Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sailor Celestine being unfunny towards Greyfax Edition

old thread >40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>FAQs n shiet
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>something I don't know
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NiFD6EFVsTg
youtube.com/watch?v=o6HAHogcHFI
youtube.com/watch?v=AkcL6wzCJl8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rate my new Fracture of Biel-Tan list

>post yfw Horus never died and has been perverting the golden throne for 10000 years
>knowing the imperium would never trust him, and refusing the marks of chaos gods, Abbadon has launched 14 CRUSADES to rid the imperium of the false emperor

Brand new to 40k here, I've been reading up on the lore lately and I'm really loving it but something is bugging me about the Chaos Gods. Why don't they ever directly intervene? I could only imagine just how powerful someone like Khorne is but instead of actually getting out there and fighting he lets others do it for him. Is the Emprah keeping them at bay or something?

>armess
You had one job.

They exist in the warp, and cannot manifest in realspace.

Because they can't enter the materium (our universe)

Couldn't he possess someone really powerful? Maybe a chaos titan or some shit?

Why would a Chaos god directly intervene? That's like you caring about the daily lives of ants...

Hey anons, which books are good if I want to read some AdMech fluff? Want to learn more background info about my dudes and knowing Black Library half the novels are shite.

Just don't read the garbage that is Priests of Mars.

the only good way to get rid of slaanesh would be him coming directly to suck the emprah's soul of the golden throne, by using failbaddon.

Unless said Chaos Titan is as big as an entire hive world, then no.

>Wraith must start outside Raiders T1 and can only move 6" after embarking
>Paper-mache HQ
0/10

I've seen a couple annons post homebrew codexes/datasheets that look like legit GW work. Does anyone have a template I could use to do the same?

Possession isn't entering the materium, its possession.

Plus they're gods and they're chaos, they don't give a fuck about the materium.

Don't equate chaos with evil as much as 40K tries to push it.

>Everything has the same faction
They can start embarked

but thats wrong. The reborn warhost makes them all one faction.

You can't get rid of a Chaos God. You can imprison it, but it needs to be trapped in an element of it's domain... like the Goddess Arianka.

Priests of Mars

3rd edition rulebook pdf anyone?

Land Raider Crusader or Redeemer?

MAGICAL GIRL PRETTY WARRIOR SAINT CELESTINE: THE ANIME, WHEN?????

Will Orks receive new models with 8e?

I really like their lore and fluff both in 40k and AoS. I was thinking about running Ironjawz and start my journey in wh40k with Orks to save on paints and master this specific kind of models but God help me - when I saw 40k Orks models in person I have vomit. I like their machines and Mad Max aesthetic but boyz look like piece of shit from 80s. Is there any chance that GW - noticing the success of AoS Orruks - will give us some new and neat greenskinz stuff? Or maybe they will leave Orks to die as shabby NPC-tier faction?

"In the Name of the Emperor, I will purge Xenos and burn Heretics, and that means you!"

Titanicus. It's not really admech per se, but it's relevant and good.

>Like armess and now spineless bitch that he always was
>forgot "the"
>forgot the "L" in armless
Are you cringing every time you look at this picture you made?

did commorragh really blow up too?

Saint Celestine is for ________

Orks look great from the front on, then you see those gorilla butts.
I hope they get more upright models in 8th (at least a mix of spines)

My bad, I must have missed it.
I know they count as part of the same detachment/foramtion, where does it say they have the same faction?

Invaded by demons, I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=NiFD6EFVsTg
adjusted to reasonably replace internet with Celestine

But I think boyz look cool...

Anyway, hopefully they get new wartrakk and deffkopta models.

only a bit of it.

Vect is safe.

He took advantage of the situation and sent his rivals deal with Khaine's gate so they can get raped for eternity by daemons while he's gathering his kabal and close allies in another part of the webway.

and if Vect is fine, the dark eldar are fine.

>forcing a meme the thread
At least I2 user was funny the first few times

Backstabbing Abaddon

Remember that Malys is still after his ass. Either he falls or she.

Only when the Veeky Forums drawfag embargo ends

>being this overdramatic grammar nazi and (You) towards 1 typo
>tyring to force a meme

are you 12 nigga?

Where's the fucking Duncan video

> I was thinking about running Ironjawz and start my journey in wh40k with Orks

Thats what I've done. The AoS Megaboss is far superior to the Warboss shit 40K offers and they look better than Ghazghkull's crap model.

