Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

All Robots Are Anime edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=gzYtesTxtD8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Don't you dare dog ear the pages.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

NEET thread

Does anyone have any suggestions for a C'tan shard conversion?

Motherfucking Eldar, they were faster than me...

Hey guys
I've got a fuckhuge ork army
a smallish space marine/chaos space marine army (Soul drinkers)
and i've got a cadian command squad and a bunch of cultists.

Should I work on a freeboota army next, or should I mix Cadian and Catachan guys for 'nam imperial guard?

>the rippers. That was you right?
no?

>That's like, your opinion, man
If they are not, why is every single assault army shit besides the one army that gets turn one assaults? Just coincidence that they all have weak codices? Why is there a game phase that is completely unavailable for about 40% of all armies and can absolutely dominate the game, provided your pre-game rolls were lucky?

>fucks up the entire balance for everyone.
that's exactly the idea. Tau and Eldar would be a lot more balanced if assault were stronger

>but nids by no means are a "force of order"
They are the absolute superimposition of a single mind over billions of creatures. The worlds they take they leave behind sterile and forever unchanging. Their very presence smothers the shifting powers of the warp and cuts psykers off. If that isn't order then what is?

Is a close combat daemon prince from the CSM codex even useful at all? Since 7th edition made MCs not land and charge, what the fuck are you even supposed to do with this guy. Seems like they kukt him out of existence, unless you take a Nurgle prince. Is Nurgle the only way?

>Reminder that GW spent time, money and manpower to do this shit instead of redoing some of the ancient kits that still plague some factions.

Is it bad that I hope that they don't get rid of the ork buggy kit? I like how the vehicle itself looks (tho the drivers are a bit shit)

>reading the latest white dwarf
>get to the letters section
>"I don't know if you realise it, but having non-Caucasian models painted in the magazine is relatively new to us readers. Being geeks at heart, we love inclusivity and I think it's so awesome that you've got a better representation of the humans protecting mankind."

What did mister Jamie Jong mean by this?

Nigger, I woke up, saw thread was archived, saw no new thread, finished making a space delivery in Elite Dangerous, and then made a new thread.

I took my sweet ass time. I think a motherfucking turtle would have made a thread faster than you.

>Being geeks at heart, we love inclusivity

ah yes, the "all tabletop gamers are numales" meme

Neat. Always happy when GW makes non-imperium terrain. Cause holy fuck the Imperium gets boring quick.

>Being geeks at heart, we love inclusivity

We do? News to me.

Or do they mean the LOL I'M SUCH A NERD XD sort of "geek"?

people are saying these look shit, I think they look cool

there is also the meme that you could just buy fish tank decorations for pennies on the dollar compared to those. that is true, and I will probably be buying some fish tank toys soon.

>$130
>fucking $130

>130$
Goddamit, it's the usual NZ-prices shitposting again

>Check GW for the actual price
What the actual fuck, it is 130$!

Time to chop some wood - like real men!

what is a good bodyguard to run commander farsight with? his main deal is getting into melee with his dawn blade, yet there are no tau units that are suited for melee and would only serve to occupy the enemy while farsight gets his rad attacks off.

also the only synergy farsight provides is to a squad of crisis suits by preventing scatter, so it kindof forces your hand with the type of bodyguard you ought to take.

it would be neat if there were some melee versions of crisis suits but i suppose that gets in the way of 'tau must shoot everything all the time'

Wait i thought it was just in kiwidollars its actually in burger dollars

I have:

A Ravager, SC! Eldar and DEldar, 6 Harlequin Troup Players, a Starweaver, a Death Jester, 10 Dire Avengers and 10 Wyches.

Dubs chooses my next purchase, must be from DEldar, Eldar or Harlies.

5 Sslyth

6 Reaver Jetbikes.

Any of these is fine.

>What the actual fuck
Size looks deceptive, that's actually a lot of terrain because of how tall those things are.

