Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Where were you when the great Myth-Weavers apocalypse happened? How will you be rebuilding your sheets, wallowing in despair, and/or killing yourself?

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/rmw8pi
dreamscarred.com/product/bloodforge-infusions-esoteric-energies/
myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34991
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4598188/tentative-party-subject-to-change-based-on-schedules
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12138250#post12138250
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Made the bad decision of posing the question at the end of the last thread, so I'll post it here instead:

What's a good 3rd party adventure path? We've already played (and died on) Way of the Wicked.

What's the best class to gestalt with a low-Cha Barbarian who begins level 1 with a fly speed.

It feels like all my old friends are gone. I remember the times where I was bored or lonely and I would revisit my old character sheets and nostalgia about adventures long past as I read their journal entries.

I really regret duplicating and sorting my sheets then deleting the year old originals.

Here is yet another update to Bloodforge: Infusions: Esoteric Energies:
sendspace.com/file/rmw8pi

Unfortunately, the email did not mention what, specifically was actually updated.

Of particular note in this document is the new Mixed Blood trait, which replaces the Mixed Blood feat from the original Bloodforge 1. It is now considerably easier to count as just about any type or subtype you desire, while gaining bonuses out of it. This means that you can pick up feats like Altered Life, Unnatural Vitality, Vestigial Wings, and/or Aerial Wings far more easily now.

If you enjoy this product, consider purchasing it on the Dreamscarred Press website:
dreamscarred.com/product/bloodforge-infusions-esoteric-energies/

>This is the closest thing as I can get to relating to this guy

Alchemist for Mutagen+Rage memes

myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34991

Why the hell is everyone calling someone who DOESN'T immediately forgive the admin a "troll"?

So now I'm building my character for shattered star.

The plan is quite literally involving a shattered star. He is a Witch/Fighter likely.

The plan is to go Myrmidon Fighter. On the wizard side at level 5 he will head into Stargazer.

Now the part of the back story I am working on is this. He was a student, an astronomer and meteorite hunter. He was extremely interested in sky metals and the like. He at some point in the past was caught in the explosion of a meteorite's impact and lost his right arm/part of the leg/right eye/portion of his flank. The idea is that he found something at the epicenter of the explosion. Either from the meteorite or uncovered by it, that lead him on the path first to the Pathfinder Society and then to Maginmar towards recovering the Shattered Star.

I'm going to be using the Prosthetic rules to replace his limbs and possibly thinking of paying for a regeneration later.

How dumb does this sound?

Also I am considering switching to a different second half, however all the partial initiators seem to be either Charisma or Wisdom based rather than int. Maybe the Polymath instead?

I still have her old sprite, but I was thinking about rerolling anyway. So, this oughta go well enough.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4598188/tentative-party-subject-to-change-based-on-schedules

>Kimbrely dropped out
>Kagerou dropped out

>Nemone gets in

No justice.

>Where were you when the great Myth-Weavers apocalypse happened?
What happened?
I never used myth-weavers, I always keep my character sheets on my home pc.

>You never stated what time
>You're right, bye
Players, talk to your DMs to get a feel for their schedule.

All data from after July of last year was lost.

I am mourning the loss of characters for three current campaigns and one backup character in case one dies that took 3 days to build the first time

Literally everything from up to about 6-7 months ago got nuked due to a cock-up, so everyone that had new sheets between that time and now is gone.

Is Flying Blade any good as a Swashbuckler archetype? If not, is there a better way to ranged swashbuckler?

iirc you got your choices of Flying Blade and Picaroon. You've got your choices between Throwing Weapons or Firearms.

Quick Draw + Blinkback Belt with your choice(s) of daggers/starknives and you're set on Flying Blade. Meanwhile, Firearms are what they are.

I tried doing Flying Blade once, but when we hit level 3 I swapped my character out for a different character (Life Oracle) to suit the party's needs.

Originally, I intended on doing a Flying Blade + Knife Master rogue mix, but never got to finish it.

He DID say the time though.

>mfw I'm trying to remember what all Shizuka had

At some point i'm just entering pure bullshit mode.

same

my chains rattle with anger

I know you wanted to be Jetstream Sam personality wise, But did you also make her like him game play wise?

Oh yes.

Bushi Warder/Kensai Bladebound Magus

I know the broad strokes of my character build, but the specifics aren't things that stick in my head

I think I remembered all her traits and drawbacks

Bushi ZS warder*

I think I've got the feats back in order too

And her armor and weapons are all simple enough.

Time for the Real test
do you remember the gear?

Retards who didn't keep offline backups getting massively bothered that a server glitch dumped all data from 08/2016 onwards.

I only had like three meaningful pieces of gear, an Effortless Lace for the Katana, the Blackblade Katana itself.. And I think a Haramaki? There was a few more things but fuck if I know... Don't know skills or what all my maneuvers known were either

The Myth-Weavers guy wrote a post-mortem to explain the gross incompetence that happened!

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12138250#post12138250

Some people didn't keep offline backups because they thought there was some degree of competence behind myth weavers; at least enough to have some contingency in a case like this

Wow, that is a massive fuck up.
To wit, what are the odds of something like this happening? Saying that they are "retards" is just being a cuntwaffle.

