/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 16 (1d20)

Council of Nikea Edition

Sister Lewdz Sub-Edition

The Council of Nikea was posted. Who wanted librarians, who didn't care, who was full "Fuck Magnus" and what was the Censure Host? It's all in the last thread , but that's pretty much getting archived and everyone is asleep, so have this thread in the meantime

>INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

So what is so bad about the Custodes? 40kfag here, I was kinda interested in getting into the game cheaply with a mostly-plastic low-model-count army. Apparently they're top cheese, what gives?

They're not, it's literally one user raging/baiting about them.

They're excellent in close combat (really only with one specific combo on the shield-captain) and they have good shooting from their vehicles and jetbike, but they're absurdly expensive points-wise and every single loss will hurt you dearly. Oh, and they DON'T have an assault vehicle.

At the end of the day, Custodes are T5 2W terminators. You will die very hard if you fuck up, and you are very slow.

I heard some say the Captain with rerollable 3++, EW and S10 fist is Primarch tier for about 65% of the cost or something.

The SoH were there to ensure the will of the Warmaster, the same way there were WBs with the Blood Angels at Signus.
I like to think the OG Luna Wolves were schooling the spess wolves on how to wolf properly, relying less on bullshit items and more on sheer deepstriking wolvery.

SO has anyone read the Prospero fluff?

Is it still "Magnus got butthurt and hid the wolf fleet from his sons to punish them/himself." that lead to prospero burning?

Trying to write up MY DUDES fluff for some loyalist thousand sons that were like "Wow, fuck Magnus.", made their own Order and basically became space Marine Corsairs.

Or just general 'requesting fluff pages for inferno'

Thanks in advance.

I read the ones in the last thread. Got a decent start.

>Trying to write up MY DUDES fluff for some loyalist thousand sons that were like "Wow, fuck Magnus.", made their own Order and basically became space Marine Corsairs.
You have two flavours there:

Either they go Ahriman's way, aka their own way after being disilutioned with how Magnus' red guilt fucked up things when he allowed the invading hordes to arrive unchecked on a relatively small population and become a Chaos/Blackshield renegade...

...or you could go the Orphans of Betrayal way as most of the Corvidae fellowship that Magnus had sent away because their precognition powers could ruin his plans of helping the Censure Host enact (((retribution))) on his legion.

So Ahriman and a bunch of ghosts. Ok thats cool I suppose, but there were 18,000-28,000 TS off world when prospero burned.

I'm curious about them. Which could explain why ahriman had 10k dudes

>had sent away because their precognition powers could ruin his plans of helping the Censure Host enact (((retribution))) on his legion.
Thats exactly what I was looking for. To see if Magnus still did that or if it was redacted.

They're essentially going to be Orphans of Betrayal that saw the fleet appraoching from a distance and couldnt warn prospero because of magnus. SO they said fuck 'em and rounded up as many of the off-world TS to start their own shindig. But I dont want to use Blackshield rules because I want to paint and model them like Thousand Sons in the FW scheme with the tamiya clear red. Plus I love Khenetai Blade Cabals.

thanks

So whose the guy?

Luna Wolves a best, first wolves are best wolves.

Do you think the reason the space wolves never teleport deep strike (or only drop pod deep strike) was because the Luna Wolves show them how shit they were at actually reaching their target.

>To embarrassed to get good at teleportation, so well just be cheap and overly safe by using only drop pods for our terminators. Yeah, we can deep strike now. Because the VI is so good at being aggressive
>>Pacification of Luna is another great lore excerpt

First Wolves Best Wolves.

Don't let PETA see this.

Wolves are extinct, but for purpose bred attack creatures. Kharn's quote about why the space wolves should not call themselves wolves, because they are collared brought into question. Wolf is equal to hound. Kharn BTFO

>ahrimans BoP model is mad sexy
>first psyker model that doesn't look like shit IMO
>hate psykers like Mortarion
>this is a strange feeling

Hopefully this means that the Rubric happens during the HH, rather than centuries after it like what is claimed in the BL trilogy. Because as nice as that book is to read, the timeline of that story just does not add up.

>Rolled 16
This thread now belongs to the XVI

KILL FOR THE LIVING, KILL FOR THE DEAD!

If they make it so only ahriman is real and everyone else is a bot I would be sad as a Tson player.

Luckily it's just a theory you can ignore if you want.

I have 10 volkites in the mail for a terror squad, though they won't be here until next month. Which armor makes for a better terror squad, MkIII or MKIV?

Maybe, but a Primarch still has a lot to back him up when they're brought out.
With Custodes, you're lucky if you have more than 30 models at 3000 points.

Has anyone used Tamiya Red or Tamiya Blue from the spraycan, for their TS or AL?

Not putting the liquid version in a airbrush, I mean the literal spraycan version.

