/swg/ Shipfag-Approved-Space-Combat Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

>Not Corellian sky penis edition

>Not Corellian sky penis edition
It's times like these that make me wish for the ability to edit old posts, but then it wouldn't be Veeky Forums.

Third for Mongo Beefhead Tribesmen.

Just think... some people in this thread believe that diplomats have no place in Star Wars!

How would you stat Clone Trooper armor as opposed to Stormtrooper armor in FFRPG?

What makes you think it would be any different?

Heavy battle armour if you think the differentiation means anything, laminate if you don't.

Laminate with some equipment/gear variations I think. I think most gear is the same, certainly the utility belts with the rappel lines and such.

Clone Troopers are just Stormtroopers of the prequels. From a mechanical standpoint, leave them the same.

Funny how she never did a single diplomatic thing in the entirety of Star WARS dumbass. This is a setting for fighting/smugglin/flying/and hunting not for senators and politics and shit.

In Rebels, Rex credits his survivability to his old Clone armor over the inferior new stuff.

It's really quite impossible to distinguish that from any other "back in my day" grumble.

It's also useless to have a difference in the tabletop game. You can still fluff it as if it's better, but you want clones and stormtroopers dying at about the rate of plot anyway.

>dares to tell me what doesn't belong in Star Wars
Okay... then my waifu.

Forged in Battle has Imperial Storm Commando Armor. I planned to have a squad of them harass my players. I know for a fact that one of them will try to even the odds a bit by tracking down Republic Commando armor. I want to be prepared for this by having the stats for both.

X-wing rules question

2 TIE swarms are shooting at eachother, both PS4 with Howlrunner.

The squad with initiative shoots and kills Howlrunner.

I'd howlrunner removed before or after the squad that doesn't have initiative shoots?(Does she still give the rerolls)

To the guy who was asking about integrated holsters a few threads back.

Hard points: 2 increases encumbrance by 4, store 2 weapons of encumbrance 3 or lower in armor, while stored negate encumbrance.

Mods: 2 add black to perception to find checks, 3 additional weapon, 1 quick draw talent mod.

Herschlag was shit and guess what her best parts involved wearing tights and firing a blaster not being a boring ass diplomat.

Yeah I know right. I bet all those guys whose favorite character is bail organa or Duchess Satine is super pissed about now.

The exact wording of simultaneous attack rule is:
> all ships with a pilot skill value equal to the active ship have the opportunity to attack before being destroyed. If a ship would be destroyed and it has the same pilot skill value as the active ship but has not had an opportunity to attack yet, it is not destroyed.

Since Howlrunner does not have the same PS, I interpret this as him being removed as usual and not giving the re-rolls. Which is odd and kinda goes against the spirit of the rule (in a friendly casual game I'd allow him to stay), but I guess exact wording count more in official play.

>him

Huh, didn't know that.

Just think, some people in this thread believe that diplomats have no place in Star Wars

Now if only they made Howlrunner a pilot for an actual Howlrunner.

That thing looks like an iClicker with wings.

Just got the book in. Anyone want a quick rundown?

That's what you get when all of Incom's best designers defect to go form Frei-Tek.

The prequels gave us George Lucas' greatest gift: absolute proof that Natalie Portman is a bad actress. The downside is she doesn't get cast much any more despite being hot.

>Anyone want a quick rundown?
What kind of question is that? Of course we do.

What do Toydarians have to do with galactic diplomacy?

Yes please.

How are the modifications looking? The armour's been floating around for a while but no word on the attachments.

Also good work user

start scanning that thing

Funnily enough, I have a player making a Toydarian merchant for an upcoming game.

>rothschilds bow to the Bogdanoffs
>in contact with aliens
>rumoured to possess psychic abilities
>control france with an iron fist
>own castles and banks all over the world
>direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>own basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth
>first designer babies will be Bogdanoff Babies
>both brothers said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>These are the Bogdanoff twins
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are 67 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human.
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe
>The Bogdanoffs will guide humanity into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

>quick rundown
Bogdanoffs bow to the Hutts

But seriously, I would love a picture of the Operator page.

Bogmind

Bail a true bro

Need to look at specializations a little more, new blasters are a sniper rifle and a riot gun, grapple gun also stated as well as a new flame projector, wrist rockets exist now as well as a mini rocket pistol, there is a repulsor cannon (seems interesting), stun baton and ion baton, armored drop suit, hunter's trophy armor, fucking mando armor, marked-target lock, shock attachment to melee and brawl, under-barrel rocket launcher, integrated holsters, rocket launcher armor attachment, repulsor field dor armor, tracking system, rocket boots, scanning and tracking gear, new stimpack, ig-88s ship, mando fighter, 2 pirate fighters, lancer-class pursuit craft, YV-666, New Goznati, space mines, ship prisons, bounty hunter investigation advantage chart and typical bounty prices and augments to prices depending on characteristics of the hunt, and bounty hunter exploits that act similar to the battle scar system from forged in battle.

