>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:

uh, looks like there's finally gonna be some decent art

AoS has had decent art before, it just depends on the artist or what style you like.

it's had like six or seven decent pieces so far, not counting the covers

what I hate the most about the art direction of AoS is that you almost never see cities or civilian scenes. As a result I have no idea what the fuck the world(s) looks like.

Which makes sense once you consider that civilization was pretty much wiped out. Up until the current point in the timeline there weren't any cities to be covered (sure Nuhlamia... but that's death and it doesn't get coverage).

Now we are supposed to be seeing cities, and I guess the cover-box of Shadows over Hammerhall counts as.

I decided to jump into AoS and looking at GA Death.

I fell in love with models that are spirits or filled by spirits like Mortis Engine, Morghasts, Hexwraiths and ofc Mortarchs.

Are small elite armies (I've tried scroll builder and for 1k points I could set up like 8 morghasts and mortarch as leader) playable, or I have to spam skellingtons and keep cool things as single additions?

1. Never

2. I'm probably gonna start playing 40k with a mono nurgle daemon list until the semester ends or I can't take it anymore

i believe it will come with time. It has only been a few years afterall, and it's not like WHFB had that many arts with civilians anyway (and the RPG helped too in that regard, for fluffing daily life stuff)

What's the most disgustingly OP
-unit
-list
-race
-alliance
in your opinion?

As a stormcast tournament player, unless they are cheap as fuck or are mandatory into warrior bro 2.0, they wont see a table ever.

my bad, only 4 morghast and 1 boss

I'm trying to work out my counts as stuff for my "undivided" tzeentch army

Griff hounds as flesh hounds

Demi Griff mounts as Juggarnauts, trying to decide if the rider should be a Thousand sons styled storm cast, a horror or a tzaangor

Open to more suggestions

Currently on the GW website, Extremis Chamber has a 0 next to it. Sign of things to come or am I overreacting to a simple glitch?

Flesh hounds, juggernauts... tzeentchian? I guess I'm missing something.

Use Kayric acolytes heads for the stormcast armor, paint thousand sons colours.

I'd imagine they're going to dissolve it into the main Stormcast branch since they're consolidating all the Stormcast rules into the new Stormcast battletome.

i love flagellants. kill a few, get lots of attacks

-8 Desolators
-Stonehorn span + 3x10 savage
-Probably Beastclaw because of the above
-Probably Destruction/Order

In non comped tournament where FW is authorized, destruction easily.

I play Stormcasts and Sylvaneth kurnoth spam + 3 hurrricanum faggotery hate list.

Special mention to SHARTOR + BULLCENTAUR + DEATHSKRIEKER SPAM
Shartor+Sayl combo can kill half an army turn 1 if you are against horde armies.

actually, most competitive armies in AoS are mostly elite/hueg monsters, with basic troops only here for the battleline tax
so just do it, and try it out !

well fuck you

The idea is that I'm using an undivided list, but with tzeentch flavored proxies

Not bad, but very specific in what they do, which is savage an enemy warmachine crew or put the wammy on careless backline buffers.
For straight-up bashing there are better choices.
If they are battleline and priced between Judicators and Liberators I can see myself using a unit.

Also, Bravery 7 is neat. Maybe Liberators also got bumped up?

landscapes would be nice too

I'm 100% Okay with that statement.
Like every inputs.

For the record U'm a dwarf and fireslayer player looking to ghb 2.0 and steamhead, before calling doom on my dwarfs.

How can I convert my sigmarines to make them more volkisch and less WoWish?

I've considered giving some of them bare chests/arms from bloodbound figs but I'm afraid it'll make them look gay
and it still isn't enough to get that germanisch vibe to them.

any ideas?

>Abjuration
Worthless. One Priest can already unbind everything and the other has other duties.
>Bless Weapons
Pretty great. Cast this on Retributors or Concussors for maximum fun.
>Divine Light
Utility! Rerolling ones to hit is solid, but forcing rerolls of sixes is amazing.
>God-King's Aspect
Good against certain armies. The caveat is not particularly daunting and it's a bubble instead of targetted. A Lord-Veritant will be in the thick of it anyway, might as well make the most of him.

Also thanks for the recomendation the other idea was to centaurize the demigriffs and use them as either centagors, bull centaurs or dragon ogres

Khorne bloodbound with stormcasts weapons.

anything else will be either too complicated or 3x more expensive than a regular army, both of which will make that idea nothing more than an idea.

