GW players or MTG players?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mYuF3T7s7XY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

40k players are the absolute worst.

Easily magic.

Online? 40k players.
IRL? MtG players.

Working in a FLGS, I'd have to say GW players, but goodness it was a close one.

They both finance the hobby and the industry. I think MTG might just a little bit more.

I've never had trouble with either personally.

How about who has the better on the extreme good?

Worse how? In just being neck beards? 40k

About breaking the game and haveing more people that make the game not fun? MtG easy

So many MTG players are just cheaters, but absolute worst is Yu-Gi-Oh, that community is all toxic and awful.

Dubs confirm

Pathfinder players

Eight or so years ago, I'd have told you GW due to the sheepish way they buy their exorbitantly expensive product and defend those prices.
But over the last few years, MTG has actually gotten worse than GW about that, so MTG.

The answer is "Yes!"

Both are equally bad, and gaming is generally better the further away from those games you get.

40k is bad because of the constant arguments over rules, I've seen so many people argue over shit like line of sight, cover saves etc. But for the most part 40k players have the rest of their lives together. Lots of young to middle aged men who have jobs and lives, obviously the kids don't count. You don't see as much of that with magic, it's almost all kids who don't have their shit together, and tends to attract way more sperglords than 40k. That being said magic is leaps and bounds better in the rules department, I've almost never seen arguments over what you can and cannot do.

t. Someone who has played warhammer and magic for over 15 years

It's a Nip childrens cartoon game, of course the community is awful.

Personally, I blame the emergence of the Modern format.

>MTG players
they're lazy.

MTG, hands down. People will give newcomers cards they don't need/don't use to get them started. No 40k player would ever give up an army to a newcomer.

Players who play at flgses instead of at home with friends tend to be people without too many friends, but I can tell you having played both, only about a third of 40k players are unbearable autists, while the entire population of an FNM is a eugenics advertisement.

That has nothing to do with player quality, it's entirely the nature of the game.
Some cards are literally worthless garbage, where as no miniatures lack value.

So what if some cards have no value, you can still use them to make beginner decks so you can at least play the game.

>cards worth 10 cents - 1 dollar
>models you bought in a set, built, and painted
Yea those 40k assholes

Oh right, because fucking Chimney Imp is going to help you really enjoy a game where Chalice, Thought Knot Seer, and Force of Will exist.

As someone who plays 40K at a store where is that and Magic are the main things I can honestly say both groups have their weird but for the most part they're full of normal people. If you want a group that's basically all losers and weirdos look to the ones who play Super obscure RPGs only.

In casual play, sure. All of the cards you named have top billing in the meta of the format they're featured in.

This.

40k players are only really annoying when they won't shut up about how totally badass and unstoppable 40k characters are compared to any other fictional universe. Plus all their memes and shit can get pretty cringey. That said the group at my LGS have been nothing but bro tier as I've slowly gotten into the game.

Meanwhile the guys in the Magic scene managed to kill off interest in Magic by being total fucking degenerates to new players and themselves.

>a game where Chalice, Thought Knot Seer, and Force of Will exist
You mean, "a FORMAT where Chalice, Thought Knot Seer, and Force of Will exist." You're bitching about the nature of the game but what you're really complaining about is the nature of Legacy.

Completely erelavent, which also is a moot point becuase I can let a new player use my army to play a game

40k players can at least self regulate this because we actually get to see what your going to bring against us. If you show up with a cheese army we just say no, we will get the next game. Then said dick either leaves the community or tunes down his army.

Or we make the anti fun list that has a lib conclave, smashfucker and crew, and is pretty much unkillable, or get 1850 points of cultists and then have the game take like 6 hours

>Why would the 16 year old who just got their drivers license want a 2001 Honda Civic when a Bugatti Veyron exists

Holy fuck this, Trumps all.

A vast majority are teenagers who never watch the show and spend time trying to get as close to tournament tier as possible. So the level of conceited dicks in YuGiOh is just insane plus all online communities are maddeningly bad as well. Then there are huge price hikes as the demand for whatever is meta that week can go up a lot.

MtG is very open and supportive, though there are the odd ducks of guys who are painfully OTAKU's (I didn't think it was possible personally).

I have no experience in the 40K Community as a whole. A lot of guys are very 'cultish' in the way they try to bring people over. But generally, there's a bunch of snobs or mad geeks.
Just like everything really. But then again liking something doesn't make you a part of that group or niche, along with the subgroups that spring out of the mess.

People need to learn to take a step back, these are hobbies, if you don't enjoy your hobby, you've lost way ahead of everything else.

>GW players or MTG players?
GW players? What are GW players? I thought GameWorkshop wasn't in the gaming business?

Seriously though, it makes more sense to compare the companies, since the way the companies act dictates what kind of player base they attract.

>asks about GW games or MTG
>posts a picture about catan

The fat dude has a viral vid flippin a table in a MtG tourney

What killed Magic was EDH became the most popular format and then people just kept doubling down on their decks until everyone was running either Combo, Sen Triplets or Stax.