The Ork Brutes also make far more imposing Ork Nobs.

Plus running a Boar Boy Ork Brute alongside some Warbikers really makes them stand out.

Orks in 40K are so fucking lazily designed and look like shit.

Our range is also shit and we need Squiggoths!!!

Inspiring the faithful with righteous zeal

It's on the army special rules page.

>Why don't they ever directly intervene?

They do when they're bored. They used to have these back in Warhammer's 3rd edition...

>Eye of God
>At the beginning of the battle, you may pick one Champion or Sorcerer of Chaos from your army. Roll a D6 and Consult the chart below. No re-rolls are allowed. The result applies for the rest of the battle. If you have no Champions or Sorcerers, or don't wish to play this card, discard it.
>1. Chaos Spawn: Your Champion or Sorcerer is turned into a foul Chaos Spawn! See the special rules for Chaos Spawn.
>2. Cosmic duel: Your Champion is summoned to fight in a cosmic duel. Remove the model from the battle. The model will return on a roll of 4+ made at the start of any of your following turns and is placed anywhere on you own base line and may move normally that turn. However, if you roll a 1, he is lost forever to the Realm of Chaos.
>3+ Gift of the Gods: Add +1 to either the model's Strength, Wounds or Toughness. You may choose which one to increase.

>The Chaos gods are not satisfied with the slaughter! They resurrect fallen warriors on both sides to fight again for their amusement!
>This card can be used as soon as both armies have suffered at least one rank-and-file casualty. When this card is played both players can nominate any one of their units that has suffered casualties. The unit must not be fleeing and must have at least one normal trooper left. Roll a D6. Each unit may resurrect that number of models. Normal cavalry counts as 2 models, while daemonic cavalry such as mounted daemonettes, and all models with more than 2 wounds count as 3 models. Note that this may not take the number of models in the unit above the original, and you may only resurrect normal troopers, not characters, standard bearers or musicians.

But they aren't desperately trying to win, they're here for the entertainment...

Thanks man, its good to see that after nearly a year of posting it that its gained recognition.

So why are some of the books in the mega .mobi and not .epub?

Just wanted to say thank you to whoever mentioned Sargon of Akkad last thread as something to listen to while painting. Even if I don't agree with everything he's saying, it's interesting enough to listen to.

>Malys
>relevant
kek
she got her chance but now that Yvraine stole her poison-tipped fan shtick, she'll never ever get a miniature, let alone get to do anything that matters in the fluff.

This is just ridiculous. I know they are shit to play right now but dear God - I would run them just to have a casual fun but this appearance

>Don't equate chaos with evil as much as 40K tries to push it.
That's the stupidest thing I read in quite a while
Chaos is whatever GW says it is since they invented it

Is it just me or does The Yncarne (pic related - rules) not have an invulnerable outside of FNP?

Don't lie. Malerion blinded and muted Slaanesh with abyssal shadows. Tyrion bounded him with chains of pure light. The two then dragged Slaanesh away from his realm to whereabouts unknown.

Slaanesh was never seen again. Afterwards the population of aelves increased in the realms.

It's a Daemon.

>Daemon

Goddamnit, thanks

can't speak for the other user

Can some user post for me pic of page 273 3rd edition rulebook?
Pretty please.

So please explain to me, are Saints daemons or daemon-possessed? Is there anything in the lore that directly supports this?

You know how Matrix was a fucking awesome film, and then Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolution came out and fucked up the story line? Thats what GW is doing with Chaos.

Its original invention was Chaos being chaotic, the gods were much more complex than your weekly American Saturday cartoon villain.

If you want big bad evil you go for the CSM or the users of chaos, not Chaos itself.

So they've got Slaanesh imprisoned somewhere. They might even be using Slaanesh to increase the aelven birthrate... nothing about it being destroyed.

Dearest Yncarne, I have such wonderful things to show you.

Also forgot a the right before armless.

b but thaat would empower slaanesh. Maybe

Daemon as a title describes warp creatures usual malignant.
The saint was in theory human but evolved into something greater within the sea of souls and is now a warp creature

>teleports behind a unit on the other side of the map
psh... nothing personnel monkeigh... *unsheaths wraithknight*

If a Chaos Gods manifests into reality, then reality explodes since the Chaos God is not a singular being. They are their realms itself. The things setting on the thrones are just avatars.

