/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 1 (1d20)

WOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLF edition
Every single TSon is S7 T7 AP2 invisible with 4++ 4+++ and reroll every single dice possible subedition.

Previous thread >INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

First for best primarch!

What are you working on tonight?

How do I make my Custodes Shield captain stand out from the other Custodes? Simply give him a cloak or a bare head?

Reverse the colour scheme between his armour and his cloak.

Event only isnt it? I won't be able to buy it.

So red armour and golden cloak?

Wait for FW to make a generic HQ model for them.

RESIN SISTERS WHEN

More eagles, different crest color, different colors on the leather bits or the shoulder pad color.

>sistersfags are in 30k now as well

kill me

>Event only isnt it? I won't be able to buy it.
Event-only minis are one thing that practically everyone thinks can be justifiably bought from Chinaman.

That sister has two topknots. They look like pigtails. What is blanche even doing.

Was working on an apothecary, but then realized I don't have all the bits for it. And I've lost my paperclips, so no pinning shit either. At least I finally I ordered some shoulder pads that I can make my Indomitus squad.

man
i need to go to more of these events

I just want my excruciatus and pursuer cadres. And power axes.

Have hope, I found my Skorr on ebay, paid about 40 pounds for it, including delivery from the UK.

Indeed, being event-only justifies recasts.

Rhinos for Sisters when?

Why are loyalist Legions so boring or dumb thematically/visually?

I got my Skorr for $6 as an addon to my chinaman order.

Never, FW gave them the dildofleshlight as a transport vehicle and that is what they will have to make do with.

>Women coming out of a phallic shaped vehicle
>FW : "This is fine."

White Scars at least are a legion where their initial lore gimmick was so stupid it forced authors to actually give them character.

All the other loyalists not so much.

So why are TSons, bananas and yiffs OP?

Everyone is complaining about powercreep.

because spikes can go in more places than eagles

Because nobody's played with or against them yet.

Just bought this one. I don't know the author, haven't read the book yet, but I thought I'd share.

Considering that's the guy's first 40k novel, if you liked it, buyt it, it'll be nice to him.

Good reading lads.

How good will it be?

If that gun is the heavy 420 cannon off the calladius, then pretty good.

By everybody you mean one shitposter.

Magnus is absurd, shield captain is absurd. Terminators are a bit cheap. Other than that it's fine.

How did the Thousand Sons become so popular?

IF are fine.

Will sisters get any other vehicles?

>how the GK Dreadknight should look like

Nerds just love Nerds: The Legion.

They were always popular.

No one played them because Rubrics are unplayably overcosted in 40k and it is impossible to play a fluffy TSons army that can win.

So they all have other armies. Armies that don't get tabled turn 3 and can cause more than 273 pts of damage during the game.

But now TSons have legion tactics, so all the people with 40k TSon displays can make a 30k army and play games without know they lost when they accepted the game.

I wanna like it, but the fact that it's based off of the Mk1 Terminator Armor bothers me to no end....

May end up getting one and with a little sanding, paint it up on legion colors

>Space Nerds
>cool design
>compelling story and characters, especially when compared to other characters

because when I was young I wanted to be a wizard, blue is my favourite colour, I had an emo phase when I was 11-13 because I was getting bullied so 'all is dust' fit well with me. My autism gave me a parralel to how when not around certain people I act like a robot and fail. and because they get the best of tzeentch without growing an eye on their dick

>yiffs OP

Their rules are decent but not that powerful, Russ kills shit 1v1 and doesnt do much else.

1ksons are so modular because of their reliance on psychic powers that you can either go full on cheese which will leave you a bit outnumbered when compared to other legions or you could do a normal legion list with some psychic support.

I'm talking about how they became popular in the first place, before Shitferno.

So it's like autists just love the Iron Warriors?

Can I add let's say custode terminators to a SoS army without having a custode HQ?

Reposting this from the previous thread:
Word Bearer daemonfag here.
Until I get more units, I'll be running Zone Mortalis games so pic related interests me. In ZM FOC there's no primary detachment, only in AoD FOC, right? Meaning I could do without a second compulsory Chaplain or Centurion HQ and thus be free to use the Dark Brethren Rite which required a Diabolist.
Also, Mhara Gal how big a dick is one for using it in ZM?

Personally I like Thousand Sons immensely because the main thing I respect is intellect and knowledge, and also firmly believe that willfull ignorance is the worst trait of humanity.

>So it's like autists just love the Iron Warriors?
The real autists are Custodes, read MoM.

aren't they separate armies though?

