WIP

POST BLOOD BOWL AND OTHER SPECIALTY GAME PROGRESS

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
>Currently offline

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Panther, I need Charlie Zone status. Report!
youtube.com/watch?v=YzWP-C8oDPw

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamemat.eu/our-products/battle-mats/6-x4-g-mats/6-x4-g-mat-fallout-zone/sk/
dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?p=1&u=34764&ll=3&auction=0&unapproved=0&coolnesslow=0&coolnesshigh=10&paintjoblow=0&paintjobhigh=10&sort1=7&sort2=0&skip=30&en=&st=&utype=&start=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So I'm trying to go for an ice theme with my harlequins, kind of like pic.

What colors/paints would be good to get that look?

Well, here's my thrower, mates

hear me out hear me out hear me out...

squig in a hamster wheel

>squig chasing snotling in a wheel

Malifaux kind of has that already

To the dude with the blue Easterlings - nice job, what shield was that?

>tfw suddenly no longer so sure about my tank colour scheme

Putting tyranid extra armor plates on the skinks, and mk.III shoulder pauldrons for pads on the saurus. Dont have a picture yet, but the carnosaur is my coach model. He has a torn ref shirt dangling from a tooth and goofy shoes on the ground, like he ate the ref.

Should I use regular saurus? Or temple guard? Temple guard have helmets and some additional bits on them, but I can only get some with shields and I'd rather them go without shields.

Almost finished with my icon of despair, only the grey parts're left.
I like to use it with my spare points (it's just 10 after all), for fluff reasons. And also because it's fucking hilarious to watch a my opponents face when he realises that on top of my plague marines having T5, 5+ feel no pain and defensive grenades, now he's hitting them on 6's.

As the owner of that model where would I even find a squig model that small?

Aaaaaaan I forgot to resize it again. Sorry.

They look very nice, what's the green recipe?

Death World Forest in there somewhere?

Its fine, stop fishing for compliments like some bitch

What models do you HATE working on?
For me it's DKoK and SW. Too bad that's what 75% of my commissions are.

I was really thinking about the possibility of changing my colour scheme to something more monotone that would show off the weathering mud and powders better, too bad I decided to weather it up already so I can't just spray over it.
Flyers. I can't stand clear parts.

You gonna put your dudes in Multicam?

hey, thanks, here's the recipe:
1. vallejo green grey
2. wash with a mix of agrax earthshade and seraphin sepia 50/50 (I wash twice for a more brownish tone)
3. highlight with very watered down green grey
4. more highlighting with watered down green grey
4. edge highlights with green gray/ushabti bone (or some other bone white) 50/50 or something like that

The key here is to highlight with a very watered down paint (mine's almost transparent). I also apply watered down seraphin sepia here and there at the end, to make it more yellowish in places.

I use the exact same method on my tanks/dreadnoughts.

Pic related is the finished result. You can also spot the icon bearer there, before he got an arm swap.

Thank you for taking the time to write that, you, ironically, have a beautiful force.

>Flyers. I can't stand clear parts
I agree, I usually paint all of my cockpits in a nice mirrored or glossy black

SS peadot/Flecktarn, actually. I just suddenly started pining for the WW1 aesthetic because I want my IG to be trench-dwelling infantry.
I usually go and paint the cockpit up in basic colours, it's the frames I can't stand. And trying to glue the clear parts in place.

Found your problem. Ders no red paint. And a lackin of gubbins and bitz.

Tanks are rather bland models.

I wish I had some of those older Leman Russes. Those had bitz and gubbins. Not so much anymore.

Thanks again for the compliment. I honestly with I could paint faster though, I've been painting my army for the past 4 months, and all I've managed to finished were:
- 2 Rhinos
- 2 units of Plague marines (if you count the one I'm working on right now)
- a unit 3 Terminators
- a Dreadnought

And I still have to finish:
- 5 Obliterators
- 5 Havovs with autocannons
- 10 Cultits
- 5 plague Bikers
- a Lord on a bike
- a freaking detatchment of nurgle daemons I decided to pick before christmas which includes a GUO, 10 Plaguebearers and a unit of 5 Nurglings, because who needs a fully painted army

Come to think of it, I propably shouldn't attempt to paint things like pic related WITH A BRUSH.

>painting vehicles without the aid of an airbrush
masochism at it's finest. that's a sweet rhino tho

I'm going to need you to sell me your army

My new terrain pieces in use for the first time in a kill team mission

Fits the table really well. Out of curiosity, which gaming mat is that? I've been looking for something of this colour.

I'd like to know as well

The boat is nearing completion. I don't know why the pictures so dark

I feel your pain. I'm too retarded for an airbrush I feel

Reposting from last thread. Looking for more to work with that I may have missed other than cleanup and gaps.
I've gotten weathering, don't know why I spaced on that one but I'll be adding typhus corrosion in places to chip it out.
Also going to add mud to the tracks. Particularly in the shittier places (it's chinaman)

Made an exalted. Glory-hungry axeman. Expect him to attack once and die.

