Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

End of times edition: When the world is dead and gone, and countless lives are sent into the black void, what will your character do? Will they rebuild? Or fade away and become forgotten by all?

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing
kickstarter.com/projects/1708940685/spheres-of-might-a-new-pathfinder-martial-system/posts/1799309
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The thing is it gives voting power to people who won't necessarily be in the game. It gives you the incentive of voting no to everything except you want to use to discourage people from applying because they don't get the kind of character they want approved. Also impulse voting doesn't display interest most of the time, just as it says, impulse.

>Complaining about it seems needlessly selfish.
If the GM disallowed it I would have 0 issue with it. Even on the grounds of "I don't want to read and learn it".

>If you need the material indicated to be approved to be interested in the game, then surely your interest is more in the material than the game?
That isn't the point. The point is there are trolls who will vote to try and fuck certain people over (there are dedicated trolls against DHB for instance), and two it doesn't add anything to have the players vote yes or no and things they've never read.

Why should applicants who may or may not be in the game get a say about other people's builds, not on the grounds of 'broken or no', but on the grounds of 'I don't want to read it'. Also you don't even have to be applying to vote for it.

Please don't forget to use an anime picture as your OP.

I REFUSE!

Yes, I agree that voting should be made once players have been selected. There's another compromise there - player prep vs. GM prep, in that a player might have to work a character up so it can be made with or without the material, but I think that's preferable as you say to people with not even an application in the game voting.

I can't really comment on trolls or negative motives for the voting as a whole, like using votes to discourage people. I think you'd have to evidence that was a real and present problem to use that as a reason not to have the votes.

If it makes you feel any better, I almost got out my strawpoll rigging app to give Yes 9000 votes.

What do you like about Pathfinder Kitsunes?

That's okay, you can do it next time.

It lets me know who the furries are in my group.

>Why should applicants who may or may not be in the game get a say about other people's builds, not on the grounds of 'broken or no', but on the grounds of 'I don't want to read it'.
I think I covered that one here user And your other point here

I have done way, way too many homebrew archetypes as it's something I do when I get bored. The most recent is the Pegaus Knight, a paladin archetype for flying mounted combat and purity. A rather strong 'Fuck spellcasters' sub-theme.

Pegasus Knight
docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing

Phenomenal Prestidigitator (Spellburst savant archetype, charimsa-based stage magician)
docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing

Concecrafted Chorist (More supportive spellburst savant archtype with a musical theme)
docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing

Glorified Glossolalist (Divine spellburst savant archtype)
docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing

All of them save the Phenomenal Prestidigitator are very much still in alpha, so feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for posting this in a few previous threads, trying to get some balance feedback as I know that the creator is the worst person to actually evaluate their own work.

I'm also currently working on some stuff for Upper Class characters (As I was rather disappointed with the High Court book actually offering stuff on that front). It's still in design though so it's not up for look over until I've got a bit more for people to read. Is there anything people would like on the upper class character front that Pathfinder doesn't do very well right now?

But neither of those are from anime. You're not even following your own rules!

What about the players who specifically make sure that kitsune are the weeb kemonomimi kind?

Why isnt the bloodborne hunter up in the OP?

I think it's because there's only like 4 of us (if not less) and then the writer for it actually discussing it.

Don't try to fuck with me with your puny conception of anime.

Not everyone wants to play it, plenty of homebrew stuff comes through here.

I want to make the main villain of my campaign a classic seductive female evil overlord type of character but I'm a bit stuck on what class to stat her as. Any ideas?

Oh. I thought I was talking to the RotJR pbp GM.

Because homebrewers can go fuck themselves. People treating DHB ok at all made them think they could start coming out of the woodwork.

Thas me!
We're going nowhere fast since everyone lost their sheets.

You can't rebuild if the world is dead.

VIDEO GAMES ARE NOT ANIME YOU LITTLE SHIT!

They have more variable stats than catfolk for no real reason, and I derive entertainment from how much that annoys some people.

Their a litmus test for how good or shit a player is.

With other races, even the beast ones, you can play decently nor subtly enough without problems.
With Kitsune, they are either played by cancerous fags, or are constantly bitched about by equally cancerous fags.

