/gbg/ - Guild Ball General

>What is Guild Ball
Guild Ball is a 30mm skirmish game featuring medieval mob football produced by Steam Forge games. The same people making the Dark Souls board game.

>Rules. All rules are up for free including the individual models
steamforged.com/resources/

>How to play
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRosiamZQJZSZEpNH5W1yHe1QcdlVJvkH

>Information on how to pick a faction
diceotfirstdegree.blogspot.com/2016/09/step-3-into-guildball-choosing-your.html
ozball.club/2016/01/new-to-guild-ball/

>Seasons 1 and 2 Rulebooks for Lore
mega.nz/#!mV4SBbRT!M9SZEqciPt3j-0O6f6EqosBqsBp2CCMUxm-B5XqbW7M
mega.nz/#!2cZ3jBrR!IpMEMoGdaMXYRhuxuHxshBicFGaXS0UDZ44vqD2aIyg

As a conversation starter. Name your team and their Veteran player. Do you prefer the original or the veteran and why?

Also thanks to user who made the generalisimo picture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e3WEcr5K8r8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To answer my own question. I play Fish and Siren is the veteran player. For the longest time I preferred the original due to her ball stripping/retrieval ability and the funnies I get from Siccing Seenah against Theron. But, I recently did the numbers to figure out who could, with one pass and a full move, serve as a T1 goal threat and I've face/heel turned towards the Veteran.

The fact that Dreadgaze saves lives when someone can't charge to attack is a big bonus. Plus, I admit, I enjoy making condition teams mad when Siren nopes out of death.

Ugh,I'll play your stupid game

>Hunters
>Hearne
>inb4 we know what the fuck Vet Hearne can do

My guess is not suck as much cock as his current version.

Also, what can I do to stop Fishermen from trivially scoring against me.

You'll most likely have to accept that you'll be giving up one goal. If Fish receive, Angel can do it from the half field if she super shots in his bubble aura.

Use snares and take your time. Let them come to you and set up a mine field of traps. Only Angel and Shark can glide over rough ground without momentum so don't give them that momentum.

Finally, as soon as they get that initial goal, bury the ball in the furthest corner possible, just watch out if oSiren is on the table, as she'll lure you down and ask you to kindly pick up the ball.

Corsair is the toughest one to deal with between the two captains. I've heard people say that Seenah hanging back as a goal tender or to utterly demolish any snapshot turrets (as in not Angel since she's too far up) is handy.

The big thing is that the Fish fall apart if the game takes too long so stack up conditions. Any groups, throw Egret or Hemlocke at them. Charge in Base against Greyscales with Seenah or Hearne.

>in Corsair's bubble aura.

And finally, nothing says funny then Chaska shotgunning a dude into Jaecar's bleed traps. 4 damage, snare, bleed is nasty.

Yeah...but my opponent plays the fuck out of Jac and Kraken, and they can really fuck up my game. Almost universal 2" reach is a massive pain in my ass, as the only model I have that is worth taking with 2" reach is Seenah. I am fine with conceding the goal, and I will try to kill the ball in the corner.

Not much you can do about the Jac sumo shove. Kraken though is 3/0 and if snared becomes 2/0 and is a momentum battery. And never ever put Seenah too far up without support. Because that's a way to become a momentum farm.

Best I can say is stick to conditions and range. Maybe even give hemlocke a try and play with character plays. If you can avoid the Kraken/Corsair pull (13 inches away is the sweet spot), there won't be enough momentum to save everyone.

Oh and Bully oSiren if she's on the table. I usually end up with her dying twice because my brother shoots her upon sight! I figure the thing is to figure out which three models to hunt and sic em in teams.

Are you aware of the free Charge sprint?

>Have Fahad or Seenah declare a charge to anyone in LoS...doesn't matter where. Send them their sprint somewhere you want them to be for the next turn. Ends their activation but who gives a shit, you didn't give them influence anyway.

Same user as
But, if you kill the ball in the corner, keep an eye out for Salt or vSiren as they are the most likely candidates for retrieval. I know that if I see the ball in the corner and don't think I can get a Salt score, I'll have him grab it, then kick it off the pitch to get it reset center for the rest of my squad.

Granted, that means risking an angry Bear Hug...but I wouldn't bother, since that removes Seenah from the middle where you want it.