>If you show up with a cheese army we just say no,
TOP FUCKING KEK

Pretty much this, although 40k players are normally more bro-tier as neckbeards.
But then you get these too

...What if I just hold the table down? How is anyone gonna flip it?

>40k players are normally more bro-tier as neckbeards.

I'd say the Pathwhiners are by far the worst, because while the players may be bad, nothing is worse than idiots who feel the need to constantly complain about what other people play.

They are both disgusting. However, magic players tend to stick to their own places wile 40k players inefest every single LGS that exists (except the ones that specifically state that 40k is not allowed).

So I'd say GW playerbase is worse because they are harder to avoid.

>Why would a 16 year old who just got their drivers license not want a 2001 Honda Civic to race against someone with a Bugatti Veyron?

Yeah they are some odd tier of fantasy geek with very few social skills and a believe that Pathfinder is 'the one true version of trpg'

Well, you put your weight down on one edge and he lifts his end. Coz physics.

Just lift your end up, that way it can't flip. Then beat him down with the table for being a cunt.

Yu-Gi-Oh, the community's toxic as fuck.

I really don't think that force of will belongs with those other 2 cards. If you're playing with a more casual group, Force might actually be really bad.

I'm going to go with MTG. Mostly with regard to the casual groups that I've played with when I was starting out, and are the bulk of the community according to Wizards.

>Why is a 16 year old who just got their driver's license trying to race someone in a Bugatti Veyron with a Honda Civic?
>Why is the other guy a big enough asshole to bring his Bugatti Veyron to race against the fresh meat's Honda Civic when money isn't on the line?

I know those assholes. I told some of my friends I wanted to get into Magic and they helped me put together a basic starter deck. They then proceeded to spend an hour shitting on me with tournament grade decks and laughing at me about it. I never played Magic again.

Because you mouth breathing dip shit, a gesture of charity is not a sign of generous community when the gift has literally no value to the giver

>Bill Gates offers to pay for my surgery
>It doesn't mean he's generous, because the cost and my life are utterly insignificant to him.

youtu.be/mYuF3T7s7XY

I saw a weird reversal of this. At my LGS some new player brought his deck and played against some guy with a $15,000 tournament deck. After the game the guy let the new player try out his tournament deck.

GW, although my opinion is in part influenced by the cost of damages they cause (unless of course you field a black lotus).

So people who hang out at Veeky Forums

Your friends are assholes and you should get better friends then.

>mtg player that call for judge
every.
time.

From personal experience, people who play this are the worst fucking overdeveloped fetuses in this reality!

Infinity players by far.

Yes.

I have never found a decent human being at a magic event. I know 5 at my local gw store. Whenever I played magic people were assholes, and they treat new people like shit. I got welcomed warmly into the community at my gw store, and everyone there is really nice, even the turbo neckbeard who's been playing since first edition and is pretry much unstoppable if he wants to be is a total bro.

-A guy who got out of magic, and has just recently started 40k.

He deserves better than a gif

So this is a common action this man takes? How is he not on some kind of list?

You can clearly see the other guy trying not to smile

it's just a joke, like when he took an Axe to an Xbox 360

MTG is worst. They're the only group that refuses to get along with the other players. yes, we understand you hate the force of will players, but when the 40k, Malifaux and Weiss schwarz players all go out for beer weekly and discuss list building, there's a problem with you.

whichever autist wants to whine about the game their playing as opposed to playing it

>implying Warhammer fans can discuss other wargames

Guitar Hero plastic guitar, he can't lift an axe.

Because someone made few funny about "GW miniatures"-meme?

As far as my FLGS goes? MtG, easily.
The 40k'ers can get a bit loud, or spread their stuff everywhere, interfering with RPG and TCG groups slightly...
But the MtG players are leaps worse. They usually reek of stale B.O. and rotten egg McMuffins; they give zero fucks about anyone else's space, and will leave their shit everywhere (especially booster packaging); they openly deride anyone NOT into magic; and most damning of all, someone's cards ALWAYS gets stolen at any tourney. That shit doesn't fucking happen in LITERALLY any other game's tourney at that store. Not even the Yugiman ones.

One fun thing is to watch the MtGfags cringe every time I bridge shuffle my unsleeved Bicycle Poker deck within earshot. I can usually get at least two, three head-turns.

No, because they feel superior to everyone and never stop pushing their shit down your throat.

I'm not a huge fan of either game, but I would say Magic has the worse crowd. Sure 40K has some overweight 14 year olds who don't paint their miniatures, but a lot of the people who play it are polite and mature about things.

I play Malifaux during the weekly MTG nights however, and I have to constantly listen to the MTG players saying shit like
>Why isn't Ginsberg dead already
>The Dakota Access pipeline protesters are only doing this because they hate white people
While topics like that never comes up in conversation with the crowds of other games. It's the fanbase that partly made me quit MTG in the first place.

I'd have to say 40k edged them out.

