/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Primarch mixupuxim chramirP edition.
Only (You) can Make /hhg/ Great Again subedition.

Morty and Typhon sang a song, FW released a new corn daemon, Nerds trying to be better than other Nerds and if you save your wounds, they win >INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Finished some tacticals today.

Those look nice user

Looking good!

Almost finished my Siege Breaker for dat sweet sweet phosphex Ironfire. Temporary base, needs weathering, and to figure out to glue that goddamn metal backpack with attachment.

I forgot how metal was so annoying to work with.

Which RoW would be least douchebaggy in a 1000 pts tournament; Armoured Breaktrough or Primarchs Chosen?

>HH
>Tournament

Primarch's Chosen.

I do like Armored Breakthrough, but at low points a lot of armies just won't be able to handle it.

My undead Iron Hand for my Legion Diorama. It's based off the resurrected Iron Hands in the short stories Keys of Hel, and Riven.

I wanted to give him a necromantic feel without any actual flesh showing.

Armoured breakthrough, I guess. If opponents can get into close combat with your predators (assuming smaller tables for 1000 point games) they can at least give them a darn good S4 fisting in their rear armour. A primarch may be basically uncounterable for a TAC list at that points level.

I would absolutely check how "friendly" the tournament is though, both are pretty beardy so you may seem a dick if nobody else is going all-out with their lists.

One guy's bringing Custodes.

His hq will have a shield. Either fist or paragon spear. Most likely 3++.

The weakness of that character is still drowning them in 2+ saves that can't be rerolled. So just bring lots of high strength, high volume weapons

Nice, that's one of the better ones. What did you use to get the purple all around the model?

>When the Hazard stripes are of uneven thickness

You pick which save you make user, he'll always get the 3++.

He can pick which save to use, though, so if he has any sense he'll be using invulnerable saves at all times. Still just need to drown him in wounds from Volkite or bolter spam, really, since we have no Callidus to slash him with a phase sword. Guess you could try to step on him with a Knight, too, and the D sword will deny him his reroll and kill him in 21 swings because stupid -1 to Hit :(

Honestly I think most of Inferno's problems save Magnus D nova are caused by the writers realizing they can directly modify To Hit like that rather than inflicting WS/BS penalties, and being too liberal with them, rather than the NL rule that is less severe.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

That's a decimaaaaaation!

Purple wash and blue glaze mixed together then heavily thinned.

The glow effect is genestealer purple, the wash mix, then emperors children pink.

Also, the custodes HQ can't have eternal warrior at 1000 points, if that helps at all.

Yes well, it's not like I have masking tape small enough to begin with. Mine is 3mm, which is wayyy too big for a marine sized model. I have to cut it to make it roughly the proper size, and then making it stick on the damn legs with all the bolts, ridges and crevices was a pain in the ass.

S10 spam then, or a bunch of Rad.

Archmagos and some of those rad-bots.

Paint over the black with yellow and switch to IF.

Scyllax? Can't do shit, really. I'd probably go with Arch Reductor and some Wrecker Castys, since even at -1 to hit they hit on 5+, and the AR can take a S10 Chain/Power Fist and lay the smackdown, while all being immune to the ID from the Solarite.

Rad isn't really helping, since even at T3 from Furnace + Nades he's still hiding behind his 1/9 save.
Rad-cleansers will work well if you can hit his unit, 3 RC secutors will force an average of 30 saves on a 6 man unit if they can get them all, which will either take three wounds off him or kill 2.5 Custodes, which is almost worth the Secutors there. Probably prefer the S10 melee, honestly.

Magnus being broken piece of shit aside, why the FUCK does he have super special Primarch's Chosen that is blatantly better thatn what other Primarchs have to deal with for no reason?

Get a stormlord, get 5 techmarines with rad grenades, put them in storm lord, drive up to him, disembark, assault.

>Making excuses

Because Wizards are the best you stupid plebe.

>progressively getting more deformed
I warned you about black holes, bro.

SWORN TO AVENGE
CONDEMNED TO HELL
TEMPT NOT THE BLADE
ALL FEAR THE SENTINEL

>i'm melting! oh, what a world! what a world!

>Not posting any of your own work

>Bolter, semi-drilled
>Back pack, unsmoothed
>Pauldron, black inner rim

>playing a melee class in d&d

patrician music taste user

>not playing ad&d, where balance is solved in the best way possible: by giving martial classes a free army at level 9
Also, wrong thread.