The call that saved LucasArts

I can't ignore Bobas weird pose on the cover. He's almost sticking his foot into the jetpack exhaust.

What are the specialization skills for the Operator, if you don't mind?

I still don't get it. Can you give us a basic gestalt?

Integral holsters (posted above), Micro rocket launcher (self explanatory), repulsor assisted lifting (bonus encumbrance), Tracking System (roughly analogous to the goggles from EtU)

Astro, Gunnery, Pilot (Ground) Pilot (Space)

Let me charge my old camera and walk my dog. My phone camera is shit and i dont want to post blurry pictures

>Bogdanoffs bow to the Hutts
>in contact with aliens
>rumoured to possess psychic abilities
>control tattooine with an iron fist
>own spaceports and banks all over the galaxy
>direct descendants of the ancient sith blood line
>will bankroll the first spice dens in Hutt space (Nal Hutta will be be the first city)
>own basically every DNA editing research facility on Kamino
>first military clones will be Hutt Babies
>both brothers said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient Jedi scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Coruscant and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>These are the Hutts
>They own Kuat Systems Engineering labs around the galaxy
>You likely have TIE fighters inside you right now
>The Hutts are in regular communication with the Jedi Masters Yoda and Obi-Wan, forwarding the word of the Force to the Rebel Alliance
>They learned fluent Bocce in under a week
>The Trade Federation entrusts their credit reserves with the Hutts. There's no credits in Muun, only Tattooine
>The twins are 670 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base Corellian
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe
>The Hutts will guide the Republic into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

Thanks guys.

For fuck sake I just want a pilot spec that gets Melee and ranged light

Why would a pilot spec have those?

Jousting?

is Sabine a dexfag?

>For fuck sake I just want a pilot spec that gets Melee and ranged light
No-rules Podracing.

You ever have one of those days where every motherfucker keeps trying to board you?

I can't think of a logical reason, I just want to play a pilot that likes smacking people around instead of shooting them. I don't really get why Bounty Hunters get both piloting skills but not melee.

>I can't think of a logical reason
You will when Han Solo tries hijacking your ride.

>You likely have TIE fighters inside you right now

Fetch me a drafting board, some lesai and a VHS copy of Innerspace!

We have work to do!

Podracing. That guy is Jake Lloyd.

Because wars don't involve politics or treaties, right?

That shit happens offscreen in good Star Wars movies dumbass

>everything has to be exactly like the movies
You're dumb. A political campaign would work fantastically in the Starwars universe in pretty much any period. A campaign based around growing the rebel allance via diplomacy and assassination would be loads of fun.

My current party is 50% diplomats (of one sort or the other) and it works fantastically.

Anyone got a GR-75 Deckplan?

They have decks? Plural?

Sounds completely boring and lame as shit nor does it fit the Star Wars aesthetic.

They will for what I'm planning.

Well, you're allowed to have your opinions, regardless of how wrong they may seem to me or anyone else.

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I don't really know where else I could turn.

Having recently completed a short campaign of Heroes of Arturi Cluster, I re-installed X-Wing Alliance and have now tried creating a custom mission for it. So far I have gotten most things working through trial and error (and the AlliEd's manual), but I have run into a problem with hypering between regions. When the ships hyper into a new region they seem to always hyper in at coordinates 0, 0, 0, instead of arriving at the nav beacon. The final waypoint of the Hyper to Region command seems to set the entry point, but none of the waypoints seems to set the exit point. Since the 0, 0, 0 coordinates seem like a default value I think I'm probably not inputting an exit point, but I can't figure out how it is set.

I am using the AlliEd for mission editing, if that is relevant.

Is there a way to export character sheets from OggDude's generator as PDFs that I'm not seeing?

Download a program called CutePDF, print, and use that as the printer. Wait a few seconds, and it'll generate a PDF instead of printing.

So My AoR PCs need to go to Byss, so far they've nearly killed themselves well, most of them, one decided it would be best to get what he needed and ditch the rest of the party when shit hit the fan rather than go help getting the means to reach Byss, both Byss's specific coordinates and an astrogation program that should, in theory, allow them to go anywhere in the deep core with as much ease as travelling anywhere else in the known Galaxy. But is there anything else they should be doing to prepare before going off? I assume Byss's security is such that dropping into Byss's orbit just out of the blue will get them shot on sight. Any ideas on what else they should be doing first?