/AoSg/ I need your help! Im going to a tournament tomorrow, and I need help making a competative list! It's a 1000 points, General's Handbook, etc.

I need help making a good army out of what I have;
70 Skeletons/w spears
15 Tomb Guard/w great weapons
10 Ghouls
5 Blood Knights
5 Black Knights
5 Hex Wraiths
3 Vargheists
3 Spirit Hosts
1 Necrosphinx
1 Zombie Dragon
1 Coven Throne
1 Abbhorent Ghoul King
1 Flying Vampire
1 Necromancer
2 Tomb Kings
2 Tomb Wraiths
1 Banshee
1 Screaming Skull catapult

How do I make a army that is reasonably competative out of this?

try being imaginative instead of being dismissive

Don't forget the 60-80 points you've left, they can be used to summon some skellingtons or zombies. If you like the look of spirits you can also paint your skellington horde in the same way gw paints spirits, the result is quite nice and they end up looking like a pic related

>but I'm afraid it'll make them look gay

Afraid? Getting where you want basically requires you to Tom of Finland on it.

Wait, you go to a tournament and ask for a list on the trollest board of all internet, 24 HOURS nefore it happen, without knowing what os the local meta or heavily playtesting a list with pre-established Strategy/tactics to use the list to the fullest???

I hope you did not pay a CENT for that tournament because you'll be out after the first game.

1 Necrosphinx
20+ skeletons in 2+ units
A leader
Whetever the fuck you want doesn't matter the necrosphincter is gonna win the game singlehandledly

1000 points

Shameless re-questioning to fellow anons:
How to start Death army? I don't like how ghouls looks, TK are impossible to get, so I'm left with spooks and rattlers.
Where should I start and what to get, desu both maligants and skellingtons SC! looks cool but how to expand to play some chillout 1k game.

i'll suggest you 2x 20spearmen
1 banshee to cattle the skellies around
one vamp' lord on zombie dragon to eat everything
and three vargheist to strike isolated weak units

it's a list i want to try, i've received positive feedback about it

>SPOONFEED ME PLEASE

Sorry, nobody is going to be imaginative for you to stroke an imaginary army that you'll end up never doing anyway.
Especially with that shitty attitude.

At least this guy told you how to make them.

fug :DDD

get one of each SC and a mournghul.
Then 3x10 zombie as battleline

fuck off moralizing cunt, nobody asked for your judgement.

go find something else to feel righteous about.

You could pick a different faction instead of trying to force one into becoming something it flat-out isn't. That'd be a good starting point.

You have all that but you can't come up with a semi-decent list on your own?

buy more skellies
remenber to assemble all the black knights as hex wraiths
other wise it's plenty enough for 1k points
you may also want the flesh eater SC, if you like vampire you can assemble a vampire lord on dragon and vargheits for a good punch "and use the leftover ghouls as trophy/base decorations for the rest of your army"

OR
I can BE A HOBBYIST and CONVERT MINIATURES instead of being a lazy faggot.

Besides, it's flat-out wrong to say that Stormcast Eternals flat-out aren't germanic heroes of legend, since they quite literally are heroes of legend reforged into supersoldiers by a germanic hero of legend.

But by all means, if you have found a super-secret AoS miniature range that happens to be made of nothing but Siegfrieds, do point me towards it.

Or just apologize for being in the wrong.

Between Neferata, a Vampire on Dragon with and Arkhan with a Necromancer to cast Dance Macabre on him wich one is better?
Red Fury or Ruler of the Night?
And finally do i take the minimum amount of skeletons and take some more support/"tarpit" units like Hewraiths and some more "hammer" units like Morghasts or do i invest on skeletons with big units and support from a Wraith King and a Necromancer?

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Royal Warsphinx (340)
- Venom Spike Tail

Battleline
3 x Skeleton Chariots (140)
3 x Skeleton Chariots (140)

Units
3 x Necropolis Knights (160)
3 x Necropolis Knights (160)

Total: 940/1000

is this a decent list ?
i still need to get my hands on the necropolis knights

I meant Vampire on Dragon with Sword

>instead of being a lazy faggot
Like you are right now? Because I don't see you coming up with any inspired Stormcast conversions here, hobbyist.

