>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_chaos_en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Worst OP pic ever. Do you dream about eating elf dick every night or ?
So eager to show us your love for elf that you didn't take the time to edit the pic in anyway.

Vanguard are bad and you should feel bad for playing them

Abjuration is a dud, but the other prayers are great.

I do.

Though I still don't really see a reason to pick the Lord-Relictor over the Lord-Veritant.
I guess he's at least cheap?

Reposting from last thread

Hunter points cost to viability chart

X >= 160 points per 5: very niche, might be okay with battalion but on the same level as hammer prosecutors

160 > X > 100: honestly not a bad choice for some cheap anti repeater crossbow tech. If they're battleline natively they are viable at this point.

100 points per 5: completely viable alternative to liberators without replacing them even if not battleline.

In other news, has that rumor of there being a way in the new battletome to make dracothians battleline been substantiated yet?

It seems too good to be true

Veritant + gryph is literally double the cost of a relictor

God King's Aspect + Decimators = +4 to battle shock. Pretty good.

>100 points per 5: completely viable alternative to liberators without replacing them even if not battleline

I would still prefer the cheaper liberator.

I'm suddenly curious what happens if you mix pieces of 40Khaine with Grimnir/Gotrek's pieces.

Have we confirmed if AoS Grimnir is the original or Gotrek?

Yeah the incoming point drop of liberator is something I have been waiting for since the first ghb.
Can't wait for next week.

I honestly think that somewhere along the lines, Tomb Kings are going to be repackaged ala Bonesplitters/Flesh Eater Courts. Alot of their range has aged really well and it wouldn't take much for them to add a sort of new color scheme and make some copyrightable kinda lore for em.

What are their points being dropped to?

So? The Veritant is twice as good in melee and has an extra wound. Add to that the extra prayers to make sure the Veritant's weaker prayers aren't a liability and I'd say he's worth his points without ever looking at the gryph hound.

MIN raised to 10 but cost dropped to 180 for those ten.
It's only a rumor though.

Veritant has twice the melee damage, an additional wound, +1 Move, unlimited fucking unbinds and that weird Gryph-hound ability (that no one is actually sure how it works) over the Lord-Relictor.
I'll pay those 40 additional points in a heartbeat.

We can only hope user. I dont even play TK but i think its a shame to get rid of some pretty cool models. Especially since they didnt even give them a chance in the new game, i think that alone could have revitalised their sales.

I know that as someone who didnt play WFB (except when i was like 12 many moons ago) i would have defo been playing Brettonians in AOS if they had been an option.

The veritant does not have unlimited unbinds, you dolt
His warscroll specifically says one spell

No it doesn't. It needs to be FAQd if anything. But RAW it looks like he can unbind any spell within an 18" range unlimited.

> £37.50
> Box of 10

Weren't these boxes of 5 for just a bit less recently? Is GW just straight up dropping prices now?

Why should it need to be FAQ'ed? If the Mighty Lord of Khorne has unlimited unbinds, I don't see why he shouldn't.

It was 5 for $50, now it's 10 for $62. They are still raising prices, but giving things a better value. It's a good compromise, i think.

We've been over this, user. There are two warscrolls out there and no FAQ has been issued to clarify which is the correct one.
This one is from GW's page. It uses the same wording as the Mighty Lord of Khorne, who has been clarified in a FAQ to have unlimited unbinds.
The one from the app says 'one unbind'.
Right now you can take your pick, as even GW said that when multiple warscrolls for something exist you can pick which one to choose.

Can't Wizards only unbind once per phase though?

There are conflicting warscrolls on app and store, which probably should be cleared up.

Nearly all unbinds come with a statement how often the model can unbind per turn.
The few exceptions (explicitly the Mighty Lord of Khorne and, depending on the warscroll, the Lord-Veritant) can unbind as often as they want.

I am interested in seeing the new spin on elves in AoS, but given GWs history of slobbering all over the elf cock, and giving them over the top rules.... I'm not too hopeful

Stormcast Battletome leaks when?

You're right, they FAQ'd it for dwarves I think? So you can get the right keywords on gyrobombers.

Whats the new cost for liberators? 80 per 5?

The new cost for liberators is literally just speculation.

Extra 80 points, relictor is 80, Veritant is 160 with his gryph buddy. For that cost he had better be that much better

> 80 for 5
> 5 two wound, 4+ reroll 1s armor
> with options for grandhammer/grand blade
Get the fuck out.

exept no tournament ever even the LVO, ruled for the guy having unlimited unbinds.
I also saw no casual game with stormcast ever where anyone made it unlimited reroll.