It's practically like Endor, have them steal a shuttle and some clearance codes

Operator stuff plz, and maybe the backgrounds?

No, no. Not a shuttle. Byss is a whole planet, much like Coruscant - the logistics must be insane. Yes, there are clearance codes and customs and passes to get your ship to the surface, but a shuttle isn't necessary. The thing about poetry is that it RHYMES. It isn't just the same word over and over, it's a similar one.

So skip the shuttle, have them instead commandeer a ship importing drinking water or grain.

Should of just left it at "seems to me" since I doubt anyone else gives a shit about diplomats and shit in Star WARS.

Obviously enough people care about having a party face that the class made it though focus testing.

>Stop liking what I don't like!

Sure there's probably gonna be some guns involved at some point but intrigue is a huge part of Star Wars, both in at least half the films and also a wide variety of other sources.

In X-wing now, is there a counter to mindlink? looking at tournament reports, i see nothing but Mindlink, Shadowcasters, and Dengaroo everywhere.

Does empire have a way to deal with Asajj+Fenn+Manaroo with a tie swarm? Does any epire list have a solid answer to it?

>guy you're arguing with concedes
>continue pressing it and acting like a massive fagmeister

What was Veeky Forums's favorite ship? Legends counts as well for this.

Mine is the Viscount. tl;dr mon cal bariant of the death star.

Fightercraft:
>X-Wing or Cloakshape

Freighter:
>Loronar Explorer or Citadel freighter

Capital/Cruiser:
>CR90

>What was Veeky Forums's favorite ship?
YT-2000

>Legends counts as well for this.
>Implying it wouldn't.

And yet clones go down just as fast as stormies. Filoni is just a big cloneboo.

Best girl all year, every year since 1977.

Pretty much this. Both. Clone Wars and rebels are extremely mook heavy in general. It will be amazing if any of Phoenix squadron survives to join red or blue

Stress givers I guess, though it's not like any of those ships struggle for green move options and they'll still all get focus if you only get a single stress on any of them. For Rebels that means probably a Y-wing with R3-A2 and TLT, for Empire probably a crew carrier with rebel captive. For specifically a TIE swarm related solution, anything that disallows or bypasses dice modification I guess like Dark Curse, Wampa, Omega Leader and the like.

She made friends with the Ewoks. And she knew Lando was up to something.

Best-Wing

X-wings are and forever will be best starfighter design.

My favourite capital ship is the Nebulon B, I dont even know why. It's a dumb design but I love it to death. CR90s are a close second.

Fighter:
>X-wing (Both T-65 and T-70 and probably the T-85 when I see it), honorable mentions to the A-wing, TIE Interceptor, Clawcraft, TIE Defender, and N-1

NEETbox:
> Luxury 3000 with Quadjumper, YT-2000, Zeta class cargo shuttle, and J-type Star Skiff as runners up.

Capital Ships:
>Super Star Destroyer, and then MC80B, Imperial Light Cruiser, Imperial Interdictor, Hapan Battle Dragon, and Resurgent/Finalizer.

>Engineer's Log, fifth(?) day of design

>Latest demand from Sienar HQ has proven utterly insurmountable. The TIE Micron, a starfighter measuring 0.72 by 0.88 nanometers, simply cannot be done.

>The last inspirational visit from the Chief resulted in a series of breakthroughs between sessions of painting his tongue in booster blue and beating the former project leader about the neck and elbows with a hydrospanner full of 13 year old Lutrillian port for "not getting the noise right."

The model prototype is almost complete, but stern insistance that "Recon models must have two pilots. Get two men in there!" has made things overly challenging for R&D to complete the project. The first two pilots suffered grievous injuries from embarkment process which has been made out of the facility's garbage compactor. Conversely, the third floor kitchen is now uninhabitable due to dianoga living among the discarded novajack sachets and other base detritus.

>Being that we have only managed to fit a single pilot thus far into the prototype, and have yet to create an original placement of the TIE panels, it is likely the plan will be cancelled. Rath's dream of picking on Hydrogen molecules for being "Prevalent little bastards" will have to wait a few more years until more efficient means of embarking pilots can be made.

Bogposting leads to Raithposting: memes truly are a reverse Ouroborous if you will, a snake going up its own asshole forever and ever.

uglies > production ships

>never checked out the writefag link up top since I assumed it would be the average Veeky Forums Imp-wank
>see that name

Yub yub commander.

Aww yuss.

Hey anons, my friends and I want to try out one of the SW RPGs, and I've heard one's for Rebels, one's for Bounty Hunters and Criminals, and one's for Jedi, right?

Yep.