Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

"I really need more /40kg/ thread images so give me some" Edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=gzYtesTxtD8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Don't you dare dog ear the pages.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/02/08/rumour-engine-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the Dark Powers!

nth for Sisters of Battle

>not Dank powers
0/10 would not burn the imperium with

Playing the 'nid campaign in Retribution and there's a mission where you vs other 'nids. Does this ever happen in lore? If so, why/how?

Behold the dogma of the Machine God

Nth for Grav is fair and balanced :^)

Maybe the reason the Demons and Gods of Chaos are constantly attacking mankind is that they're just tired of their home dimension being run over by multi-kilometer long battleships.

Where can I get epub/pdfs of the Gathering Storm series?

Want to start new army.
Sell me your faction, why should I play them

Give me aesthetic images

Hive Fleets are separates for the most part and have different genetic traits. So when they meet up they fight to see which is superior and absorb the other for fuel.

>equip Warlord Dominus with Scryerskull Perspicatus
>roll 4 on Warlord table
>Sabotages and Scatterfields everywhere
>Kataphron Destroyers with 3/4+ cover saves and enemies taking D6 bomb hits on 3 units at once turn 1

Top fucking kek every time.

I remember a story about nids from two different fleets coming into contact and murdering each other. I think it was a Ciaphas Cain story.

Tau so you can spam Riptides for maximum asshurt.

How is it not balanced? It completely fucks over MCs which honestly deserve to get fucked over, the only thing i see it OP against is vehicles

Hive fleets attack each other to share genetic information and ensure the stronger survives, with minimal loss of biomass due to how tyranids work.

fucking mortals get out of my Warp
REEEEEEE

Are there and mention of the Dark Eldars super nids in FoB?

is Faygo Red Pop heresy?

:^D

any* fuck typing

It also fucks over elite infantry.

During the events of Valedor, the Tyranids on the world apparently fought one another while waiting to be re-assimilated into the Hive Fleet after defeating the Imperial forces there.

>MCs which honestly deserve to get fucked over
Eat a dick
t. Nidfag

Genestealers man. You wanna play a dark cult corrupting worlds? You got it. Wanna play a ton of war boys like in mad max? You got it. Want some cqc hordes with access to a selection of guard vehicles? Got it. Go get it now and join the family.

> Riptides, Stormsurges and Wraithknights are OP
> All 'Nid and Chaos MCs, TEQs and vehicles are collateral

Just fix the fucking Eldar and Tau books

Yeah, it probably shouldn't work on anything that doesn't have Wounds.

they fuck up the hecatrix arenas and murder half of the high commoragh wealthy elite

they're currently in the midst of a 4 way war with kherudakh's legions of extra-dimensional terrors, the legions of chaos and the dark eldar

Don't tell the fleshbags our secrets.

What's the closest faction/chapter/group in 40k to medieval Greek/ Byzantine aesthetics?

Language or visually or fluff,

>MCs deserve to get fucked over
>Not like the Faction built around MCs more than any other is one of the most nerfed and helpless in the game, or anything
>Not like Grav isn't mathematically superior to las and plasma in every possible situation, rendering other options pointless or anything
Grav was one of the most insultingly egregious examples of power creep to sell new models in 40k history.

Good. I was hoping it wasnt a plot point just thrown to the side. I want their to be some great uprising of nids.

AdMech:

You get funky cyborgs and dudes who wanna turn themselves into robotic perfection in the quest for knowledge.

They get some great and relatively distinguished weaponry, and can be played in various styles.

Any leaks of new Triumvirate? What are your picks fa/tg/uys?
Will it be Imperium or Xeno? I hope will get Silent King's model

So I'm looking to enter a tournament for the first time and wanted to bring my Ynnari (already had a tri-eldar army, so that kind of works out) but was looking for C&C on the list. I don't know about the venom and kabalites; I want at least a couple units of each faction really as I'm a fluffy player but don't want to just have the DE as glorified taxis/haywire. Only rules for the tournament are no more than 4 detachments and no replicated detachments (hence the CAD over a second reborn host)

The points value is dead on 1850, just the Yncarne comes up as 999 at the moment.

Orks, latest sneak peak was definitely showing Ork equipment.