So by Brigit up Kitsune, you can tell just how far each end of the autism and cancer spectrum a player lies

To be fair, unlike DHB, the bloodborne hunter doesn't feel like it's being written to compete with PoW. There's a few things here and there in DHB's unchained classes that are kinda just ridiculous in terms of power.

>Mutation Master fighter archetype can create potions up to 6th level spells, something literally nobody else that's a full caster can ever do

Can you tell us about your parties and what they've done so far? What do you like about your PCs and what dont you like about them?

Not a witchhunt, merely friendly memery.

How would you rate DHB's characters out of 10, which do you think is the best? The worst? We have:
>NTRDwarf
>NToRacle
>Old Spy
>Punch Fattery
>Gun Monkey
>Moon Hopper
>Asmo-Fish
>Weird Triplets

Which has the most meme potential? Who are the best written? Punch Fatty top tier in my opinion, NToRacle bottom tier.

>nor
>Brigit
I'm so glad I'm getting rid of this dumb phone this week

counterpoint: video games are the only good anime

>>Mutation Master fighter archetype can create potions up to 6th level spells, something literally nobody else that's a full caster can ever do
Still just straight worse than being an extract caster like an alchemist/investigator. It's a unique thing they bring to the table, which is good, not bad.

Hinoka is cute! Too bad she's worst girl.

>To be fair, unlike DHB, the bloodborne hunter doesn't feel like it's being written to compete with PoW.
I mean, DHB has also written initiators.

These kitsune lovers will one day learn that the path they walk will only cause suffering!

AND ON THAT DAY WE WILL HAVE GOD SORT THEM OUT!!

This will be my next character.

I hate it because their mechanics are top tier but their aesthetics are shit

So I have to either literally a furry, make some weird psychological excuse about shapeshifting and true forms, convince my gm to let me weebshit, OR do the honorable thing and just play an aasimar and steal their racial feats.

Honestly, I feel like that's my solution to everything these days. Stupid sexy celestials.

Hag. Mute, or Blood hag, would work nicely. Part of a coven, to make things worse.

But that's wrong, the brewmaster prestige class or whatever it was called can make higher level "potions", as can an herbalism druid.

Would work decently well in Dark Heresy or Rouge Trader.

Holy shit you've been at this for like a month.

WHY?

SoM updated the kickstarter, they wanna know what everyone wants for stretch goals.

kickstarter.com/projects/1708940685/spheres-of-might-a-new-pathfinder-martial-system/posts/1799309

DELETE THIS

Regardless of what you stat her ass, her sidekick/familiar must be a follower of Nocticula. She isn't, but her sidekick keeps trying to recruit her because the cult totally fits her. Cue tsundere moments.

How much Landsknecht is too much Landsknecht? Is it worth going the full 10 levels for it, or should I stop after I get Superior Reach?

Silly user, she's my Spelljammer Thronewarden, set to protect the Captain or the Spelljamming mage!

>kickstarter.com/projects/1708940685/spheres-of-might-a-new-pathfinder-martial-system/posts/1799309
Can someone list the spheres for me? I'm on my phone and can not find it.

Sure you wanna go with the guns?

I enjoy memeing characters.

High Guardian's pretty fuckin' sick, imo

So you prefer the kitsune/animeposting shit than to discuss actual things concerning the game?

>str mod to AOOs

Those nice big ears of yours are probably pretty sensitive, aren't they....

>homebrewers can go fuck themselves
>people who want to make content can go fuck themselves

I don't think I understand your mindset, user

Shut the fuck up. I'm gonna keep posting anime gunslingers until everyone learns their lesson.

D E L E T E
T H I S
I'm kind of over it, but it's still fun to futilely shake my sit at Augunas and company.

People like you are the reason why Veeky Forums has lost all its creativity and never gets shit done anymore

>dex mod to AoO
>With guns that threaten at close range
>Maverick Stacks with Thronewarden
I think I'll be fine.

They're salted earth at this point. Paizo already shot them in the knees out the gate with the furshit, and then you have motherfuckers like Augunas and the idiotic fluffy tail faggot all but guaranteeing that nobody would be able to bring them up as an option without cringing with enough force to snap their own neck.