Is it any good, and how did you do it? Silver or gold first, then washes, then spray? Or something else? Pics appreciated.

Books 10-13 could easily be collected into 1 or two books dealing with small engagements and the advance of traitors, a collection of campaigns spread out throughout the galaxy and 9 and 15 should also be one book as the Martian civil war ends early in the Heresy and the planet gets blockaded for the rest of the Heresy.

In my opinion Siege of Terra should be books 13-16 with the final books being the Scouring which FW apparently wants to do so

17-18-Reconquista: Loyalists launch an all out campaign to retake traitor held worlds and destroy the homeworlds of the traitors, each legion gets its battle with a scenario. A campagin detailing the Iron Cage siege, another campaign for UM and successors bum-rushing the Night Lords, Caliban's Civil War, etc.

19-Novae Imperium: The state of the Imperium during M32, a detailing of the work of the Inquisition vs the AL and the traitors amongst the Imperium's worlds that seek to destroy it plus the first campaigns of Xenos aggression since the Great Crusade.

20-Legion Wars: The campaigns of the traitor legions in the Eye of Terror and their story of absolute betrayal and the recession of their slave economy, all narrated by Fabius Bile. It ends with the Black Legion crushing whatever remains of the Emperor's Children.

So the name "War Hounds" ALSO means Wolves?
Even the WE are better wolves than the Space Wolves, SW BTFO'd.
This be the thread of the true moon.

This. It is based on the assumption that spells that require large amounts of power always need a sacrifice in souls to work ... but if that were so then the Emperor has a lot of explanation to do for the psychic tricks he pulled off before he became a chair-bound vegtable.

Let's be real, Mortarion hating psykers made him more than a little bit of a hypocrit. If he had his way, then all navigators, astropaths, and even The Emperor had to be put down behind the shed, consequences be damned.

>Not putting the liquid version in a airbrush, I mean the literal spraycan version.
what sorcery is this

>only ahriman is real
WTF not even Magnus is real?
So the Horus Heresy is Perturabo's fanfiction about Ahriman's Bizarre Adventures in Solarite Gauntlet of the North Eye?
The plot thickens once more

Mortarion wasn't a hypocrite, he was merely wrong about lots of stuff and needed conflict resolution classes.

To be fair Magnus is just an aspect of Tzeentch once he accepted daemon hood.

I don't want to remember Magnus' aspects and shards and whatnot.
"Call me Ianius"
It had to pick THAT precise name, among all others.

I think picking that name was the point.

>If he had his way, then all navigators, astropaths, and even The Emperor had to be put down behind the shed, consequences be damned.

It's not hypocritical to take psykers and enslave them to a practical purpose. With no escape or autonomy. No life beyond the serving the vital role they are needed for. No chance for them to fuck things up. Magnus had autonomy look what he did with it. If the emperor had he actually got the webway thing going he would have served his purpose and should have been put down like a thunder warrior on the day of terran unification. As should all the other psychic primarchs Kurze, Lorgar, Sanguinius, Magnus and Khan (was he a psyker? best to be safe)

Remove Psyker

>Not dreaming of a future where even a human child would be able to defend itself against filthy xenos using mind bullets

Magnus had the right idea, but he fucked up on the part where he thought he was able to tame the gods of chaos all by himself.

Saturnine Terminator Armor when?

I've used the Light Metallic Blue in a can for my AL. It turned out quite well, if you like shiny and metallic.
A pro is that it's so hard you can just scrape off other paint with your nails/a toothpick if you mess up (add a bit of saliva/water for effect).
A con is that it might come on a bit thick if you're not careful, and when you're spraying built models it's hard to get paint in every crack. I had to go over each model maybe 3-4 times to make sure I got coverage.

whats wrong with that name? All daemon princes are slaves.

Sorcery is krodil in knowledge form. There is no escaping its corruption.

Just as you finish your army.

>>Not dreaming of a future where even a human child would be able to defend itself against filthy xenos using mind bullets
Go wear Eldar poop as a necklace, witchlover.
The Human psychic race didn't become true after 10000 years of unguided evolution and the webway would have meant the day of the rake for those inbred navigator mutants.

Sanctioned psykers are like abhumans, they can be useful even if they're not pure, but asking for a psychic race would be a mistake

I saw little spraycan versions I'm my local hobby shop. They're the clear red, clear blue, clear purple, plain clear versions. I'm just trying to work out if they're any good. I know they won't be as thin and smooth as an airbrush.

I'm kind of tempted to try the clear purple for an emperors children test model.

>Sorcery is krodil in knowledge form.

Only because daemons. Imagine you had a daemon-free living space where you could teach everybody how to avoid that, or even how to BTFO daemons just like GK can.

Or are you generally against proper education for the whole population ?

