What do your characters do in their week?

What do your characters do in their week?

Not every day can be dungeon delving or chases across rooftops, sometimes maintenance needs to be done and downtime taken.

My Hedge Witch has a wife and daughter he brings keepsakes home to from his adventures. I imagine he would spend most of his time with them or occasionally help his neighbors with any medicinal or healing assistance they need.

Most of his time is taken up running the large scale rebellion he's in charge of, but in his free time he enjoys fishing and practicing his dance routine. Maybe if he has a lot of time on his hands he'll get a couple of sailors together and shoot the giant jellyfishes that surround the island.

The times he's not stuck on runs, my mage pampers his little sister who's the only family he has left. Things like spending time with her, going out shopping and eating, walking her to school and such. He even spent karma to give her a permanent teddy bear homunculus.

>he has dependent sympathetic NPC in Shadowrun

Absolute madman. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

He goes through a lot of precautions so that his sister remains separate from his running life. But I find it more interesting to play characters that are relatable and have flaws; if I wanted to play a mary sue I'd play something other than Shadowrun.

I run a teen drama game, their week is continuing to deal with the same bullshit they deal with all the time

That's a very sexy thark

When he's not serving his evil sorcerous overlord, my Summoner enjoys painting with his eidolon. He secretly wants to ask his liege if he wants to put his paintings in the throne room, but doesn't feel like it.

Reads news articles, follows up with his contacts in the lower tiers of Coruscant, Kuati shipyards, Out-Rim, the upper tiers of Coruscant, etc.., and gambles of everything he has the money to bet on.

My GM rolls a dice whenever we come back for a game and some time has passed in universe, that determines how much money I have. I've been broke for a while now.

Run his above board and clandestine businesses and continue researching potential cures for his curse

His PC antics ARE an escape from his job.

Occasionally while not participating in vehicular violence or just violence, he watches dumb B-movies and goes practicing his boxing.

When he isn't crusading against the forces of wickedness, he spends time praying, practicing his swordplay, maintaining his arms and armor, and doing cute things with his fiancée.

He chases down hints to the next Artifact, Spellbook or Secret to steal.

Either that or he just walks the streets of Rochester, cataloguing the cracks in reality so he can use them better to his advantage later.

My barbarian girl is an avid music fan. She tried to learn for a while but wasn't any good, so instead spends a lot of time in the patronage of bards and other musicians.

She spends a lot of time swimming in lakes, (been attacked while bathing naked by goblins once)

Spends his time appropriating his transmutation abuse to create select abomi- I mean products train and sell to rich clientel with bizzare "tastes".

He also took an Elder Brain hostage and keeps it dumbed up by flooding it's pool with drugs.

The Paladin in my group divides his time between working with a blacksmith and fullfiling his duties at the temple. The wizard teaches his class in the Arcane Institue, the Bard takes care of his bar and sometimes perform in the court. The monk tries to build and run his monastery. The rogue manages the thieves guild of the city and the druid goes to his woods to do druidy things

My tiefling helps her adoptive family with stuff around the house, works on designs for nonlethal traps, hits the tavern and sometimes arugues with her crazy neighbor about whether the lights in the sky are fairies or aliens.

Also, sauce? Image searches are getting me nothing and this looks amusing

Cassiopeia Quinn, a webcomic, only really notably for its art by Psudofollio, a fairly regular Veeky Forums artist.

Cool, thanks for the name

Travel to new towns. Sample the local cuisine. Tell stories. Meet people. Find nice places to eat. Get into ridiculous arguments at the flimsiest pretexts to do so. Listen to the latest gossip. Enjoy good meals. Read favorite books. Write new stories. Have candlelit dinners with her wife. Chart the stars. Attend parties. Dine with high society. Curl up and enjoy a good tail-brushing.

And, of course, get roaringly drunk and loudly sing songs she'd never admit to knowing while sober.

At the moment he's a confused soul, since he escaped an evil circus where he was basically a slave performer and labourer a ciuple of years aho, and adventuring is what helps him figure out who he is as a person and what he wants.
But so far he just likes to get drunk for fun and get ibto fist fights.

