Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Awakened_Biodrones:_A_Risk_Analysis.trid
>Idea_Proposal:_Whale_Biodrones.thread
>FlySpy_vs_Eagle.trid
>Cyberware_Implantation.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 13420 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'WHERE'S MY COW'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Dolly.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Biodrone edition
What experience do you have with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d4H70U26HxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Speaking of drones: would you allow me to stick a rigger coccoon to a drone and still use the drone modifications rather than vehicle modifications from Rigger 5.0?

Because clearly you can add rigger compartments to drones since the Dustoff exists, but the vehicle modifications are kind of useless on a drone. And I could just take a Dustoff and modify that, but I'd rather have a walker drone to begin with instead of bothering with adding legs to a flying one just because it's superior from a crunch standpoint.

>Because clearly you can add rigger compartments to drones since the Dustoff exists
A drone specifically intended and designed around the concept of being a mobile operating table does not mean evidence that you can buy off the shelf rigger cocoon modifications for other drones, or safely jury rig something together in the default modding way.

It is clear evidence that it is possible to install something the size of a rigger coccoon or a valkyrie module in a drone, though. At worst I'll buy a Dustoff and invest in a couple of cyberlegs to have my mobile drone rigger coffin.

>What experience do you have with them?
Had to fight one that was a little magic'ed up once. Never quite figured what the deal was with that basement facility, all I can tell is that people were being turned into biodrones and there was somehow magic involved. And of course, it was the augmented troll biodrone we had to put down, because
>a shadowrunner's life
>ever being easy

>It is clear evidence that it is possible to install something the size of a rigger coccoon or a valkyrie module in a drone
If a corporation builds a drone around a rigger cocoon that you then modify with legs, that's a different thing from installing a rigger cocoon into a completely different drone.

>>TheWelshGoToWar.jpeg

Well, since there's no system for building your own drone, I kind of have to make due with what there is, don't I?

Which is kinda the point. You're no corporate drone development team, so make do with what you have.

Lolis with guns!

Yekka, if you save a sheet as a PDF, then try to save it again as a PDF by overwriting the other PDF, it crashes Chummer.

>* You have 1 new private message, titled 'WHERE'S MY COW'

Sorry dude I'm not a pedo

Why not?

>Biodrone edition
>What experience do you have with them?

We once had dealings with an unreasonably rich Sheikh whose main mode of transportation was an elephant that'd been cyber'd up to the gills (fancy cyberware too, everything was gilded in tacky amounts of gold-leaf) and converted into a biodrone, including hollowing out a portion of its torso to fit in a small rigger-cocoon. Nothing quite deters an attempted assassination like eight tons of dermal-plated muscle flipping over an armored van with tusks tipped with explosive-penetrators.

That brings up something I've been wondering; is it worth it getting a missile launcher/rocket launcher? What about as the mounted weapon on your vehicle, so you don't need to go hard into Heavy Weapons to use it?

I'm just thinking about how practical it would be.

Well, don't do that.

Is the PDF open in your reader? That could be blocking the stream.

Ignore me I'm fucking retarded.

Don't try to make characters on 5 hours of sleep and then being awake for 20+, kids.

Generally speaking, it's the kind of hardware you only want to have with you on missions you don't want to do in the first place.

Grab one, keep it stashed somewhere safe, only pull it out in case of SNAFUBAR'ed situation.

Rockets and missiles are in that weird category of equipment where an actual need for it comes across so rarely that you'll have a hard time justifying the purchase instead of buying a 'nade launcher and high-explosive grenades, but when an opportunity does come up you'll be glad you have it.

I just love the idea that I park my car down the street from the run - not even for getaways, that's just how I get there - and then one day we see a t-bird loaded with HTR screaming in, everyone is kissing their ass goodbye, and the trunk pops open and launches a missile that blasts it out of the sky.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but even the most lightly armored T-bird is unlikely to be taken down by a single anti-vehicle rocket.

A T-bird might be a bit too much for one missile, but if you want to mount a missile-launcher on your car for the express purpose of fucking up reinforcements in one glorious fireball, then follow your fucking dreams user.

Get the Mitsubishi Yakusoku MRL as well, make your dreams burst-fire.

So you're saying I need more cars...

Goddamn, I love how Kojima games handle aesthetics technology. So stylised, but functional as well.

Not to mention I'm a slut for gratuitous placement of barcodes on stuff.

No, you need that one launcher that lets you fire multiple rockets and missiles at once.

