Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

"Buffing Armies" edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=qGwYxqKGcvY

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Don't you dare dog ear the pages.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/NkoTp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Nids!

So plastic sisters aren't coming, then?

>"Buffing Armies" edition

Just make sure they're the right armies getting buffed.

>trusting plastic sisters rumours
>ever

But user GW was really suprised by SoB and are pushing plastic ones ahead in the line by a year.

I'll soil all my pants with cum when (if) it happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

I never trusted them. I asked if only to point out that "sisters in February" was a lie.

The eternal search for feedback continues. Might add a little "design goals" blurb at the top with the contents explaining my desire to change as little as necessary.

>(((Fellow))) Eldar falling for the message of the mongrel God in order to be a slave forever
Literally
l
o
l

Is 3 penitent engines enough? That's 90 euros in models already

M-maybe we should buff nids

Here user, I made this for you.

imgur.com/a/NkoTp

Mind repeating that?

N-no sir

The 30K Sons rules are neat, but aren't really applicable to 40K Sons.

D-Magnus shows that FW playtests as much as GW. That motherfucker can drop in an vaporize every vehicle in the same postal code.

I expect psychics to get toned down with next edition. But barring that, they will probably nerf him like they did Lorgar Transcendent.

>I expect psychics to get toned down with next edition
I hope not. The only things that need toned down are a couple Blessings and most Conjurations. Witchfires, Maledictions, and most Blessings are perfectly fine

By the angel I demand a buff.

The Exorcist is the model of "random" that Orks and Chaos Space Marines need to be held to. 1/6 of the time it underperforms, 1/6 of the time it's adequate, and 2/3 of the time is good to amazing.

I just hope we go back to the old Psychic system. It's not fun spending half my warp charges on one tank buster shot.

Shut up marines are good enough

Sorry, only space wolves and eldar get buffs anymore.

I think we need more t3 races just to make it clear that t4 isn't actually the standard people should be held up to.

That can be done.
Just hand in your Snowflake Card and get into the big Space Marine Codex.

>Remember when Black Templar players wanted a buff?

As a SoBber I feel pretty cheap if I take three, but then I remember who I am playing.

I feel like a fun way to do an ork copy paste of that would be adding gets hot to it, and maybe cutting the price a bit.

DO I LOOK LIKE A CODEX FAG TO YOU?

>IG
>eldar x 3
>tyranids
>genecult
>sisters
>tau
>skitarii
I mean, once you take marines out of the equation, the only race with base T4 is.. orks, I think?

Kinda hard to realize when tau don't use their infantry and eldar refuse to use troops that aren't on bikes, but still.

Considering that the Us brother of Blood follow the codex. Yes

The 6E system was pretty good, although its Deny the Witch system was retarded. I'd just cut it entirely and give every faction access to anti-psyker abilities/wargear.

I like the psychic phase, but it's not a very good mechanic when so many armies (Necrons, Tau, Sisters, Dark Eldar, AdMech, KDK, MT, BT) don't have psykers at all. It also makes things awkward between single-psyker armies and psyker-spam armies.

Okay, we need less Marine players.
...Fuck, never mind.

you look like spess vampire to me.
how the fuck is dante still alive anyway

Blood angels are known for their extremely long lives even for space marines.

What was the first clear part GW produced for their miniatures? The Eldar tanks?

They are waiting for the second seige of terra to kill him off

flying bases

Tau and Eldar don't really count then.

Elites for those armies are still T3 same goes for their fast and their Heavy.

Assuming it is not a vehicle since it does not have T in the first place

i mean from combat.
the fella isn't particularly gifted that is well known he just kinda ended up becoming chapter master and staying there because he just doesn't quit

Yeah, psyker defenses should probably be more common that just the occasional Adamantium Will or Psychic Hood.

>le SoB are weak meme
Good one.

An "Exorcist Missile Launcher"-esque gun would be a great weapon option for Ork tanks. Rather than let them loot vehicles, they just need to make Ork vehicles customizable enough that you can make an Ork-ified facsimile of nearly any vehicle. You want to make an Ork Devilfish? Throw 'eavy armor and lifta-plates on a Trukk. You want to make an Ork Exorcist? Throw a Rokkit Battury on a Battle Wagon.

I've gotten the advice to get Rhinos for the Tactical squads, so I'm looking to cut points. What's the "optimal" loadout on the Vanguards vets? Would it be a dumb idea to cut the flamers on the Skyhammer assault squads?
Alternatively, instead of cutting stuff, I suppose I could bring it up to 1850 points. What would you add to the list in that case?

I always thought that it would be fun for orks to be able to just loot anything and use them as-is and maybe put orky guns in them.
Or just give them a looted Leman Russ because that's the most common thing they'd find.
I don't know anything about rules design though and I don't know why Orks are so shit.

