Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Eldar Mary Sue Undid the Rubric Edition
Eldrad put in time-out subedition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=vzbI2gfeg34

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 200% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Harlequin spiked the pieeeeeee! I think I got really hiiiiiigh! I just came to look! For a book! Now I'm bleeding rainbooooooooooows.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for Kel'shan

I'm just happy that Lelith made it out alive.

>One Primarch is turning to chaos, another is turning loyalist

Obviously the Lion is turning to chaos

Fulgrim is going to have his soul freed from the daemon by the ynnari and come back to the imperium to further solidify the imminent squatting of slaanesh

Can you take Straken with the castellan detachment

>all these writings about how only Ynnari are relevant
Looks like we will have th same about Ultramarines in the next book.
Well, looks like it's time to join real Space Crusaders.

>Eldar Mary Sue Undid the Rubric Edition
>Eldrad put in time-out subedition
40k turns to capeshit Edition.

What's this bullshit with the primarchs in 40k? I get putting them on the table in 30k, but what the everloving fuck?

Nah it will be Magnus

TTS memers please leave

>What's this bullshit with the primarchs in 40k?
hey dude you're like twenty five years late

I haven't been giving attention to Gathering Storm.

What exactly is Mary Sue about new Eldar? Also do we still use term ELdar, or its Aeldari or some bullshit.

I still doesn't see capeshit on your pictire.

Magnus is honestly too obvious of a choice. And he and TSons are only decent Chaos villains anyway.

Is Inferno scanned yet? If so, could I please get a link?

That's epic friendo. A 6mm game with a completely different scale. Where you routinely put titans on the table.

And those are the demon primarchs.
Whatever your point is you are not making it very well.

Angron just had to scratch his balls while they were making his miniature

Read the previous thread.
One of the kids (or shills) posted the book.

well first is their new rules
next is the superfriends autism
now they fucking cure girlyman and save celestine and some other imperials from failbaddon who actually did something, emphasis on something.

>Where you routinely put titans on the table.
yeah, standard 40k

>And those are the demon primarchs.
I'm sorry do daemon primarchs not count or something?

The Ynnari bitch shattered the gates of khaine when she was "reborn" with psychic powers, flooding comorragh with daemons

Then she undid Ahriman's Rubric, something Magnus couldnt do in 10,000 years

Then the phoenix rangers flew out of her asshole and single handedly destroyed a horde of greater daemons

Also Yriel was killed by a GUO but was brought back to life by GUESS WHO

Please be Magus&Russ. Fuck the Yiffs. Also my librarius conclave deathstar needs more stuff and Magus would be great addition to it.

W...what? Oh god, where was this mentioned?

>implying

Undid the rubric whilst fighting the forces of Tzeentch in the webway and suffered zero consequences. Why would the Eldar death God even be able to influence humans let alone rubric marines?

The new Eldar God is more powerful then Tzeentch apparently AND directly responds to requests. Chaos Gods are you even trying?

Can't wait to see Fulgrim.

>freaking out over baseless rumours
I bet you thought an entirely revamped plastic sister of battle lineup was coming this month, too.

still not making your point very well

yeah cause they are the ones who are supposed to be around in the timeline.

did you know that leman russ was a commander of the imperial army at one time.
That incarnation is not really the same as what the primarchs are these days.
First indicator might be that they are twice as big as that guy these days.

Anyway Guilliaume and Russ are both supposed to come back at the End times according to the old fluff.

So the whole 'nah it's totally not gonna happen' statement by GW sounds like bullshit.

But whatever.
40k jumped the shark a few years ago already.

Should I use this list or replace the Basilisk with a Chimera and other stuff for the Command Squad? I only have a single Chimera in my collection currently.

>Guilliaume was supposed to come back at the End times according to the old fluff
The sad thing is someone in this thread will probably believe you.

Russ is the only one who had an "I'll be back" statement. Vulkan later had one awkwardly stapled onto the 5th edition original character. All we know about Guilliman was that he was in stasis as an obvious deus ex machina for later plots.