>that impaled guardsman
Not gonna lie, that's pretty fucking brutal. And I love it.

here you go
gamemat.eu/our-products/battle-mats/6-x4-g-mats/6-x4-g-mat-fallout-zone/sk/

I've found a suitable whale model to turn into my Biologis Stormbird. Mentioned it a little bit ago, I'll order it up tomorrow, it'll be a while before it's over from America though.

Model is apparently 24" long and 14" fintip to fintip, I want to remove a lot of the belly and back to replace with the gondola/gantry and the upper deck.
Says it's Resin, but I'm not sure how you go about slicing up resin models that big, and I assume it's hollow. Any things to avoid/do? Do NOT want to fuck this up, it'll cost me enough.

Also taking suggestions for things to put on it, other than the two twin-linked lascannon each side, one twin Hbolter turret per wing and one at the back that will be swappable for another twin lascannon, so I can pick 30k or 40k. Turrets are probably going to be the Firestorm Redoubt quad-las turrets, one each side on platforms coming off the gondola.

Can anyone think of any cool gubbins? Mechanicum, so obviously diesel/atompunk if possible.

thanks m8
that looks perfect for kill team
needs more explosive red barrels though

I love it, but... I don't know... there's just something odd about the sail

that does look suitable. 24" also seems more reasonable compared to the length you mentioned last time. I have no idea how to work with resin though.

I thought that blue light was a sweet osl.

thanks. My circle recently spent a lot of time getting all the terrain painted up.

This gamemat is really good since its design kinda blends with everything you put on it. and for killteam missions on a 4'x4' surface we just block 12" on each end with nonstop terain. then each player gets a strip to place dice, codicies, reserves and such.

Slightly longer than the actual Sokar Pattern Stormbird, but the "Wings" aren't as wide and a lot of the length is tail, which evens it out well enough. The proxy rules of size and shape get a bit loose at this point. since it's not likely that once I put it on a suitable stand that you'll struggle to draw Line of Sight.

I'll look up the resin stuff if noone here knows, I just like getting new ideas for stuff to mount on the thing.

It needs a skull.

Hmm... I dunno, you might be right. I think its because the transfer looks too perfect. Perhaps if you were to put on a skull it would have to be free-handed, and not a transfer, otherwise it'll still look weird.

adding compartments and fuel sockets or whatnot that are not directly related to weapon systems will probably look cool too. its probably also important to work with the seam between flesh and machine so it doesnt look like a normal whale thats been cut into but looks like the whale grew around/with the parts with discoloration and scarification.

Rate my reparation skills.

Yeah, I'm getting some GW vehicles to add suitable stuff, so either a Baneblade, Stormraven or Land Raider to break up for parts. Going to also need a lot of greenstuff, which is also something I haven't worked with much before.

Also I have a whole War Convocation's worth of Admech spares, so I can decorate the place a bit. Re. the joins, those will probably be sorted fairly late in the build, since by then I'll know where all the bits are actually going exactly. Haven't thought about how I'll paint that up much, honestly.

Their fluff is they're from a planet where the planetary governor is an edgy teenager named Craig who is obsessed with the DKOK and makes the planetary regiment wear knockoff brand DKOK uniforms. Thus, they are the Death Korps of Craig

itll probably look good if you get weapon mounts with both vertical/horizontal movement, i can imagine some big searchlights that surveys the battlefield/landing zone as well. This project of yours is quite something. im getting all kinds of ideas.

I really like these. The white coats with mud remind me of WWII modelers and how they paint their troops. Good job user.

Only thought would be to maybe dull down those gas mask tubes a little bit with a wash or something.

Are you a spider?

I know, right? I've been thinking about it for a few weeks, it's gone through a few iterations, and I thought it was a pipe dream until I realized a few days ago there's nothing actually stopping me from just doing it.

If the Firestorm Quadlas turrets don't let me move them in all directions I can always magnet them up., seeing as they're going to represent two seperate twin-linked lascannons instead of one quadgun. Re. searchlights, might have a couple on railings and such, and I have cyber-occularis squid things to do my scouting for me. Not going to mount too many things on the upper deck, otherwise it will look a bit cluttered. Probably replace one or both whale eyes with lenses and such.

jesus fucking christ, is that what happens when an assault termie tries to strike a warhound titan?

Thanks for the suggestion; I was on the fence about the brightness of the tubes already.

one of the eyes could get a small cluster of lenses in different sizes with cables running in and out of the skin. I feel like making a crazy project now. However i play Dark angels so theres not much funny business there.

Good call. Weaving the cables in might be a bit fiddly. Maybe make some greenstuff cables and stick them to the skin, then make a flap of skin to cover the ends, so it looks like it's slightly grown round them? I'll see if I can find enough spare lenses to do an eye cluster.

You trying to make him flash gang signs, user?

Thats goofy but hilariously plausible.

What painting communities are worth lurking and not full of trannies and SJWs banning any one who posts a demonette with it's titties hanging out?

You're in the only one worth mentioning right now

Sounds like you've got a story to tell.

coolminiornot, or just post here, we're ok with tits on minis.
actualy, forget the minis, you can post just the tits.

Sounds like he just got kicked out of DakkaDakka

how do you even do that

apparently posting sexy daemonettes will do the trick.

