Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

MANLY EDITION!

Just how much of a MAN is your character? Yes, you too ladies.

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12297995
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/monkey-lunge-combat
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/lunge-combat---final
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So how is going the dragon game and the Jade Regent one?
Which games are still accepting applications that are related to Veeky Forums?

is the healer's handbook here yet?

Ryu got sassy when he grew his beard.

>Daring Champion
He tries, oh Lord does he try, but really, he's trying too hard. He's at his manliest when he's just being himself rather than quoting his favorite chivalric tales.

>Barbarian/Dragon Disciple
He barely even needs to try. He's huge, brawny, bearded, self-assured, and likes to carouse and have a good fight. Everyone around him keeps forgetting that he's barely into his 20s--literally a farm boy.

Yes, it was dumped a few months back, sadly I don't have it, just this cap

Dragon game is doing a little bit of Pbp to get a little bit of an edge on the next session since not a whole lot got done in session one.

RotJR is doing pretty well. Team Stalker is currently ahead of Team Tank, but not by too much of a margin

How important is to have at least 12 of Wis?

Hello everyone. I have come back with slight editing to the concepts and a strawpoll. Which of these archetypes are you all most interested in?

strawpoll.me/12297995

For the Unchained Fighter:
>Mercenary Lord
Gains a version of leadership where their leadership score is influenced by their ranks in profession soldier. Their followers are their mercenary company. It begins with all warriors, however they have a series of new options for Advanced Equipment trainings that give them special followers. Such as a low level alchemist with brew potion, a scribe with scribe scroll, curriers, stable masters, kennel masters, special mounts, and more.

>Scofflaw
An intersection between the Unchained Fighter and the Unchained Rogue. Makes the unchained fighter a bit more skill based, and gains rogue talents/skill unlocks.

>Pact Master
A concept I had that gives the Unchained Fighter gains a sapient set of armor and weapon. These have a number of abilities the fighter can decide to use each morning. As well it has an encroachment mechanic where the fighter juggles possibly being taken over for extra power.

For the Unchained Cavalier:
>Beast Lord
Essentially this is an unchained cavalier gaining Rage-lite. The idea is based around a more primal version of the Cavalier, separating them out from the knightly stereotype.

>Green Knight
A four level casting Cavalier based on the druid spell list. They would change out their mount of a plant companion along with favored terrain abilities. Their companion will evolve for what terrains they choose and gain access to special abilities rather than bonus tricks.

>Castellan
An archetypes entirely based around defending and fortifying locations. Changed to remove mount and instead lets the Cavalier bond with an area. Changing this bond is fairly quick to get the minimum bonus, then strengthens over time. It allows them to use a number of tactics specifically in that area, mainly for defending their allies.

So /pfg/, tell me a story about your game. What have you done? What are you looking forward to next?

dang I was looking for those new mercies but thanks anyways.

Not at all.
t. Mesmerist

I gotchu

>Just how much of a MAN is your character? Yes, you too ladies.

Shouldn't you be asking us to describe another character in the party we consider 120% man?

Who are some characters in your current games that you'd consider a prime slab of beef?

>Human Brawler: Is an accomplished athlete, but doesn't get into machismo unless the Ranger is egging him on.

>Gnome Spiritualist: Has that "creepy little girl" vibe going despite being very much an adult. Mostly because she's actually possessed. So, not very.

>Dhampir Inquisitor: Doesn't even count herself among the living, disdains alcohol (and all forms of fun, actually), but prefers bludgeoning weapons. Not much.

>Human Brawler/Magus: Not as much as you'd think, not as little as you'd hope. RIP.

>The-Mesmerist/Something-I-Don't-Know-If-I'll-Ever-Play: Not at all. Why be "manly" when she can simply bend those piddling mortals to her will, invading their every thought until they can acknowledge nothing but her reign?

>That-Other-Thing-I-Don't-Know-If-I'll-Ever-Play-But-I-Need-An-Excuse-To-Play-A-Strix-At-Some-Point: Look I don't even have a mechanics concept for this guy okay?

Gif unrelated.

Is it better bluff, diplomacy, or intimidate?

Diplomacy >>>>> Intimidate > Dirt > The worms inside the dirt > Bluff

Ghenshau bless you friend.

Bluff > Diplomacy > Intimidate

When you need to lie to someone you better make sure you don't fuck it up.

Can't you use Bluff for Diplomacy now?

Diplomacy's generally better if you're just going for social, but Intimidate's better for combat thanks to the support it gets for Demoralize. Bluff's the bottom of the stack for all three.

Dominate Person

Linguistics.

Don't actually do this. Dominate has so many ways it can back fire. Especially if you're trying to actually get the person to help you. It's way to easy to tell a person is dominated.