Are there any "must have" archetypes for Barbarian? Invulnerable Rager seems like one

Same user as , but what's the alternative for a high-mid charisma Barbarian?

Hey, he recognizes that he fucked up, and by a lot

Not sure what more I could ask for at this point

how would you build Ameiko Kaijitsu in Gestalt?

Bonus round: must include Bard in some way.

bard/swashbuckler

fatigue immunity from Oracle

If you're going to be a mid-high cha Barb why not just be a Bloodrager?

Pretty much the same. Alchemist | Barbarian is a great gestalt as long as your Int isn't 7.

If you don't like the idea of the combination, you could go with Oracle for fatigue immunity with the Lame curse so you can Rage cycle efficiently at level 5

Invulnerable Rager is good, but it got nerfed slightly recently thanks to FAQ. Armored Hulk is also a favorite of mine. Savage Technologist and Urban Barbarian are also used pretty often for certain builds.

>Invulnerable Rager is good, but it got nerfed slightly recently thanks to FAQ

What changed?

It is no longer compatible with the Increased Damage Reduction Rage Power, so you can't stack your DR/- as well as before.

It's probably still the best Barb archetype with Stalwart and Come And Get Me synergy, but it's slightly less best than it was before

The resident dev team soothsayer decreed that Invulnerable Rager is no longer allowed to take the Damage Reduction rage power, despite said power being on the list of recommended rage powers for the archetype.

Jesus christ how does grappling/pinned/prone interact I'm fucking dying.

What's the deal with weapon chords?

>The resident dev team soothsayer decreed that Invulnerable Rager is no longer allowed to take the Damage Reduction rage power, despite said power being on the list of recommended rage powers for the archetype.

Brilliant. What does Urban Barbarian do?

>Brilliant. What does Urban Barbarian do?
Opens up a DEX based barbarian

I'm not super familiar with Alchemist as a class since I've played more 3.5 and dropped off around the time Pathfinder became the biggest game in town. But if you're willing to bear with answering a few questions:

What are the main combat-relevant class features and mechanics for Alchemists?

Which of their abilities have good synergy with Barbarians?

Do they have any super cool utility abilities besides brewing potions?

The guy on the left seems like a cool dude and the guy on the right seems like he wouldn't be a very sensitive lover.

>What are the main combat-relevant class features and mechanics for Alchemists?
Mutagen

>Which of their abilities have good synergy with Barbarians?
Mutagen

>Do they have any super cool utility abilities besides brewing potions?
Mutagen

Would you allow a Rakshasa Tiefling for Fienidish Sorcery to Apply for a Rakshasa Bloodline Sorcerer?

>What are the main combat-relevant class features and mechanics for Alchemists?
Basically all of them, but for this gestalt, you will want to focus on the Mutagen, since it gives a +4 to Str that stacks with pretty much every other possible bonus to Str, and can scale with Discoveries

>Which of their abilities have good synergy with Barbarians?
Mostly just mutagen, but that's all you really need

>Do they have any super cool utility abilities besides brewing potions?
The Vivisectionist Archetype gives them sneak attack instead of bombs, and since bombs are not good unless you invest heavily into Int, there is no real reason not to take this archetype.

Pinned supersedes grappling, it is a direct upgrade.
Pinned and Prone stack in terms of disadvantages.
They allow you to pick up a dropped weapon as a minor action.

Holy shit the incompetence.

>pic

She looks uncomfortable. I don't blame her, that outfit has got to be all kinds of impractical and those two nearly-naked men are /not/ helping by using her horns as armrests. I mean, that's just rude.

A'ight /pfg/, this is probably a dumb question, but is there any way to "draw aggro," so to speak, besides the Compel Hostility spell?

(me)
Also sneak attack isn't really utility, but it is a relevant thing to add on to the character.

Basically the Alchemist can do anything the Rogue can do, but it is generally more competent than the Rogue.

Sure. I personally think it was a stupid thing that they don't automatically count for that, same as Dhampir with the Undead bloodline.

>A'ight /pfg/, this is probably a dumb question, but is there any way to "draw aggro," so to speak, besides the Compel Hostility spell?
Is 3pp allowed here? If so, the Warder's Armiger's Mark imposes on whoever you hit a penalty on attack rolls and forces concentration checks on spells against any target that isn't you.

Makes sense to me.

You mean is there any way to force enemies to confront you in order to fulfill the whole "tank/frontliner" appeal?
No, not really, outside the Warden's Armiger Mark and a handful of maneuvers.

There might be something in PoW, but aside from that not really unless you want to issue challenges like a Samurai.

Soo to give you more then this guy The alchemist has a few different ways to fight depending on the archetype but because you're going Barb go with Vivisectionist. It trades out bombs for Sneak Attack.

The other big thing next to mutagen is discoveries. Which can get you Wings, which you might want so you can Pounce flying creatures.

Hope this helped.

I'll check specifically with the GM, since I'm not sure how much of PoW is allowed. Thanks!