It's a meme image ya dip.

Any cool Custodes conversions? I think the GW ones look like absolute ass and I think they really fucked FW over by saddling them with a dumb official aesthetic that they have to copy.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if it turns out FW designed the custodes for GW to make in plastic.

Pretty sure FW designed BoP including the Custodes bud

Considering FW made the BoP box, I find it likely.

How competetive/efficient are Volkite Calivers?
I really like the aesthetic, but would it be worth fielding them as a non-compulsory troop?

Grim-bright Curze is best Curze, just like grimdark Batman is best Batman.

Come on now, let the babby has his "muh superior FW designs!" rant.

On my BAC Praetor this mildly happened to me on his chainfist, but I sneakily covered it up with a good amount of BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

>painting yellow over black
Nyet.

>switch to IF.
Best thing that could happen to IWs really.

How do we make SoS prosecutors interesting?

Is there a consistent fluff or examples for how defectors from the traitor legions joined up with the Imperium?

Were they made "Blackshields" in the Deathwatch sense and integrated into the loyal legions that would take them, or did they form their own ad-hoc organisations that would take orders from Terra and the Primarchs but which didn't get the official sanction of any of the "pure" legions?
I haven't read all the novels if that isn't obvious.

Melt down the plastic and make more Space Marines.

Seeker special ammo.

>bullying the sisters

>Were they made "Blackshields" in the Deathwatch sense and integrated into the loyal legions that would take them, or did they form their own ad-hoc organisations that would take orders from Terra and the Primarchs but which didn't get the official sanction of any of the "pure" legions?
Yes.

And more.

How should Thousand Sons be based?
White stone like this seems neat but it looks a bit boring

Sand.

I used AoS Shattered Dominion ones for my SW to be like the ruins of Prospero.

Blackshields as portrayed in book 6 are warbands that may have fought on the loyalist side, but remained independent of the Imperium. "Integrated" and "Blackshields" are mutually exclusive.

There isn't much in the novels, either. I was hoping for more traitor loyalists and loyalist traitors than there actually are. I thought there might be with the Thousand Sons, since 20-30 thousand were sent away from Prospero before the Burning... but it sounds like a lot of them got purged by loyalist legions. Lame.

In other news, I finally read The Seventh Serpent and it was great - there really were Alpha Legionnaires disguised as Iron Hands disguised as Alpha Legionnaires. (Not as many as one review led me to believe, but still.)

SW corpses.

And vice versa.

>SW corpses.

So do a cast of the one on Ahriman's base and put them on everyone's base?

Snow. White compliments red nicely.

Just take whatever bitz you have leftover, cut them up and stick them on your bases, painted SW and blood.

One user in /wip/ posted some with a pale Sahara-style sand that looked pretty rad

Source on FW designing BoP? That's incredibly disappointing if true.

B@C and BoP were made by the same team thats doing Blood Bowl and all the boxed games.

Lame, thanks for the source.

Back to the first question, any cool Custodes conversions?

Goblin Green.

Fuck me, I'm stuck between RG and BA for an assault based DS-ing legion

What one's more fun_____

You want fancy angels or sneaky crows?

Personnally I prefer the RG sneeky beaky playstyle and their models design as well.

If Mexico-bro is here, he could post some dope models as well.

I like the ornate armour models of BA more than RG

But I also like Freedom Fighter-y fluff of RG more also I love the idea of Dropping in a Leviathan dread and it trying to sneaky beakie

>freedom fighters
>serving a tyrant
Don't think so.

Because some legion-specific rites are improved vanilla versions.

Don't you fucking start now Chaos boyo.

sorry Angron this is a 2+ only zone

>not basecoating with abaddon black first

What the fuck does the Misericordia do for a Custodian unit?

Power knife.

Give an extra attack as its an additional CCW.

TSons list I am working on. Going to use my metal Rubrics and it should play like it Rubric spam as well.

Unsure whether to keep Vigilator for IC insurance or drop him to kit out the command squad with better melee weapons.

2k: Thousand Sons, Pride of the Legion

245:: Praetor ML3, Jump Pack, Volkite, Digital Lasers, Iron halo, Force Axe (Pavoni)
255:: 5 Man Command Squad, Combat shields, Jump packs, Volkite (Raptora)

105:: Vigilator with Scout Armor, Psyker (Corvidae)
235:: 10 man Ammitara Cabal (Corvidae)

230:: 10 Man Sniper Vets with Psyker, Shred ammo, AA, PF (Pavoni)

220:: Xiphon w/ Ground Tracking, Armored Cockpit

In case you are wondering:
My main anti-AV14 is hoping the opponent doesn't bring any along with hoping someone rolls Iron Arm and survives long enough to charge.
Sniper doesn't work with Smite. It only affects weapons and witchfires are not weapons.