Thanks. Should mention that he prefers to play Shark. While I know that scoring like a raging asshole is his thing, I would prefer it to be his thing once a game as I beat the shit out of him and try in despair to shoot a goal with a team who has the accuracy of me trying to piss in a toilet during a 8.2 earthquake.

The roster I have been playing is:
Theron, Fahad, Seenah, Jaecar, Chaska, Minx which I have been really been digging.

That's the roster my brother plays and that's a handy one. Who does he play?

Shark, Kraken, Jac, Angel, Sakana, Salt

Shark will shut you down for a turn if you don't spread out. He'll get a score, but the turn after, snare, bag, and tag if you can. I can't recall if Hunters get many knockdowns. Kraken is a momentum farm but, you have to gang up on him as he'll just KD you otherwise.

Try and set up traps in Jac and Salt's way so they have to go around and if possible, keep Salt stunlocked with Knockdowns. Jac can come save him but that brings him in your sights.

Angel, as much as I love her, can be held down with one babysitter. Push her outside of snapshot turret range or kill her if you can.

And always always aim your gun at the guy with the influence.

I'd offer to play some Vassal games to help out, been only playing against Butcher/Alch user (whom I have a 0-6 record against. If you're in the thread I'm coming for you!) and my brother a fellow hunter who fears Corsair pulls.

Not much in the KD dept. Seenah KD on 2, Hearne KD on 3 (but you really cannot bring Seenah and Hearne in the same lineup, Chaska KD on 4, and Theron KD on 5. So, three models with KD in my current line up, with only Seenah being the model I can depend on landing it. I usually use Theron and Chaska as ranged threats, but maybe I will try punching with them for once. My issue with punching Jac and Kraken is tough hide, which really messes up my attacks as I don't want to bunch up on one guy.

who was that guy leaking stuff last week? Are they still around?? I wanna know what the new Hunters do...

He didn't leak much from what I remember. He said the new Captain is mediocre as fuck and that the two new models are pretty good. He gave no details about who the models are or what they were (Since his post the sculpts and names of the new models were released), so we cannot assume that his claims are legit. It is fun to speculate, and if he did have insider info I would love to hear more.

He did get the model count and spread right though, said two players, one cap, one mascot before we knew that.

He also said something about Hag having a legendary play and something about Vet Ox I didn't really understand.

COME BACK LEAKBRO

I just have to wait a few more weeks for Hag details...

I'm fish user from earlier. Got a tournament in 12 days, my very first for the year and in this game. So here's my tourney 9.

Shark
Corsair
Salt
Jac
Sakana
Angel
vSiren
Greyscales
Gutter

Hoping I make a strong showing

>He did get the model count and spread right though, said two players, one cap, one mascot before we knew that.

Until you remember that literally every Guild received the same expansion last round.
>Corsair
>Vet Siren
>Sakana
>Tenticles

>Scalpel
>Vet Graves
>Bonesaw
>Dirge

etc. etc.

you want both Sirens m8

Why no Kraken? 2" reach with a momentus KD on one is pretty sexy.

I don't have A&G and I do have the entire fish collection. Who do I replace and when would I use one siren vs another? As for Kraken, I'm leaning towards putting him back in. It sucks to have models I love and only pick 9.

Don't have to justify why you're not running Kraken, just wanted to know the thought process and game plan.

Ah gotcha.

Mainly it's that unlike Gutter, he doesn't have momentous damage. I love the KD on 1. But between Corsair and Jac I have plenty of KD and Gutter's pull is on three and momentous.

The idea is that I can choose damage results with Gutter and get Momentum for later things or snap shots.

I dont get it. They are same kick and same speed. what difference dose it make?

It's the two inch dodge at the top of her activation. Wit hit she gets the edge she needs to make a turn one goal. Not to mention getting her away from reach 1 guys.

Only team I have right now is the Brewer's Guild. I'm thinking about picking up the Union since I already have Harry the Hat. Probably going to pick up the starter set, Coin and then either Minx or Mist

Between Spigot and VSpigot I prefer the original. I know VSpigot is pretty damn good, but I prefer a more beatdown oriented Brewer's Guild. If I want a striker I'll usually just take Mash or Friday

Is that usually how it goes? Team whatever + Union?

I'm planning on picking up the S3 rulebook for the lore (and see if the forums are right about Union Captain being Brisket the 3rd), and was interested in her. I'll admit most the aesthetic for the union I don't care for though.

Might pick up farmers instead.