Butt ugly, though. Just let me buy the old jungle trees, GW.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Chaos Lord with 4 Marks" bullshit that's going on in the 40k system right now. Abaddon deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine 30k model for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been winning with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid Primarch with my Abaddon.

DarkMech priests spend years working on a single arm and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest arms known to mankind.

Drachn'yen is thrice as sharp as loyalist swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a relic blade can cut through, Drachn'yen can cut through better. I'm pretty sure Abaddon could easily bisect Guilliman wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why the Imperium never bothered conquering the Eye? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Traitor legions and their daemon allies of destruction. Even in the Gothic War, loyalist soldiers targeted the men with daemon weapons first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Drachn'yen is simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the 40k system. Here is the stat block I propose for Abaddon:

ADB please go and stay go.

Well its a deathworld i dont think thats suppose to look pretty

okay but if they want me to actually buy it, it should look good

A noose to hang yourself from

I hated those fucking things lol

Eldar Phantom Titan

I'm not sure if you're mad about Eldar or about Ynnari specifically, mind clarifying?

Not on the list, I'm afraid. I'll make sure to get one eventually though.

And not cost ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FUCKING BURGERS

Ha ha

Court of the Archon

Skathach Wraithknight.

Vespid?

Court of the Archon

A buttload of Sslyths, because they are awesome.

The Eight

Tell me how dumb this is.

>Renegade Dark Angels chapter
>made up of chapter marines who came into contact with Cypher or his company and were swayed to help in his schemes

I've got more fluff thought up, but that's the basic premise.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion blades.

has anyone ever seen the eight fielded in a game? all up they cost like 1000 points or so and dont exactly seem like a remotely good use of points.

SOUNDS LIKE SOME FALLEN SHIT TO ME, MAN.

Sounds pretty good. It's literally just the Fallen, though.

> not chopping your own Wood
What are you, some kind of faggot?

1495, I think

No worse than the Eldar version of BSG that I came up with a few years ago.

That's mostly the idea, except they're not 10,000 years old. It's more of an excuse to use my donut steel paint scheme.

Then go right ahead, my man. It's a solid concept for Your Dudes.

It's OK to be suboptimal against some armies.

>not 10,000 years old
>probably not even gonna be painted jet-black
what's even the point

> not squeezing every advantage possible out of every point, every game you play, no matter what
REEEEEEEEEREE

They're purple

So like, actual loyalists?

fusion blades can only be used by a commander, not a regular suit.

That's the edge I'm walking, yes.

playing with the 8 as your entire army just seems like a big game of kill team for tau, ive never seen them played so id be interested to see how they would perform against a typical opponent with a semi-competitive list. itd take a lot of knowledge about alll the bodyguards and good prioritisation to know how to use them.

HELP, should i wait until 8E 40k to pick a space marine chapter? i heard it was midway through this year

>acting like this in any non tourney environment, ever

REEEEEEEEEEEREE

Prediction: Abaddon will make it to Terra, strike down all of humanity's defenders, raise his sword to slay the emperor, then get punched to death by an unreasonably buff Fire Warrior with Mont'ka and Kauyon tattooed on his knuckles.

counter prediction: abaddon will be poised to strike at guilliman in a climactic and very stupid duel, but then roll a 1 and chop his own head off

No, you shouldn't.
also, you should play grey knigths, they're fun as fuck

Space Marines will never, ever get nerfed to unusability.

>mfw tactical terminators
I'm still sad

What does it mean when GW makes something "made to order"? Does it just mean they've cast a new set of some old models to buy?

360 Points? I could get a knight for that.

I didn't know
what happened to them

oh boy, its $220 kangaroo dollars...

They literally make you a model because you made the order.

Empty/Flamer Crisis. They're actually fairly decent melee combatants.

ENTS IN SPAAACE WHEN?

>HELP, should i wait until 8E 40k to pick a space marine chapter?
That is the correct thing to do.

Hints would point to 40k getting a more modellistic appoach, like AoS, where you don't pay for upgrades in the units and you buy models in batch (so, boxes) instead of single models.

