Warhammer Fantasy General: We Do Not Sow Edition

Fantasy General: We Do Not Sow Edition

>Previous Thread
A subject to kick us off, folks: what about any one faction in the game would you change, major detail or small?

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch - INCLUDING WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/747197329/133256758576005789/
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-MORBuU1Ew
drive.google.com/file/d/0B63rIuFhh29eZWNkMGIyMzEtYWViYi00M2Q4LWE5MjgtOGIyYTU1Njg2ZmIw/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THIS!
IS!
NAGARYTHE!

"We do not sow"?

It's a ASoIaF gag. House Greyjoy, whose coat of arms is a gold kraken, has the words 'We Do Not Sow' as their motto, a reference to the fact that their culture is based around piracy and reaving. Fellheart's a corsair with a kraken mask, and the druchii don't sow, either (they, like the Ironborn, have slaves for that).

For whoever was asking about Bretonnian burial practices, see pg. 40 of Knights of the Grail.

I don't know if he'll see this, but a thread ago I was talking about Vampire Counts core and how I hated Ghouls. I said I'd post a list. This is a bit rough but here it is.

I'm also 8 points over so I need to shave some off.

Critique and comments welcome, cheers.

Lords
Vampire Lord - 220
level 1 wizard
heavy armour - 6
enchanted shield - 5
ogre blade - 40
talisman of preservation - 45
quickblood - 30
red fury - 50
= 396

Master Necromancer - 165
level 4 wizard - 35
dispel scroll - 25
= 225

Heroes
Wight King - 85
fencers blades - 35
the other tricksters shard - 15
= 135

Core
44 Skeletons - 220
champion - 10
standard bearer - 10
banner of swiftness - 15
musician - 10
= 265

40 Skeletons - 200
champion - 10
standard bearer - 10
musician - 10
= 230

20 Zombies - 60
= 60

5 Dire Wolves - 40
= 40

5 Dire Wolves - 40
= 40

Special
29 Grave Guard - 319
39 great weapons - 29
seneschal - 10
standard bearer - 10
banner of the barrows - 50
musician - 10
= 428

10 Black Knights - 210
10 sets of barding - 30
hell knight - 10
standard bearer - 10
musician - 10
= 270

4 Vargheists - 184
vargoyle - 10
= 194

Rare
Terrorgheist - 225
= 225

Total: 2508

I should also mention it's not hyper competitive. Hence why I kept away from 2 Terrors.

Tetsubo never

I'd rather a Cathay army desu. You could add in some extra rules for samurai and assassins, as well as warriors from Ind, so you could have a purely Cathayn force, or enough flexiblity to include some 'mercenaries' from other lands, or to even make Ind or Nippon armies on their own. Sort of like how at least in theory you could create an Estalian or Tilean army with Empire or Bretonnian rules.

I've meant to compile a Cathay image in the same manner but I keep putting off digging up every reference to Cathay in books. Most of it is lore stuff, I don't think there's actually any rules, so it's kind of reverse of Yamato/Nippon I guess.

So I've just seen what is likely to be the end of a campaign, and I'd like to know if anyone's interested in the tale of it. Does anyone remember many threads ago, when I told the tale of my first WFRP session? Of how I barely escaped a beastman horde and made the heal check with no training in medicine? That campaign.

I don't recall but go on.

I recall it vaguely, and was thinking "Ha ha, he's fucked," and also "I need to bully my players more." Go on.

I don't remember that story, but I would love to hear the end of it. There's a mug of good dwarven ale in it for you.

Sounds like a house everyone would eventually get sick off and gang up on.

If most Vampires are, indirectly or not, descended from the culture of the Tomb Kings, why did they develop such a strange and unique form of dress and armor?

Because GW has this philosophy that every faction needs a distinct look. I always felt it was the dumbest thing ever with Vampire Counts since they don't really have a unified culture and anyone from any walk of life can end up as an undead.

Why are these vampires so ugly while Lahmians and Ulrika are pretty?

I'm gonna guess that in 7'th edition there was still the kneejerk against the Twilight movies and GW wanted to distance their vampires from that.

Vampires maintain a different appearance when in public, which would be important for a bloodline that infiltrates human society like the Lahmians. When in battle they drop this and put on their game face.

Welcome Retard-steros.

so its just magic? Illusion and they are really all ugly corpses?

also why does Mannlet looks so weird

Still less retarded than Warhammer politics.

To blend in with the culture of The Empire, as throughout their combined histories, they've tried to maintain secrecy of their heritage. That, combined with the fact that they would want to distance themselves from Nehekara, the Vampire Counts would have gone from political refugees, to absorbing members, lords and princelings from the Empire, their culture and customs.

See twilight,

And the concept of a "war face", that vampires could on the one hand be beautiful and alluring, but in times of war, affix an expression of their twisted, cursed souls.