My Aspiring Champ form Rubric Marines unit can generate 1 power form Tzeentch discipline.
In Traitor Legion book, it says that any psyker from Chaos Space Marines can generate powers form heretech, ectomancy, geomortis and sinistrum.

So I actually have 5 disciplines to choose form instead of one?

>all the cool Primarchs died
>Guilty Robotman was preserved to be brought back
Why is the universe (read: GW) so cruel

So how it feels younger brother, still feels safely behind your large playerbase?

Nope because two Space Wolf fanboys wrote your supplement.

I will legit quit 40k if they squat Slaanesh, this game has already jumped the grox a million times by now but this would be the final straw. I'm not going to pay money to some neutered corpse of an IP that shit on people who paid money for slaanesh miniatures just to appeal to babby axeman13 who has retarded puritan parents. But so far these memes haven't really come to fruition, the only worrying thing is literally zero Slaanesh mini updates in forever.

Pretty much all of the (non-sanguinus/ferrus) loyalist primarchs have been conveniently MIA and able to come back at a moments notice. Lion and Guilliman are just the ones with IMMEDIATE access.

corax "went into the eye of terror"
khan "got caught in a warp storm"
dorn "went missing, they only found his hand"
vulkan "just fucking disappeared like a black dad"
russ "awoo wufftime"

Guilliman is just the coolest and most interesting one

>First indicator might be that they are twice as big as that guy these days.

Unless I'm completly mistaken, that's a relatively new thing. GW seems to make thing bigger and bigger since upgrading the marines to the 32mil bases.
Even the new SoB sized inquisitor and the new canoness got 32mil bases when there is not logical reason for that.

I really understand why this is happening but I don't exactly like it.

It works the same way in the base CSM codex.

tl;dr ksons champs can only generate powers from the tzeentch table, because a sorcerer must generate powers from the god's table if they have to mark, between one to up to half of their total powers rounded down.

*rounded up

Could be, considering Yvraine and the Ynnari can restore the Thousand Sons rubrics.

Guilliman did literally nothing interesting

>made the modern imperium
He is definitely the most interesting loyalist they could have chosen.

>The sad thing is someone in this thread will probably believe you.
he was in the shrine on ultramar and people believed he'd come back in a time of need. pretty sure that is how it goes.

Perfect primarch for "nothing interesting" chapter.

Oh, you're just baiting. Good job. Here's a (you).

>Aspiring Sorcerers can buy ML2 for 25pts
>Rubrics down to 18ppm
>Flamer is free
>Soulreaper cannon is 15pts and can be bought per five
>SOTs all get two wounds and each can buy Soulreaper cannon
>Exalted Sorcerer starts with ML3

Y/N?

Why would the flamer be free when it's not free for anyone else?

Mort from the drago brand on his heart.

I wish the Thousand Sons played on the tabletop like they sounded in their fluff.
>Bunch of fucking awesome sorcerers doing cool unique spells
>Waves of fire from the rubrics fucking shit up
>Daemon allies helping out in the background

In reality
>Withcfires are useless and youre no better at it than anyone else
>10 rubrics cost 300 points meaning your AP3 means nothing because they have 3 times more guys and they're in cover anyway
>Daemons do everything you want but better if only you had the points to take some

Feels fucking bad man.

Because they have to swap AP3 bolters for it.

Plus, flamer itself is terrible because of that dumb "give enemy FnP" rule, so it's never worth the points.
>I wish the Thousand Sons played on the tabletop like they sounded in their fluff.
You mean like 30k TSons?

>manager
>interesting
Pick one

Im not a smurfs fan but Guilliman or a loyal Lion are probably the imperiums best choice for first primarch back into the shitshow.

>You mean like 30k TSons?
No. Read and Sound fucking awesome to me but I know in the game its worthless. I had such high hopes they'd fix the TSons and instead we got worse. Cant wait for the next update in 10 years.

Since when have flamers given enemy FnP? Or is it a Tsons specific thing?

Basically this. While Khan may be more interesting by himself than Guilliman a dude going fast doesn't really have the same impact as a good tactician, especially with Trazyn stealing Creed.

If Lion does turn traitor (which would be annoyingly pointless and obvious) then Guilliman is the best choice.

