Warhammer Fantasy General: Chaos Dwarves are underrated edition

Warhammer Fantasy General: Chaos Dwarves are underrated edition

>Previous Thread
→ →

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858213115
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Question about the Tileans Estalians and Border princes?.
They are more of a collection of independent states than a proper polity right?

What happens if they try and expand outwards - like towards the border princes or places in the badlands?

Well, they don't have any particular reason to expand, but it would probably mean petty kingdoms getting sprouted up further afield, or perhaps colonies to a larger kingdom. You could have this happening for multiple kingdoms, but there'd be so much warring among them and with outside threats that it'd be hard to imagine them thriving, and the Border Princes especially are too weak to expand much individually.

Tileans and Estalians are a loose cultural region of independent city states and kingdoms
The boarder princes are the buffer states between the old world proper and the badlands, and they're always moving further south or being pushed back north in conflict with the green skins.

Still waiting for them in TW WH.

I thought they weren't going to get in.

I imagine that some factions will have to get dropped, because it's just a huge world to have to try and deal with. You might be able to split it into theaters like with Empire Total War, but then that just doesn't feel as smooth.

CA has said they plan on including all the races that have or had army books, so Chaos Dwarfs are among them. If they don't, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone burn CA headquarters down.

I am painting a dogs of war army but apparently the flags were printouts only
does any of you guys have a pdf with the various colored regiments of renown flags?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858213115

>you can literally play on the tabletop.

That's cute as hell.

plays well too.

They are even routing off the table :3

tilean armies filled to the brim with mercs are AESTHETIC as fuck.

its a real good mod, but it brings the question, is it possible to make it so the regiments of renown have a 1 turn cooldown minimum after being hired to prevent spamming

They said specifically the ones that were supported for 8th ed.
Though the datamining found that the map extends all the way past Zharr Nagrund which is curious.

I sort of need them to add Skaven and parts of the darklands just to make the current Dwarf campaign harder.

well, what can you say for a race whose main hat is a... hat?

ah man I was just a kid with no income when dat army was still around.
Real shame they squatted those Dogs of War, best army best armylist.

So much conversion potential.

so, Brets treat peasants like shit and foreigners with respect. why haven't any peasants trying bathing and learning some reikspiel to pass for Imperials? wouldn't work in big cities or with important nobles, but you don't need perfect reikspiel to fool some petty barons in backward rural castles. you can make a living traveling the countryside and pretending to be a travelling imperial somebody, guesting in every small castle you come across.

> Peasants
> Learning

good point
i don't know what came over me

They use selective breeding to keep the peasants dumb.

Looking at TW that has brought Vlad back, could Vlad be brought back in mainstream WHFB without Nagash fuckery?

I guess that it robs away some of the percieved nobility from the good guys. I like it.

busty
halfling
barmaids

No.

Good guys in Warhammer never used to be paragons of virtue except in special cases (or elves... Even then not always)
It was part of the charm, a world with very human characters in it.

I get that. However, a lot of he later writer seemed to have a hero boner.

Yes.

Mannlet was, despite being slain at Hel Fenn. Powerful vampires have VERY strong willpower, and can linger on even after death. There's a ritual spell in Night's Dark Masters that concerns returning such vampires to the mortal world.

You just want an excuse to post pages from Alfie, don't you?

yeah, but Mannfred's corpse was left in a bog and forgotten, all he needed was some crazy dude to give him some blood

Vlad was turned to ashes and I don't quite remember, but didn't they bury him in hallowed ground or something?

You may need a stronger ritual, then. Getting ahold of some of the ashes would be the main thing, and I tend to think SOMEONE must have grabbed a jar-o-Vlad.

hm... there are Lahmians among nobles of Altdorf, right?

I recall in the 4'th edition Undead army book he was ressurected by a half-botched ritual when Gotrek & Felix crashed a mad Necromancer's ritual at Castle Drakenhof. The ressurected Mannfred being brought back naked had to run and hide like a bitch. Gotrek even wounded him when he cut Mannfred's mistform with his axe.

>ancient Dwarfs devise the grudges as a deterrent against enemies
>"You hurt us, we'll hurt you more, whatever it takes, so think twice."
>instead of thinking twice enemies make a sport out of it

also, is it valid to call ancient dwarfs "cavedwarfs", seeing as they still live in caves...

>Dwarves
>Not Dwarfs

You had one job, user, one job. But eh... it's too late for that now, I guess.

>Elfs

"Elves" is actually the plural of "elf" and "dwarfs" is the plural of "dwarf". "Dwarves" is a misspelling by Tolkien.

Oh yes, as I've mentioned here basically anything written after about mid 2000s drops in quality like a fucking stone.

There are good bits here and there but no respect for written lore and no subtlety at all characterises modern gw books.

>knives
>elves
>wives
>scarves
>DWARFS

Yes, and?

>Dwarfs
>Wharfs

Spankable ones.