Well

I think I've got most of it done

Fuck me this was annoying

There's also the Guardian sphere from SoM and the Intimidating Taunt vigilante talent from Legendary Villains - Vigilantes.

How much did you lose and which ones were in active games?

Spell like abilities take a turn (usually), but do they require incantations or are they recognized in any way by someone else?

20+ characters

only 2 in games because i suck at apps ;w;

Treat your dorafs well!

>Mutagen
So it's a straight buff and most of the discoveries are body horror buffs that work well with a barbarian? I notice vestigial arms can be used to wield weapons. Can you use it to duel-wield two two-handed weapons?

I'm actually playing a Strix, so I'm starting with a fly speed. But thanks!

As a sorceror, can you remove a bloodline granted spell on an even (4 or above) level up?

>Can you use it to duel-wield two two-handed weapons?
If you could, the penalties would be enormous.

Damn, makes me glad I didn't stumble on Myth until the RotJR games popped up.

And don't say they suck! I'm sure they're great!

Should it be though? You are technically using two hands on each weapon.

They can still be identified via knowledge/spellcraft, still require concentration checks if threatened, struck, etc.

Standard Action, sorry.

Well.. Shizuka is mostly back

So, if you use them for two-weapon fighting you will eat penalties. IF you're GM is nice an lets you take multiweapon fighting then the penalty is only -4/-4.

If you're using Two-Weapon Fighting it's still -4 /-4 and you'll have to deal with the stupid virtual handedness FAQ

What's the best class to Gestalt with Vigilante?

Depends entirely what you're going to do with Vigilante

Totally fair. Those extra arms are probably better for other stuff anyway, like holding a shield and a wizard staff unlocked via UMD.

>Playing a Strix
I forgot this started with a request for a barb that could fly at 1st lv. Woops.

So other possible useful discoveries for this character things like Spontaneous Healing, which gives you a pseudo fast healing ability.

>twfing great swords.
You Could, bit the penalties would be pretty high.

What kind of Vigilante do you want to be? There's a lot of archetypes and options, so it depends on the idea you want to run with.

What archetypes do you have on Vigilante?

Player of mine decided to make a racist character, and rolled randomly a few races he hates. Ended up with Dwarves, Drow, and Gnomes. He was deciding on some slurs for them.

When we got to it he ended up not telling me till calling one that. He met a dwarf and later confided in another NPC that "he wouldn't work alongside a dwigger".

As I GM I saw half the players were offended, half thought it was funny, at that moment I couldn't help but burst out laughing. For some reason it was just how he said it, it ended up hilarious to me.

universalist wizard any good?

I really like the Wildsoul, even though it's just an excuse to be an animal-themed cape on the down-low.

Not really

You're almost always better off choosing a school unless you want to be a crafter then choose the arcane builder subschool.

I'm reading a huge debate on the Paizo forums about whether or not PrC (with caster levels) progress certain spell relevant features, such as learning new spells or advancing wizard school powers as wizards, gaining bloodline spells as sorcerer and similar stuff.

What's your take on this?

So how good is the human paladin's FCB?

To me this is particularly interesting because some school powers explicitly reference caster levels and others do wizard levels, where it makes me wonder whether this is an oversight.

I'm playing a Pathwalker psychic warrior in a future game (mostly because it looks like an utter clusterfuck). Any advice?

Tell the guy to be a little more creative with his slurs if he is going to make shit up.
He went LCD there, I'd expect better.
Generally, prcs will bring spell levels, which bring the new spells, but not class features relating to spells, such as bloodline spells.

The rules are pretty damn explicit about all of that, so there should be no debate in the first place. You don't gain any class abilities like bloodline or school powers unless the PrC explicitly states that it advance those. You do gain spells known if that's part of the level progression, but you do not learn new spells if you're a wizard or other prepared caster unless you know your entire list by default.

My opinion would be no, it does not unless specified in the PrC itself but it wouldn't surprise me if some abilities were in fact worded to allow it.

This is my take:
>you get new spells known if a spontaneous
>you add new spells to your spell book /familiar/etc. if prepared
>advanced your CL
>gives you access to new spell levels (at appropriate for what ever classes spellcasting it is advancing)
Nothing besides these unless the PrC calls them out. Bloodline/mystery/domain spells are class features.

>you add new spells to your spell book /familiar/etc. if prepared
FAQ explicitly says that you don't.

How would you rule a completely incontinent character?

Get that shit outta here.

>51607410
Yeah, that's probably not happening at my table.

I know. I have them get added because I think them not being added is silly.

Particularly for witches who need to find other witches to add spells to their familiar.

Sorry, either find another witch or teach the familiar from a scroll.

Witches are fucked over enormously when trying to take a PrC because for them adding spells relies on finding other witches or spending a fuck ton on consumables rather than the relatively cheap costs to look at a wizard's/alchemists/magus/arcanist/investigator spell/formulae book.

Actually witches can use scrolls to add them as well, although that uses up the scroll.

Also, wizards have next to no class features anyway, so it's only fair that they lose SOMETHING going into PrC. Acquiring new spells shouldn't be too hard anyway.