I think the Union looks cool. I like their gangster/assassin/criminal theme and I dig the purple. Lots of team member options and the best part is that having lots of Union guys means building other Guild teams can be done a bit faster by filling them in as you go.

I'm thinking of doing Fisherman's Guild or Engineer's otherwise. The Farmer's Guild looks awesome visually, but I'm waiting to see the quality of those plastic minis before I decide to buy. I'm hoping they're better than the Kick-Off ones

I should really stop buying models until I finish painting the ones I've got. I've been picking up a new player each week and already preorderd Hag and Brainpan & Memory. Was going to wait on VetOx for awhile. I tend to prefer the originals to the Veteran players for the most part

Oh nice, a Guild Ball thread.

Finishing up my last two Hunters models before moving on to my Union. Hoping to get back into the game fully now that season 3 has officially hit.

Here's my Seenah WIP.

And here's my Zarola WIP. Not super pleased with her, but she's passable.

>Name your team and their Veteran player. Do you prefer the original or the veteran and why?
Butchers
I guess Brisket first, I like old brisket more because 5+def

Looking good user. I'd post my WiP but I'm on my phone and it tends to come out shitty. Will take a pic and post in the morning if this thread survives the night. Glad to see a GB community slowly surfacing on Veeky Forums

Engineers.
Velocity.
Veteran is beautiful, but unfortunately a winged wooden turd in comparison to vanilla.

Nice. I love what you did for the muzzle. Good work.

I just got back from a tournament at captain con a few days ago, and after playing Mason's since the start of season three I'm feeling a little burnt out on them. What team should I play for the near future? I've got alchs, engineers, butchers, and brewers. I may even be crazy enough to pick up hunters. Mostly I'm just looking for a fun relaxing team.

Personally I like AOE skills, messing around with altered status and well being weird in general so I would pick Alchs but that's up to me.

leaker here and the guild11 is not thr solthecians but it is one peoplee have guessed. also starting with 10 models like farmer s

>leaker here and the guild11 is not thr solthecians
Bullshit. The cover has been posted for the rulebook -- Solthecians are confirmed.

Look at the top right, behind the church. That's the Solthecian symbol. Center left is the Farmer's symbol. There are no other symbols on the cover. For the Solthecians to not be the new guild then you'll have to convince us that they just randomly decided to give a group that isn't a new guild top billing while completely snubbing a group that is a new guild, and I don't believe that for a moment.

Solthecians?
what are their background? also what would they do on the field?

Solthecians are a few new Union models includong new cap who you can see on the cover. guild 11 is an entirely new guild with big new mechanic. sorry but its true, wait and see. i think they showed her and the sword guy cause they are more important to the story.

screencaps this if you dont believe me and we will see when book is released or more info is shown. for obvious reasons i cant give you physical pictures.

here is another leak that will be proved legit earlier :

hags legendary moves enemies and allies nearby but hurts herself

I'd believe that about them being part of the Union under (presumably) Captain Brisket. It didn't make sense for a church to also be a guild for some reason. I'm more curious why they didn't bother to give the Solthecian keyword to anyone that is a confirmed church goer like V.Spigot though

I wouldn't be surprised if that gets errata'd in for future fun formats like Homeland Cup. Off the top of my head Solthecians should include (other than any new models) VetOx, VSpigot, and Bonesaw. Maybe Mist, though it seems more like his Shadowlike thing is a past conflict than him working for them. He's too spooky and there's some weird connection between him and Siren from whatever weird island they are from.

It's really weird when you think about all these bizarre assassins and mysterious magicians just getting together on Sunday to play soccer

Any word on the SFG paint set they were displaying at GenCON this year? They said it was going to be a Kickstarter in fall, but it never did show up.

no i dont know business stuff just gameplay.havent heard anything since then either for the paint

Can you spoil anything at all about Brainpan? Is he basically going to be a Mortician's Guild version of Avarisse & Greede?

Anyone else feel like the balance in S3 is worse than S2?

I feel changes they made to A+G, Midas, etc made the problems with these models even worse.

Nope, there are boogiemen but S3 is definitely more balanced. Right now there's only one Cap I'd call egregious, Shark. In S2 Obulus, Fillet, and Blackheart were way better than other captains and A&G were literally mandatory in competitive. Like you actually autolost if you didn't have them and your opponent did on top tables.

