EDH/Commander General

Tartar Control Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info
Commandeer Edition

>Thread Topic
What good card can you not bring yourself to add to your deck, no matter how good it is, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-trostani-tokens-1/
imageflip.net/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grab-the-dice/
edhrec.com/commanders/ur/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/multi-track-ramping-with-brozilek/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Favorite board wipes?
Is there a step above a board wipe, like pic related?

The Colgatening continues!

People were talking about how in colorless decks manarocks only need to produce colorless, so they ramp fast.

Which rocks would you use besides mind stone, hedron archive, dreamstone hedron, grim monolith, sol ring, mana crypt, thran dynamo and gilded lotus(?) Though?

Joira-ing into Jokulhaups followed by Kozilek? The end result is largely the same.

>Favorite Boardwipes
Pic related

Darksteel Ingot

Worn Powerstone and Everflowing Chalice are pretty decent too

Mana Vault, Basalt Monolith, Palladium Myr, Thought vessel

Cluestones. Everyone I know has at least a dozen.

All the signets.

Remember kids, don't proxy your tron lands

I'm glad my foolishness could birth this beautiful meme

Oh god, not tnt!

I can see Android 77's doodle

Karn Liberated betaredi_l nrb>| is pretty swank swank

>"It ain't gonna suck itslef."

Can you guys critique my Sensodyne token deck? I just put it together recently, I haven't even tested it out yet so I'm looking for some obvious design flaws.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-trostani-tokens-1/

>+4, Target player exiles
Fucking broken if you ask me

>Sensodyne

Remember to use imageflip.net/ for all this stupid shit

You can CascsasC him out too

It looks alright, but I'll say this I've NEVER had fun playing Trostani. I have all the pieces I need for a decent deck and every time I throw it together it's just boring. I'm someone who likes big stompy creatures and token shenanigans, but she never feels like I'm actually doing anything other than sitting there, playing fatties and gaining life. Even winning isn't fun for me.

YMMV, but she is my least favorite Sensodyne Commander.

>taking credit for someone else's meme

So, how do you guys feel about the idea of allowing Planeswalkers as Commanders, universally? Which ones are broken, which ones are underpowered? How would it change the format?

I am not, I posted my Varolz list where I accidentally called it Gruul by mistake.
I corrected it and it's right here: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grab-the-dice/

I'd love a Koth Oops All Mountains deck but
>JTMS, mono-U Tezz or LotV in command zone

This is basically the same thing except not banned.

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting here.

What are some auto includes in Crest colours?

I promise, this is the last one for today.

If there was more removal for planeswalkers I wouldn't mind

bruurb has a big dong

not gonna lie, m looks cool as fuck

I'd play the fuck out of nn

If that was the case, a few Commanders I'd want to try would include:
>Arlinn Kord
>Garruk, Apex Predator
>Gideon, Champion of Justice
>Sarkhan Unbroken
>Sorin, Grim Nemesis
>Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

are these final fantasy bosses or something?

uggu~

I'd probably build Nicol Bolas.

someone skipped leg day

>slaed ugustsugu deals

>napoopan

We do this at my lgs every so often. except uncommons and commons only in the deck. No Karn or Ugin either.

I'm running Freyalise Elves. I might switch to Nissa Vital Force because of the ease of ultimating and card recursion or i might do Garruk Wildspeaker for the overrun. I haven't decided yet mostly because my playgroup has been too busy to test lately.

Double-axe dick!

>toothpaste memes
>mirrored images

/edhg/ finally learned how to shitpost again, Im so proud. These have been the best threads since the Police State LGS

Who is the most interesting colgate commander? I have the Gitgud Toad but don't want to buy fetches/crucible. Are they that important? Anyone have a budget brew? Would get good be something you could splash leovold wheels or is it really a build around card?

edhrec.com/commanders/ur/
Scroll past the commanders to see the cards most commonly included in a typical Crest deck.

>Garruk would actually get to do some Apex Predating
neat

>police state lgs
Can you give me the quick and dirty?

Why basalt monolith, that doesn't even accelerate. And while mana vault is fast mana, it sucks after the first use no?

Holy fucking shit

I think Triumph of Ferocity is a pretty cool card. Eh triggers SJWs and doesn't afraid of anything.

