Problem players: Running a casual games meetup

I've been running a casual games meetup for few months now and am wondering how best to deal with a problematic player.

We have a person who comes to our games and kind of grosses everyone out but I am especially bothered. I this this person might deter new joiners. My friends and I are oddballs ourselves so this isn't a chad bully scenario. It's a person who is straddling the line of being disgusting, slowing down play etc. I dont want to be an asshole but I don't want to be a social worker either.

Anyone had anything similar? Tales on this theme welcome

just tell them that you are moving it to a different night...and make sure it doesn't fit their schedule.

i don't think you need to worry about offending the person. adults are responsible for their behavior and any ramifications that it might have. you aren't running leper colony, you are trying to enjoy your brief time in this awful world.

A bit tricky senpai, I usually pick a day that fits in around my work and they are a full time neet.

Here's the twist: The person isn't male, so there may be some boo hooing and signaling about what a bastard I am, even through everybody to some extent is put off by them. But it falls to me to plunge the knife in. I am sceptical about people ever changing.

Have you tried talking to them like a grownass person about how their attitude is offputting and because games are a group activity there has to be some consideration of the group?

SORT YOURSELF OUT

how are they actually being gross?

Tell them that they're making people uncomfortable, and to either shape up or leave.

These. I know nerds are nonconfrontational as fuck but that is all you have to do. Also add group rules for hygiene, sportsmanship, and such. Then you have an upfront ground to eject them under "You agreed to these rules and broke them, get the fuck out and never come back."

>straddling the line of being disgusting, slowing down play etc.

Expound.

I'm trying

We have a lightly enforced no eating at the table rule and she ordered some fries. I asked if she could eat at another table and she said she would just sit out of that round and watch (still on our table). We had a couple of new players in so I don't want to insist further as not to appear a tyrant.
Between sights of their pot belly seeping out from under their shirt and licking their fingers after the fries and going to handle my cards. A whole bunch of other nasty shit to see, but I don't want to put the boot in. I even feel guilty typing this, I have never excluded a person in life, I would hate it to happen to me but my patience is being tested.

i feel like you could talk to them about this stuff and try and get them to modify their behavior, but to me, it's not worth it.

you are spending your free time doing this shit. if it was a work situation i would suggest you be understanding but i don't think there is enough fun in life to compromise on one of the few things that you might enjoy for the sake of somebody else.

As for slowing down play: talking about some unrelated shit when someone is teaching a new game, taking a long time on their turn, pauses for dramatic effect.

Okay, so take the things you wrote here and figure out how to say them outloud to a person.

>Hey, the no eating rule is actually kind of important and we need to keep that even. Can you not do that please?
>I don't mean to be rude, but some of your dress habits are making people uncomfortable, is there a way we can work this out?
>We're here to focus on the game. I like hearing about other things, but not all the time when we're trying to play, can you please keep that down a bit?

stuff like that

Coming to vent about it here is important because you sound frustrated. But its a thing that can be approached at least, so you've tried instead of taking the passive-aggressive-hold-all-that-shit-in-until-you-break kind of way we're more familiar with.

RESCUE YOUR FATHER FROM THE UNDERWORLD

AND THAT'S THAT

YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW

>playing with random spergs

wow

>Having friends

You do love your Canadaman memes

Enforce the no-eating-at-the-table rule more heavily.

Tell her flat-out that she can't eat her greasy fries at the table while you guys are playing, or she can't sit at the table with you guys. If she doesn't want to be a respectful person, you guys get up and move to a nearby empty space, leaving her to her own bad manners.

She'll get the hint eventually.

Also, get some sleeves for your cards, man.

>she

That's your problem. No bleeders allowed at the table.