I don't know why Paizo didn't decide to stick with the infinitely more interesting source material they came from, rather than give us whatever abomination we got. What they did is on the same level of originality as a kid taking his report from a wikipedia article and switching a few words around to pretend he made something unique.

Well, I'm sure there'll be other supplements made by different people.

Yo, just got the cover iconic for Legendary Kineticists 2 done up, it's looking hype.

Also if you got a preference for stretch goals for SoM, please hit up the survey:

How do SLAs convert to spheres? I know you just pick the most similar sphere talent, but do you gain a pool of spell points, or just get per-day casts as normal?

You could have gone with a criss-cross thing with the tiddy strap.

>Jolly is back
Thank fuck, this whole place has been nothing but shitposting for the past 4 days

If the Omnimental in the Destroyer Handbook is any indication, they get a Spell Pool.

Hah, I described my players enemy looking like that fellow.

This DESU. I saw kitsune's mechanics and was like "aww yea shapeshifter race" then I actually looked at the name, and then the lore, and went "fuck".

Also, here's your reminder that people in the BotB thread fucking ASKED AUGUNAS if he was going to put in anything to let people play actual mythological kitsune and he flipped his shit bitching about how people need to "just give them a chance to be their own thing". Then he caved and put something in that could let you do that anyway.

>fellow

What's a good age to start having kids with your Tiefling waifu? I don't want to make her wait too long to fulfill her dreams, but we're just not wealthy enough to support raising that many adventurers-to-be yet

If I had my way, Kitsune would/should be straight up monsters. Not a playable race.

It's anime - if it was female, she'd be showing skin.

imo they should be fey monstrosities, but that's just me

The character is female, user.

Hasn't stopped orcs, goblins, gnolls, or kobolds.

Fox monsters do sound pretty cool, though.

What's DHB?

>orcs, goblins, gnolls, or kobolds
Yeah, but those are all basically just "bad men with pointy stick" monsters. They don't have any tricky inherent magical powers or life cycles( 9 tails) to try to finagle into mechanics.

Phone poster life man
Aside from that, I agree with you.

I mean theres a world of difference in converting an Orc and Gnoll to PC play-ability and converting like an Imp or Hag.

You know the only "good" way to play a kitsune? The honest to god ONLY "good" way? Just play a human with the kitsune statblock and ignore the fluff. There you go.

Honestly, I could do without the shapeshifting. If I want to become weird shit I can play a Druid. I just want the Magical Tails because I'm a sucker for racial spellikes that actually scale. Add that to having possibly the best Oracle curse in the entire game and I just can't not try my damnedest to grab it somehow.

So I made an Aasimar with SoH and RH Kitsune. They have better ability scores anyway, and you can always grab Angelkin Alter Self if you want some shapeshifting.

Some homebrewer that made some unchained versions of Paizo martials, then tried to get involved in /pfg/ games and culture, and as such there's been a dedicated shitposter obsessed with stalking him and shitposting against him in an attempt to hide the fact he wants to suck his dick

...but user, Granblue has an anime now!

Seriously, I hope that guy gets help.

That can't be healthy.

But magical tail is trash, and one of the only good things about kitsune is that they can functionally just be Eberron changelings.

Okay, so you're thinking pure mechanics. Gotcha.

Well, I'd like to think about more than just pure mechanics, but the default Kitsune are so full of furryshit that it's just got to go if I am to use it at all. Like, I can work with most races, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Don't most people throw the furshit out and reskin them as just foxeared people or use the Yokai ART? Outside of shit like PFS, that is.

>End of times
Like I won't be at the front trying to blaze a new trail and stop the end times, or building a new world to save everyone.
Demiplanes my man, demiplanes everywhere.

Do you also dislike Tengu/Catfolk/Ratfolk/Skinwalkers or is your peeve with Kitsune specifically?

Well, okay then, I sit corrected.

1st: Cool

2nd: I voted for more spheres and Expanded archetypes, as a GM I already mix and match with things already made and custom things. Giving the a few mobs are bosses access to spheres and a spheres bestiary didn't sound all That useful to me.

In other words, I already kinda cheat as a GM so just more players options is already more gm options as well.

Can we read the logs from your game?