not only that but GW answer to all the molding problems is "buy green stuff", doesnt GW make enough bad decisions?

me

New tyranid scrub again. What do you guys think about the start collecting box for Tyranids. also what about the brood box with the tervigon?

does it come with a codex and rule book?

The brood box is amazing as you get the tervigon and some gants to spawn for the price of the tervigon

no, but i have a rulebook and bought a used tyranids 6th ed codex off a guy for super cheap

This may be the first time i go against the will of kek just because i dont feel like having to deal with that shit

I have a Finecast necron lord, and that was enough bullshit for one miniature.

I opted out and got the Overlord from the command barge and thank god i never had an easier time with an HQ model...

Aw shit he's back

How do this cute little guys do in a casual apoc setting?

>friend wants to sell me a new genuine FW one on the cheap

BUT WHAT ABOUT DOOM RIDER?

>Gone but not forgotten

Converting Necron characters is real easy too. Praetoran/lychguard box and spare body and legs go most of the way to making lords/overlords/crypteks.

ebay metal ones
convert 'vores out of hive guard or warriors

pick your poison, and then play zone mortalis where pyrovores are somewhat playable

I'm getting nemesor zandrekh, his bodyguard, and that unique cryptek who turns into a c'tan all at the same time, all resin, I think I'm going to fucking kill myself

> Killed by a Deredeo in 1 round of shooting
That's pretty much the only thing I know about it. I don't even know what it does, or what it can do. I just know my Deredeo killed it in one round like it does to most things.

I'm just not even sure its worth the effort man i'm thinking about asking if people would like to actually just reroll this

> No Strength value listed
So... Automatically remove from play the moment he goes on the board, due to having a Strength of 0?

Absolute newbie to 40k here.

Few friends are getting into it. I think I may check it out as well.

Armies I am interested in include Mech/Skitarii, Grey Knights and Necrons. Are these competative right now and what are their playstyles like?

Also I have an old blood angels army I got from a friend like 6 years ago. How do they play.

Should I wait to buy anything and just use blood angels until this whole fall of Cadia thing cools down?

I don't know if the game is any good or not check
I hope it would be at least as fun as Dawn of War 1

You could make that out of 11 wraith models :^)

Yea Ive seen people using models like that, i got an old eldar power fist on my lord for a GoF

ADmittedly, Nemesor And Vargaurd Obyron would be the only two necron models Id actually buy and deal with in finecast. But for Orikan, you could mix together some parts from a Preatorian and warrior onto a Cryptek body, Warriors open hand arm to grasp the staff and clip the legs to bend, use the spines from the praetorians to make the tail and use a deathmark head and do some carving. Orikans normal model has a lot more stuff on it though so, I just hope he doesnt come with his arms already on his model...

It not getting reanimation protocol does hurt it, but that's pretty impressive seeing as its T7 with W3 and a 3+

WORTH.

youtu.be/pSO0Tdr0kDs?t=1091

That game is surprisingly entertaining to watch

If you're familiar with the total war series then yes.

Any suggestions for a poor harlequin player? That shit's expensive points wise. What's the best way to optimize besides just allying DE and spamming raiders as transports?

I just know it does massive battles like Dynasty warriors or GOAT pic related

That is for T, W and HP

So, my dreams of a sisters revamp has essentially been killed, yeah?

If you want models on the cheap then see if you can find the Death masque sprues on Ebay, or find a friend to split the box with. It's how I kept costs down. You're SOL if you want Shadowseers/Solitaires though.

>optimizing
The optimum way is probably to not take many Harlequins at all. Honestly just play what you like. The Starweaver is a fine transport, though. Stuffing clowns in Raiders isn't worth the time.

Yeah, the game is good, especially if you like Total War. The reason why you see it rated so negatively on Steam though is because most of the races are locked behind fucking paywalls. Mark my words, Dawn of War 3 will end up being pretty good but since there's going to be a barebones army selection at launch it will catch a ton of flak. I like supporting vidya developers that make fun games but you and me are probably better off just pirating digital 40k stuff.

What do you think of my ALPHA LEGION tournament list for an upcoming 2k tournament.

(not pictured: fire raptor with autocannon upgrades, the builder does not have the fire raptor for some reason?)

Thats a great game

It is no longer the Dweekend, friend.

It's worth it for the $12, just be warned that greenskins, vampire counts, dwarves, and empire are the only playable factions with just the core game. There are a few free dlcs that add heros and brettonians come out for free later this month. Also, the bundle seems to imply that the dlc might be given out as well later in the month. As for mods, you MUST get Conquer Anywhere & Diplomatic Options and Defensive Wood Elves to get around some serious flaws.

Have you played Epic 40k? If so, did you enjoy it?

See? I like this better than their super formation. All that really does for you is give you +1 to your cultists roll and shrouded first turn. And while shrouded turn one is awesome, that formation is super restrictive. You can still get the good bonuses in a CaD like this, and chosen as troops are so much better than marines.

But it needs the emperors finest crates to really shine.

I would drop the terminators and rhinos to better kit out the chosen with special weapons so that when you outflank them, it's 5 plasma or melta straight into the rear of your opponent

like ten years ago, yes

it's an excellent game if you can find people to play

>pay cheap for the game
>still have to buy the overpriced dlc
thanks doc

Anyone play genestealer cults here? Got an upcoming 2000pt game and just cannot find any lists or videos on how to play them at higher points. The subterranean uprising seems like it may be a waste at high points but it's also hard to throw in a acolyte iconward into a HQ detachment.

I have a ton of eldar. (like 12 titans even)

Do you know of good websites to play other people?

>dont buy the dlc

gee that was hard.

Where can I find a bunch of example color schemes other than ones in Eldar codex? I hate all the codex colors.

no, I've only ever played with physical models

Rate my commander kitbash, please.

>wanting a half-baked game

>KUF The Crusaders
Muh Nigga.

I misspoke. I meant for people to meet up. Like, are you on the eastern seaboard of the United States of Americuck?

Carve out the faces features some more