>All three of my actually in-use PCs are "skinny nerd/10"
>One is/was a father, so that's points, however he's a half-elf, which likely counts against his manliness score
>Second is a skinny twink right off the cover of a BL Comic, and a sperg who only survives social situations due to lots of observations in order to pretend to be a "real human bean"
>Third is a foul-mouthed, drug-addict treasure hunter who is likely the most manly of the three despite being a woman, on account of being the only one (so far) who has charged into combat and sat there trading blows solely because her target pissed her off

I need to branch out from Dex/Int characters, but it's hard when you have an obsession with having lots of skills.

>Just how much of a MAN is your character?
My character's an oracle, but has Throw Anything because they don't have any damage spells. Arrows make good thrown weapons.

And which games are still open?

How do I into Path of War? I wasn't playing PF when it tested/came out and I understand it's had some supplemental stuff now?

Which is the best polearm?

It's in the trove buddy.

I'm a doctor, user. I have no time for your meaningless definitions of manliness, I have lives to save.

Halbred.

Pick a Path of War class. I recommend Warlord. Read it like it was any other class, skip all the stuff about maneuvers. Figure out what sort of character it is. Then take a look at what disciplines it has. Pick one that sounds cool. Go look through there. Then come back. Got it?

We just stomped some demon summoner dudes who were squatting in our house

So the best thing to do is just choose a class and go with it.

Using PoW you gain a number of "maneuvers" from different "disciplines". Your class determined what disciplines you get and how many maneuvers you get. Different disciplines do different things, for example Piercing Thunder is the polearm discipline.

As well some maneuvers can't be initiated without the right weapon. Scarlet Throne for instance needs you to be wielding a 1 handed weapon.

Maneuvers comes in four types. Boosts, Counter, Strikes, and Stances. Stances are activated as a swift action and you stay it until you activate a new one. They generally provide some buffs. Counter use your immediate action to do exactly what their name implies. They vary from helping you with saves, blocking attacks, to attacking back. Boosts are swift action buffs or utility. Strikes are damage dealing/debuffing/etc, strikes are generally standard actions but there are full round action ones.

How do you sneak in with a Greatsword or something bigger?

Fauchard. If martial, Lucerne Hammer. If stylish with patrician taste, Glaive-Guisarme.

Don't forget Hooked Lance

It just works.

I became That Guy. I found out Opium was 25GP per "dose" (read vial) and decided to start using that as a thrown weapon. Beyond level 3-4, the cost is negligible and everything still takes 1d4 con and wis with no save.

It's getting scary easy to beat things.

How much damage do you get from a sneak attack using a ballista?

Same way you sneak attack with a sledgehammer

See: Backstabbing or riposting with a big weapon in Souls games.

>A Catfolk that had a harem of loyal catgirls all to himself, but he got hit with a mid-life crisis and decided to go out adventuring one day, leaving his best girl in charge of the family

He uses a Large Greataxe though, that gives him some manly points right?

I'm concerned that the game I'm trying for right now isn't gonna happen as the GM hasn't posted anything in weeks. There's another game I'm a hopeful for but based on my experiences thus far I think it's gonna poof.

>I'm concerned that the game I'm trying for right now isn't gonna happen as the GM hasn't posted anything in weeks.

Roll20 or Myth-Weavers?

Simple. To the point. I hate it. I'm going to make up my own backstory for your character.

>In the distance future of 1997, Skynet used a time machine to send a terminator back in time to kill the leader of the Resistance, John Connor. But then the terminator had a mid-life crisis, decided to go out adventuring one day and left the best girl terminator in charge of the family.

I'm not sure how to take this.

Roll20. You can probably guess which. I'kll give you a hint.

It features a five letter word.

Starts with C

Ends with Y

If you post this word in the thread, some autists come and have butt rage enemas over it.

Who even are the good apps to Pirate Game right now? I need to revise my submission slightly, give her a better reason to track down Barbados.

Just pretend you were bit by a stray dog and die.

>good apps
I-I think my app is good. No bullying!

Are you okay? Did someone hurt you today? I'm not sure what I did wrong and why you chose me.

That isn't how Catfolk *work* you silly goose!

Catfolk in Golarion are technically matriarchal in that Catfolk "villages" are comprised entirely of women and children, with the menfolk being lone wanderers that make their way into a settlement, fuck half the village, and promptly get kicked out.

A male Catfolk therefore wouldn't have a harem because he'd technically have one every time he goes into a town of Catfolk girls during the breeding season.

>implying the game will ever fire
Sockpuppet account that went radio silent. Same as the crusaders game. Only games that seem likely to fire have shit DMs.

>Who even are the good apps to Pirate Game right now?
Legitimately DHB has one of the only good apps, and that's sad.

I mean, I'm sorry? I'll try better next time?

What did I just say?

Just pretend you were bit by a stray dog.

And die.

>. Only games that seem likely to fire have shit DMs.

B-But Hell's Vengeance and Rise of the Jade Regent fired!

Molthune was sockpuppet account as well.
There's been quite a few.

Hey man, I think my app is good.

DHB is the monkey?

And they have shit DMs.

