Does your setting have any interesting beverages?

Does your setting have any interesting beverages?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_powder
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Emberleaf Tea
gives you one powerful firebreath if you know how to properly stomach it. served cold and tastes of rotten lemons. goes well with oily meats.

>Aculo Wine
suspend a bunch of fermented fruit in a cloud using magic. then when the whole cloud is dank with the scent of wine, condense it into the smallest container it can fit into. wait 7 years, not a day later nor sooner, and it'll be one of the most delicious things you could imagine.

>Tiveri Cheg
mix 1 part wine with 1 part spirits and 2 parts clear hard liquor into a doombear liver (a giant direbear with corrosive bodily liquid. such as saliva and blood). one of the ultimate tests of bodily fortitude is surviving a single shot of this beverage. tastes like a deep breath on a snowy day, with faint scent of strawberry.

If you want more, I have more.

Serb Zero

weird space dystopia, its a running joke that the most popular drink is beet flavored... its a long story

>ol'ale
Not actually ale at all but rather closer to vodka, derived from the olan root which is close relative of the potato. It is mixed with bison milk and honey and left to ferment in wooden casks for a period of time until it becomes a sort of brown vodka.
It tastes like shit.

The nagas sell tea and milk drinks sweetened with Soma.

> Drin

Made out of crushed yellow-eating beetles. To clarify, the beetles are blue, and they eat the color yellow. Imbibe enough of it and it lacquers your insides and leaves you shitting blue for a week. Some say that monks down south drink it until they transcend to an incorruptible form -- incidentally, their crypts are full of mummies. Has a fizzy kick to it.

> Umbu tea

Derived from the Mkaran word for "pick-me-up." Once this black tea is imbibed, the drinker feels a palpable sense of weightlessness. According to the folks at the Guild, it's not just a placebo -- you are in fact a few aums lighter. Tastes like licorice.

> Setch-oil

Dwarf bashers drink this. Like most dwarven cuisine, half of the inspiration comes from poverty, the other half from a dare. Setch-oil tastes like antlion sap mixed with rock blood, because it's made from antlion sap mixed with rock blood, which is why it doesn't evaporate in the desert. A digger once told me it's an aphrodisiac, but I was never brave enough to try it. I hear it's got a coppery, buttery taste, like vegetable oil mixed with blood. An adult human male can get right fucked off of half a glass.

Bravo Veeky Forums.

Fucking lost out at Dr Bob

Milk or dairy will curdle when introduced with alcohol. And fermented honey is mead.

So you made up vodka mead cottage cheese

Fucking disgusting

>24 different cans
>24 different flavors

What is this soda sorcery? Also, I think I saw some dr.perky in a Jewel-Osco before. It's like the generic knock off of a generic knock off.

>Arborian Absinthe - The lovingly crafted brew made by the backwater humans of the Duchy of Arbor. Distilled from wormswood, mushrooms, dirt, leaves, and live worms, the liquor induces a powerful hallucinogenic state to any who imbibe it . Not commonly drank by the actual natives of the Arbor, it is usually reserved as a method of hazing tourists or as a show of constitution.

Basically, if you swagger into the tavern and say "Give me your strongest!". You're gonna get fucked.

Does it count as 24 different flavours if they're 24 different clones of one (terrible) drink?

It absolves you of your sins.

I said it tastes like shit.

My setting is Scotland

As I clicked on the spoiler, I was thinking "50/50 this is Irn Bru or Buckfast".

You callin me a ned, mate?

>Dr.Becker

Hey I used to watch that show

There's a mountain that is literally covered in mountain dew every morning. A Wizard did it.

>dairy
Depends on the fat content of the dairy, amigo. Anything below 10% will curdle, anything above 40% fat (like cream) will be just fine. Treat the stuff in-between with a modicum of care.

>Poké- Cola
Classic caramel soda with bite. One of two multi- national drink companies that sponsor Pokémon tournaments.

>Coka- Ball
The second large company. Sweeter and milder compared to Poké- Cola. Every flavor and variety is a pun involving different kinds of Pokéballs.

My players are having fun coming up with this stuff, so I'm basically letting them do half the world- building themselves and just taking notes.

Vodka is distilled you retard.