Harry is too strong as a Union option but that's about it. If you're having trouble with A&G just push one so they are no longer B2B. Them starting their activation not B2B cuts their goal threat by something like 50%, makes Greede super killable, and makes them worse at ganging up too. They are very good offensively but also a big liability.

There will never be perfect balance and S3 could certainly be better but I would take S3 over S2 any day of the week and so would all other competitive players I talk to regularly, regardless of region.

similar, not exactly the same. situational strong in fights, has expensive long goal threat.think will be hardest to use models in the game. weirdest movement mechanic in game

real spoiler to prove legit is puppet give no victory points when dies.dies alot

youtu.be/e3WEcr5K8r8

Everybody fucking told me that Gutter was shit now but this video has a Union team basically doing all their work with Gutter. I don't get why people think she is bad, at least in Union she seems great.

I hope this guy does more videos

Don't suppose you have any spoilers for locus or crucible?

I started out with alchs in season 3. Maybe I'll try them again. They're lack of momentum generation kind of bugged me though. vKata was a lot of fun.

Guys, I'm playing Masons. I have every model for Masons but no Union players. Which one is worth it?

Minx is my favorite. She's a great battery that does a lot of work for little to no INF. She can improve your offensive output and possibly increase your threat range with mark target.

A&G are always good but I don't like their risk/reward factor though.

Bump

cool vid

Damn what does it take to make this general LIIIIIIVE

What do people think is the strongest Season 3 faction?? At least currently, I guess new releases could always change stuff.

I thought it was gonna be Engineers when the new rules dropped but we have no local main-Engi players so I have no idea if they are good. One I played at a tournament beat me but not very hard and I think I could have won if I didn't fuck up something super basic.

They can be strong vs certain factions. As a Mason's player the first turn is always difficult. I can weather the ranged plays pretty well but it means I can't really get a turn one charge with hammer unless I'm receiving. After that though I can generally win the fist fight. So it depends on how well the engineer can score with velocity. I haven't tried it with different teams but I imagine Colossus might give fish a bit of a hard time.

Colossus seems really good. I had trouble versus their first turn also, as Brewers. But my main fuck-up was letting them touch the ball ever.

Colossus strikes me as one of those players who is just clearly better than the alternatives, and I say that as an Engineer player.
He manages to be super fast, super tough, punchy, and also a good goal threat.
He's just good at everything and I don't understand why I'd want to leave him home in any matchup.

Alchemists seem extremely unreasonable to me, I have yet to beat them. Between Midas, Vitriol and vKatalyst, they just seem guaranteed 12VP.

So rule question. When do you declare and spend for counter attack? Before or after the attack?

After the enemy declares their attack, but before rolling.
So if they know that you're going to swing back, they're more inclined to go for a KD or Push to deny you, before unloading with the rest.

You the user that was giving mild spoilers for Hunters? Can you give me an nuggets regarding my beloved Hunters? Tired of getting my shit kicked in by Fishermen.

skatha 3/5
snow 5/5
vhearne havent seen card
ulfr 4/5

skatha is maybe better than theron and has different playstyle but not amazing. ulfr is ok at everything and will be in a lot of listsm to help with goal scoring. snow is a big help for getting ball and going faster for whole team and making team safer with a special dodge aura, should be a big improvement for mascot cause most good players don't let you charge a lot with fahad

skatha legendary is sucky but rest of her stuff is pretty good.

hunters will get a lot faster with this pack and dunno if the worse old players (egret) will ever get played again. ur still gonna lose to fish though lol

>ur still gonna lose to fish though lol

Well fuck me.

Thanks a ton, can you give any details on how Ulfr scores?

Does anyone play on vassal?

I would be up any of these days (but you might need to be patien as I don't know anything about playing on Vassal tho...)

I would gladly play Malifaux also but that's off-topic.

I happen to play both! Lately mostly guild ball as my local henchmen stopped doing tournaments at my store of choice.

ouch, I hope the best for you lad.

well, up to you. it's late where you live? because we might set up a game for other day. right now I can't play (sorry)

No worries man. What days are better for you?

Any day being honest. do you wanna talk about this somewhere else? I mean discord, by mail, in another neutral place?

I'm thinking about getting in to guild ball since the models look really cool and I've got a question about choosing a faction.
How different gameplaywise are each guild? I've heard fishermen are all about scoring and can't do combat for example, are they all super specialized like this or is there a jack of all trades type faction.
Is there a faction that could be referred to as a glass cannon?