>third triumvirate hasnt even been released yet
>asking for more info on the one after it
Patience young one

That feeling when you take out a monolith in one shot from a hammerhead railgun

Chaos Space Marines. Why choose the lesser evil?

Sauce?

Likly to be abby and friends

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Grav would have been awesome if they hadn't given it so many shots and the cannon's amp reroll.

Won both my games today with the War Convocation.

I'm not proud of myself.

warhammer-community.com/2017/02/08/rumour-engine-2/

So how does one read the epubs like a normal person? i get only half of the page on my screen

I know people complain about every faction being OP in this game but lets be real... WULFEN ARE OP

Nor should you be.

But at least you're not eldar.

because Orks are notorious for working with gold, silver and immaculate glowing energy orbs

Way too orderly and clean, def admech

yeah, they are pretty stupid

Yes, Meks in pretty much every iteration ever.

Sigmar .

Yay.

I just started playing Chapter Master Alpha and everything is incredibly confusing

>spend an hour in customization and learning how to do stuff
>tyranids attack in western area
>bombard, then cleanse them later
>waagh happens, takes over lava world
>bombard world
>only people who die from bombardment were the remaining 400 citizens left
>clean planet afterwards with a raid
>governor requests assistance with tyranids again
>jump to planet
>loose battle barge
>die

What race (if any) gives you spooky feelings when reading about them? For me it's Tyranids. Was reading descriptions of creatures/units and Tyranids are really the only "you gon die" for me. Chaos and DE pale in comparison. Pure carnage in every way possible, you will never win, you can and will die a painful way. And how the Tyranids in the 40k universe is a spec compared to all Tyranids that exist.

I don't know.

That ridged thing kind of looks like the type of coil one might find on things like KFF.

Oldcrons. Unthinking hordes of indestructible terminators. Especially flayed ones.

Why Craftworld Eldars wear this stupid-ass helmets? Redhead elves are way better without them

until Tau and Eldar get nerfed you're going to have to suffer from grav

>Just fix the fucking Eldar and Tau books
we both know that's not going to happen

Helmets are very important:
>The concept of the war mask is at the core of the Path of the Warrior. Eldar, being more
highly evolved than the lesser races, feel all sensations more keenly than do humans,
Tau or Orks. This allows them to embrace positive emotions – such as love – with a
greater fervour than members of these other species can conceive, but it also heightens
their experience of darker feelings, such as rage, fear and grief.
The act of killing is likewise amplified. Where a human can kill another being with
little guilt or remorse, for an Eldar to do so is an act that can endanger their very soul
and risks drawing the dark attentions of She Who Thirsts. While the sensation-craving
Commorrites draw pleasure from bringing death, the craftworlders prefer to separate
their souls from the act of murder, and so they don their war masks before combat.
The war mask is as much a metaphysical concept as a physical artefact. When Aspect
Warriors prepare for battle, they ritually take up their war masks, adopting another
persona, one at ease with the blood that is soon to flow, and temporarily abandoning
the person they are away from the shrine. They embrace the savage instincts that lurk
in the heart of every Eldar, and prepare to bring death in the name of the Bloody
Handed God.

There was a swap meet sort of thing at a LGS near me and I ended up picking up a the Inquisitor rulebook and a decent amount of old Space Marines on sprue.

The sprue Marines are from 1998, but there were a couple that were preassembled that I don't have dates for. What's the date estimate on these dudes?

>Why Craftworld Eldars wear this stupid-ass helmets?

Elves wear them.

What are your plans for the farseers? They don't seem like they do anything. Are they just the cast guide? Psychic shriek? The harlequins could also use more caresses or kisses. The warriors don't seem to do much.

Thanks user. Final argument why Druchii > puritans

Eldar are modelled after the kkk

WTF? I hate Eldar now.

>What are your plans for the farseers? They don't seem like they do anything. Are they just the cast guide? Psychic shriek? The harlequins could also use more caresses or kisses. The warriors don't seem to do much.

Farseers are there to cast guide/shriek/new revenant discipline and generally be a good HQ, whilst the shadowseer can shriek and mask of secrets or mirror of minds.

I'm very aware of the warriors/venom not doing anything, can't fit them into a cad and just wanted another DE unit for fluff reasons. Could replace them with reavers and add something else.