>3 x Necropolis Knights (160)
>3 x Necropolis Knights (160)

Necropolis knights are 240 points per 3 in the new faq tho.

>I can BE A HOBBYIST and CONVERT MINIATURES instead of being a lazy faggot.

Except you have the imagination and skill of a dead retarded mollusc.
So much that you need to cry here to have even a idea of what you want to do and will never do.

And you are so retarded you'll endlessly answer angrily to anyone and still hope for someone to spoonfeed you completely.
If you are that skilled just make every single sculpt out of greenstuff. and make molds of them, and GTFO, retarded faggot.

>volkisch
>looking gay
Pick two

Anyone using the term 'völkisch' should instantly be disqualified from any discussion.

it depends on what you like.
as a general rule in AoS, you want minimum battleline with lots of heavy hitter, but you can make a nice bone zone by piling up skellies and buffing them
if you plan to buy the SCs though, you shouldn't go for bone zone, it would be a shame to waste all those nice units

Having abundant battleline isn't that bad. They generally are the better way to get body count.

bodycount is useless in aos tho. You want hard hitters.
90% of tournament winning list have less than 50 models.

Is this a proper Bone Zone?

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Cursed Book
Necromancer (120)
- Mount: Nightmare
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (340)

Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (320)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades

Units

Total: 980/1000

Arkhan can also be buffed by the WK and Necro/Himself to make 36 attacks a turn

And the remaining ones bring a tide of gobbos.

Bodies aren't bad in AoS, but not game-breaking.

this is a nice bonezone
may you spook your opponents shitless

But bodies have really harsh hard counters.
Between Shartor, or the new tzeentch spells, I dont see someone buying $600 of bodies just to have them evaporate.

40 skellies cost less than a greater demon of tzeentch

>Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (340)
>Total: 980/1000

dingdingding

It only cost 20 points less.

And a gaunt summoner of tzeentch can kill 20 skellies out of 40 with its single spell on AVERAGE, for 200 points less than the skellies, what is your point ?

Posted this before, burn I'll try again.

I'm working on the fluff of my Sylvaneth, which will determine how I paint and play them. Basically, I'm torn between Harvestboon and Winterleaf. I like how both theoretically play. One side has angry trees and the other has more potential for silly three magic.

The fluff in short is that a treeman ancient was slain a long time ago, shattered into countless splinters by a great warlord [not sure what yet], and a Branchwych and Branchwraith were born from the two largest. The two then go on to lead followers based on whichever house I go with, which includes a Treeman who fought under the felled ancient.

That's the basic idea, at least.

A Winterleaf group would be born of vengeance and hatred. The sisters arrive at the clan and gather followers to stalk the realms for the scattered splinters, killing those who would stand in their way. To find such a splinter is to risk their wrath for it is the embodiment of their ferocity.

A Harvestboon group would be born from a new beginning. A small grove marks the place of the ancients death, tended to by the sisters, who are guided to their house by a splinter at the grove's heart. There, they gather followers to find the lost splinters, leaving verdant bloom in their wake. To find a splinter is to risk the wyldwood, for it is the embodiment of life.

Harvestboon as a way cooler paint scheme, and the story is less edgy, so I would go for them.

Not sure I'd agree. If they cost 120 or so and battleline there are uses. Ten bolt shots should probably waste or at least cripple most warmachine crews and with some luck you might pull off a charge against a second target. And even if not, your opponent now has a bunch of Liberator-tier guys in his backyard. While not super-dangerous, it's not something that can be ignored either.

What's the point if i'm gonna use those points on more skeletons anyway?
also summoning is a shit mechanic

It's still a work in progress at this point, but I suppose Winterleaf in general is less edgy. How would I make it less so?

well i meant money wise, but i did suffered the op gaunt summoner spell, god it is awful against horde

>A Winterleaf group would be born of vengeance and hatred.
>killing those who would stand in their way

I probably think it's how it's written, I mean of course it's Warhammer, it's grimdark and shit, and most fluff for most armies is basically this, but I think it look too much like *nothin p3rs0nal, kid* but it's mainly because your fluff is so short right now.

I do think he is right and Harvestboon has the better paint scheme.

I think their schemes are pretty similar with a few warm greens traded for cool blues, at least in the book. However, the Dunc did just do a Harvestboon video, so maybe it's a sign. I might have more fun with Treesinging shenanigans anyway.