Anyways, the Chaos Gods don't really care about the real space most of the time. The Great Game of Chaos is about dominating the multiverse in which the galaxy is but a speck.

>Is the Emprah keeping them at bay orsomething?

Nah, the whole pylon business revealed that the Emperor is a fraud.

>Nah, the whole pylon business revealed that the Emperor is a fraud.

кaкoй?

I like how people hate in certain cheese from factions with lines of "well if you exclude everyone else's cheese then you can see how clearly over powered this one thing is"

Can't be empowered if you're imprisoned. Also if Slaanesh was destroyed, all his daemons would instantly disappear. To quote the GW designers...

>Daemons are not living creatures. Each one of them is a facet of a Dark God’s power and nature. They are semi-independent, but ultimately they are only fragments of a greater whole. The mortal servants of Chaos are also slaves to the Dark Gods, their minds and bodies are twisted by the Warp, but they can still make decisions, hope, dream, and despair. They can plot and betray. That mortal independence, ultimately, is what makes the Gods crave their souls.

Daemonettes, fiends and steeds of Slaanesh still around? Then the fourth power ain't dead. He's locked up somewhere.

Fracture of Beil-tan fluff leaves a bad taste in my mouth, at least after reading the one dudes write up on bolter and chainsword

Apparently the craftworld died due to a daemonic incursion coming through a webway portal.

Is it better to field marker lights on drones or just use the points on pathfinders

Empowered human. She gets her power from Emperor but can be cut off from his guidance and she became normal human.

Its better to have a penis and not field Tau.

i'm a drawfag but i can't draw female character

The Pylons are the only things that are keeping real space (at least in the galaxy) from sinking into the warp. They kept the galaxy safe from the Warp for 60 million but the damage sustained from ages of no maintenance (the Necrons were sleeping) and Abaddon destroying them in his crusades are allowing the Warp to flow in the galaxy, empowering Chaos, causing warp storms, and opening warp rifts. With the destruction of the Cadian pylons, now the Eye is expanding to consumed the whole galaxy dooming it to destruction.

tl;dr Pylons are holding back the warp. The Emperor ain't doing shit about the leakage.

>Eldar get even more toys to HellenKellerClownhammer everyone else.
Fuck GW.

Slaaneshi daemons and warlords are seeking to replace Slaanesh with a new Ur-Slaanesh, though.

Humans with more than one soul.

Standard humans have one soul, like a burning candle. A psyker's is like a torch, bright, attracting deamonic moths, but can burn you, etc.

Celestine is like a golden candle holder. Snuffing out one means there are still more burning candles to relight it.

Marker commander is my preferred HQ.

There's a forge world marker and target lock relic great for it.

Depends how the rest of your army looks. Pathfinders can bring some solid guns to the table and secure objectives if you don't have other things to do it.

with a transformation sequence

>youtube.com/watch?v=o6HAHogcHFI

Well yes, with the boss gone, someone's gotta be in charge... how does that mean Slaanesh isn't locked up?

>i can't draw female character
Could you post your attempts to draw one? I have see some drawfriends claiming they can't do something but they were just too diffident and actually pretty good

Sad day.

In one of the eariler screenshot of the Fracture of Biel-Tan it mentioned the DE Covens. Any more word on that now that there's more pictures.

How does this look for a casual 1000pts list? It's a WE detachment so they all have VoTLW as well.

So they're snuffing 40k like they did with Fantasy?

Daily reminder that Celestine has limited lives. She is already at her final lives. Each time she dies, she comes closer to her final death.

>Chaos Gods provide infinite lives for their dudes depending on their whim (See lucius, Valkia, Skaar)
>Emperor gives a limited number of ress

Shhhieeeet.

If Slaanesh is replaced by a new dude, then old Slaanesh would be homeless and with no authority.

Nah, someone is going to fix it.

>Khorne berzerkers
Literally no reason to take these guys over Chaos marines with MoK.

Mechanicum is pretty solid.

Until Slaanesh is freed...

My gut says yes but maybe my gut is wrong.

>GW is writing new campaigns
>rushed and shitty
>new broken rules
>people buys it because of broken rules
youtube.com/watch?v=AkcL6wzCJl8

>51633679
>999
Just as planned

Quality over quantity.

well i'm gonna draw a female for you,but beware, i mostly draw men and necrons, it won't be pretty