Alright, but where is the rules for it in the Custodes wargear section? I can't fint it.

Drop the combat shields and vigilator and squeeze in some transports for those vets and one or two power weapons for the command squad.

Look through the rules, models and what you can do with them.

Nothing at all.

I'm done collecting models for my Night Lords, but I've got a whole second Calth box and the better part of two Prospero boxes left over.
What should I do with all my spare mkIV and mkIII armour?

Start a second legion? One of the tough, shooty legions (iron hands, iron warriors, death guard) might make a nice contrast in playstyle to the night lords, and use up that Mk III.

Or just send the spare boxes to me. I'll give you thrupence ha'panny for them.

The main reason for the combat shields was 5++ with Raptora for the command squad.
Also I miss counted and accidentally gave the Standard Bearer a volkite he can't take.

Boxes for everyone are 140, while Vigil and shields are 130.

I Could drop the vigil and get 2 Boxes and 3 Power Weapons plus the 1 more PW form the extra Volkite. 2 sword 2 axe? 4 Lance? :^)

Also does anyone have any idea for the Ammitara. I am thinking SM Sniper scouts but the scout heads don't look right... If anyone has any suggestions for that, they would be appreciated also.

FW goofed, it has rules in one of the other books.

Make more Night Lords? At long as you got room to sleep and paint in the house, the rest if just empty space waiting to be filled with your hobbies.

Do some blackshields. Make them very different from each other, both in livery and mark, have fun, do what you want. That's how you enjoy the hobby

Can't find the image right now, but I've seen some nice conversion of 40k scouts using dark eldar scourge heads. Might fit the sort of bird theme thousand sons are going to have.

Try painting a single miniature for each legion (like maybe a 30th anniversary RG marine). Shading and highlighting red can be tricky, but black even more so. I'd get pretty frustrated painting RG. Also, BA are likely to get gold-painted units if variety matters to you.

On the other hand, RG have an armor mark almost all to themselves and cool unique units. Blood Angels won't have theirs for up to a year. I'd also say that the main BA RoW doesn't work well if multi-bombing isn't allowed. The crunch-focused BA players minimize assault squads for that reason and load up on assault cannons (with lots of jetbikes and attack bikes to help with the mandatory infantry/vehicle ratio - outriders are another unit that depend on multi-bombing).

>google "marine scout scourge"
>first result

I used those helmets on some Deathcult Assassins converted from DE.

I understand the frustration, brother. The very idea of not basecoating is horrid.

Ah, my mistake was including the word "conversion". You win this round, google.

The big difference is that Abaddon black has a glossier sheen - but you can easily justify the RG using a flatter (more matte) black. Only works if your sprayed-on base coat is really good.

But I'd strongly recommend basecoating with black that's been given a little bit of blue.

Ive always thought that they would look cool on simarines legs(cooler than terminators by a mile). But ive no interest in starting a custards army.

That pic needs angry, glowing eyes.

I screwed up my math some how. Issues sorted.

New question is what flavor of Power Weapons should the command squad have?

1995/2k: Thousand Sons, Pride of the Legion

265:: Praetor, ML3, Jump Pack, Volkite, Digital Lasers, Iron halo, Force Axe (Pavoni)
285:: 5 Man Command Squad, Combat shields, Jump packs, Power Weapons(4), Volkites(4) (Raptora)

235:: 10 man Ammitara Cabal (Corvidae)

70:: 2 METAL BOXES

220:: Xiphon w/ Ground Tracking, Armored Cockpit

Those look decent but don't feel right either.

Now is a good time for us all to finally agree that the Emperor's Children are indeed the most handsome of all the Emperor's creations.

What was the campaigning name during Crusade where First Legion was massacred?

The Third Rangdan Xenocide.

>New question is what flavor of Power Weapons should the command squad have?
The AP2 kind

>265:: Praetor, ML3, Jump Pack, Volkite, Digital Lasers, Iron halo, Force Axe (Pavoni)
Roll on biomancy, but make him Raptora for that sweet 3++

Needs considerably more ranged AT.