Are you familiar with the word Katyusha?

War! 5e when. We need some military-grade weapons platforms.

>We need some military-grade weapons platforms.
There is that one sick T-bird from Rigger 5.0, not to mention the Aztechnology attack helicopter...

Any viable builds for BTL junkies who use BTL's like bodyguard from Chrome Flesh?

youtube.com/watch?v=d4H70U26HxM

Is it possible to make a sledgehammer in 5e a valid weapon for a non-adept? It's pretty solid for my Knight Errant breacher but 3 accuracy really buggers any chance of using it in combat. Or if there's some sledgehammer equivalent that's better I'd be happy.

Honestly, clubs have kind of got the short-stick when it comes to dealing larger amounts of physical damage. A personalised grip will give you an extra point in accuracy, but consider asking your DM about homebrewing a purposemade combat-sledge.

>Honestly, clubs have kind of got the short-stick when it comes to dealing larger amounts of physical damage.
>short-stick
Eheheheh.

I downloaded the starter set. I LOVE the fucking lore, but the rules in the starter set are incredibly confusing to me.

How do I into Shadowrun?

Cyberlimb optimization, personalized grip, and edge are your only bets.

Downloading our resident attention whoring tripfag's character creator, chummer, helps a lot with that.

Personalised Grip isn't enough? Have you tried asking your GM for an equivalent to long barrel? Switch to battering rams?

MBW3, Blank Slate negative quality. Skillsofts to be a skillmonkey.

Also, consider waiting for another team-member or two to have sent some lead down your target's way before charging in and striking.

It's just as good as extra reach, and more applicable.

Would active hardwires work better?

Might as well go all in if you want to play a chiphead; you're already going to get a skilljack (only proles use BTLs via commlink) and MBW gets you delicious initiative no matter what skills you want.

MBW3 functions as both your amazing initiative booster AND your skillwires. You're also always a twitchy mess, even when you're not high. And MBW functions really well with initiative boosting drugs.

Hardwires are only really a viable choice if you have money to burn but no karma and really need one specific skill. Skillsofts in general are a money sink, but you can play smart with it if you know what you want to get out of it.

>master index corebook in the fileshare

>someone stuck in obnoxious wallpapers at the end so the sizing is all fucked up

Only problem with MBW is I'm trying to build a "sleeper" character. Was kept around a mob boss as his "niece", and wasn't aware of anything wrong. Mob boss gets attacks, says a keyword: BTL Bodyguard, auto injected drugs, and skill wires activate, and everything goes red.

Being twitchy, unless they've been fed a "brain damage" lie would give too much away.

At what point did keyboards become obsolete?

First, I know they're still around, not EVERYONE can afford a datajack, and some people still do their jobs on an actual PC, but thats for broke people. When did they stop being the norm?

I wanted to make a hacker who got good on keyboards, back when that was the only way to do it. No, I'm not making a fastjack wannabe, he's not gonna be the master of every OS and every form of hacking. Just that his theme is older-school stuff. When hacking in AR, he has a virtual keyboard he works off of, in the Matrix, his stuff looks like old Icons and stuff like that.

But, I don't want to make this guy super old, so I want to know what the general time at which Keyboards and towers and stuff truly went obsolete.

building a 5e rigger for the first time. the character has a cyberarm, but other than that, i haven't been able to decide on equipment yet.

any recs for a new player for good "essential" rigger equipment/drones?

How well does shadowrun work for 1-2 players?

Probably around the time AR became as ubiquitous as it is now. No point having an actual hardware keyboard when you can just project one from wherever.

As far as I know, keyboards (in the form of computer terminals at least) were in use up until everything went wireless. At least if the SRR games are anything to estimate by.

Either a control rig and a car that's been converted into a literal tank, or a good RCC and a few drones of the same type. I've built the latter: Vulcan Liegelord is a good RCC for chargen, and I opted for rotodrones with ares alphas since the GM said I could install flash-paks on them to help shore up their subpar dodge and armor.

Very well, depending on the party.

What are they playing as?

I ran a few sessions for 2 players, and wanted to keep rotating between 2. You can tell different, more personal stories. The game system is still the same for the most part. It's easy to say your player(s) works with a Shadowrunning team and handles parts of the run that they are suited for.

So... what year was that? In the last 20-30, or more like 40-50?

Commercial lifestyle. Purchase it, and gain the amount of nuyen each month that you'd normally get out of the rolls, with the variance going to salaries and bribes? OR just ditch the rolls all together?