The gryph is not really needed if you use the Veritant for the new prayers. 120 points for a melee powerhouse that is also resilient AND has a useful buff are a good price. You basically use the Relictor if you only want the prayer, the Veritant if you also want a good puncher.

The gryph is worth the cost though if you have any shooting at all, the unbind bonus is the cherry on top.

And hit like wet noodles with the range of half of said noodle. And I like current liberators

>the LVO
You mean that casual garbage where khorne bloodbound placed in the top 10?

>Right now you can take your pick, as even GW said that when multiple warscrolls for something exist you can pick which one to choose.

>stop having the wrong kind of fun!

Also, how the fuck are you supposed to measure competitive viability of you discard tournaments rankings? Just because it doesn't go with your headcannon it's not a viable result? Moreover this a random game, the guy playing BB might have been amazing or his opponents made retard mistakes.

Honestly, I never brought a Gryph-hound with my Lords-Castellant or my Lord-Veritant. It costs too much and does too little to be worthwhile

>The gryph is worth the cost though if you have any shooting at all, the unbind bonus is the cherry on top.

Yeah, but still it's a different unit and all. If we are comparing Veritant to Relictor the Gryff is just an useful option and the Veritant now is pretty good even without it.

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_chaos_en.pdf

>GWs history of slobbering all over the elf cock

that explains perfectly why the elves were shattered into unplayable mini factions with over points costed values in GHB, no tournament worthwhile mentions and zero releases and almost no lore mentions.

what world are you living in?

You discard casual tournaments, you look at competitive tournaments instead

>stop having the wrong kind of fun!
>Just because it doesn't go with your headcannon it's not a viable result?
>Moreover this a random game
These are not arguments

Can one of you please explain the lore to me?

I have no idea what's going on.

Thank you.

Open the ressource, every audiobook, book and battletome is fucking FREE.
No one is gong to write 10k pages of fluff for you.

>what world are you living in?

The world in which elf have always been top tier since 2nt edition

Wow.... Age of Sigmar is flopping hard.

this are the faqs, not the ruling of the LVO.

As a stormcast player I've never seen anybody use unlimited unbind for the Veritant.
You'll still argue that some people do it when it gets update in the next book which will leak wednesday while already nobody ever unbinded more than 1 spell with the veritant.

Literally a non issue.

Le bingo square meme

Back to your 9th age containment thread, friendo

This.
Only on this shitshow of a thread do people (that probably do not play stormcast, or even the game) still argue that the veritant as unlimited dispell.

IRL, it's 1 dispel attempt.

but this is the containment thread

It's nice if you have bow judicators and
/or a hurricanum nearby.

yet you still come everyday, checking multiple time a day.

Why DID Tomb Kings get squatted anyway?

Start Collecting Slaanesh box when?

ye olde worlde exploded. chaos won.

God sigmar floated through space clung to a portion left of the old world. he meets a celestial dragon that's like "cheer up bro! remember those winds of magic that fucked shit up in your old world? Well they were remade into these realms full of life."

So sigmar goes to those realms, which are populated by peoples resembling the olde worlde. He goes around finding gods and reawakening them to create a pantheon on olympus, which is his great city in azyr in this setting. He builds up the civilizations and has a great and varied kingdom spanning the realms full of allies. This is know as the Age of Myth

Chaos after waking up from their siesta from consuming the world, find the mortal realms and turn their attention toward it. Slowly they work on corrupting the mortals and creating strife amongst the pantheon and peoples. It's slow at first but then picks up speed until at some point chaos invades and goes on this grand evil gods crusade on the mortal realms. Shit's getting fucked allover.

Eventually order is on the losing side, and it's only a matter of time before everything is completely wiped out. So sigmar, realizing if he doesn't retreat and regroup what he's got, will get wiped out. So he retreats to Azyr with a bunch of refugees and closes it off completely. Chaos can't get in, and nobody can get out.

This lasts for about a thousand years and is known as the Age of Chaos. Chaos is enjoying their new playground running amok on the mortal realms. Another victory for chaos!

Meanwhile in Azyr, sigmar realizes they need a powerful weapon to combat the endless hordes of chaos. So he and a few gods still loyal, like Grungni, the dwarf god of creation, begin forging an immortal army made of magic and the souls of mortals rescued during their final stands against chaos during the Age of Chaos.

cont.