Hey, guys, why do you think GW decided to make Emperor the weakest of chaos gods?

>Ahriman and Magnus set aside their ten millenia long split with no development and go to attack Fenris
>again
>and fail to kill the space wolves
>again
>but claim victory because they accomplished some hitherto never mentioned or hinted at objective
>again
Oh, okay, well, at least we still have Ahriman's quest to unfuck the Rubric. Oh wait, the new Eldar characters literally undid it as a spur of the moment gambit to fuck with Ahriman.

They force enemy unit to do a T check, eat D3 more wounds if they fail or get +1/6+ FnP if they succeed. Those wounds cas be saved by invu and FnP anyway.

You have to pay 7pts for that crap.

Tzeench flames gives FnP if you pass toughness test, i guess thosand sons flamers work the same way.

>The Thousand Sons were a force like no other. In the name of enlightenment, they had dabbled with the energies of the Warp so deeply that a flaw in their genessed had mutated out of control, with some of their number turned into fleshy monsters robbed of all sanity

So this is a retcon right? Because the flesh change almost killed off the TSons before they even met Magnus? Where the fuck is this coming from?

>space manager
>not interesting
Pretty much everyone else is just a meathead that hits things real hard.

I thought they fucked up the Space Wolves up pretty bad though

Wait. By undid the Rubric...you mean the Rubric of Ahriman?

Who wants a quick game boys?

This. Besides if being a burly man of hitting real hard would have unfucked the galaxy it would have been done already. We need Robby-Bobby G to play some Transport tycoon deluxe: Galactic edition.

But there's been nothing to suggest in their own fluff that Lion was a traitor. It would be massively annoying to every Dark Angels player. Presuming they still exist. I used to play them around 5th/6th edition, although I stopped after getting shit for playing a Deathwing army. I still kind of feel invested in their fluff, I guess.

Yeah Space Kirby will be mush more interesting

They inflicted some losses, sure, but nothing of real value was lost.

I wouldn't really care if they had either A) destroyed Fenris and left the Space Wolves as a fleet-based chapter OR B) not included the retarded subplot and just let the Thousand Sons lose outright. It's the constant need to make sure everyone wins that pisses me off, coupled with pissing all over existing plots and characters. The Ahriman-Rubric thing is really what pisses me off. That's pretty much THE fundamental ongoing plot issue with the Thousand Sons and it was resolved with zero build-up or care as a throw-away bit of an Eldar book.

A GW rep at the LVO when asked if the Tau would get more models for Fires of Cyraxus he said there is a high probability of them getting more models. Plural. He said that it/they are't a fast attack. We know there is a leaked picture of the reworked Tigershark.

I hope its the long rumored Tau super heavy tank. It would be awesome if it was another titan though. Any other ideas?

Also with fracture of biel tan fluff out it's pretty clear the Tau won't be allying with the IoM/Eldar for their grand alliance. Which leaves TauCrons as the only real possibility.

I was basing this off the 1 of each turns, because the dark angels have all their bullshit over the fallen and Lion spent all his time not being understood (even though he was clearly loyal)

If it does happen it'll be fucking retarded and annoy me even as someone with no vested interest in dark angels.

Well they undid it to like five marines and then killed them off again, so I doubt that's the end-all of the Rubric plot.
I say bring back Rogal Dorn to lay siege to everything.

lolnope
oh please lord as its not more suits i'll be happy

>and it was resolved with zero build-up or care as a throw-away bit of an Eldar book.
No it wasnt? New Eldar god released a couple of marines not all of them. It was even leaked in the last thread and youre talking shit? It's retarded enough you dont need to lie.

Awww yiss /ss/ robot uprising from the east coming near you!

>The Ahriman-Rubric thing is really what pisses me off.
Just makes it seem like tzeentch has a vested interest in keeping magnus/ahriman/the dust bunnies as they are, and eldar magic ain't going to have the same kind of oversight.

>bring back siege man and have him siege many things
Really pushing new boundaries there. Definitely going to shake up the setting.

