Mtg Frontier

Bad touch edition

In this thread, talk about things pertaining to the (experimental) Frontier format for MTG.

>Tier lists
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/frontier#paper

Thread questions:
>What are some cards you think will be staples?
>Have you built a deck yet?
>Brewing anything?
>Care to rate a deck? Check this: pastebin.com/KxWfNsHw

On an unrelated note, what else should be put into the OP?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scissors-4/
pastebin.com/hT4R60R2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does Abzan not just dominate the meta? I want to buy into the format, and want to crush casuals trying to brew

>grabbing armfuls of Treasure Cruise from the nickle bin at my store

>Clerk: "Why do you want those? They're banned in every format."

>mfw

Because not everyone plays abzan, and there's ways around rhino.
I'd suggest building atarka red, or if you want to be gimmicky, build red blue tutelage

Not banned in Commander.

The store only runs modern and standard events currently, so I'm guessing the clerk didn't know or doesn't care about Commander.

>thinking cruise won't be on the inevitable ban list.

So junk does rape frontier. Interesting

So is a deck that runs ensoul artifact and tezzerets touch doable?

>So is a deck that runs ensoul artifact and tezzerets touch doable?

I'd be curious in a Grixis Tempo deck with Ensoul Artifact/Tezzeret's Touch and a bunch of burn, delve cards, and Stubborn Denial.

It seems to have a high meta percentage but very low win rate.

>thinking cruise won't be on the inevitable ban list.

Cruise is strong but lacks the ability to turn it on early that other eternal formats have.

>thinking support for delve won't be there by the time the format matures into having ban lists.

Unless Amonkhet proves to be a set with the powerlevel of Shards-RTR, I think Delve will be safe.

The main abuse comes from one mana cantrips and overall 1 mana cards. Without that, no dice imo. And so far in Frontier there are very few cards that are impactful at the 1 mana cost mark.

ITT Morons who fell for the slanty eyed ruse. They are literally just trying to move packs from old sets.

This format will die. Remember tiny leaders? Nobody else does either

Hareruya meta tier list or bust

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scissors-4/

R8 My Meme

Honestly I'd play it. Would add a playset of shrapnel blast, rebuke, and ornithopter tho

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scissors-4/

I'm just going to put this out there

but I think the deck should be titled "Scissor Me Timbers"

>not grixis tutelage
you didn't even say jeskai like the other tards

If you were in charge of designing the initial banlist for the format, what would it look like?

Bloodstained Mire
Flooded Strand
Polluted Delta
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills
Collected Company
Siege Rhino
Smugglers Copter
Saheeli Rai
Aetherworks Marvel

I'd also keep a close eye on Reflector Mage, Emarkul, and Heart of Kiran.

Lol, what a cuck banlist. You are the reason why wizards makes such low power sets

>Wanting Frontier to be a T0 deck or lose format

For now, Frontier is just a one year longer Standard format
Banning the most dominant decks of their time is not a bad idea if you want to diversify the meta

>Muh fetches boogeyman
Neck yourself
>Collected Company and Siege Rhino
Neck yourself
>Copter and Saheeli
Yea I agree, good job
>Aetherworks marvel
Pussy

>diversify the meta
The only thing that is going to diversify the meta is some decent removal and counters. Otherwise it's just going to have the same problems as the current standard. Gideon, rhino, and copter are going to dominate, with the only difference being which 4 colour goodstuff deck they get thrown in. No banlist can change the fact that Wizards has intentionally made the 4 blocks be a midrange slugfest. Shit there isn't even any decent discard spells. Fucking duress is the go to. These are all inherent problems with the format, and the fact that any amount of power is being neutered is goddamn laughable.

And what deck would be the tier 0 deck? Junk midrange? Sounds like even with that ban list, Gideon and Flayer will be the go to power. What you gonna ban those too? Just play fucking pauper you silly cunt

>The only thing that is going to diversify the meta is nuking the internet

there, I fixed it

I fixed magic

How so? So those filthy netdeckers don't come up with the same idea of any combination of

Siege rhino
Grim flayer
Gideon
Kalitas
Flayer
Kin-tree
Timely reinforcements
Duress
And assorted other spells consisting of removal and disruption?

Shit, dude you're right. It would be a brewers paradise

You forgot

Anafenza the goatmost
Flip Lili
Hangerback
Copter
emrakul

Jesus, this format is doomed

Starting a format with some laughable bans is a bad idea. It's going to give modern players the impression that the format is low-power, and give standard players the impression that their pet decks could get banned out of the format.
Talking about bans, when wizards isn't even acknowledging the format, is fucking stupid.
>Shit, dude you're right. It would be a brewers paradise
It's a tiny format. Of course it's going to be dominated by value midrange decks, just like any new Standard environment. Modern STARTED as a 30-set format. Frontier, if it were to come out right now, would be 11 sets. It's completely ridiculous to think of it as a brewer's format.

is frontier actually fun

pastebin.com/hT4R60R2

Check this out if you like ensoul

EDH only wants 1 cruise desu. Maybe two.

any good UR Prowess list?

I was mostly giving him shit that "netdeckers" are going to ruin the format, when you don't even need to look online to come up with a value engine powered, grinding machine taking you to pound town

Finally I can play Elves across THREE formats.

Tiny leaders was a retarded format with very little wide appeal. Comparing it to frontier is a joke and this meme needs to die. It's more comparable to modern really.

>Comparing it to frontier is a joke and this meme needs to die. It's more comparable to modern really.
Like another user said, you can't even compare Frontier to Modern *for now* since it has only 1/3 of the sets Modern had on start
Frontier is just a longer Standard for now