You could get away with him hacking from physical keyboard and being younger if he's from the outskirts of society. Poor Trolls grow up with a lot of physical material that others don't, because they live in abandoned homes from the fifth and early sixth world. He might have learned how to type and work with the matrix using an actual keyboard, and decided to stick with it.

Oh, I'm just interested in getting into Shadowrun for the first time, but my current TRPG group is only 2 people. So I wanted to know if this was a disaster waiting to happen or not.

2064 I think. IIRC Crash 2.0 is what caused everyone to rework all their matrix shit, and everything went wireless.

I'd say the former, but where exactly are you going to get 800,000 nuyen?

We're running CGL adventures. They usually end up with a few hundred thousand nuyen to split among the team.

Upgrades for the streetsam's ware are a better investment desu.

I'm playing magical Mr Burns this time. He can get his own goddamned augments.

But user, it really is a better investment. You get to go on more dangerous, well-paying jobs because your streetsam is deadlier and you get your money back because you know the streetsam is good to pay his debt back.

He can get his own fucking shekels.

So, Shadowrun requires you to play it, and then figure out which rules you want to ignore or homebrew. I think most tables have a list of home rules that they have to make things simpler or just more >fun

It's a good system, great setting, but it has some faults. Decking is pretty meh, and the sad part is it's the best it's been in 5e. Technomancers are niche as fuck and tough to play, and combat can be REALLY slow if you don't group up mooks.

The wuxia thread is really making me want to do an adept

>magical Mr Burns

Thanks Chummers!

Hey chummers, is back, and I'm looking for a new challenge. Had a lot of fun with Badger, so I'm in a good mood to try to make a new abomination.

Dude, the rules literally state you can use the vehicle modification system for drones. It's perfectly viable to attack a rigger coccoon if your GM thinks it has room for it. Which most large drones clearly have.

How would you rank the difficulty of playing and understanding each main archetype/job for a first time player from easiest to hardest?

This game has healing spells doesn't it?

What happens if you get a cyber arm and then cast regeneration?

Naga Street Sam

I wouldnt let it happen because A why would a naga be a shadowrunner and B why would you have augments when they are built for magic. That being said I'd love to see someone make it work.

Nothing happens. Magic is remarkably shitty at affecting non-living things. Plus the fact that cyber takes away your magical soul mojo.

>Regeneration
Don't know such a spell
Where have you read it?
The closest would be heal, and that's just is harder due to the essence loss
Or that one flower that gives you the regeneration power, that just gives you damage based on your lost essence

Speaking of Nagas, one of my GMs told me Nagas in Shadowrun are armless, and whenever I tried to google shadowrun nagas all I got were talking regular snakes, is that true or just an excuse to get me to play something else?

SR nagas are awakened snakes
They are basically big snakes with semi-metahuman faces and 1 point of MAG so that they can cast magic fingers

They're big intelligent snakes. SR5 just missed pointing that out for some reason. Or well, the reason is that Run Faster is a shitty minimalist book with virtually no proofreading.

>why would you have augments when they are built for magic.
I suspect being run over by a truck something like that would do that trick.

The only problem I have with this is a mechanical one:

In Shadowrun, there's an annoying rule that states that you can't get more cyberlimbs than your body would naturally have, because your brain isn't built to know how to actually USE those limbs. This prevents someone from being able to have 8 arms and just be a monster (Shadowrun also then allows you to have a Centaur body, which has 4 legs instead of 2, and numerous ways of having a tail, also a body part human brains don't have any programming for)

In Shadowrun, a naga is just a giant, magical, sapient snake. They're JUST snakes. They don't have arms or legs, so they wouldn't be able to do a fraction of the things that a street sam would do.

So, that image that you posted? Not possible, mechanically, since they can't use arms. At all. Don't get me wrong, that would be awesome, but, technically, impossible.

As a result I could make a really cool, armored snake that has some wicked bioware and things like that, but the bottom line is... the vast majority of the things they'd actually need they can't use, or at least, use without any efficiency, so no matter how good I make the character, it'd really be no fun at all.

If you still want me to make it, I'll throw my hat in, but it will be underwhelming.

I think it's possible for Nagas to get arms through SURGE, no?

S.... a Surge naga... Uhm... is that... Is that even possible? Don't get me wrong, I could totally roll down that road.

I also have to ask one important question: I seem to recall someone stating that if Naga ever have 0 magic, they lose their sapience and are just now large ordinary snakes, not large magic talking snakes. Is this true, or was I lied to?