Ratmen = Skaven
Lizardmen = Itzatecah
Beastmen = ????

Welcome to English.

Gotrek's axe had killed more important things than that mudblood.

>Dwarfs
>Wharfs
>ELVES

Beastmen = Baaaaaa

See

why are they called LizardMEN? they have no beards and no balls (I mean literally. I know they are brave). they should be called Lizardfolk.

Because that's the name applied to them by Old Worlders. They probably didn't check for genitalia when attacked in the jungle.

Oh, definitely. There are Lahmians everywhere, but major cities especially. Hell, for a while it was speculated that Emmanuelle von Liebewitz was one, but it was confirmed false.

>absolutely everyone in Warhammer universe is either a Lahmian or a Changeling, all pretending to be various factions for their own ends

Yeah, that's how I feel about it too. The last fluff I remember that I enjoyed reading from GW was the 5'th edition Dark Eldar codex. It was like if Pat Mills sat down and told Phil Kelly what to write; word for word.

Damnit guys.

I thought this was a mod that used the actual tabletop rules and shit and got super excited.

Source on those minis please? I may want to buy a box.

looks like Russian Alternative to me

you can only hire a maximum of 1 regiment of renown.

>Turn based rules in an RTS.

Whats their quality like? Those trolls are tempting as a painting project.

quality is top-tier, but many fine details means it can be fiddly to assemble and can break easily
also they are resin
other than that - some of the best minis I've seen

Yeah I thought someone modded it so it was a you-go-I-go turn thing, then when units hit they rolled and such.

I'm sure someone could do it.

>at every action giant dice roll on the battlefield, sometimes knocking soldiers down

Gotta watch out for the housecat.

Aelfs, Oruks

Shhh... You'll trigger them.

Don't you mean Aelfs™ and Orruks™?

why ain't Bretonnia got Holy Hand Grenade? it's such an iconic arthurian artefact.

And the reason English is insane is because it changes over time.

And an fs is very unpleasant to say

So I won't it I can help it

I wonder what design CA will go with for Chaos Dwarfs in TW:WH - the more recent Forgeworld models or the older GW models?

or nothing

I have a possibly stupid question about the second edition RPG,
one of my players for my first game rolled an elf apprentice wizard and I know that he gains the petty magic, but has he to choose one lore of magic like a human when he becomes a journeyman wizard or not?

probably the FW models.
I think SEGA is trying to make relic and CA work together more often now, since htey are going to focus on the PC gaming market.

Chaos Dwarfs have been confirmed for a long time mate.

so has been Dance Studio in WoW.
never trust video game devs. they all lie.

forge world, definitely

Assuming the wizard is attending the colleges of magic - yes.

Realms of Sorcery actually has very little to say on elven mages in the Empire that I can find. I assume Imperial-born elves can join the colleges in the usual way.
If they're from Ulthuan you can say they're learning their first wind and must master each before learning proper High Magic.
If they're from Laurelorn or similar - fucked if I know.

Thanks, I guess I will have him take his first lore at journeyman and let him pick another after master if he makes it that far, but I'm not sure if he has to attend the colleges since he comes from Marienburg.

Kewl!

Yes. Elves do NOT belong to the colleges and do NOT pay dues, but they can only learn one Arcane lore and one Dark lore (not that they should!). A PC wizard elf is basically a baby learning to say 'momma,' and it's only after the Wizard Lord career that they're ready to learn proper elven magic. That, however, is beyond the game's scope.

Because Monty Python isn't funny or interesting.

you must be french

Watch out, he might taunt you a second time!

Isn't that what a changeling would say?

well, since i have a dick and balls, I can't be Lahmian, so I'm totally a Changeling

There are male Lahmians. They're rare but still exist.

what? oh god, I may have been serving a wrong master on wrong assumptions!

Hey Op you're an asshole. Now I'm considering doing a properly airbrushed Chaos dwarf display army.

Any one do decent bull centaurs or bulls you can attach the torsos to?

Fabio is a prime example.

Gisoreux pretty much does that, only without actually trying to speak Reikspiel. You're forced to take a bath with two 'helpers' in most villages, just because it's hard to hide Chaos mutations if you're naked, but some people get by on Gisoreuxian nightly hospitality for a while.

Sometimes I wonder how they get around. Don't people notice the unusual amount of pale ladies who tend to stay indoors unless it's dark out, and seem to have a bewitching effect on those around her?

Forge world has amazing bull centaurs but they are Fuck huge

Mantic has bulk centaurs but they are very, well, manticy.

Can't copyright Aelf, its been used many times before. Particularly by Ral Partha.

Not really. Being pale was stylish for most of history. Nobility often covered up or stayed indoors in the day.

Like a viking covered in jewelry, fat Dutchmen, or Chinese nobles with long fingernails. It means you aren't a laborer.

Also meiko for blood bowl centaurs and scibor has a few as well

Either him or shota cat boys.