Someday, FW said they plan on doing a redbook for Talons of the Emperor, so it's expected they'll get more units there.

Think so.

Yes. For some reason Sisters need a HQ per 3 units while Custodes have no such limitation. Would love to take a Sisters unit with my Custodes, but can't take them since Allies can only have 1 HQ and I'm not giving up my Captain.

No, they're one list.

Mostly because they're the same as in 40k, so we're familiar with them. I really think that's it. There wouldn't be as much excitement if World Eaters were already in their red+brass scheme, for example.

It's a missed opportunity. Okay, they've stayed away from giving the Dark Angels all the robes and plasma they have in 40k - that's great. And they changed the SW's shade of gray. But the Blood Angels have the same decorations as they do in 40k. Why? They could've done something wild like make them a flyer-heavy legion specialized in fighting in the atmosphere of gas planets. Or at least removed all the tear motifs and made that an affectation they adopted after losing Sanguinius.

The Salamanders didn't have to be the fire legion. They could've had some other random obsession, and then late in the Heresy they declared themselves "reborn like the phoenix" and THEN became obsessed with flame weapons.

The Iron Hands should've had more legion-specific Mechanicum units than the Thousand Sons. At least their color scheme isn't quite the same as in 40k... though still pretty dull.

It makes sense for Imperial Fists to be ramrod-straight and boring, and they got all their cool shield units. And as the template for 40k chapters and the healthiest post-Heresy legion, it was best not to mess with Ultramarines too much. But the others could've been changed more.

RoW are designed for the AoD force org. The other ones don't allow them unless the mission says you can take them. (This stuff is in the beginning of Red Book.)

If your running ZM games, you can use the AoD Force org and a RoW or the ZM force org for it's bonuses.

Dreadnoughts are generally awesome on ZM and you should make sure that you can kill one if it comes to play. The fact that the Mhara Gal can bypass most obstacles is awesome also.

Just make sure that you mention that you might bring things with AVs when you schedule a game, just as courtesy. It's nice when your playing someone to let them know you might bring a Dreadnought to a infantry fight. (Just so they know to bring something that can deal with it. You don't have to tell them it's a Mhara Gal. That would ruin the surprise!)

I'm starting a word bearers army, could you tell me how did you choose what chapter to use and how does it show on your minis? Thanks!

Speaking of allies, what level of ally are the Talons of the Emperor? Sworn Brothers with loyalists?

I would presume they're "Agents of the Emperor". So Sworn Brothers with all Loyalists. Doesn't say re. Traitors, but I'd presume they'll get Agents of the Warmaster instead.

Has anyone here checked to see if the Seminars are on Twitch yet?

Dunno, if Ryan Kimmel says they're OP, I'm inclined to believe him. He's the rules guru as far as I'm concerned.

TSons have 2W Terminators that don't pay much for that wound and their other special stuff. They get enough dice to be guaranteed to get some of the psychic powers that are generally considered OP, like invisibility. And Magnus is really good against a wide variety of targets.

Custodes might be easy to shoot off the table. In isolation, Valdor sounds OP for the points, and giving everyone Deep Strike is insane, but not having an assault tank and being expensive might balance things out (except in ZM). This one's less obvious than TSons.

SW have an incredible primarch and their troops choice is a lot more versatile than any others. The jury is still out about how nasty they are without Russ.

The tears are probably blood drops now, but when you're best legion it will make you weep.

>Ryan Kimmel

Who?

I'd say thousand sons are damn good, but they can still be dealt with. SW are fine. I honestly expected more from them.

Right, well that's excellent news!

>Ryan Kimmel
Radio free istvaan, 30k podcast.

You knew it was going to happen.

Tsons termies are suspiciously cheap. Magnus is pretty ridiculous for a primarch which makes him about even with a real LoW.

Russ kills things in melee, wolves are pretty mediocre otherwise.

>If your running ZM games, you can use the AoD Force org and a RoW or the ZM force org for it's bonuses.
I see. There was some mention of Rites in ZM so I thought that they can be normally applied to ZM FOC. To be frank, I've been occupied in the fluff sections mostly, and rules being all over the place didn't help much. Thank you for clearing that up.

>Mhara Gal
Yes, I guess you're right about mentioning fielding AV. I'm asking about it because of that rule, I wouldn't want it to break the game.