I said >closer to vodka
Not just 'vodka'. Beyond that there is brown vodka that is fermented in casks. Jeeze I just wanted to make White potato Russian mead. Why does this trigger so many people?

Look if there is a legitimate issue with the ideas behind it let me know, but as far as I'm aware, there isn't.

All vodka, by definition is distilled from a fermented mash (usually of potatoes). Brown vodka is not fermented in casks. It is distilled alcohol which is aged in casks and becomes brown from the charred wood interior of the barrel just as whiskey does.

Mead, a fermented honey beverage can be distilled into a brandy.

I think you do not understand that the terms you are using actually have specific meanings.

We have Bepis. It's not Pepsi, it's Bepis. PepsiCo exists but it's now owned by Australian interests, and as a consequence very few countries in the Northern Hemisphere have them available as there's trade injunctions out the wazoo against Australia right now (on account of there being a potentially-magical pseudovirus on the rampage there with symptoms not entirely unlike the Shadowrun SURGE, and other countries aren't sure enough on its method of transmission yet).

There's regular Bepis, White-Hot Bepis which is a weak vanilla flavoured version, and Pepper Bepis which actually contains capsaicin and is a viable substitute for pepper spray if you can get them right in the eyes with it but is only mildly unpleasant to drink (due to having added flavours that nullify a lot of the capsaicin's effect on the tastebuds. It was actually marketed originally as a self-defense tool that nobody would ever suspect actually was one). Crystal Bepis also exists, which is unflavoured and legitimately disgusting to the point where the Central Drug Counsel is divided on whether or not to classify it as poison or not since it causes such a violent psychological response as to exhibit similar physical side effects to food poisoning. It wasn't available for very long but plenty is still in stock, and it's not technically illegal to sell yet (just illegal for the company to continue production). There's other flavours but they're not available in Muskova, though Cherry Bepis and Doctor Bepis (which actually DOES have medicinal properties, but is a weak hallucinogen from the same active ingredients) are available for import from the adjacent People's Republic of Merika.

Pink mohawk cyberpunk settings are the best, man.

And I never used those exact terms because I knew that traditional terms probably wouldn't apply to it. It is >closer to vodka< as opposed to ale or mead. The exact process as to how it is stored and created is still something I'm working on. I mentioned brown vodka as something it might be associated with because it very obviously isn't traditional vodka and that might have been said in haste as I tried to equate it to an alcohol that actually exists.

It isn't mead. It isn't vodka. I called it 'ol'ale' as a misnomer because it is drank in a manner similar to ale. I think you're taking a special offense believing I'm misusing the term 'vodka' or 'mead'. I'm not saying it is either of those things, but I am saying that hypothetically it would be something akin to a strange mix between different things.

I apologize if I somehow managed to insult your family legacy or something by trying to compare my made up alcoholic beverage to existing real world liquors.

I thought brandy was distilled from wine?

You have no idea how alcohol is actually made do you?

Brandy is a term for distillation of a fermented (usually fruit) beverage. Depending on alcholol content I believe Brandy or liqueur would be the correct term for a such a drink distilled from fermented honey.

A running joke we have is a hard liquor, typically brewed and sold by goblins, called Lead Paint

You are talking to someone who is not of legal drinking age.

I'm sensing you play a digimon campaign.

Zap! Cola is the beverage of choice in my post-apocalyptic setting. It features an incredibly high caffeine content and is flavored to taste like malt liquor. When it was first invented before the war, it replaced caffeine pills for many soldiers and workers who needed to stay alert, because the beverage could both last longer and was cheaper to manufacture. Eventually the company cut back the caffeine content and released it to the public where it quickly took off in popularity.

Not naming your picture Dr. Hue

These things can still be looked up though.

My setting was a sortof space age Noblebright 40k knock off (AKA Fantasy in space) where the elven empire got shattered by the manifestation of the god of Justice and all the nations (Including the elven remanants) are trying to grab pieces of the emprie's corpse.

I did say it was unoriginal.
However it did have

>Synthaslurp

Which was a powered form of alcohol derived from fermented food waste and then dehydrated into a flavorless powder, then mixed into a assortment of flavored sugar packets to create what would kinda tastes like melted green apple candy. You mix it with water.