Well, since he got shanghaied, he hasn't had much time to himself. When he does have time, though, he loves to think up and tell stories, and he also likes to make simple reagents and concoctions to use as story aides.

Spreading fun and laughter, wherever and whenever dourness and drabness prevail.

This is a picture of a Hero Academy teacher having (extremely kinky) sex with a student.

No, that is a picture of a Licensed Hero disciplining his employee for not including any humor in her report about gangland killings.

But an easy mistake to make

What's this series?

My Hero Academia

It is usually a lot less ecchi than this.

>mangafox

So what is your patrician-tier site then?

my warrior (a feudal lord) has a family (wife, 2 sons and a daughter, also his wife's mother lives with them) and some lands and villagers he is responsible for so the guy is quite busy when not on campaign or fighting off marauders or some monster

that needs tentacles

He didn't fight a dragon so he could be frugal with it's hoard. His opulence is garish, unchecked, and unsustainable. Inevitably he'll run out of money and have to go rob another dragon.

Teach a gym class, apparantly

I want to CARTER that martian

Not EARTHED

Okay, it's a pic of a Licensed Hero having extremely kinky sex with an employee.

My character when not off doing diplomatic or military things is usually
>home with wife and kid pretending he knows how to raise him
>helping his wife with her Druid/nature stuff
>at a bar/inn while traveling
>being a man whore
>setting up and managing the keep and barony he is charged with.
>drinking.

Well, after finishing our first dungeon and turning in some goblin heads for gold, I plan on having my human ranger (UA Revised) do his companion attunement with a giant albino wolf spider he befriended in the dungeon, make some worghide cloaks for his party members and a nice set of leather armor (made from one of the exceptional hides, so DM made it slightly better than normal leather armor), a tribal sort of necklace made from giant spider and wolf spider fangs with raven feathers, and buy a journal where he can record his travels thus far.

He makes things and sells them. He believes that the acts of inventing and crafting are in imitation of God, and bring him closer to divinity. It's how he worships.

My bard owns a tavern and likes to spend her free time composing new songs and teaching people how to sing/play harp. She also likes to visit her uncle in the weekends to get him some pie or sweet.

Batoto. Or kissmanga I guess, neither compresses nor watermarks the images

Not my current character, but I played a wizard once who spent an exorbitant amount of downtime setting up a clandestine, skeleton-powered mining operation in a country where necromancy was heavily frowned upon. Most of the gold he picked up adventuring went directly into costs of construction, supplies, or greasing palms of local lords, and the whole thing got all set up just in time for that campaign to fall apart.

Only good end for a character I've ever gotten.

Troll face spends time doing 'old folk things'. Listens to 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s music. Has that dumpster diver contact who finds him antiques. Descriptions of said antiques may or may not be accurate.

Training.

Plan and scheme.
Honestly he's kinda boring. I'm hoping to get him killed off by trying (and failing) to betray the party.

Actually most of the days I GM for my players it's about how something weird happens during their free time. Some terrorists unleash a Death Spirit in the disco or a drug cartel tries to kill a friendly NPC at the Opera.

>characters that are relatable and have flaws
>in Shadowrun
admiralackbar.jpg

Come on, Shadowrun is almost designed around minmaxing with the trait system, and a lot of the negative traits work as character flaws. As for relatability, there would be plenty of reasons for people to start running. In the mage's case, it simply provides the most money for his skills while letting him retain what little freedom a sixth worlder has left. By working directly to the corps, he would basically sign away all his liberties and also consign his sister to the life of a wage slave. He also loathes the thought of working for corps after the circumstances that killed their parents.

Sure you could play a black-hearted sociopath who only cares about wreaking havoc and making money, but I think the setting lends itself best to realistic characters who are just trying to make ends meet in a dystopic world. Sometimes, doing bad shit is unavoidable as a runner, but at least you get to choose the degree of shittiness. And the profession often puts you into position to do good to offset all the bad shit, if just by a little bit.

