Silent Hill Inspired Horror Thread

I have a modern horror game planned, and it centers pretty heavily around demons and the Underworld. I'm going for kind of a Silent Hill vibe, and right now I'm trying to flesh out my denizens. I'm on the hunt for inspiration.

For instance,
>male-focused psychosexual things are easy since making hot girls with gross faces or vagina monsters is self explanatory, but what kinds of things hit the same notes of sexy and offputting for females?
>What are some ways to explore modern vices and fears through horror?
>What kinds of things would scare you personally?

pics are also appreciated

things that are still creepy but are more fantastical are ok too

What in the goddamn fuck is that?

Looking back at SH 3 the sort of monsters that haunted Heather symbolised things such as pregency and sex/rape.

I would imagine other such things would be powerlessness, the need to meet a certain definition of beauty and other such things. But seeing as I don't have a pair of tits and a vagoo my understanding of the things that would worry a female is vastly limited.

Looks like a worm doctor carrying a gibbet on his back

Brotip: Don't just go for rule 63 of the Nurses or Pyramid Head. Women get off on some fucked up shit.

>Creature that attacks with a syringe to forcefully draw blood to symbolize drug abuse-all you really are doing is losing part of yourself

>Mannequin like creature that stirs up other monsters-symbolize sex as a means of coercion

Yeah, that was what I figured.

Check out some stuff by RagnarRox on YouTube since he analyzes Silent Hill monsters fairly regularly, and don't just have their goal be to kill the protagonists.

People today are scared of being alone/ not in contact.
So have monsters that are big deformed masses fused together.

Come to think of it, there are probably far too many opportunities to base monsters off of social media.

What this user said. I feel this kind of thing also depends a little on the woman in question, though - while the need to meet a standard of beauty might fit for one, another might be frightened by the fear of being cast away and alone, for example.

Its pretty common for women to be attracted to women too.

There's also the attractive female thing with a deformity that makes it very clear that it wants to give the female the same deformity.