I'll go with the Black Comet if I'm able to freehand it, since it doesn't have transfers. Simply the rule of cool.
If I can't paint it on minis, I might invent my own for painting's sake. I haven't painted any minis yet as I decided upon Word Bearers only few hours ago, it was them or Thousand Sons, but then I saw all the daemons I have on sprues so it wasn't a hard choice to make.
Books 3 and 5 have some chapter iconography with scarce description if you're interested in more. Several chapters already bear some reminiscence to specific gods, such as Osseous Throne and Tri-fold Crown if you're into that, but they should still be undivided in allegiance.

>The jury is still out about how nasty they are without Russ.
Shouldn't be any nastier than the Black Reaving Sons of Horus.

>Books 3 and 5
Books 2 and 5

I'm almost glad Wolves are are meh. At least they won't get shit for being OP snowflakes.

Just bring the Mhara Gal once and if it breaks the game, then you know and you won't bring it again.

Worst case you have one bad game and know better.

>I'm talking about how they became popular in the first place, before Shitferno.

Because they have a better story than many other factions in this game.

>guys that have been loyally following the Emperor BEFORE the Greate Crusade
>got named by the Emperor himself
>start suffering flesh-change
>other Legions ask Emps to dismantle the Thousand Sons
>Emperor and Magnus start warp-chat way earlier their physical meeting
>Imperial Court discover Prospero and Magnus
>everything goes well and dandy; flesh-change is abated
>Prosperine knowledge and education methods are the best in the galaxy
>noone suffers from perils, even in the place with the most concentration of psykers/sq. mt. in space
>flesh-change comes back, Magnus has to make a deal with unknown forces
>goes off Crusading with his kids, conquer many planets without having to expend too many Imperial resources
>With his best bros Khan and Sanguinius, start the Librarius program
>jealousy strikes many in the Imperium; they demand psykery to be culled
>Nikaea happens; Marines cannot use their abilities to help against enemies
>basically neutering Thousand Sons, which don't have the manpower of other legions to battle like them
>Magnus and his crew go in seclusion, studying the warp
>Erebus, the dickiest person in the galaxy, sways Lorgar and Horus to Chaos
>Magnus tries to help his loved brother to stop going down such path
>His wise words are nothing to the sweet predicaments of Chaos
>Tries to warn the Emperor about Horus
>Destroys the webway and the golden throne projects
>Emps doesn't even listen to him and tells him he's fucked
>Emps sends Space Wolves to bring back Magnus
>Horus intercepts Russ and alters his orders. Wolfy-man doesn't even blink, having now a good excuse to purge the bookworms
>Magnus, stricken with guilt, sends many of his sons away and close all communications to and from Prospero, awaiting his fate

If you don't take Russ you are literally SoH/WE tier, Competent but not frustrating to play against. Don't feel bad at all.

You never know your luck, they might get buffed. The B&C tactics thread for the wolves is basically just people saying they wish they had better rules, and talking about putting pressure on forgeworld to buff them like they did the justaerin.

I was thinking of the twisting rune as I hate ultramarines (also a friend plays them) so it makes sense. Then I realized that they where exterminated in Calth so it would be restrictive for their use later because I am a lore autist. I have ordered the transfers from FW but I still don't know what to do.
Being a heretic is hard

This, the story of the thousand sons is basically a classical tragedy, and classical tragedies are some good shit.

(cont)
>His generals don't think like him and bravely fight Space Wolves, Custodes and Sisters of Silence
>Raptora libs create a immense shield to protect Tizca against orbital fire
>One of them controls a fucking Warlord Titan with his mind
>They manage to hold the tide, until Tzeentch shows his hand and flesh-change comes back
>Civilians aren't spared of the Imperial wrath
>All is dus... lost, until Magnus finally joins in
>S: D novas everywhere
>Imperial Agents get fucked left and right
>Russ and Magnus duel
>After a hard battle, Magnus loses
>Finally he gives up and Tzeentch takes him and the rest of the legion away

They remained loyal to the bitter end of Tizca. They never wanted to betray the Imperium, and still the Imperium didn't care. Their struggle was for naught. Their hope was crushed. They're the underdogs of Horus Heresy.

And yet they endured. They managed to kick the Wolves' ass twice after HH.

That's why I love them.

That sounds good but how many months did you wait to get it?

Well, the Wolf Guard terminators are a bit shit. I calculated that if I used my terminator squad as Wolf Guard, I'd pay 150pts. extra for +1 str. on power weapons and a buffed charge. Maybe if they were 2 wounds and available as command squad, I'd actually consider it some more.

Destroyer Wolves are better than regular ones, even though they don't get jump packs and Grey Slayers I find to be nice, though the entry is a mess and in dire need of editing.

True enough.

