What would a warhammer game based off of dark age of technology or the age of strife play like

What would a warhammer game based off of dark age of technology or the age of strife play like

Like Age of Sigmar.

I would give me eyeteeth for a Unifications Wars expansion. The idea of fleshing out Pre-Imperial Terra sets me a-droolin'.

Mostly I just want technobarbarians and Thunder Warriors.

More Eldar dominance

Are you me?

I'm in the process of converting up Narthan Dume and some assorted Pan-Pacific Tyranny forces just for fun, also looking at turning some of the new Sigmarine Vanguard into Thunder Warriors.

I was thinking of making a small skirmish system set in the Unification Era called Unity, with techno-barbarian warbands, Terawatt Clan wyrdtek, the occasional Thunder Warrior. It's a great setting for some very different post-apoc skirmishing - and the conversion potential is absolutely huge.

necromunda+the ash waste expansion but with even less fashion sense

Gorka Morka but serious mode.

It should be set before the Emperor starts making the Thunder Warriors, in Old Night. Maybe even on some random world, not even Earth.

Should end up as Fist of the North Star + a few hints of 40k.

>Dark Age of Technology: Basically Supreme Commander, but even more gonzo. Use technomagic to build drone armies where your "troops" are 5 meter tall doombots and your superheavies are mobile, heavily armed cities. Weaponry includes microfusion nuke grenades, singularity cannons, chronodestructor beams, red-goo nanoclouds, and similarly over the top things. Battles end when the HQ is destroyed or the battlefield is completely obliterated, whichever comes first.

Techno barbs and thunder warriors are a given, but what would the other factions be like?
Neo-romans with war machines?
Germans with genetic modification obsessed with creating the perfect ubermensch?
What else?

Squats, techno-barbarians, men of iron, etc.

Did the Thunder Warriors also have the specialized organs that the later Space Marine Legionaries would have?

>Sqauts
Silly user. Those are mythical creatures, not unlike Bigfoot and Unicorns.

No.

I would really like a Unification Wars game, equivalent to HH.

Obviously less comprehensive and large in scale compared to HH, but a new game nonetheless.

We already know some of the factions during the Unification Wars, and what kinds of weapons were deployed.

I mostly want to see what the techno barbs were like

>
>I mostly want to see what the techno barbs were like

As do I.

I would assume that "techno-barbarian" is a general term referring to the factions that fought the emperor during Unification, and that there were actually numerous distinct factions that are under the "techno-barbarian" umbrella.

God damnit I never knew how much I wanted to battle on the plains of ancient Terra until you brought it up, but now I'm going to have to find a way to do it.

Play Necromunda or Inq28/Inquisimunda with a whole lot of Blanchian conversions.

You know I've always wanted to get into Necromunda and this might actually work, have a Thunder Warrior.

Have some John Blanche.

I need to see that concept page shown on pg 2... all those conceptual Necromunda gangs! So much potential!

I feel like Veeky Forums's homebrew factions ([meme] marines) could take a chapter from John Blanche's book of design.

The fact that the Emperor actually walks the same planet in the setting is probably a disruptive metagaming influence.

For the longest time he just kept his own local Himalayan territory under wraps, influencing the locals there to violently organize against any invaders. Eventually everyone around them just gave up.

Still, if you want Unification Wars Terra, You can have MkII Horus Heresy marines as a faction along with everything else in the setting, like rogue psykers and mystics, techno-barbarians, organized military states, and monsters of flesh and/or metal.

This. The 30k Imperial Militia and Warp Cults list would probably suffice to represent a huge variety of techno-barbarian armies.

And you could play with the 30k Victory is Vengeance kill-team-esque campaign rules if you wanted a skirmish setup.

>Still perpetrating an obsolete meme
>In 2017