Veeky Forums tends to hate 3...

Veeky Forums tends to hate 3.5 and Pathfinder a lot yet I still like does systems because they provide a lot of charecter customization.still agree on the community being filled with detested vile heretics though

Could Veeky Forums enlighten me on where else may I find a system that allows a good amount of character customization ?
Where else will I find a system that allows ripped punching wizards, dudes whom use only their shield as a weapon, smiting archer paladins and more ? Where can I make a character that "feels" different and is not the standard class (but can still allow you to play one if you wish) ?

I already know Warhammer/40k has good character customization, any more ?

FFG Star Wars.
5e with Homebrew under DM's scrutiny.
Savage Worlds.
Strike!

GURPS
FATE

GURPS. But GURPS is a meme system, nobody I know actually, you know, PLAYS it.

Veeky Forums hates 3.Path because it has a lot of customization options that are completely useless in the face of single class Wizards/Clerics/Druids solving any combat and noncombat encounter singlehandedly

There's a similiar problem in Star Wars Saga Edition, although on a smaller scale. There are so many different talents and feats for all kinds of characters - you can play literally whatever you want.
However, most of those taletns and feats are gimped, they're weak and useless. Except when they're made for the jedi. It's like they were afraid of giving non-force users too much power.

not the point of this thread.
here, have a meme for a meme !

thing is to consider is that setting wise, force users are very deadly.
maybe you can counter such a thing in a future setting by saying all the players are force sensitive or something but don't have to be Jedi.

The entire system is a game of trap options.
First you have trap classes, with some being vastly inferior at doing the exact same things as other classes.

And then, within classes, you have a slew of trap options. From picking stats, to feats, to spells or weapons you have so many things that are strictly worse or completely useless, it's hysterical.
And it's not like you really need a lot of system mastery to avoid those options. All you need is to not be a retard and take a good look, because it's so blindingly fucking obvious that a fucking Druid shoudn't be a better Fighter than the Fighter.

Easy. Just play No-Core.

OP, I just want you to realize that you caused the issues in the other thread. Bringing up PF outside of the general is a pretty hot-button topic. It's not autism, it's board politics.

Symbaroum

yeah I guessed. But damnit I have a question to ask and I wanted answers !

That's what Reddit is for, or /pfg/(don't go to /pfg/)

On Reddit you ask, you get a linear answer, and that's that. On Veeky Forums, we fight against the opposite. Every thread is supposed to be a discussion, every post is a part of the debate. That's the board's greatest strength and weakness. We're more big picture people. Asking which system, not asking which option in X system.

Mah nigga!

Fight for the opposite, sorry.

That is why I prefer Veeky Forums to Reddit. You also get an opinion about each system. I wanted a discussion to feed my lust for knowledge, and the discussions themselves are very amusing.

>when you realize that Veeky Forums is the most accurate representation of democracy.

Mutants & Masterminds, GURPS. It's all on you to make characters feel different from each other, though.

>>when you realize that Veeky Forums is the most accurate representation of democracy.

Veeky Forums is weird. Especially when it comes to demographics

Fantasy Craft.

It even has the same fundamental core structure as 3.PF, just stripped down to the bare bones and rebuilt from the ground up with a solid eye for consistency.

Though it is notably lacking in a couple areas, most notably shapeshifting effects. If you like wildshape druids, FC isn't going to work well for you. However, if you like martial characters having loads of different options that make different weapon and combat styles play differently, and even options to make a noncombatant character viable, FC is great. And there's definitely loads of flexibility to stretch the usual assumptions of your class; the book even gives one or two outside-the-box entries in the example concepts listed for each class.

3.5 is great. nothing wrong with it provided you have a good DM.

>Veeky Forums tends to hate 3.5 and Pathfinder a lot

Don't judge Veeky Forums by its worst members.

>Could Veeky Forums enlighten me on where else may I find a system that allows a good amount of character customization ?
Anything with a pointbuy.

If you want wide character customisation, relying on strictly limited classes is retarded.

RuneQuest

i mean i am a regular detractor of D&D in these threads but are you seriously whining about there being suboptimal choices aka trap options?

Here, have a picture of a druid because this, along with your post, has nothing to do with the thread.

Not him but I'm whining about the game designers purposefully making shit options that you can't get rid of just for the purposes of giving autists another reason to feel superior to people while at the same time giving us options that are so broken that the entire game warps around them like gravity trying to escape a black hole.

Like I could understand if it was something like the 5e beastmaster ranger that's sub-optimal but still at least playable and fixable with some minor tweaking but the entire system breaks apart once you have classes that are more than two tiers apart in the same party.

A trap option is not a suboptimal choice. A trap option is something like a Rogue, who is *literally* a Ninja, but worse.

A trap option is something like the Monk, who is presented as a mobile damage dealer, but in reality can either be mobile *or* deal damage. Meanwhile, a druid can just shift into a tiger and literally do everything the monk wants to do while retaining spells and other powers.