>spent karma to give her a permanent teddy bear homunculus
Aww, that's sweet.
is he fucking her?

Trains Dègs

>Psudofollio, a fairly regular Veeky Forums artist

The artist is Psudonym, Psudofolio is their portfolio blog(s).

No. He wouldn't sully his treasure like that.

Drinking Sake and complaining how wine and rum are much better drinks, studying japanese, Hanging out off base with his Underlings and keeping in shape

I ERP so my character spends his downtime breeding and enslaving monster girls for his rape farm.

Even his daughters?

Especially the cute ones, promotes a more consistent milk Minotaur breed

Maintains the small mansion that the party calls home
Works on perfecting enchantments for items, including the small mansion that the party calls home
Repairs the mansion that the party calls home when one or two of those enchanting experiments explode violently
Runs a fairly successful doctor's office/prosthetic shop out of the small mansion the party calls home
Creates homunculi to work in and around the small mansion the party calls home
Has heated discussions and debates with a Gaira Dragon in the study of the small mansion the party calls home
"On the job" is usually appearing when the party needs him to identify some magic gewgaw or decipher some ancient language.
If it weren't for his Nemesis abilities making sleep and food unnecessary, he'd have dropped dead ages ago.

Last character was a ranger who ran into the woods to wrestle with woodland animals and swim upriver. He really wanted to become a bear wrestling barbarian hero type.

My current one is a goblin druid who dreams of breeding giant spiders, so he is doing that when not adventuring. Unfortunately for him the ridable giant spiders in setting are all infertile pre-trained offspring of a giant spider god thing, so he's basically doomed to failure unless he discovers some other source of giant spiders.

got a drow orphan special snowflake right now

probably pestering the town arch-mage, a stupid powerful ex-adventurer type who the drow idolizes

My current PC is retired (and did so VERY young) so she spends most of her time doing one-off panels and consultancies, and raising her three kids with her husband. More and more, though, she gets roped into training the first class of the Rebuilt Paladins, since the current Chief Paladin is actually her former subordinate. She also gives tours of her temple complex home, where she lives in the rectory, and occasionally attends meetings of the local clergy, though she tries not to step on toes.

>all of these plebs
>not always fighting for the emperor
>pic related

Do you even augment, bro?

He's actually in a Union, so any time he's not adventuring, he has a day job.

My fighter is a baker, and brings back rare berries and ingredients for his pastries.

But Senpai, flaws are built into the game.

During the weekends, when my character ain't trying to save the world, he plots to destroy it while confronting a different set of would-be heroes.

My Shadowrun street samurai actually works a couple of part-time jobs.
The main one is in a maid cafe, which she uses to charm potential Johnsons and gain ranks in knowledge (tea). She kinda likes it there, even it it's a wageslave job. Mostly because of the maid outfits.
She also trains with her sword, and lavishes attention on her apartment's security system; a genuine dog owned by the doorman and kept in the lobby.
Oh, and she shops, ideally on someone else's account. She has a very large wardrobe of fancy clothes, and a taste for burgers made with real meat and real cheese.

>Shadowrun is almost designed around minmaxing with the trait system
This. Anyone but the face should take Uncouth for extra points.

Fighter goes to work, chopping demons.
Sleeps 5-8 hours on a lucky night.
Kills more demons.
Rinse and repeat.

This is not a way to live...

>Be Imperial Guardsman in a DH game
>Nicknamed Private "Lily" because he loves to study alien flora
>First picked up by the Inquisition when he killed a Squad of his fellow guardsmen after they fell to Chaos worship
>Most other guardsmen who know this just let the guy lounge about and study flowers
>Tries to send his drawings of flowers to the Inquisitor because he's the only one who pretends to even care about it.

My shadowrun character lives in a small concrete room with a fridge, a lot of plastic explosives, and a locker for clothes / weaponry.
In his downtime, he tries to sleep as much as possible.

Sounds like my life. Except without the plastic explosives.

She's currently traveling but when she's not adventuring she lives at her temple, being one of the librarians.