>Listerinefags will defend this

I'm slowly upgrading the manabase of my WUR control deck. Do I go for the Shadowmoor filter lands first, or the off-color ally fetches (UB, BR), already having the shocklands?

>who is the most interesting colgate commander?

le troll guy of hueg creatures

an user was defending his eastern european LGS which didnt allow you to use cards that were bought from outside of the store, and had means of tracking your purchases to enforce this rule, among other bullshit

I don't know, I always liked durdling around with tokens and gaining a shitton of life. The only thing that's kinda boring so far was dropping Felidar Sovereign turn 6 and then winning because nobody had an answer that turn.

How does one build kozilek, butcher of truth? How many mana rocks do you use? How many lands do you run? What's the rest of the deck?

>baddies cant prevent this

oh you really missed out, he replied about 10 times and was completely assblasted that people thought his LGS was tyrannical bullshit. He defended the shit out of it

What wincons does Azami run other than Lab Maniac? Or us it just all in on that combo plan?

Gee Zada, how come your mom let you have two hedron grinders?

Are we naming all color combinations after dental products now? I'm ok with this.

Yep. This place is slowly turning into a dental institution.

>$4 each
why would you?

Surgespanner/Venser mass bounce, Docent of Perfection/Final Iteration beatdown

Just put all the colorless spells and eldrazi creatures in it. There aren't that many so you can fill the rest of the deck with artifacts and a few wastes and you're g2g.

I'd run rebmder in a RB demon deck.

I think I tried a list with Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas as an artifact-heavy UB storm deck.

It was pretty busted.

Hoe many lands should I run, if I run 20~ mana rocks? Also, what about equipments that give unblockable, and stuff that gives trample?

Will Cavity Creep tribal ever be viable?

I think I just playtested so hard, Tappedout broke.

>Comet Storm for 49 with 2 multikicker
>copied twice
>on turn 7

Yes, check the colgate post in the last thread if youre not familiar

I was there, I'm just finding it funny seeing it spread to the other guilds and shards/wedges

>cluestones and signets in a colorless deck.

Post ITT:
>toothpaste colour(s)
>favourite commander
Do they match?

>Blue
>Dralnu
>i guess

Worth running in pillowfort? I'm running low on utility land space and I already have Kor Haven.

I have 20 wastes in mine and 17 non basics, but I'm also only running 11 mana rocks. If you stick in 20 mana rocks I'm sure you can get away with 10 wastes. As far as equipment, you can stick in literally anything. I've got the boots, a couple swords, champion's helm, and hedron matrix for the dank flavour. I highly recommend you use a darksteel forge since you rely on artifacts so much and also an urza's incubator and helm of awakening.

>blue and white
>UWr
The splash of red is from my bleeding gums so it fits

>Green
>hidetsugu
>not at all

>Crest 3D White
>Jhoira of the Ghitu

Not even a little, although I do want to badly make a Selvala, Explorer Returned deck

>I don't brush
>mono-black

You can use "add any mana" rocks because they don't have mana symbols, the other two are asshats though.

You don't really need Crucible for Gitrog. Just have Life from the Loam and Splendid Reclamation and you're fine.

It's like Doubling Season for Atraxa. You won't need those cards unless you're hyper competitive with EDH.

Thanks for the help user.
So would it look something like this (gotta cut some cards but you get the idea)

Disregard that, I suck cocks:tappedout.net/mtg-decks/multi-track-ramping-with-brozilek/

>want to build Alesha
>already have WBx deck in Ghave

>want to build Hidetsugu
>already build way too much with red

FUCK

I should probably just build Azami or something because I never play blue

What sort of horribly unfun cards can I throw into Leovold on a budget?

Windfall, Day's Undoing, Dark Deal, Jace's Archivist, Time Reversal,

Dunno what your price range is, but Teferi's puzzle box is perfect for him

Yeah, how about a quick rundown?

>What sort of horribly unfun cards can I throw into Leovold on a budget?
Leovold.

The Great aurora?

Velalken Orrery/Alchemists Refuge to wheel on your opponents end step then get beaten up in the parking lot afterwards

What would their commanders be /edh/?