Food actually plays a big role in the setting because most land isnt as farmable as Earth is, and in order to deal with ftl travel easily most race's standard of eating is a nutritiously balanced chef boyardee.

A actual bottle of wine, or even a ripe banana, is a sign of luxury and being of the elite.

>These things can still be looked up though.

>Which was a powered form of alcohol derived from fermented food waste and then dehydrated into a flavorless powder,

Why don't you look up what happens to alcohol when it is dehydrated kid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_powder

It exists so Micro-encapsulated then I should have looked closer.

>dare you enter my magical realm
>mountain dew streams from the mountains
>trees with doritos for leaves
found the neverdm

>reminding me of Jolt Cola
bless your heart, user.

And somewhere, Mr. Pibb is all, "Well, once I got that job down at the Home Depot, I figured I was doin' something I liked and didn't wanna get a bunch of student loans. Plus all the guys in lumber are a lot of fun..."

Don't quit your day job.

>Milk or dairy will curdle when introduced with alcohol

>what is bailey's
>what is eggnog

Heck, sometimes curdling is deliberate, like with a posset or an abortion shot.

▓▓▓▓▓▓ - A dwarven drink that's name is part of their language's root word of negative emotions, said to have been brewed only once when the son of their creation god died. You literally have to have a CON 17+ to not get knocked out for two weeks, and even then, you have to make DC 30 to not get instantly blackout drunk.

underrated post.

>No Dr.Thunder

I'm a little disappointed.

>Poultice of Silent Night
The poultice of silent night is a drink that is made as a sleep aid. It is made using the leaves of wyvern's pepper and passionflower and the nectar of lemon balm mixed with warm milk. Occasionally, a strip of boggle's flesh is mixed into the poultice to induce a sleep that cannot be woken from without magic.

Consuming a poultice of silent night without knowing its effects triggers a DC 20 Constitution saving throw. Boggle's flesh in the poultice increases the DC to 30.

>Cold Moss Tea
An herbal tea that soothes the muscles. Made from gray stag lichen, which has poisonous properties and can make the tea hazardous if not prepared properly.

Consuming cold moss tea ends any paralyzing effects on the imbiber and confers a +1 bonus to Dexterity-based ability and skill checks until the end of your next turn.

There is a 25% chance that cold moss tea is improperly prepared, and drinking it exposes the imbiber to a disease known as the "icicle trots". A creature suffering from this disease has a 10 foot penalty to their walking speed and a -1 penalty to AC. Symptoms of the disease include stomach cramping, white-colored diarrhea, vomiting, headache, fever, weakness, and difficulty breathing.

Got to have that Hetap

...I've killed for less.

We've got time.

Elvesbane!

It's a tea leaf that only grows in certain dark, desolate corners of the world. If you brew it to 100 degrees Celsius and drink it, you get a rather pleasant, minty tea, which soothes the mind.

Unless, of course, you're an elf. If you're an elf, drinking hot elvesbane will quickly liquidize all your internal organs. Thankfully, you'll be dead within fifteen seconds, but those fifteen seconds will be so horrifically painful that it's rumored the drink burns your very soul away to nothingness. This rumor is inaccurate, but it does shorten your time in the afterlife by half.

It's said to be such a strong poison that it can even kill elven gods, although the common consensus is that they would have to drink several cups, or perhaps an entire pot.

Elvesbane is also a highly effective torture device, as forcing an elf to drink only a few drops will prolong the death process for several hours. My cleric doesn't know it but his sister (the vengence paladin) has used it on Drow priestesses a few times.

My player's only interaction were tricking the a great wizard with the name "Gil Bates" because all of my wizards are named after programming figures because I hate myself into drinking a cup, promptly fucking up my subplot beyond repair.

So what happens if a half-elf drinks it, then? Do they just get some gnarly ulcers?

>Dr. Bob
I would not recommend drinking that.

Dr Thunder is on the can twice. It kind of makes sense, with one on the top "rim" and the other on the side. But then Dr. Zevia is just straight-up written on the side twice, one underneath the other. What the fuck?

>murika

Is Mr. Pibb my brother?

FUCKING GALLENTE

Does cum count?

They still die, just a bit more slowly (albeit also less painfully).

Depends on what it came from

But you drank my Co-Co-Cola.