Once you have organizing man organize things, you can bring in the other mans to comment on how he organized things/display their personality quirks and also display their specific brand of "killing people until they die"

Does anybody actually upgrade their sergeants to this level?

>By undid the Rubric...you mean the Rubric of Ahriman?

Ahriman trapped Yvraine, the Yncarne, and the Visarch in an attempt to feed them to Tzeentch. He returned them to the Webway when Yvraine managed to bring a dozen Rubrics back to true life - one of them even called Ahriman "brother" and referred to him by his first name.

Then she had a Wraithknight cut open the webway and blast the resurrected Thousand Sons into warpspace.

Reading the new Ynnari rules, the Yncarne and Yvraine can only get Revenant and Daemonology(Sanctic) powers but as they are not Grey Knights they peril on doubles when trying to cast the sanctic powers, wtf GW?

>New Eldar god released a couple of marines not all of them
Not God, only emmysar, released during the fight against Ahriman, released by single spell.

>but as they are not Grey Knights they peril on doubles when trying to cast the sanctic powers, wtf GW?

So? It's the same with Craftworld Eldar. They're restricted to Sanctic Daemonology as well, but don't get any special protection when using it.

Wow.

The resurrection part feels both awesome and heartwarming...but the latter sucks like the warp-sapce it is.

As if we needed another reason to hate the Eldar.

Yeah but craftworld eldar can use other powers as well, while they are forced to use either the not so great Revenant table or peril themselves, IMO this makes Yvraine almost useless

You're quibbling. An Eldar managed to undo what Ahriman has been trying to undo for millennia at a moment's notice.

Revenant has some decent shit. Soulburst on demand is amazing, that BS buff is decent and they have bunch of witchfires that could be useful.

Probably not, but its nice that they pack sprues with the option of it now

Yeah and thats the retarded part.

It's not quibbling you said somethi8ng wrong own it. A dozen marines were freed not all of them, then butchtits tried to kill them. You think thats the end of the rubric saga?

>Ahriman trapped Yvraine, the Yncarne, and the Visarch in an attempt to feed them to Tzeentch.
Oh poor Ahriman, you was so close to save 40k, but you will be avenged, there are still forces who can punish this shit, even you, if GW decides to kill you or turn into Imperium Secundus loyalist.

>the not so great Revenant table

The Revenant table's pretty good. Word of the Pheonix and Ancestor's Grace are both solid buff spells. Unbind Souls will murder a horde unit and even against tougher enemies, you only need one dead model to get a free Soulburst action. Storm of Whispers and Spirit Hook are okay-ish, Gaze of Ynnead is expensive by lets you pop tanks, the only really BAD power there is Shield of Ynnead.

And she brings more to the table than just her psychic powers. She increases the Soulburst range to 14" for her unit, she's respectable in combat, and gets a lot of warp charge dice to play with. A bit jack-of-all-trades but hardly almost useless.

I got two of this bad girls by accident (GW lost a package, GW sent new one, package arrives a month later, also two Vyridians)

I originally got it because I like the model, but with Castellans of the Imperium, detachements and formation, it seems I can start my Dominion squads inside this bad girls.

If not guess they are going back to Repressors. Any good use for Valks?

Are we doing another FoC and say Cawl blew up Cadia?

No this actually happened.

Look for the previous thread.

It's like the last photo of the boo posted with a big Black section on the right hand bottom page.

Force organization Chart?

>Any good use for Valks
use it as a vendetta, 3 twin linked lascannon who can load up 5 models, i use them to transport my scion's command squand and drop theyr 4 flamers where i need (also general tankbusting and flier hunting)

>shilling even now

>GW making anything Slaanesh related ever again

I have bad news for you user

Reposting from the last thread

The box doesn't come with extra lasscannons. Guess it is a trip into the bitz box. I'm sure GW put marine bits in every box I have way too many marine shit for not even playing them.

Also my main Army is SoB so flamer galore is rather cover. Maybe plasma, but the troop choices are already doing that with deepstrike.

More of people saying Cawl blew up Cadia when he didn't.

I know GW went turbo shit by 5th.

Spirit Stone of A'whatshisname and Ghost Helm is all protection one needs.