I'd still love to see a bio snake with maybe cyber spurs.

But If you where allowed to bend the rules a bit and put arms in how would you go about it instead? Naga's naturally have a very low agility cap.

Anything and everything is supposed to be able to SURGE. A Naga with Shiva Arms would have a single pair of arms (since they have none base).

Strictly speaking I don't think it ever says it isn't and all a SURGE is the manifestation of additional metagenes brought on by exposure to spikes in mana levels. I see no reason why that would be exclusive to meta humans, any lifeform could have metagenes that makes them into a more magical form of what they were. If I recall correctly, no they don't lose sapience just any magical abilities they would have, which I don't think affects a Naga that much.

I'm not super familiar with the naga crunch, but aren't a ton of their abilities dependent on magic? Why would they ever take cyberware? Wouldn't it be easier to just learn telekinesis spells that let them interact with objects?

Hmmm... I could work with this.

Tell ya what, I'll roll out a Bio Snake, and a SURGE snake.

Good to know, thanks.

-------------

For a street sam snake that's got arms due to Surge (i'll probably roll surge 2 so I don't spend ALL the karma on it), I'm thinking the reason why he went into cyber is due to some form of Psychosis. It is firmly stated that not all changelings survive (mentally) and I'm kinda digging the idea of a naga that went a little Coo-coo from the Surge, and had some Body Dismorphia. Something along the lines of wanting to make himself something better and better, while dipping from regular psychosis to cyberpsychosis (With a dash of Superhuman Psychosis). They only get 4 agility max, but if I make those arms Cyber arms, then I can raise them up to a nice 7 agi, which is respectable enough for shooting/hitting things. Gives me some extra armor and HP as well. Toss some bone lacings in there, and I have a snake that could rival some Min-maxed cyborks for armor.

For a Bio Snek with no arms, I am seeing an infiltrator type, with a bit of assassination. Naga were initially trained to be security guards, and I think I like him being one of the earlier ones that were captured and trained. Given a Data Jack for BTL's and sim-sense chips for training, that dropped his essence and made him lose his magic, and I'd be willing to argue that he never knew he had magic to begin with, and just took bio augments from there. He can slink through small holes even dwarves can't fit through, and then strangle someone.

Give him ortho skin, a good body, platelet factory (If I'm thinking of the right thing) and the natural +8 armor they have for being Sneks, and he can take a hit and do a job well enough. If he's got a good Commlink with a Stealth Dongle, he can even do some hacking on the side, and/or assist the actual decker with hacking.

I could see either of these working, but I'll do some thinking on a hard story.

Okay,I've spotted a slight issue with this approach, it costs 25 karma just to be a Naga, which for a normal game will make Class 3 SURGE too expensive, so you'll have to deal with random negatives.

or you go down the magic snek path and learn magic finger, buy some reagents and two spell store foci rating 1.

Honestly, after rolling up Badger, I'm not too scared of Random Negatives anymore. I'd also like to think that a number of things wouldn't even hurt a snek at all.

If you got Stubby arms, and then got cyberlimbs, could those be normal sized limbs?

Okay, legit question: I just noticed that Naga get 'venom'. And that's it.

I'll assume its injection, since Snakes have fangs and the like, but... what kind of Venom?

well, no because you'd still have the quality, so you'd need shortened cyberlimbs to match your internal bodymap.

Hart Target has the rules for Naga venom IIRC. Its potency depends on how magical the snek is.

Naga venom is an injection venom with a duration of immediate and a power equal to their magic rating.

There's stats for naga venom in hard targets, it's potency is based on the Naga's magic stat, probably not going to be relevant for your sammy snake.
Also I've been rolling along as well, and I've hit an interesting issue with rolling negative qualities, so far I've rolled Nocturnal (ok) then Mood hair, which is incompatible with feathers/scales and thus I re-rolled and then Feathers, which is also incompatible with scales.

Orthoskin would logically be incompatible with the Naga's Scales.

Should you get licenses for your low rating burner fake SINs? Or just get them for your main high rated one and leave it at that?

Does anyone have a PDF of the new second printing of Run Faster?

It's in the OP

what's the biggest differences?

on that note, is there a changelog for this (and/or other books when they got updates) somewhere?

To the user talking about making a Naga with arms, I've been playing along as well. This is far from complete and I've yet to work out an initiative booster, but I've got to go soon. Still I hope it gives some food for thought.