You'll have the same units, but in future armies will probably look far more organized and clean.

Okay, so their Sisters of Battle are made to order right? Anyone know if it takes longer for them to ship those?

Assuming that Abaddabon will become a Lord of War in the next CSM codex and that he needs a buff in order to compete with this new, End Times meta, I don't think making Drach'nyen a D weapon that only strikes once per turn (in addition to his attacks with the Talon) would be uncalled for.

>Have 3 armies to build and paint
>know there's a few FLGS nearby where i could get regular games
>Just want to curl up and die
I just wanted a fun hobby for fucks sake

Will you be able to take triumvirate units with a regular eldar army?

I'm liking the Visarch but don't want to run an army with dark eldar in it

This is what you chose

No, they aren't made to order.

They're regular stock. You'll wait the same amount of time as any other regular model.

Knights don't have 8-13 S:D Attacks and the ability to hide in a unit.

You can do that but you still have to use the list from the book.

You use the Reborn Warhost Detachment, and only take Eldar picks. You build it like a CAD, and don't have to take DEldar.

You lose Battle Focus though.

Well that sucks

Playing eldar without battle focus just doesn't sound very fun, even though you can make soulburst super broken

>There will never be a Dredd 2
There is no justice in this world

A movie born thirty years past its time.

well, a lot happened

each storm bolter could fire up to four shots (2-4, sustained fire), rather than two
they could fire their storm bolters twice a turn if stationary
the assault cannon used to be S8, and could fire up to ten shots (4-10, with sustained fire)
cyclone missile racks carried twelve rockets, and you could fire all twelve in one turn if you really wanted to nuke something
lightning claws used to be S8
thunder hammers didn't need to roll to wound
assault weapons could be freely mixed into a unit, like deathwing now

Sure a unit of five was frequently over 400 points, but they were always worth it.

Thats true. You don't need stomp attacks if there is nothing left to stomp. Are the marks already included?

It was basically just sci fi The Raid anyway. Watch the second The Raid film.

Prediction: Abaddon will make it to the Golden Throne, raise up his sword to kill the Emperor, only to raise it too far back, causing him to hall backwards and go down all the steps leading up to the Golden Throne, breaking his neck on the very last one and dying.

Missed the answer on previous thread: What's the point of mixing jump/bike dudesmen with footsloggers as in Deathwatch kill teams? Do they confer some extra special rules?

o-oh no

I took some advice from the last thread as a noob but maybe my new list isn't that great either

pls respond

I think the Bikers have Split Fire, but, for the most part, it was just a really awkward and stupid design decision. Deathwatch was a very poorly written book.

T5 (nurgle)
I6 (Slaanesh)
3++ (Tzeentch + Justaerin)
Rage & Counter (Khorne)

Trying out a tank heavy cult/guard combo. Thinking about holding the throng and neophytes back a bit to let the enemy be softened up by artillery but have I sacrificed too many points into tanks and not enough boots on the ground?

No rerolls or anything, but you can pull some coherency shenanigans to get into cc easier.

why did they make the Yncarne so sexual? I want to propagate the opposite of death

Not gonna lie I really like the Tau here, I feel something more overtly humanoid like the aliens from Space Battleship Yamato would look better than what they've already got.

I would start with actually taking the advice instead of kinda following a little bit of the advice and then sprinting off in new, retarded directions.

Daemon Princes really want psykery in order to be effective, and they tend to become extremely expensive as a result.

You still don't have any Legion indication, you still aren't following a legion detachment.

You still have ten-man units.

Helcult is kinda meh. It's alright if you really want a Helbrute, but I'd rather just take one in a Warband and let him hide behind a Rhino for cover.

Because he's a sibling of Slaanesh.

They're similar.

>not liking the cold beauty of tau women (canon)

do you even Greater Good?

Vanguards let you reroll charge dice and ignore disordered charge penalties as long as the vanguards are alive
bikers I don't know.

Same advice as was given last thread. Look into Traitor Legions, pick one, use the Legion/Traitors Hate Detachment.