And resting bitch face. The best face

Who was gonna even gonna guess that the Vampires came from Nehekhara? I'm not even sure that is a known fact amongst people in the setting.

>"We're gonna dress up like the Chaos Warriors and Dark Elves to fit right in. No one will ever suspect a thing."

So this 9th age is any good?

Started out as more balanced Warhammer (at the cost of a few fluffier/flavorful faction-specific rules/mechanics) but is now becoming more of its own thing with stuff like the new army limit mechanics and its own fluff (which, among other things, includes elements like "seven Chaos Gods based off the seven sins", fem!Sigmar liberating not!Rome from Skaven, etc.).

It has recently gathered quite a bit of skub due to this.

That happened, but for some reason* they didn't just put every "noble" on the island to the sword.

* (Ned being a pussy and the somewhat less stringent social structure that let pretty much all the men on the islands take part in the piracy which would have mandated a pretty complete genocide IIRC)

There are four parallel timelines that I know of in the Warhammer Fantasy universe.

One is the Storm of Chaos timeline, which is the setting of WFRP 2nd edition and most lore books associated with it, including Darkness Rising, which is an in-universe account of the Storm.

Another is the setting of Age of Reckoning and the three books written for it. Archaon never became Everchosen in this timeline and was replaced by Tchar'zanek of the Raven Host.

Finally there's The End Times timeline and of course the Blood Bowl alternate universe. Am I forgetting any?

This is really great. Do you have more or a source?

It worked.

I'm really more annoyed that all the skeletons gets shit with batwings on them. Did the entire old world just have a batshit craze dynasty that was forgotten and VC is just selective with who they raise?

Maybe giant bats are native to the region so they were a natural choice for iconography.

What, the entire Old World?

I assumed the skeletons they raised were native to Sylvania.

Vampire Counts are not exclusive to Sylvania. It's mostly just a Carstein hotspot.

Guys I need a picture of either an orc holding a stuntie head in his hand, or some sort of picture that would showcase a waaagh in its sheer numbers and shit

female Sigmar.

This is some serious level of shitty fanfiction I see. Well, maybe gameplay will be good.

Sorry about the late response, went to bed.

Anyway, after we had the first session, we reached Schwartzhafen on a job after being annoyed by halfling bandits, we made our way back to Wurtbad after being jumped yet again by beastmen, this time with a beastlord armed with a chaos weapon. We barely survived while losing our slayer, and when one of us took the beastlord's chaos weapon to cremate them ( it was perpetually on fire.) we ended up sending his soul to Khorne. We managed to use this boost to our reputation to get the local elector count to sponsor us going to Mordheim( A decision we would regret, and that I opposed wholeheartedly.) There, we cleared out an old keep near the city, and started working on expanding our warband. This about where things went downhill, as we got worn down dealing with incredibly lethal enemies that we barely survived against even with the 400 or so xp at the end of sessions. He had these tables for encounters, and ended up with us against dark elf assassins and daemons from Araby, and eventually I was getting a bit tired of my elf mage, so I decided to try something new. The GM promised a RP heavy session, with less of the lethality. So of course I didn't trust him, and made a kislevite kossar so I could survive by keeping at range and using the bear he gave me to stay safe in melee. The bear lasted one combat, as we pursued some beastmen down a street and met skaven with a ratling gun. This ratling gun mutated my bear into basically chaos spawn while two with warpstone spears impaled me. Now agitated and with the rest of the group on their way out, I figured, fuck it, he's doing it like this, I may as well go full blood for the blood god. Made a norse character, an Ulfwerenar even, which he approved. Encountered the rest of the group in mordheim, tried to convince them to let my new berzerker join(despite the mutations and chaos weapons, they were still anti chaos) TBC

I would be okay with Red Sonja Sigmar.

Can't be worse than Valten.

Guess what comes back from the alleyways? My old mutated bear. We all end up fighting it as best we can, but it's a beast and I'm pretty sure was faster than us. I use Ulfwerenar form to fight it off, and when it gets to about half health we all are made to roll toughness -50 or get infected with year fever and two other lethal diseases. Faced with characters new and old basiclally getting cancer, It devolved into argument and the game fell apart. Maybe we just aren't good with the lethality of the system, maybe it was the Gm's fault.
But hey, at least now I can do a norse campaign.

Probably more like minor transfiguration.

>mfw i've been pronouncing marienburg wrong all this time

It just hit me last night.

"Mar-ee-en-burg", like it would be pronounced if it was English. I only just realised it should be pronounced "Mar-een-burg", like marine.

So how did you pronanunce it?

I'm gonna keep pronanuncing it the first way. It sounds more germanic.

But if it were German, it would be pronounced Mareenburg.

There are other germanic languages than german.

No, Mar-ee-enburg would be the German pronounciation.

The one I've started questioning myself about is Tilea.
I've been pronouncing it 'Till-ea'. mainly because it has the same sounds as 'Italy' but in the wrong order.
But if Tylos is pronounced 'Tie-loss', then people from Tylos would be 'Tie-leans'. Which would fit.