Before she became a librarian she was a teacher giving the poor kids in town a free elementary level education (reading, writing, sums) on behalf of her temple. She still keeps in contact with some of her former pupils. She also visits her parents when she's in town.

My druid was a goatherd with woodcarving as his primary hobby. Was, because his herd died and he doesn't have the means to buy a new one.

>D&D

When he's not keeping the Masked Lord and his associates alive, my tiefling fighter/cleric helps with the security of their tavern headquarters for mutual benefit. In his downtime, he helps with the local urchins, plays card games, and writes letters to his old commander.

>CoD

My Obrimos Arrow does pretty much the same thing, though his day job is a paralegal/courier. He goes to the gym in his spare time.

>40k

Usual Space Marine stuff for my Deathwatch characters. My Factor of Mars Techpriest is something of a hedonist, so he's usually sampling wine.

Building stuff, he's an architect when not exploring hidden temples.

GURPS Modern Adventurer campaign.

>Tries to send his drawings of flowers to the Inquisitor because he's the only one who pretends to even care about it.

That's adorable.

Being a hero is a full-time job, but she tries to squeeze college in too. Plus, you know, cute boy butts in spandex.

Well, being the pilot for a trade frigate is something of a full-time job. But he spends a lot of time raising his twin terrors, too.

Monday: reach out to contacts to find work. Sometimes favors are exchanged. Sometimes they're sexual.

Tuesday: Go to dojo to practice with Sensei Bill.

Wednesday: Meet with Mr. Johnson. Sometimes have sex with Mr. Johnson.

Thursday: Mission preparation. Meet with the rest of the team to explain this weekend's run. Sometimes have sex with rest of the team (kidding).

Friday: Time to run. hang out with neighborhood kids until it's time to go. Play soccer, probably.

Saturday: 0100 up to knees in garbage. Not sure why you agree to go along on these missions. 0200 the sam blows up something he wasn't supposed to blow up. It's not the only thing he's premature about. 0300 running from security forces, really annoyed at sam. Mage staring at butt as we run. 0400 hitch a ride with DocWagon thanks to promise of sex later. Sam is happy with himself. Mage is happy with himself. PhysAd is happy with herself. Decker is dead. DocWagon medic is happy with himself. 0600 having sex with DocWagon medic. He's a big guy. 0800 return to mountainside villa nobody else knows you have. Be pleased with self.

Sunday: go to church, make huge donation.

>not fucking your sensei

It's like you don't even WANT to make yellow belt.

Lets see.
Schmidt, a telepathic doctor with an unofficial doctorate in Psychology has two versions of 'downtime'
Work and Actual downtime.

You see he has been part of this band of ex-corporate agents ever since they were disavowed for some mission gone wrong against another major corporation.

[GM Bullshit]

His first job is to schedule Psyc sessions for the team, which honestly puts the most strain on him.
He has files on each one.

Rawne, the teams "Leader" in a barbarian sense.
He strongest, he got to be leader blah blah.
He has serious mental traumas, mostly to do with his upbringings, he is platonically attached to the resident medic.
He sees her as a little sister, literally sees her as his dead younger sister.

Impossible to help, refuses at every turn and threatens violence.
He shows psychopathic tendencies.

Dr. Natalya, resident medical officer, close friend.
Schizophrenia, panic attacks and fits of psychopathic and violent outbursts.
Very aware of my attempts to reverse her condition.
Threatens to physically experiment on me if I try to get inside her head.

Lost cause.

Keith, A red-neck with a gun.
Schitzophrenia, believes he is possessed by a demon.
Second personality is very violent.
Some progress is made through meditation.

I believe he is unaware of his telepathic abilities as I am unable to get into his head.

Rafiki, Sniper.
Trophy hunter, normal however refers to himself in a third person.

Odd.

Second part of 'Work' is to report to Natalya for experimentation.

Unfortunately I gave her the right to experiment on my person during a fire-fight, during one of her episodes.

Actual freetime is much more fun.
Drinking is standard, a German needs to get his steins in.
Gambling is much more fun, regardless if Rawne has threatened me if I try it.
Verdamned tyrant.

