Just the usual

just the usual

>warhammer
>not the patrician's weapon

What the fuck am I looking at?

part of a jousting armor, it's a complex mechanic so that the target "shield" (that big thing that it's at the left part of the jousters) can be propelled away if it hit strong enough.
Plus a rest for the lance, among other things.

Did cavalry lances ever have those pronged hammer like tips the way tournament ones did? I imagine getting plowed with one of those would be pretty devastating.

no idea, maybe. I'm not very informed about cavalry warfare

They are designed to spread the impact out more than a single sharp lance point. And probably to help you actually connect enough to knock a guy off his horse. Obviously it will still kill the hell out of anybody not wearing full armour.

That's hilarious, more weapons need a picture of someone wielding the weapon on it.

I totally agree, although sadly there are a lot of people who are simply just no fun

Why does Veeky Forums suck so much?

do you want a short answer or a long answer?

>Why does Veeky Forums suck so much?
/pol/ overflow

THE MOST VERSATILE WEAPON EVER INVENTED

I motherfucking love combination weapons so much.

Here's a little mini-dump for you then.

This thing is my favourite weapon ever.

Finito!

I like to think there was like, one guy in history that was obsessed with trying to put guns in everything.

Thanks bro, all these pics are a gold mine.

Maces are probably the sexiest weapons

>Arms and armour
>Post two guys with a shield, one them naked
user...

Problem?

>Not recognizing fine Celtic battle armor

user, helmet is armour. And they have arms too.
But here, have this pole arm for your troubles

What's the problem, can't stand the sight of a strong Celtic warrior?

>celtic
>not a single one wear either chainmail or gallic helmet

>son of zeus
>that dyel

>that strategic paw

What dicks. Just behead him

You'll notice in the Norman pictures I posted the knights have stirrups. Not enough credit is given to this invention. Stirrups changed the cavalry game, and made so that heavy cavalry could full tilt charge whoever they wanted instead of being primarily a harassing unit

that would be too fast

What the shot is this?!

Probably my favorite A&A thread pic of all time. The sheer variety and coolness of the armor really speaks to me. Also,
>Constantinople stronk

see

It's the inner part of a mechanical, spring-loaded jousting breastplate. IIRC it would have an outer plate affixed on top which, when struck with a suitable amount of force, is ejected to provide a good way of scoring as well as a proper spectacle for the spectators.

Made by Lorenz Helmschmid of Augsburg for Emperor Maximilian, ca 1495.

Is modern stuff allowed?

Timely...

Sure, I'd say we're here for arms and armour, not some arbitrary (often poorly defined and most likely gravely misunderstood) time period. So let's make of it hat we want, with considerable weight given to the opinion of whoever bothers to post pics.

Is that a fucking pepsi

Invading third world shit holes gets you thirsty

It's really not what's depicted. That's probably a Venetian cane war/bridge war shield and the guy's holding it completely wrong.

Lemme just preface this by saying war is awful. Now, I do think it was a shame there were never any large-scale non nuclear conflicts in the early 80's. Because every military's uniform and armor designs were fucking on point

80s uniforms had some top tier aesthetics