All the Ultramarine haters died on Calth so at least it suits you. You can always go with a broken chapter structure later in the Heresy, though I suppose most Word Bearers retained their organisation despite the scheming and rampant backstabbing in order to gain more power.
There's Graven Star, Flayed Hand, Serrated Sun and the Unspeaking icons on FW transfers, just in case.

>bananas
You mean cuckstodes?

Is the /hhg/ podcast still happening? If it is, for the love of all that is holy, make sure the hosts sound nice. I started listening to Radio Free Istvaan and dear God the one guy sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Like someone combined Sheldon cooper and the teenager from the Simpsons. Like his balls are in the process of dropping during the episode. Fuck.

>They're the underdogs of Horus Heresy.
>*unsheathes psychic powers*
>*kills all of the custodes and space wuffs*
The raven guard, iron hands and salamanders are the underdogs of the horus heresy. Made irrelevant without fanfare in the opening stages of the fight, with basically nothing to show for it.

What where the space wolves called before they found russ, and does anyone have the pic of their field police?

>the file is damaged and could not be repaired

Stop forcing such a bad meme

Who are they cucking?

less than 30 days generally, I'm on the west coast though.

Primarchs

Huh, never thought of it that way, and didn't know the definition fit so well. Thanks!

So as I want to build a Whale-Stormbird, what weapons should I include? 40k version has 4 turreted Lascannon and 3 Twin Hbolters, but AFAIK the 30k one has an extra las and no bolters. How would I go about representing the Void Shields and the Orbital Strike?

Also somewhat worried about having it the right size, since the models I can find are 15" long, and that's about 4" short. I suppose I could put some engines on the tail and add a plume of exhaust, and tell my opponents they can shoot that too?

Also, what crazy stuff could I do with it? Going to have a gondola, upper deck and the fins will have the leading edge armoured and possibly loaded up with a couple missiles.
It's my Archmagos Genetor's personal ride, so I can go a bit mental. Was considering cutting an indent into the belly, having the skin stretched around all the mechanical bits and hatches leading from the gondola to the upper deck, and having the ribcage protrude from there to hold the gondola in place.

>Horus costs more than Magnus
>Magnus can casually vaporize him with Smite

I know i'm beating a dead horse at this point, but i still can't believe that FW thought that this was a good idea.

>new
They're a copy/paste.

Also how did you paint yours, if any? I found the recipe for the way I want to do mine, sadly don't have Carroburg Crimson right now so I'll try experimenting tomorrow with what I have.
Red's like in pic related (battlebunnies) but without airbrush and I yet have to decide on whether I'll do the regular silver trim or go with bronze for a more "Mesopotamian" feel.

Hopefully next edition nerfs psychics as a whole.

Test scheme for TS with spare dudes

>cuckstode king costs 270 points
>he can kill horus

Stormbird can become D-Bird by buying unlimited range S:D Ordnance for 150pts.

And he's still straight inferior to an Atrapos, especially if said atrapos has a household rank.

Psychics as a whole don't need nerfing, a lot of powers are pretty well balanced. Hell, just remove invisibility and you've gone a long way to fixing things.

Powers are crazy unbalanced. Biomancy, Divination, Technomancy and Summoning make others look like shit.

Yeah, I noticed. Looks shiny, especially since this is 30k and I don't have to worry about it instantly deleting my 'Bird on a bad scatter, since at worst it's 7HP. Still nasty, but more unlikely than before.

How the hell do i represent that, though? Maybe mount a Warhound Turbolaser turret on the top? Give the whale Eye Beams?

Put some sort of focus lens in the front of the head. a bit like the Space Battleship Yamato's wave motion cannon.

I agree with most of your comment, but some things are difficult to change.
We've got Sanguinius crying, and his ship is called the Red Tear.
And even though Vulkan out-phoenixes Fulgrim with the whole "reborn from a volcano" thing, the Salamanders are from Nocturne, aka the fire lizards live on a burning coal.
It just is.

Perhaps. But from those 3, I only really care about Raven Guard

I had not heard of that, and I suspect it would look cool, but I have no idea how to make that at all, and the lower half of the head may or may not be taken up being the top part of the command bridge.

Yeah, I know. But they could've made the Salamanders not be obsessed with Nocturne until their "rebirth". The Blood Angels aren't very Baaly.

I like that the SW have a totally different role during the Heresy compared to 40k, and the Dark Angels changed completely in character too (except they look dull in 30k). That's just two of the loyalists.

On the traitor side, six legions changed a lot (EC, WE, DG, TS, SoH, WB - okay, maybe the WB not as much) and that's why we like them so much.