>whats wrong with that name?
Ianius is totally the Janus stated to be the first Grand Master of the Grey Knights.
Will Khyron at least be Sevatar?
Inb4 that's ridiculous, it's even dumber that a Magnus shard remained in the Imperial Dungeon and became the GK Chapter master

>if only there was some race of post-humans that had already achieved this and were living in a functional society, protected from the dangers of chaos
>oh wait we purged them

Why is the Imperium so fucking retarded?

Draigo the best GK serves Slaanesh. There is no defeating daemons.

Remove Psyker

Grey knights have always been shit, they deserve it.

>Only because daemons
>Radiation is only bad because of the tumours
Daemons are a big deal, user, and learning pyschic powers within the webway is akin to having a shooting range inside a submarine.

There's a reason why the Dark Eldar don't use psychic powers; the Webway is the place in-between places, the walls that seperate it from the warp are thinner that realspace's.

It's all Erebus' fault.
The Emperor should have told all his sons that they can't bring any friends with them to space war.

More like nuclear energy is only bad because of the radiation.

Fix that and you're good.

Is it complex and tough to figure out? Yes. Could you teach someone to build a radiation shield/whatever without them needing to know everything about nuclear physics? Yes.

The emperor refused to vet any of his sons. Yet another filthy psyker mistake.

Yeah, can't wait for Magnus' unrestricted nuclear items.
Nuclear-powered laptops! I just hope none of them ever ever leaks plutonium on your desk ;^)

I like my sanctioned psykers like my nucleoelectric plants: fucking away from me...yet still meeting their quotas under maximum supervision.

Agreed. Russ and his kin were in dire need of a vet.

>Officially 62,292 TSons on Prospero
>"Total known strength of 80,000/90,000"
Does this kind of ruin the TSons and Prospero for anyone else? Makes me sad tbqh.

Yeah its autismo but who cares. I mean I knew this was going to happen but it just feels wrong.

It's closer to swimming and water. If you don't teach somebody how to swim, then most likely he will drown. Should you then ban all water and swimming, or teach how to swim ?

I guess Magnus was always the most reluctant traitor, and tried to stay loyal to the end when despair and the heat of the moment made him fuck up and throw in with Tzeentch.
Plus of all the people in the galaxy who could pull the shattered self trick to preserve their original being in some form it'd be him.

You could do something really interesting with that, but you'd have to have some fantastic writing not to have it come off as cheap hackneyed crap, which I can't see GW managing. Though even if they did a particularly shoddy job it'd still be leagues less asspully than Trayzin and his fucking pokéballs.

Wonder if I made a mistake. Look up vetting.

>To vet was originally a horse-racing term, referring to the requirement that a horse be checked for health and soundness by a veterinarian before being allowed to race. Thus, it has taken the general meaning "to check".

huh

You're comparing a pool to the sea
You do realize that swimming in the open sea is a bad idea, right? Especially is you do it near Australia.
That's the warp, and the sea wasps are the kind version of the psychneum.

I was just memeing, user. T
I mean I didn't quite know what you were saying, but I'm sleepy and kinda bummed I can't be an IW librarian, since Perturabo was against their use.

I guess it's other consulships, then.
Chaplain, Champion, Herald, Delegatus, MoS, Soegebreaker, Vigilator, Moritat and Warsmithing sound like viable career choices

It's worse then that as the Wolves now rock up with 73,200 marines according to this so they're not even out numbered anymore. So the Sons now get shrekt by an equal force on their own homeworld and die almost completely. Gratz TS fans.

The Australian ocean is pretty safe. I swim in it. They have shark nets and shit. Gun range in a submarine was the best description. One mistake equals death.

Its seems appropriate for you to be bitter brother.

A study showed that most animal-caused poisoning in Australia is done by bees though. And those don't live in the sea or even near an ocean.

Custodes vehicles have been disappointing. I would have much preferred just Grav-Rhino and Grav-Raider upgrade kits to these

I've seen a lot of people who are scared of the ocean on the internet. Totally bizarre. I mean you can die in the ocean, but you can die on the road to.

Yeah, or just larger, grav-enabled variants of those tanks. These just look like filthy Eldar vehicles.

If they made it look like this people could just convert their own. FW wants your money.

Like so

People fear what they don't understand.

Not like angry fans who prefer the idea of grav-rhinos aren't going to convert their own vehicles with matching dimensions anyway right ...

Actually yes. Because many of the most angriest have OCD such that they want it to look like the official vehicle.

I think custodes are shit so I don't really care about them. The vehicles are boring though.

GW/FW needs to make this.

>I've seen a lot of people who are scared of the ocean
Those are just black people, user.

Seriously, America, we need to force black people to learn how to swim. Just do it like Japan and make it part of Phys Ed.