Just use the old 2nd edition rules for making Kustom Vehiclez and Robots. Every faction had them, and Orks were the funniest. Orks had a mandatory minimum percentage of their points that had to go to weapons, so ork vehicles and robutz were loaded for bear with shitloads of guns.

Kevin Rountree is more likely to post time-stamped dick pics on Veeky Forums than GW is to include rules for something that inherently requires kit-bashing.

Can anyone think of a good reason the Imperial Guard would battle against Space Marines? It feels weird fighting them as an IG player in Dawn of War

But user they are shit. The army just lucky out that MSU works and their 3 weapons are still useful.

Try playing SoB outside of MSU and enjoy the failiure

One side is an illusion conjured by tzeentch

Or you could find points for a Knight Crusader and not need any transports because he'll just stomp and stomp and stomp until your opponent's army is a smoking mess.
Which is weird because that would sell a lot of expensive kits.
Also they already have some rules for stuff that doesn't have official models. Like Guardsmen with bolters.

Didn't third edition Orks pretty much allowed to take any vehicle and downgraded to BS2 ?

It would be a rules nightmare and require tons of books. Far easier to just give Orks a couple basic chasses (buggy, trukk, wagon), armor and mobility upgrades, and a plethora of weapon options that play with transport capacity.

>but user, if you ignore all the good stuff they're shit
No, user, you're shit.

Did you just started playing in 7th?

Looted crap for Orkz was basically replace drive with an Ork and you are good to go

I'm frankly not even sure, which is weird because the third edition ork codex is the only one I read.
That's why I also suggested a Looted Leman Russ, with like, I dunno, Twin-linked heavy shootas on the sponsons and a zapp gun or a flamer or a shoota on the front mount while the turret has a battle cannon equivalent.
They could just re-release a Leman Russ with an orky sprue!

I mean you wouldn't want people buying lots of vehicle kits to kitbash them, that would be bad for kit sales.

Just saying it's hard to guilt myself into taking less exorcists when I can't take drop pods, psykers, flyers, lords of war, plasma, or competent melee units without dipping into allies.

They're pretty steadily been removing all options that don't have an in-production model. Look at all the CSM and SM characters locked out of Terminator Armor, look at the Aspiring Sorcerer and his Force Staff.

I agree, it would move kits, but GW is terrified of the ghost of Chapterhouse.

Well i mean surving for hundreds of years while not falling to the genetic rage is quite a feat. I know little of his combat exploits but i expect he has many

So now that inferno is out, that means there's nothing in the way of Fires of Cyraxus...

MY ADMECH HAVE A MIGHTY NEED FOR ANCIENT BEEP-BOOPS AND THE TRUE MIGHT OF MECHANICUM SCIENCE! CYRAXUS WHEN?!

>lords of war
On behalf of all CSM players, please allow me to offer you the Lord of Skulls. In fact, let me throw in the Trinity of Blood formation as well.

>Chaosfag get new models and rules
>They are still bitching

Why have only the good guys been getting models in the Gathering Storm though?

Really, being able to just field any vehicle and have it be BS 2, (and WS 4 I 2 where it matters), would be enough of a balancing factor. That, combined with using the Ork vehicle upgrades instead of the existing ones.

You say that like Orks taking unit entries out of other codexes has been a thing in the last several editions.

You'd have to make a huge listing of every vehicle-mounted gun in the game and it's orky equivalent for replacement. Plus all the oddball cases like drones and daemon engines. It's far easier to just include an option to let Battle Waggons take a big cannon in a turret and some sponson weapons.

Orks go up 3 points across the board Nobs 10 Hq's 20, and become T5/6 respectfully. Are they best army now?

One faction has reason to believe, rightly or wrongly, that the other is tainted or has undertaken heretical actions. Alternatively, both sides have conflicting objectives. The IG are ordered to take and hold an area so the Inquisition can secure various objects/captives for study, but the Marines' have been ordered to purge everything.

Sisters got a new model and rules, shitpost at them.

So T 5 infantry for 10 points each? Makes them a hell of a lot tougher, but I'm not sure it fixes things.

If anything, it will make Ork bike lists terrifying.

I forgot about this picture OMG

I mean, even a bad one could eventually become good from updates, or be used anyway for fun or fluff or sit on your shelf.

Which reminds me I forgot to mention formations. I like the vestal one, it's cool, but I get jelly when my friends bring three or four cool formations and all I have is one. And then I look at the list and remember there are three apocalypse formations and I can't take them. It makes me sad.

