Is buying investment gold a meme?

Is buying investment gold a meme?

Is it good to diversify and own at least some for the inevitable fiat crash?

listening to goldbugs is the worst decision i made in my lifetime

honestly at this point it is a meme, and i use to own kilos of silver

sure, you should own an ounce or so if you have more than 20k net worth, but most people around these parts would tell you that silver is probably a better buy. the best buys would be things that nobody is even talking about but you know will be in higher demand 5-10 years down the line, due to technology adoption or whatever.
disclaimer i own a couple hundred bucks of scrap silver

unless you live in a shit tier nation there isnt much risk of currency crash. all the vulnerabilities have been ironed out. Gold is mostly a meme and the "it only goes up" meme is less valid than BTC. just hold crypto.

I live in the UK, so I guess I should buy shitloads of gold

Gold should probably be worth a bit more then it is now, but it will never ever return to it's former glory and status. People just don't care about shiny rocks anymore and never will unless the world literally goes mad max in which case everyones dead anyways.

>gold
3x overpriced now

nah. Pound has been safe since 1995

Yes. Maybe buy uranium or plutonium.

>bagholding assets with a half-life

Polonium-210 a good buy?

Hedge your bets. Historically if you buy cheap, when the cycle changes you are holding what is valued. Value is based on trends, commodities are not trendy now but they will be. Just don't expect returns any time soon, if you don't benefit your children will.

What happened to all the niggers on here that were trying to sell fake gold from China on eBay?

Everything has a half-life even protons and neutrons

top kek

I'm putting 20% of my crypto gains in silver.

The Jewish rule was 1/3 in stocks, 1/3 in real estate and 1/3 in gold. Stocks and real estate were for returns, gold was for value and insurance.

The idea being, if war or some other kind of 'oh shit' moment happens and you need to run in the middle of the night, you can take the gold with you. Now if there is some kind of 'oh shit' war today, it would be the apocalypse, so gold would be useless.

I'm gonna start OP. I'll buy an ounce and maybe some silver too to start off with then accumulate depending on how bad things look like they could get and where the price of gold looks like it could go.

I'm waiting for this monster crash and the end of fiat many economists talk about.

>buy gold with btc
>sell gold to local vendor
>BADA BING BADA BOOM taxes evaded

Uhh yeah... if you can find a reliable vendor that won't scam you or sell you bars filled with tungsten (bitgild).

All available are selling gold at least 5-7% over spot price, and giving horrible exchange rate on BTC. Plan on loosing 10-20% off the top.

Capital gains tax is probably about the same for most people.

Nice idea, but to the math before you buy, and make sure you trust the vendor. Also get your gold tested. You might have worthless Chinese tungsten filed fakes otherwise.

Gov backed bullion is tax free. So buy whatever maple/eagle/sovereign your gov makes