I'm just confused, guy, you're sitting here telling me to die and I'm not sure what I've done to terribly offend you in such a way. I just wanna know what's wrong, I'm sorry.

You wound me, user.

Yeah, voodoo gun monkey looking for his surrogate father.

>I'll try better next time?

I'm not trying to call you an idiot, user.

I'm trying to point out what you did is invalid with established lore, and presenting the current fluff so you could create a new backstory.

I'm not trying to be like the other guy that's just calling you shit.

Which ones do you think are the worst feats?
Which ones do you think are the best?

>what's wrong
All anons are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

Combat Expertise is the single worst feat in Pathflounder

what a little baby, let me show you

SUCC
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/monkey-lunge-combat

There're way too many bad feats to bother going through it, Paizo needs to meet their quota on subscribers and all. I agree with the other user though that Combat Expertise is probably the worst feat people actually take.

Candy? Share with the rest of us, dude.

Same as you would anything else.

Combat Expertise isn't even in the bottom 10.

Now you're callin' me retarded. What's goin' on here? We have to solve this miscommunication or else nothing will be solved. Do you think I'm like those foxfags? I'm afraid you've misunderstood me.

Is DHB ever gonna run his game?

His autism actually makes for good setting/lore. At least his races were cool.

Or do you guys think he decided not to run something for /pfg/ because of all the memes?

S-Surely that bit about costing a standard action was an error. R-right?

I can't believe you built a wall. And sent ME an invoice!

>Is DHB ever gonna run his game?

Some people are good at running games, while others are good at being the Idea Guys.

I think DHB is an Idea Guy.

Whoops. Looks like I missed.

I'll explain. "Pretend you were bit by a stray dog" is an old proverb basically meaning "something bad happened to you though you didn't do anything to deserve it."

In other words, bad things happen sometimes, don't stress over it.

"All ***** are created equal, but some are more equal than others" is a quote from the novel Animal Farm. I suggest you read it to get an understanding of the phrase. No bullying. A genuine book suggestion.

Anyways, I'm just messing with ya. No hard feelings, eh? I'll even allow you to call me sempai.

It isn't, user. It isn't.

Not really the right way to describe it I think. Ideas guy would imply he doesn't get stuff done. He has made and put out all the stats for his setting's custom races and people sort of shat on them because they didn't have anything "cute". Honestly I think that's what discouraged him.

Do you have to use Power Attack all the time to be effective?

>they didn't have anything "cute"
Moot was a mistake.

No, in fact you should use it strategically. You should figure out at what AC your power attack changes from the more effective to the less effective option.

It's all in good fun.

Hope your sessions go well, sempai.

It's always good to figure out if you can hit the guy first. If you're confident in your numbers, you can start power attacking all you want.

The thing is the no cute races is objectively wrong. There is literally a long lived all female race in his. I think people read as far as "Tree People" and "Toad People" before having a knee jerk reaction.

Also people were buttmad it had no pathfinder races in it and you had to play one of the custom ones, or human.

Combat Expertise is the worst feat in Pathfinder. Not only is it a shitty feat on its own that you will NEVER use, it's also the prerequisite for a ton of other shit, including entire subsystems that a large part of the game is built around

It's the ultimate feat tax and indicative of the flawed premise of Pathfinder's game design

I use Combat Expertise...

Also Dirty Fighting is a thing now, which is nice.

Luckily with Dirty Fighting, combat expertise isn't as necessary anymore.

Monkey Lunge is worse. Read it again. It ends at the END OF YOUR TURN. Meaning your reach increases, you can't attack, and then it ends. It is literally a feat for a standard action that does nothing.

Much like a Piercing Thunder strike :^)

What about Elephant Stomp?

>Meaning your reach increases, you can't attack, and then it ends. It is literally a feat for a standard action that does nothing.

Uhh, what?

It's a feat designed for the Lunge feat, it's an upgrade that makes it the Lunge feat without the AC penalty.

That's literally what Monkey Lunge is, it's the Furious Focus of the Lunge tree.

No, monkey lunge is a shitty feat. Combat Expertise is a shitty game system.

Literally putting tape over holes in the Titanic

God elephant stomp is so bad. If I wanted to not overrun I would have just charged them. Fucking hell.

Read it again.
>As a standard action, you can use the Lunge feat to increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn, without suffering a penalty to your AC.
>to increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn
>until the end of your turn
Monkey Lunge changes how Lunge works. Lunge is until your next turn, Monkey Lunge is until the end of your turn. Monkey Lunge is really that bad.

Lunge ends at the end of your turn. Monkey Lunge doesn't change that.

The issue with Monkey Lunge is it increases your reach and... then nothing. You can't attack because you've already spent a standard action.

No, Monkey Lunge DOES change that.

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/lunge-combat---final
>You can increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn by taking a –2 penalty to your AC until your next turn.
> until your next turn.

> As a standard action, you can use the Lunge feat to increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn, without suffering a penalty to your AC.
>until the end of your turn

One lasts on other people's turns, the other does not.