Also, the harles are just equipped with what I got from the boxes, missing more special weapons for them. Could just take two troupes and condense the caresses, and maybe a fire prism? Not sure

Nurgle
In a universe where everything hates you, papa Nurgle is the one being that will love you unconditionally. Also if you go renegades it's pretty easy to go do deliverence/texas chainsaw massacre

>decide to give ye olde Land raider a try after ages
>get hit by 2 Grav shots turn 2
>rolls a six
>immobilized

Thanks, Games Workshop. You're truly the most amazing at balancing.

And why weren't you running a Tech marine to repair it?

I did.
He died to the second Grav salvo.

Picked up GSII just a bit ago. Here's my first go at list using the new rules therein:

Ulthwe Strike Force
(all units DS, no scatter, cannot be placed within 9" of an enemy unit, all units can be rolled for on turn 1 on one roll)

>3x Black Guardian Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers
>3x Black Guardian Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers
>10x Black Guardians - Starcannon
>3x Black Guardian War Walkers - 6x Scatter Lasers

Reborn Warhost
(all units are stubborn, have strength from death)

>Autarch - Skyrunner, Fusion Gun
>Archon - Webway Portal, Blaster
>5x Kabalite Warriors - Blaster, Venom w/Dual Splinter Cannons
>5x Wraith Guard - D-Scythes
>Wraithknight - Glaive & Shield

Reborn Warhost

>Farseer - Skyrunner

The Autarch and Archon join the Wraithguard for a very heavy (and now nastier thanks to soulburst) unit eraser. They can then either run to spread out or shoot a second time if there are enough good targets near by.

A lot of the army starts off the table and gives me a decent amount of 'response' type units and with the Autarch I'm getting +1 to reserve rolls to help make it more reliable. Ultimately I know I could probably go with more jetbikes in troops to be overall better but I only own 2 units of 3 and I don't really want to buy a ton more stuff until we see what 8th brings (WHFB End Times taught me well).

what the fuck do black guardians do

If by "gold" you meant brass (because that's what the "gold" colored parts of the machinery on most models actually represents) then yes.

+1bs and ws guards.
aka Bs5 scat bikes.

Scare away white guys from getting into your club.

Any particular place we can read about this? Preferably free/internet sources.

Also copper, almost every ork model with machinery on it shows a combination of brass and copper parts.

No fucking way.

This gets posted Every day. Fuck you, figure it out yourself

>tfw yer deffskull boyz go raiding a ser-ror-a-tas base and come back wearing bras

This is incorrect. They get Webway assault.

Webway assault - unit may deepstrike, does not scatter, may not be placed within 9" of an enemy unit.

I think the flayer virus is a pretty metal part of their fluff.

Should I magnetise the heavy/special weapon my kabalite warriors? I jsut bought a start collecting kit.

What is the best choice for that squad?

It's the emperors holy butt plug. The next primarch released will have it as wargear, like robit got his sword.

I pressed the wrong button.

Pic related user, if you're here: how's progress on this magnificent thing?

You better hold your promise and paint that baby.

I can't seem to win with Guard and every bat rep I watch has the Guard losing. Do any Guard players have stories of their victories? Or do you have any Guard lists you've used successfully?

Blaster and splinter cannon, however you generally end up running them in 5 man squads w/ a blaster in a venom so not sure if you want a splinter cannon really. Depends on how hardcore you go on optimization, since a 10 man kabalite squad in a raider with splinter racks can work too (although you wouldn't want a blaster in that)

Is it me or does the guys on the Annilation barge looks like they're Djing?

Oh no, you're pressing all the RIGHT buttons for me, babe ;^)

Pask in a Punisher has killed several Land Raiders and some WKs in my games. Believe in the gun user!

I really like the new celestine, played a game with her and a really bad guard force a couple days ago and just used her to tarpit the nastiest melee unit on their side and generally be annoying whilst the rest of your men focus whatever is the biggest threat.

For 200 points, I think having an (functionally) indestructible unit is great value. Also, her relics aren't bad.

Also, Russes and Chimeras are great for a bit of mobility, just don't bother with sponsons.

Kit I have has a raider in it. No venom yet.

I have 1 start collect eldar and 1 start collect dark eldar kit.

Like the face dicks on your tryant.
And fluff wise, when two Nid fleets meet, they duke it out, with the STRONK winner absorbing the biomass of the loser.