So as chaos is delighting in a literal smorgasbord they find a lot of mortal are disappearing before they can land the killing blows. They have no idea what's going on, but they are like 'eh, fuck it.', and keep causing... er... chaos.

Grungni and sigmar are building this magical army of godblessed soldiers who are to be practially immune to chaos, and designed to fight chaos. If they die, then their souls are to be returned to azyr where they get reforged again and sent back. But each time they lose a little of their memories and what made them human.

The day comes and sigmar unleashes the Stormcast Etnerals on the mortal realms and kick a lot of ass. This becomes what is known as the Age of Sigmar.

Power struggles shift, where Khorne was top of his game from so much slaughter, and getting his armies getting their asses kicked a lot by the Stormcast Eternals, then he gets bumped down a few pegs. Also nurgle has his own massive plague garden going on in the realm of life, but with the help of the Stormcast Eternals, Alariel gets reborn and revilalizes the treemen and dryad armies and start kicking Nurgle's ass too. Knocking him down a peg.

All this happens and 4 great cities of Order rise to become new bulwarks for Sigmar's allies over the mortal realms. Chaos is on the defensive despite having Archaon, who is literally almost completely a god now with chaos reluctantly bowing to his will, on their side. Now Tzeentch finds it is his time to rise to the top with his brothers humbled from sigmar's golden dick army.

That's what has happened in a nutshell.

They didnt

Why'd they get discontinued then? Do you think they WILL bring them back?

We don't know the real reason why they were discontinued, we can only make viable guesses. Also we don't know if they will ever be brought back, we can only make guesses.

GW has never outright said anything on the matter and I doubt they ever will.

But they are not squatted because they are still supported and rules for them still exist.

Implying an extremely overprized kit being less irreasonably prized means it's flopping hard instead of someone stoppingto drink kool-aid.

Nurgle bros, do you use the nurglings that come with the plaguebearers kit or skip them?

LVO is now a casual tournament?

And yes they are arguments, sigmar is a game where theoretically, one zombie could table basically any army, because he hits and wounds on a flat value and the dice always get to play.

>And yes they are arguments, sigmar is a game where theoretically, one zombie could table basically any army, because he hits and wounds on a flat value and the dice always get to play.

Considering a game last 5 rounds max that is literally false for every army that consist of more than 10 wounds.

"I once defeated Archaon with a lord Veritant because my dice were literally possessed by the will of Sigmar" is not an argument about the Lord Veritant viability.

>AoS makes any positive changes

AoS IS FLOPPING DEAD GAME

God I fucking hate people sometimes.

>not the ruling of the LVO.
>IRL, it's 1 dispel attempt.

honestly who cares if he gets to try to unbind 4 unique spells or only one. How many people take more than one or two at most anyways?

Its not saying you get to keep trying to unbind the same spell till you succeed at it.

Besides would it be so bad if you just played it the way GW intended it to be played? You know, the way GW went out of their way to FAQ it as?

Why do LVO or whatever self riotous faggots think they get to have their opinion matter more than the official GW FAQ?

And in 40K a farseer and his seer council can be brutally murdered a lone Tau pathfinder because of ridiculous dice luck as well. Your point escapes me.

>And yes they are arguments, sigmar is a game where theoretically, one zombie could table basically any army, because he hits and wounds on a flat value and the dice always get to play.

frankly having literally unkillable units on the table like in 40K is the definition of anti-fun autistic faggotry. Please go the fuck back to 40K general if that's the kind of ass-hattery you think makes a good game.

>The world in which elf have always been top tier since 2nt edition

well faggot your fantasy land of bitter memories in no way reflects the current state of AOS.

units aren't unkillable. 40k has autistically powerful weapons that make it easy to delete heavy shit that reasonably shouldn't be deleted.

It's just that there's some things a single damn zombie shouldn't be able to take down, no matter what the dice say.

>this are the faqs, not the ruling of the LVO

>you walk into a GW brick and mortar or other local game shop and agree to a game with a SC player.

>you've got three wizards in your list because reasons incomprehensible in most cases.

>SC player somehow gets his Veritant in range to unbind on more than one of them and proceeds to attempt to do so.

>you attempt to argue that someone named LVO said he doesn't get to unbind more than once.

>The SC player pulls out printed copies of the most recent FAQ strait off the GW web site and tells you to go fuck yourself.

I don't even play SC but I am defending this because you're a complete fag-lord autist.