The fluff IS short, though. I haven't had time to sit down and properly flesh it out. Any ideas?

What are you guys' thoughts on these? When I look at those, they seem almost mandatory against armies with artillery-centric gunlines and squisy support heroes, while being mostly worthless otherwise.

I'm doing this for my Vanguard stormcast.

a) using Marauder and Space wolf heads, all bare headed or open helmed.

b) Dark almost gunmetal armour

c) weapons a shining silver to contrast the Gunmetal

d) cloth decals leather or tan

e) volnuts and celtic knots over arms and on shoulders.

I'll post on AoSg when I have finished

A unit behind enemy line is always useful for tying up rearguards and circling in charges.

>Boltstorm Pistol
Literally just Bolt Pistol with the word Storm thrown in there

metal tree dude here, I'm planning out the "Steelthorn Revenants" now, they settled in the Realm of metal and pissed off a bunch of dwarves because their leaders ended up nested near a vein of Ur-Gold

Birb heads on Seekers of Slaanesh, evil chocobos

Too bad that art is a 8 months late honestly, it would have been a staple art?meme for AoS.

Name your Branchwraiths/Branchwyches
Choose whoever it is they hate the most (such as Chaos or Destruction, or a more focused gropu like Daemons of Khorne or Orruks)
Epic Rocky-esque montage.
Angry tree smash.

Just my thoughts.

>I haven't had time to sit down and properly flesh it out. Any ideas?

Maybe do lotr style and find a point of interest of a quest to do.
Flesh out the point of interest and why it is of interest and the connection to your army then find an arch enemy that want to destroy/steal something important and the rest will write itself.

So reading through the Sylvaneth Battletome, it's pretty apparent that whoever wrote this book took heavy influence from Circle Orboros from Hordes what with the whole creating and moving forests shit.

This kinda makes me want to make a Sylvaneth army now.

>Name your Branchwraiths/Branchwyches

Twiggy Strongbranch

hey what would be a good sauce on female torsos?

Sadly think they are bad unless its like 120 for 10.
wont see a lot of play, unless OP bataillon

For what?

What the fuck is the keyword Angelos?

wanting to make a Tzaangor Shamen that resembles this, I know I'm getting the bird head from elsewhere for sure, possibly a griff hound or an eagle kit of sorts

From Los Angeles is my guess.

It's a subset of Stormcasts, I know at least Prosecutors have it. I guess GW added in case they want to do anything with it in the future.

Fast Attack Stormcast.

They're already named, actually. Brycha and Bracha.

As for the enemy, I haven't decided yet. I was thinking Ogres because that's what my friend used to play in fantasy, but Chaos is also very thematic.

Actually, the idea originally popped into my head thinking about a campaign that likely won't happen. The main quest they have would be collecting splinters, which I'm imagining wouldn't be literal splinters. Magic items and stuff.

Played my first AoS game in over a year with my new Stormcast. Just a small pick-up game with a friend.

My army:
>Lord-Celestant on Dracoth
>5 Liberators
>5 Judicators

His army
>Slaughterpriest
>5 Blood Warriors
>3 Skullcrushers

I won with him being wiped to the last man, although I only had my Lord-Celestant (2 wounds), 2 Liberators, and 1 Judicator standing. It was really fun.

When do gryph riding fellows release?

Once gryph hounds are finished being oiled.

Pre-orders are tomorrow along with the scout guys and the battletome, so release next weekend.

I mean this magnificent bastard

Though I will be buying Gryph-Puppers

He have rules yet?

>that realm of battle board

Fuck, I miss that board. My old shop had one before it closed, and I had the joy of painting it. I would be a dick with my wood elves using that hill your Dracoth is on, and often time we'd make the big plateau in the middle, which was a favorite for the shop.

That was back during 7th and early 8th was when they closed. Damn shame. Now, several years later, a new shop opened, but in the year I've been coming here, I've played 3 games, all of which were 40k. It's a shame because the owner did get a modular board, though its the Imperial Sector. I've yet to paint it, but watching Duncan's video has inspired me at least.

Cool, bro. Once you get to about 1000 points, then things get more fun and dynamic. Have you tried any of the battleplans in the GHB?

Right now work on expanding your army. The new GHB is slated to come out sometime in the summer, so hold off on buying it if you havent already. But it is only $25 and handy resource, so it's up2u.