Where do the crew sit? How does the driver see where he's going?

Where does the driver sit?

The same place the 10 marines who can't fit in it sit. I don't care I want assualt rhinos

Just forge the narrative!

Woah, a full 18-28,000 TSons were offworld when Prospero happened??

Well the only place to fit him is at the back somewhere. Like those Dday landing boats.

Or it's fully driven by Powa of the Machine Spirit.

Their whole fleet was sent away by Magnus right, or has that changed?

I have, but on a car model in the distant past. Works great, just shade and highlight before the clear red/blue and be pretty extreme with the highlights.

>The Human psychic race didn't become true after 10000 years of unguided evolution
Psychic abilities appear to be genetic, so the Imperium's practice of scooping up all the psykers (see Master of Mankind) will go a long way in preventing humanity from evolving into a psychic species. Unnatural selection against it, basically.

Yes. According to what I've heard, one of those forces was fighting alongside the Ultramarines, and when they got the orders, the Ultramarines murdered them in their own encampments.

It's been noted for a while (sometimes even in the "opening crawl" of 40k) that the psyker population is increasing dramatically. So the amount of random mutations is increasing disproportionately to the amount that could be coming in from genetic passage alone.

Blood for the emperor, after all. Suffer not the traitor, the mutant, the sorcerer.

That was before Calth, by the way.

Another Tsons force were engaged alongside the Fists. When the orders came through, the Fists bugged out and left the Tsons to die.

>According to what I've heard
Where because that means that the Emperor ordered there destruction again instead of BL's tale?

yep

I find it funny most people don't realize all the prospero shit happened well before the heresy broke out. Is it still set before Istvaan in the FW books?

That's pretty retarded is the source infreno?

Yes. It ends just as the news of Isstvan III arrives.

Warmaster's orders are broadcast galaxy wide, and the Emperor is too busy in the Webway to notice.

>Warmaster's orders are broadcast galaxy wide
So why does Magnus help out Horus? lol

because magnus is fuckin' dumb
he's always been fuckin' dumb

>shit horus is a traitor better warn the boss
>oh no he ain't hearing any of it
>fuck I fucked up the webway
>shit shit shit better let the wolves kill us all to make up for it
>ACTUALLY NEVERMIND WE TRAITORS NOW TOO LOL

I think it was said that by the time he found out, it was too late.

Seriously though. As a TSfag, I really fucking can't stand Magnus or the Prospero business.

Every layer they add is just like progressing a jenga tower where more holes appear and the structure gets more and more flimsy.

Was looking for a serious answer but sure thing brah. If they're going to change the fluff I'd expect them to atleast have it make sense.

Is there other pre-Great crusade color schemes than this Thousand son?

what's a good allied detachment of custodes with 10 models? 1 x shield captain with sword and shield, 3 x 3 guardian spear custodians?

That's the thing, him going to horus has never made much sense. Ever.

Magnus cuts off the nose to spite the face because the emperor thinks sorcery can't be trusted and that buttfrustrates him.

> I really fucking can't stand Magnus or the Prospero business.
I cant stand it ANYMORE. It used to makes sense when I got into the hobby...

>going to horus has never made much sense.
Yes it did. In Ye Olden Days the Emperor odered Magnus and his legion destroyed. No Magnus knowing about it and letting it happen. No Horus bullshit. Just the Wolves surprising the Sons and forcing them to turn to Horus for protection.

No, it would've been the Warmaster's orders. The Emperor was already hiding away and letting Horus run things

>No, it would've been the Warmaster's orders.
If everyone dicked the TSons over on Horus's orders, and they know later on he's the Traitor just like Magnus said, then this is dumb as fuck.

>No Magnus knowing about it and letting it happen.
the council of nikaea (3e) was literally that
or, in older (2e) fluff he repeatedly told magnus to not use magic, and when contacted on earth told magnus he'd gone too far and had to be destroyed

there was no surprise, magnus knew full fucking well what he was doing, and that's why all the fluff about this shit has magnus trying to use the psychic warning as a justification for his secret sorcerous practices

Unless you're talking about pre-2e, adeptus titanicus fluff. But you probably aren't, since the actual events of that version of the war were radically different.

How original you want to go? Their reason for joining horus twenty years ago was because they wanted to preserve their profane knowledge.

>there was no surprise, magnus knew full fucking well what he was doing
Theres a difference between knowingly going against the Emperors orders for a reason he believes is justified, vs letting the TSons get destroyed by moving the defenses away, clouding the future and generally fucking everything up.

yes world eaters

Any spoilers on what actually happened at Nikaea yet? I saw the "positions taken" shot last thread lol'd at the majority of the anti-psyker side being traitors, but what did the Emperor actually decree?

Are there any pictures of alternate Thousand Son schemes? Or was everyone basically the same