>units aren't unkillable. 40k has autistically powerful weapons that make it easy to delete heavy shit that reasonably shouldn't be deleted. It's just that there's some things a single damn zombie shouldn't be able to take down, no matter what the dice say

frankly having literally unkillable units on the table like in 40K is the definition of anti-fun autistic faggotry. Please go the fuck back to 40K general if that's the kind of ass-hattery you think makes a good game.

repeated for truth

Hu-uh, so where did Sigmar touch you again? Please use this doll to signal this.

But user, I am the SC player, I'm even the worst SC shitposter of this board. I do play in real stores.

The faq isn't for the veritant, and wednesday it will also be update in the new book to only have 1 unbind.

Nobody ever played SC veritant with unlimited unbind, ever.

Sorry that, in 30 years, elf are now for the first in the mid tier where 75% of the army were since.. well, ever.

And we have elffags here that claim to be 100% undeafeated against every army and combo.
So.. Just l2p ?

>we have elffags here that claim to be 100% undeafeated against every army and combo
this sound like bullshit trolling to me. Look at the results of every tournament to date: zero elves lists anywhere. That settles that debate entirely.

>Sorry that, in 30 years, elf are now for the first in the mid tier where 75% of the army were since.. well, ever.

show me on the doll where the elf touched you. You need three major GW armies to be shit to make you feel better about things that don't have shit to do with AOS? Go fuck yourself.

>The faq isn't for the veritant, and wednesday it will also be update in the new book to only have 1 unbind.Nobody ever played SC veritant with unlimited unbind, ever.

if they FAQ it again to alter the previous FAQ then sure bud, I'll 100% be in agreement with you.

Lets just watch the train wreck and see where the bodies have fallen once the dust of the SC tome drop settles.

Ill get the popcorn ready.

I wasn't arguing for dynamic hit and wound stats user, my argument is that any u it can kill any other unit, therefore there is no such thing as a strictly uncompetitive model/unit, since they can all be viable

Please get the stick out of your ass

Been playing around with a list for a small game with a few buddies. We decided to to play a 2v2 with each player using 1000 points. I play bonesplittaz and the guy I got paired with is Ironjawz, so atleast we're fluffy. I usually run a kunnin Rukk, but i have a few points left over to the tune of 240 points. What should i fill it up with? I have wizards, spear chuckas, and a warboss on wyvern. The other dudes we play with have multiple armies so we aren't sure what they might bring.

>units aren't unkillable. 40k has autistically powerful weapons that make it easy to delete heavy shit that reasonably shouldn't be deleted.
Correction, a small handful of armies have autistically powerful weapons that make it easy to delete heavy shit that reasonably shouldn't be deleted.

Any army without those weapons is boned the moment one of those unkillable models hits the table.

Very true. Though on the other hand, there's nothing necessarily wrong with a lasgun not being able to do significant damage to a tank.

>autistically powerful
What does that even mean?

Impossible vs improbable, user.

Isn't that what epic stories are at their core?

I'd wager that GW is comfortable with dropping the price per sprue because they've already earned back the cost of the mould.

Really want to see some new aelves. Even contemplating to somehow make 1000 points of swifthawks or wanderers (sucks eternal guard isn't battleline, if something else is also taken).

It's at least another two AoS projects (dwarfs and Sigmarines) before something happens for aelves, right?

AoS is pure refined autism: the game.

But it wasn't talking about AOS

The General's Handbook has ruined this thread. Before, /aosg/ was people posting minis, discussing fluff and talking about fun games they had. As soon as points were introduced, all of the disgusting 40k and WHFB rejects squirmed their way in and began their favourite pastime - violently arguing about the correct interpretation of the rules, which army is 'top tier', which tournament lists should be copied.

It's sad, but I suppose inevitable. I knew points were a bad idea.

weak bait

Hoping to do a Hinterlands narrative campaign sometime in the near future. Thinking a "Lion Rangers" theme based around five White Lions led by an Archmage could be fun to play.

Welcome to the dark age of sigmar..

It's not bait at all. Half of this thread is people arguing about the exact wording of the Lord-Veritant's unbind ability, along with people arguing about which tournaments are 'competitive' and which are 'casual'.

These threads were great when it was about which faction you liked, what the story behind your guys was and the rest, it was like the early days of fantasy. The only list building advice given was 'pick whichever models you really like'.

Now the grasping hand of the Veeky Forums WAACfag autist is slowly trying to squeeze all of the joy from it, just like they do to all of the game threads they infest.

>AOS was better before points

Is this on the bingo board?