Them stats

>them stats
>all those special rules

Sheeeiiit

Now which more Slav.
Slavstode master race is now

He's worse than generic Custode HQ.

What happened?

God damn he went from being a badass motherfucker to some butch nu male.

Valdors a fuckin faggot now.

Time. 40k's quality has an inverse relationship with time.

tarpit him with cultists

He's actually worse than the generic Shield-Captain, who can throw down with motherfucking Scoria.

How is he worse? Build a shield captain around the same price range that is better than Valdor.

Shield-Captain (190); Tribune (25), Solarite Gauntlet (15), Praesidium Shield (20), Cyber-famililar (10), Digital Weapons (10)
Total 275, same as Valdor. Fights still very hard at S10 AP1 with some rerolls, can pick his warlord trait and shares a bunch of special rules, but more importantly has a rerollable 3++ with 4 wounds and Eternal Warrior, with a -1 to-hit in melee. Valdor in comparison is fairly flimsy with his bog-standard 4++.

>Tribune
>Praesidium
>Familiar
Rerollable 3++, ET and -1 to hit.
Season to taste with Power Gauntlet or Paragon Spear.

At that point you can brawl with anything short of Horus, Russ or Scoria, I'd wager.

FW only cares about old lore when it suits them.

Grav-rhinos and custodes land raiders? How about space Cadillacs? Jetbikes with aquilas? Nah, have a fancy dickbike instead. Bolter armed tactical Custodes? They heavy combi-bolters now. Sisters riding in a rhino? Not in my Dune.

Though to be frank, that Shai Hulud submarine is pretty bitching and just the weird shit I'd expect more from 30k, but they could put some universal stuff in there as well.

Gauntlet is much better.
I actually ran the maths for that. Scoria JUST beats the guy because his fist is Unwieldy unlike the Sceptre, but realistically it's a coin flip.

(Actually happens a lot with the new chars vs. Scoria, he easily beats a biomancied Magnus and Valdor, but against the Tribune and Russ he beats them in the tenths/hundredths of rounds to kill. So he wins the mathhammer and keeps his "Most powerful in the game" title but it doesn't matter tabletop.

Haven't done Tribune vs. Russ yet, but I'd think he'd destroy them both, they just can't put out enough wounds and even if Horus manages to Disabling Strike it'll need two wounds before it does anything to the damage calculations.

With any of those 4, though, the fight will not end before the game does, so don't bother.

Doesn't the familiar also let him re-roll strength, toughness, initiative, etc. tests?

I keep forgetting that the shield gives -1 to hit in CC. Maybe I should give my captain one. Maybe I can model his familiar carrying a shield or something, I don't want his actual model to have one.

That -2 to hit of Russ is incredibly powerful. His otherwise underwhelming defenses become suddenly amazing as virtually everything in the game suddenly hits him only on a 6+...

True, and he does have an extra 2 wounds, but I have a feeling that having a 4.5x better save than Russ will probably be more effective than hitting 1/3 less. CBA to run the numbers now, but it looks fairly even.

>4.5x better save than Russ
Is a 3++ rerollable really that much better than a 4++? If so, I didn't expect that.

50% wounds get through 4++
33% wounds get through 3++
11% wounds get through a rerollable 3++

Yep. 4++ takes 1 wound for every 2 you put on him, 3++ Rerollable takes 1 wound for every 9. It's true bullshit.
Russ might actually beat him now I think about it, Russ hits 3, wounds 2 and 2/3, unsaved about 0.3.
Tribune hits back, 1 hit, 5/6 wound, unsaved 0.25.

Tribune will lose to Russ, but only slightly. Scoria beats both, technically. Really, any fight between those 3 is going to last at least 7 rounds and possibly 13, average about 10, so I really wouldn't bother unless you have a giant Castellax/Pfist Terminator/Arlatax bodyguard to smash the other fucker with.

Really I'd just shoot Russ and Tarpit the Tribune, you're not going to kill the latter unless you hit him with a Knight and Stomp him down or D 6 him. AP2 does nothing because his invuln is better than his armour, so just drown him in Volkite or Bolter wounds and similar if you really want to take him on.

Oops, Tribune gets about 0.42 wounds through, but IWND takes that down to 0.26 and the Tribune has less wounds than Russ, so Russ still wins after like 13 rounds of combat.

How does D invu reroll work with normal invu reroll?

>D invu reroll
What do you mean?

You reroll whatever happens so they just cancel out and he takes a normal 3+ invuln. That means that he'll need an average of 7.2 D hits or 22 swings from an Imperial Knight Chainsword, since they hit on a 5+ thanks to -1 from shield.

Personally I'm going to introduce the entire Custodes army to my good friends Militia Levy Blob and Intercepting Reductor Artillery, and watch them be pretty much useless.

Fighting them in melee is a fools errand, it's the only thing they're really good at, they're slow after they deepstrike and have pitiful shooting for their cost.

30k S:D is different, it is (Among other things, but these are the relevant ones) S10 AP2 Ignore Cover, forces successful Invulnerable Saves to be rerolled and causes D3 wounds/Hull Points. Won't onehit a titan anymore, but that Chaos Cultist won't live because he had 6+ Razor Wire cover, either. Much more balanced IMO.

>AP2
No
>D3
+1

I'll take your word for it, just going off memory. AFAIK all D weapons are AP2/1 aside from the psychic powers that Magnus boosts up to D now.

That's indeed what I'm referring to. His S:D AP- Novas can be saved by armor. Besides them, all other have AP1/2 added in their profile.

Rules-wise he seems a lot like Calgar/Abaddon/Typhus in 40k, looks pretty good for 275 points, not necessarily overpowered though.

Fair point. Doesn't actually hurt me too much the, since the Levies and Adsec don't care if it's S5 or S:D, and anything else probably gets armour. Vehicles will be borked, though. Guess I'm bringing Cybernetica against TS, even if he can Smite them pretty damn well.

>30k S:D is different
Wait, I thought that was an optional change? We have just ignored that at the store...

Damned if I know, but personally I find it makes those weapons much more balanced, especially when oneshotting a Primarch, Baneblade, Warhound with shields down or basically crippling a Fellblade or Reaver isn't on the cards and you actually have to use tactics on the enemy rather than "LOL shadowsword". And I say this as a distinct proponent of the latter strategy for popping Primarchs and Spartans before we adopted it, as I didn't have one of my own as Mechanicum before Scoria.

I wonder how he'd hold himself against Sigismund.
At a glance he seems merely okay, with Molecular Severance being one stand-out.

What else would you expect of Kitten

THIS FUCKING THIS MY GOD THIS.