The quality of work here is pretty low though. I'd like to find things to aspire to not just telling people to thin their paints. I help people around here but I would also like to have peers who challenge my skill level and make me want to do better.

Don't we all have the same story in this regard? We join a normiebook group, find a forum or a hang out and then just as you settle in you find out one of the admins is a tranny who causes drama and all the betas worship the ground he walks on to try and see the fake boobs? It's happened to me like 3 times now and I just don't care to support communities like that.

I posted on Wyrd's forum a while back with the old Zoraida model. It's an old woman with her saggy boobs out. Thread for deleted pretty quickly but Malifaux has drawn the SJW crowd so it's hardly a shock.

Dakka dakka is okay but I'm interested in upcoming things too.

>these thread get me interested in painting
>Duncan makes it look easy
>buy some fire warriors, paints, and brushes
THEY ARE SO FUCKING SMALL HOLY SHIT. I guess that's what they mean by miniature. How do you people do it? Edge highlight the armour panels? The individual armour panels are microscopic!

I remember one guy a long time ago got banned for literally mixing his paints with his semen to paint his 'Nids, along with gluing his own hair clippings to them, amongst other things. Personally I thought it was fucking hilarious and he didn't deserve a ban over it.

Are you for fucking real

Duncan only makes it look easy because he's been painting for over a decade. It all comes down to practice and willingness to improve. You're lucky that we live in an age where you can watch all sorts of tutorials like Duncan's for free easily. As for edge highlighting, the best way I've seen to do it is to hold the brush at an angle so you're just hitting the edge of what you want highlighted with the side of your brush instead of the tip.

We need evidence of this..

Semen basing when?

>mixing his paints with his semen to paint his

I can confirm, I was there for that. Didn't some asshole on here try to sell a Wraithknight he painted with cum?

Here's a pic of his hair clippings one. He's also apparently used crushed blueberries as a dip wash for some of his 'Nids, amongst other things. Here's a link to his gallery - I dunno if he got unbanned or if they never deleted it but the dude is a grade-A weird fuck and honestly not very good at painting.

dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?p=1&u=34764&ll=3&auction=0&unapproved=0&coolnesslow=0&coolnesshigh=10&paintjoblow=0&paintjobhigh=10&sort1=7&sort2=0&skip=30&en=&st=&utype=&start=0

I'm gonna pour over this entire damn thing to find evidence of the semen paints now.

Here's another where he apparently used his own blood for a wash.

We need to make an infograph about how not to paint models with this guy's shit.

Probably, but look at the nuts he put on that tyranid. Guy's got some pretty funny conversion work going on, he's just too insane to paint.

Dr user here. Very good work on those, you've even grouped the crops of the blisters together in a believable way.

Dr of what?
MD?

Sexspacemarine.jpg

what the flying fuck
I don't know whether to be disgusted or impressed

So is he insane or just a troll?

>avoid
Obviously, don't put much pressure on it. If it's hollow it'll probably shatter.
>do
Find a FINE saw - something that won't just tear it apart. I've got pretty much pic related which I got for 11USD, and it's nice for small/soft work due to the spacing of the teeth.

Yes.

Guess who forgot pic related

He should been doing daemons of khorne instead of nids for that.

Also, wear a mask when sawing and filing resin, its dust is cancerous.

Looking good.
Cheers for the write up.

Working on prepping metal models after years of working solely on plastics.
I'm in hell

Thanks, I'll stick that on the list, probably along with a couple finer files, the ones I have work fine for rough stuff in plastic but I think this'll need more care. Also probably some more heavy-duty superglue?
It comes painted AFAIK, so not entirely sure what I'll do about that. Maybe leave it as is, maybe prime over once built seeing as I'm adding a bunch of detail and the lines are quite soft anyway, whatever works.

That problem's solved, I have a respirator mask I can use. No whale-cancer for me.

Never seen a folding knife razor saw before; does the hinge give you any problems?

Great, really looking forward to your conversion, the concept is rad as fuck

It's not folding - I couldn't find a better image; it's 4 separate blades held on by a thick screw. It's got a groove for the blades so it doesn't pivot. You swap the blades out as needed.

Thanks, man. Be warned, this is my first crack at something this big and I'm learning some new skills along the way, but luckily it's going to be bits that will be hidden and I can take as many cracks at as needed for a while. Also practice cultists and practice Rhino are old friends.

Be a while before I have much to show, it's got to ship from America and I have to finish my WarConvo, which should line up nicely for a week or two.

Hell, what about the IG user here who somehow 'accidently' super-glued a Cadian torso to his wang? He eventually manged to remove it along with several layers of skin... Ouch!

I've never heard of that but god fucking damn I need proof of this.

I don't think I have the pic any more, but it was posted here on 4chins a few years ago. I can't imagine super gluing anything while my junk is hanging out...

Painting some terrain atm.

Using Blues and flock to give it a more interesting look. Plan to add rust pigments to all the metal work.

Looks good. I'm actually happy to see stone that's not dull and grey for once.

Thanks.

I'm the same. My FLGS claims to have a range of terrain, but it's literally dry-brushed grey / metallic buildings. It's like fighting over the planet of the neutronians.