Not a fan of Knights

I was talking about a specific unit in the ork codex called "Looted Leman Russ" that would have it's own, ork-specific codex entry, instead of a catch-all. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do looted vehicles other than Imperial Guard ones anyway.
I guess your option could work too, and I think that's what GW is gonna do. Or something similar, but not really.
That doesn't seem like the right course of action.

Now for others besides ants

You blast that falcon, random necron.

You got the Oscorp "not-bolt pistol"?

Vyridian? Yah she got new rules
Do you think IA are new rules for SoB?
Or that Celestine is a SoB?

Oh you poor bitter chaos fag.

Where are Vyridian's rules?

>Vestal
>Cool

The fuck is wrong with you?

Inferno still won't be out for four-eight weeks, and they said the next few months will be TSons/Custodes/Yiff stuff, as well as Blood Bowl.

Im getting tired of this
>celestine is not SoB because she doesnt have a special rule
meme

Unless you buy the model you are out of luck.

So technically speaking SoB still haven't got anything new.

The flying cow prevents SoB units to make AoF. So no Celestine is just Sister thanks to its faction not because of her rules

Huh, didn't realise it wasn't out considering a picture of almost every page has been posted on /hhg/ since the weekender.

Oh, I see. Neat, I guess. I kinda want the model but she doesn't really look like she'd fit well with the 30-ish(?) year old sister sculpts.

For 20 more points she gets precision shots aura, and loses the ability to take any wargear. I think besides that and the power sword she is stock? I have not used a canoness for a long time. They are not very good.

I wish you would stop.

>And then I look at the list and remember there are three apocalypse formations and I can't take them
You guys really need to STFU about the Apocalypse formations. You were never going to be able to use them in regular 40k, nor should you. The formations aren't even good. It's like when Orkfags whine about trukks. It's a total non-issue that makes you look like a tard who just wants to bitch.

Sisters don't have enough different units to necessitate a bunch of formations. They need their demi-company equivalent, maybe a "penitents formation" with the Repentia and Penitent Engines, and that's about it. Just make the rest non-formation Aux choices in the detachment. Formations that are just "take three of unit and it gets better" are stupid and cancer that is ruining formations.

Anyone else dislike the way Duncan does gold armour?

The Retributor armour + reikland looks great, then he applies that terrible Liberator gold and ruins the look.

I'm going to be getting a new codex alongside new plastic models by year's end. You're going to be shitposting about how Celestine totally isn't an SoB for the forseeable future. Don't project your own bitterness onto me. I was just making a joke about the Lord of Skulls and its formation being complete, unplayable shit.

Yeah, pretty much stock. Don't know about canonesses myself, other than that they seem to be the only non-special character HQ choice the sisters have.

I-is it not cool? I like how it basically gives you an army-wide act of faith.

I know. It just really irks me that I have 3 apoc formations to my one normal one.

Dude go buy the grishnakh models war maidens if you wanted good lookin sistas pal. I am going to pick mine up today. Takes only 2 weeks to get to you and they only cost $38 per 5 (price + shipping).

But it is true, if you attach the bitch to a SoB squad of any kind that SoB squad can't do AoF.

That is why the stupid meme. Saint Celestine the Adepta Sorita special character prevents sisters to function properly.

Is not like anyone would actually know or care. Unless inside a tournaments but let's be honest has anyone reach the top 50 in those huge tournaments with pure or at least mayority of SoB models?

In practice it does not matter but it is still an issue and the meme will stay till it is fix

Oh those, last I heard they have an 8-month waiting list.

There are priests actually. But they are 1 wound and meant for melee.

It is not actually that bad, but since work best while capturing objectives not having Objective Secure hurts.

Unless I know we are playing kill points then sure that formation is good

Nah, I bought some on January 24th and they got here February 9th.

>The flying cow prevents SoB units to make AoF
RAW, yes. The reason they didn't include the Act of Faith and Shield of Faith rules was to avoid putting 2 more paragraphs into Celestine's rules. It wouldn't have made sense to include extra rules other Imperial armies will use with Celestine.
But by all means, please interrupt any SoB player you encounter in future if they dare attempt to get shred for their S3 flamers while Celestine's around.

This is totally unrelated to the concept of vehicle design rules.

The issue with chapterhouse is that GW can't claim copyright infringement for a company producing and selling a model of an official unit if GW themselves don't actually make a model for it.

GW does not have and has no ever had any kind of problem with individuals converting, kitbashing or scratchbuilding models using plasticard and/or GW parts, which is explicitly what the vehicle design rules were for.

At what point did "meme" become synonymous with "flavor of the month shitpost?"

You literally admitted that Celestine is a Sisters model due to her faction. You contradicted your own "technically nothing new" bullshit.

Provide some examples from recent GW publications where rules were given for something that necessitated kit-bashing.