Glass cannon would be the Fishermen, good jack of all trades is the Masons

I can second that. The Masons are the jack of all trades. They're really solid and are about being able to respond to anything. Plus, they have the most handsome man in Guild Ball, Flint!

>Union
>Vet Rage
Fucking great, I loved Rage, and when he got a captain version I was even happier. Also, I made that general image, and it makes me a happy guy knowing other people like it

Stat yourself as a Union Member right now. I wanna see some sick names, and what you think you can do on the pitch.

>handsome men around
>when farmers exists.

Well, ok now that Tater exists flint's title is gone.

Thanks for the advice, I'm either going to pick up Fishermen (interesting playstle), Butchers (nicest looking models to me) or Masons as my first team

What's funny is that those are the first three that drew me. I ended up going Fish, but I'm waffling between Butchers or Farmers being my second.

bloodbowl has a better fluff/universe, guildball has better gameplay.
Prove me wrong, fags

BB has years of development on their shoulders.
of course they have better fluff for the game.

GB has just a couple of years from its birth.

What's the deal with Seasons, are the starter boxes actually usable since they've got Season 1 cards?

They are. The cards are on the website and the s3 cards are currently available. You can also use GBManager.

leaker, do you work at steamforged?

Not being snarky but BB has fluff? I played the game for years and never knew of any "real" fluff. The little things like Morg N' Thorg and Ramtut's rivalry were little Easter eggs, but really the world did not seem fleshed out.

>bloodbowl has a better fluff/universe, guildball has better gameplay.
Prove me wrong, fags

Who fucking cares? Play the game you like more. Both games are great. The only problem I have with Blood Bowl is the dependency of a league to make it great.

There are like 8 SF employees m8. I don't think he'll say anything about himself.

Besides Mat Hart leaks to anyone he knows. Bet it's just a friend of the SF guys or something.

>Sawbuck
>5"/7", 3/6", Def 3+/1, INF 2/4
>M>/T/M>>/3/Double GB
>M1/M2/MT/M2/M3
>GB: Goad
>Double GB/2: Boombox
>Character Traits:
>Selective: Butchers, Engineers, Fishermen, Union
>Charmed Male
>Furious
>Human, Male, Castellyian, 40mm

Okay. People enjoy better rulesets and balance. Some people want better stories, it's all a matter of opinion user, would you like to talk about a team you might want to start?

>Appearance: 20 something bearish guy, with a sawn off, doubles as a club. Usually wearing shitty flannels.

Mascot with a speed buff? Nice.

Goddamn the new Minx is disgusting. Like every turn, I gave her no influence, and she would charge, snare someone, do some damage, get some momentum, and maybe even drop Screaming Banshee or even wrap.

People were not exaggerating when they suggested she might be the strongest model in the game.

Just played a vassal game that took 4 hours!

The player was a hunter player learning what Corsair was about. I got to see a better Hunter team and learned some of the rules for the game that I missed. At first it was 6 to 1 with only a mascot kill for me.

But then Angel stole the ball from Jaecar and dodged a smack, to pass to Jac who scored a ball. Then Corsair and Gutter beat the tar out of Seenah, Minx, and Fahad. Then Jac sumo shoved Zarola out for the win.

After playing that, I'm gonna tell ya, I get why Sakana is so good, but I didn't use him well. Gutter is amazing with Corsair. Jac...is really starting to make me sad unless I keep him on the wings.

Also, earlier user was right and I missed having A siren.

Theron v Corsair has got to be one of the slowest, dullest matchups in the game.

It ended up being so. But it did teach me something.

>I miss Kraken. He's my homeboy.

>only one game store around that sells GB stuff
>preorder Pintpot but pass on Granite since I don't have any other Mason's Guild players
>decide after awhile to pick her up anyway and see they are sold out on their online store
>set it to mail me when they get back in stock
>go there for something unrelated yesterday
>this place is super out of the way and it's about a 2 hour round trip from my house, but they have a huge selection
>realize today that I haven't received any emails since Saturday
>I had gotten an email telling me Granite was in stock 2 hours before I went to the store

Motherfuck. Guess I'm going back this weekend. Going to grab Marbles too. Just going to go all out and start building a Mason's team I guess.

Anybody want to throw out suggestions on who to focus on?

bump. don't leave, leaker

In terms of captains or players?