When I was a kid, I pronounced Skaven as 'Skavven'. As in 'ravenous'.
I still like that pronunciation. It's more... ideophonetic? Not sure if that's the right term.

But german or dutch would be the best fitting languages.

It's only natural to pronanunce things after your own language.

My Chaos is superior to your Chaos AAARRGH!

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/747197329/133256758576005789/

So now that modders are now capable of adding legendary heroes and legendary lords to factions with their unique looks and abilities, who's gonna make good old Leitdorf and Daisy?

How many years does it take to armor that dragon ogre? How many days does it take to put all that stuff on?

maybe he sleeps in it
maybe is chaos armor granted by the gods
maybe he is born with it

>maybe he is born with it
Maybe it's Tzeentchian

This has happened more than once. Last time, the first (well, last) son of the ruler of the Islands was taken hostage to assure his peacibility. It didn't work, partly because daddy didn't give a shit about his son.

Honestly, the smart move would've been to kill every non-thrall on the island.

Some vampires stop even trying to look human, and supposedly dhar corrupts you and makes it more difficult over time. Vain vampires, like Neferata, manage.

The Total Warhammer timeline.

I kinda like Sk-ah-vin,

The Nemesis Crown timeline.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-MORBuU1Ew

I'm pretty sure that's the same timeline as the Storm of Cucks timeline.

I thought Age of Reckoning was set earlier.

Maybe I'm a noob but can I just ask what makes the Storm of Chaos incompatible with the End Times?

All of that comes from the first three editions of WHFB, you'll have to dig up the pdf files for those online.

The WFRP book I was referring to, in case you are interested, is a "lost" book which sets the groundwork for Yamato (known as Nippon in WHFB) but was ultimately canceled by GW for unknown reasons. I have a link here but I don't know if it's the most updated/recovered version of it out there: drive.google.com/file/d/0B63rIuFhh29eZWNkMGIyMzEtYWViYi00M2Q4LWE5MjgtOGIyYTU1Njg2ZmIw/view

Archaon lost humiliatingly and Valten died different. His host broke apart and fell to infighting.

Nope. It's a parallel universe. It's and End Times scenario without Archaon. Instead they have an actually competent guy in charge who gets Dark Elves and Greenskins to join him somehow.

Basically it makes Archaon look like an armless failure. So they retconned it so that it never happened.

They never found Valten's body, though.

So really apart from Valten being different it's not incompatible.

GW has retconned stuff in the past. I think SoC still happened in the ET timeline.

Sparta somehow endured for centuries too.

What happened to Archaon after he lost in Storm of Chaos? I don't see the Chaos Gods being merciful to failed champions.

I think Sparta actually had agriculture, though. Greyjoy seems to think that having farmers is a sign of weakness.

I think he just kinda went back to the Chaos Wastes feeling like a loser and he wasn't talked about much more.

I'd like to think the Chaos Gods tormented him for all eternity in some suitably ironic way.

Greyjoy has agriculture much like Sparta did, actually: run entirely by slaves (well, "thralls," as the Ironborn call them).

He retreated to the Brass Keep, apparently, but nothing had been heard from him since.

AFAIK that sort of stuff was handled by slaves, which is exactly how the dark elves do it

I like to think that the Chaos gods just decided to ignore the entire thing and then Archaon sat down in a bathtub of shame with a Skaven warpstone powered toaster.

So, for a prospective Estalian force, what could we add besides:

-Pike & Crossbow/Shot Squares
-Caballeros
-Estalian diestros
-Myrmidian mirror shield zealots
-Crazed, fire-dragging bulls
-Returned Lustrian conquistadors

Every mortal is a pawn to them.

They'll keep him around as long as he has a use and he did in the End Times.

Cursed conquistadors with Lizardmen artifacts.

Try and get a hold of Marco Colombo if you can, he would make a good General.

I think some Marines would be a nice addition, Spain has the oldest marine corps in the world and a fearsome navy.

I don't know if you have some figures sorted but Gamezone Miniatures and Avatars of War sell Spanish style Empire guys.

Maybe it's Maybelline.

Anyone?

It's probably meant for just Sylvania, since the symbol seems to be associated with the place. Could also be that vampires tend to actually have their skeletons bear such symbols because they both suck blood and are creatures of the night.

I miss the old Grave Guard, myself. A bit more generic looking, sure, but it also meant a little more room for kitbashing. I only really see them brought up when people want undead Bretonnians these days.

Yeah, I still have 20 of those guys and I like their helmets better. I should repaint them.

Picture related would make a good Vampire Lord. Just not sure how to fit it on a base.

THICC

Except Eldar aren't, dumb memer.

It's just the dress. These are no fat ass Sisters of Battle.

>mfw skeleton tries to blow a horn