Sift through mail, most from long-lost children, most swearing revenge for leaving them and not responding to mail.

>doesn't get Kill Bill reference
I'd tell you to kill yourself, but, well, you're already dead.

>Playing Shadowfate
>roll a wife
>roll that I love her deeply
>roll that she is addicted to drugs
>roll that the mob is looking for her

I like random character generation.

>Detective Inspector Brooklyn. C. of the 1st Royal Martian Police Force, Special Operations 'Phantom' Squad, Cybernetics and Technology division.
She's busy doing all the paperwork she's accrued from shoot-outs and rooftop chases.

Also endless, mind-numbingly boring periods of legitimate detective work going through financial records, internet data caches, phones records and more.

And she gets drunk at the end of most days, normally dragging the rest of her squad along with her.

>My GM rolls a dice
>a dice

When not tangled up in the current threat to the kingdom or robin hood-esque thieves' guild stuff, my rogue spends his time with his younger half-sister either sparring, playing elaborate pranks on the city's head Paladin/hardass cop, or generally getting up to other fun shenanigans. Drinking is always on the agenda, too.

>Demon: The Descent, destroyer demon that was formerly a hunter angel

Every single day of in-game time has been spent dismantling an apocalyptic God-Machine plot, so there has been next to no downtime.

That said, when given the opportunity to be left to her own devices, she would indulge in puzzles, people-watching, reading, and playing chess with her understudy, a teenaged serial killer.

This is, of course, outside what her Cover identities would have pre-established.

>PINKED!

cool

I wanna engage in vigorous multi-arm cuddling and passionate kissing with that martian!

God damn, that touched me, and not in an erotic way. God speed, Private Lily. o7

The Kill Bill reference is obvious. That's specifically WHY she should be sleeping with Bill - the baby was Bill's, after all.

Dice is perfectly acceptable in relation to a single die.
Reign in your Autism.

1. Grow, repair, and train with their wraithbone war gear.
2. Continue to infect mortal humans of breeding age, and try to induct them into dark pacts unless they are truly loyal to the Emperor.
3. Use our knowledge of Dark Age Technology to ingratiate ourselves to members of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
4. Bind daemons to our wargear to make it more powerful and to show the warp who's boss.

Before the adventure, she spent her time playing the part of a superhero and even received a small pension for her effort. Otherwise she tended her own small farm and attended a local engineering collage mostly because her friend was also a student there.

After the destruction of her home and the adventure started, for some time she was just training whenever she could. All of it fueled by a pathological desire to destroy everyone that had stolen her life and loved ones.
She was also determined to prove herself to the rest of the group.

Once she'd found herself cheated out of her revenge and subsequently heard of the Dragon Balls, she became determined to find them and had no more free time.

Since her wish, she's found herself with a lot of free time which is mostly just spent with her friends and back on her farm again.

> Not fucking the rest of the party
It's like you don't want to boost cohesion.

And do you lose a decker every week?

Dwarven Cleric5/Ranger5 of Moradin
Each morning upon waking, he spends an hour praying to Moradin and honoring his fallen family, who died during a goblin raid (which started his ranger career). He has a small home carved into the side of a stone cliff outside the city a mile or so.
He runs his forge most days, taking orders between adventures, goes into town once a day to assist the local church with healing for a couple hours, stops by the tavern to meet with the rest of the group, then heads back to run the forge in the evening til sleep. It has been ten years since the fateful night that brought him to this point.
He long ago got revenge on the bugbear that killed his family, now he hopes to eventually start his life anew, maybe start a clan hall with the proceeds from his adventuring. The guard captain is a dwarf he has had his eye on. When asked about her he says, "Well, she has a fine hammer and a fine beard, even if she is a little young." He is currently working on a new, magical warhammer for her as a courting gift.

Prayer, followed up by proselytizing. Then more prayer.

My current character is the captain of a pirate vessel. Any time not spent adventuring or raiding the trade lanes is spent on maintaining the vessel or tracking down new merchant lanes to rob. One does not amass a considerable fortune without effort.