When a rules debate comes up they like to ignore nay evidence and say "you're rules lawyering too hard!" despite only basic reading comprehension being required. They also like to make up rules to "fill in the gaps" where they don't exist. Assume rules by name alone. It goes on and on.

just went to my first ever pre-release, played against three hardcore players: two pointed out stuff I was doing wrong in a polite and calm manner, one even pointing out things I could do to benefit myself. The third was extreme autist who seemed personally insulted whenever I did something that wasn't pro tournament worthy.

Played warhams casually for years, would get condescended against by all no matter what skill level, then if I beat them whined and said I must be hustling/cheating/gaming/etc

GW definitely beats the spread in utter bastards but they've both got a fair few cunts

>card games are equivalent to million dollar cars
This attitude is why magic has been going to shit, you know.

>then if I beat them whined and said I must be hustling/cheating/gaming/etc
>gaming
?

as in playing a gamey list, even though I've been playing the same basic guard list for years

Post the one where he eats mayo naked

>mfw still driving a 2000 Honda Civic
Hey, fuck all of you. That glorious little bastard gets me 42miles/gallon on Highway, 32-36 city. It basically needs little to no maintenance (I still take it in for inspection just in case) and everything on it works- unlike my other newer cars. Plus, do you have any idea how hard it is to get a car without a computer inside? That keeps repair costs low, and it can't be hacked for location data or hijacked randomly by some chucklefuck with a cell phone (not that anyone is interested enough to kill me, but its still reassuring). Oh, and because the evaluation of an old civic is so low, I pay next to nothing on property tax.

Best goddamned car I've ever owned. Sharp brakes and tight handling have saved me three times now. Sure, it may be shit for drag racing, but only dipshits (aka donors) who've never worked on a surgical floor do shit like that.

>MTG players: fairly degenerate, lots of actual children, and wasted money on cardboard

>GW players: semi-degenerate, few actual children, and wasted money on plastic/learning how to paint

also I've seen way less of an uproar from rules mistakes from GW players than MTG players

>people who get triggered over riffle shuffling
The most unbearable faggots in the world, I swear.
Funnier still, I've been to dozens of stores around Texas, and from what I've seen, there's a surprisingly high correlation between people who throw a fit about riffle shuffling and people who only pile shuffle. Buncha cheaters.

I work in a FLGS as well, and I'd say the 40k players here are loud and somewhat cringey, but not terrible. The MtG players are basically the same. We don't really have very many problems with players.

>Palming off shitty outdated / useless cards onto new players who don't know any better
>Clearly this proves the generosity of MTG!

The buy-in for MTG is around $40 for a budget deck that does well. The buy in for a single GW figurine is $40.

Pinochle players, they're old, crusty, and they smell like moth-balls.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

A full deck of throwaway cards is worth at most 20-30$ One 40k infantry unit can be more than double that, forget an entire army. I wish it wasn't that way, but GW are giant fucking shitters, that's not even counting the cost of paint.

Believe me, I'd love to share 40k shit with people, but I can hardly afford the cool shit for myself.

On Veeky Forums I feels it's basically
MtG players hate each other
40k players hate everyone else
Though I feel like beyond the general rudeness in the threads mtg players are mostly pretty chill and don't force unfunny memes as hard 40kids do.
irl I only play(ed) with certain groups which were all cool guys, no matter the game.

MTG is real deceptive, though. You easily spend more on MTG and other card games than on GW products.

>The buy in for a single GW figurine is $40.
the going rate is ussually 4/mini
though there are annoying fucking shit

If you buy or collect models, you will realise GW aren't dicks. You just haven't thought about logistics.

Yeah, it's part of the reason I wish cheap formats would get more paupular.

>switch from metal to resin to 'reduce costs'
>prices keep going up

Come one man, they make quality stuff, and you've probably had to justify this to yourself, (I have too), but five plastic space marines just aren't worth 75+$

Not everyone. Only 40cucks.

>People not often giving away their possibly hard-earned / painstakingly converted or painted models is somehow a strike against 40kfags because MTG autists toss out their crap old cards to new-players as soon as wizards decides to sell them new shit on the regular

Holy shit this is beyond poorfag logic

This is like fucking...homelessfag-tier.

Do you faggots proxy dead cockroaches as Carnifexes too? sounds like you have bigger problems than any card or tabletop game.

Please use logic and think things through. Every stage of the development and production has very large costs. Then GW have to budget for development of their products as well.

A simplified list.

1) Production
2) Taking the casts and sorting them as well as boxing them.
3) Storage
4) Delivering

this, I honestly don't understand the obscene hate MtG players get here, Sure there's always at least one sperg at the LGS but 99% of players I've seen are just normal people

Exactly. They hear the *slapslapslap* of those cards, they look at you like you kicked their mother in the teeth or something. Meanwhile, they bitch about how their deck didn't go off even though they weaved and other bullshit.

>five space marines aren't worth $75+
no, but infinite space marines are worth approximately one secondhand mini and shit tons of styrofoam, acetone, and moldmaking agent.

Materials aren't free. Also that shit stinks (literally).

But i do that during 40k games all the time.