Tfw living in a warped, irrational galaxy full of maladaptive, short-sighted and sadistic species

>tfw living in a warped, irrational galaxy full of maladaptive, short-sighted and sadistic species

The Tau literally exist to shoot sense into this madness.

nah

>Maladaptive
Tyranids, Ultramarines and some regiments of the Imperial Guard disagree, my 'build bigger suits to deal with the problem' friend.
>Short-sighted
Ah, yes, how could the galaxy compare to the pure genius that is the 'we've already won because we came up with a vague philosophy while before the industrial age' race who insists on poking the hornets nest to expand.

The Tau are arrogant, naive and short-sighted to a fault, it's almost entirely coindicence that has set them on the path to ascendancy, one they abuse with no small measure of skill or cunning admittedly. However, were any faction to realise them for the threat they are, save for the Imperium and is current resource issue, there wouldn't be much the Tau could do to save themselves.

True, but compared to the rest of the setting they still are nice.

Depends, the two major viewpoints we see the Tau Empire from are those of the Imperium, in which they're only barely honourable combatants in war but still Xenos. Or from the Tau's perspective, who, as we already know, are under some Orwellian-tier influence from the Ethereal Caste; the primary examples being the Vespid immediately integrating into the Tau Empire with the introduction of the helmets, the first allies of the Tau mysteriously dying of a plague that somehow bypasses their advanced society and goes full genocide while 'remarkably' leaving the Tau themselves untouched.

They're nice to look at, but to me that feels as if it's the whole point, the Ethereals try their hardest to make the Tau look like the best option even when they're committing atrocities for the 'Greater Good,' which in itself is almost cultish when you get down to the details.

That being said, yes, the Tau aren't particularly grimderp compared to some of the darker pieces of 40k fluff, but then again when we read Space Marine novels and the like they too seem far less grimderp in most circumstances.

>The Tau literally exist to shoot sense into this madness.
You mean to be arrogant smartass self-inserts for holier-than-thou spergs who can't handle grimderp and wackiness of the dark future where is only war.

No, the tau exist because GW wants to tap into the smug weaboo share of the market, and they have only survived this long because plot armor. And a tau controlled galaxy would be the worst possible outcome. It would be worse than grimdark, it would be boring.

>HEY GUYS LETS REPEAT ALL OF MANS ERRORS!
>Yeah but didn't they accidentally destroy half the galaxy in a war with their drones?
>SHUT UP THATS RIDICULOUS IT CAN'T HAPPEN TO US WE KILLED SLAANESH!
>Then why is that drone reading triumph of the binary will

IDK, Rapebaby breeding camps, illegalization of love, making art being a crime if you're the wrong ethnic group.

It'd be both grim, and dark.

>maladaptive
IG, 'Nids, Marines, Chaos say hi

>short-sighted
The Tau way of life does not work in 40k. They are too short sighted to notice this.

>sadistic
Only Dark Eldar and Craftship Eldar are complete dicks. Well and anyone high on chaos.

It would break down within days.
Tau have no idea how to deal with psykers.

Taus were always meant to be a minor faction.
Kelly said that at the time they wanted to expand on the myriad of alien empires in the galaxy, and the two that made the cut were the tau and the kroot. Shoving them in every event is quite recent.
But heh, mecha sells. So expect giant suits to appear everywhere, even if it kills all the tau auxilliaries in the process.

GW being unable to write a campaign that doesn't involves half a dozen major characters is also an issue in that regard.

Until the madness comes knocking down their door

Just means it's time to knock back.

Tinfoil armor, dude humans can punch through it easily, I dunno how it doesn't break under its own weight

Punch this.

This.
A half a dozen of Dark Eldar kabals could utterly cripple the whole Tau empire if they were inclined to do so.

The Tau are not capable of fighting an utter war of extermination against wast majority of the factions within 40k.
Them surviving Gorgon was pure fucking plot armor.

Two first founding chapters got their asses kicked by the Tau. And these are two chapters configured to be able to keep up with the Tau and STILL lost.

Let's face it, Space Marines trade extremely poorly with an army of plasma equipped Firewarriors and superb strategic minds.

Why did they base a battlesuit on Abaddon? I thought Tau never faced him

Tau are like teenage communists who think that all adults are a bunch of dumb squares. Little do they know that those adults all went through a similar angsty rebellion phase, until they learned that cooperation and change never end well

Tau are objectively the best faction,

>muh grimdark, muh emprah, muh hardcore dark 40k player

The irony is these people Tau fans as just Weaboos - when they're the ones acting like territorial manchildren because they can't stand something a little different in their setting

how can Tau be the weeaboo faction when Eldar are more weeaboo?

Everything surviving anything is literally plot armor. Including winning through warp manipulation, which is literally just asspulling through the power of imagination.

>It'd be both grim, and dark.
And boring

The irony is that you're just the latest incarnation of the teenage rebel, raging against something as basic to human society as cooperation.

I really wish you could hear yourself.

>"Cooperation? Pfft fuck that gay shit, I go it alone because I'm a lone wolf."

Remove yourself from society, you special snowflake.

Why not just make it a fucking tank? This looks so dumb

underrated post

Why not just make fucking tanks? These look so dumb

Considering Vect has black holes in boxes and fun shit like that I'd say a half dozen kabals can cripple pretty much any planet if they're really inclined to do so.

Fuck your tanks.

>tfw some tau loving fag comes trying to shit on humans

These have a close combat role

That raises more questions than it answers.

The Tau have always been my favourite faction, but not because they're inherently better than the other factions. They're just earlier on in the progression.

Every intelligent race started out like the Tau. Hopeful and aspirational, seeing a galaxy full of opportunity, not yet burdened by the horrors that lurk beneath.

The Eldar are the farthest stage we're aware of, a race almost totally lost to ennui, driven only by obsession with ideals to give them something to do, to live for, while the Imperium is a middle ground, struggling to retain their identity and unity amidst constant struggle.

The Tau, at the moment, might seem better... But it won't last.

I dislike the idea that they were always grimdark/1984 etc. I think it's more interesting and characterful of the universe for that be an insidious, creeping influence. That it's far darker to have the Ethereals not be some malign dark rulers but to have them truly be wise, well meaning people just trying to do the right thing- And justifying atrocities anyway.

This is the darkness of the Tau. That we're seeing the potential of every bright young species at its highest... And that they only have two ways forward. Extinction, or becoming just as lost as everyone else in the galaxy. The darkness isn't something that was there all along, it's an inevitable result of contact with the 40k universe as a whole. Nothing pure can remain that way and survive.

Just as soon as the Spehs Elfs run out of twins.

>dat groin cannon

Well said, user. It's the naivete that's the real drawing point to the faction. You don't need theories like "secretly being manipulated by the forces of Chaos" or the thought policing to make them any more grim than they already are.

Like you said, it's the dissonance of their idealistic nature in a universe where it's not going to last that nails them for me, and they work as a good foil to the Eldar fluff, which is pretty much the other end of the spectrum to the Tau's.

I'm not really sure how well they tapped into it. I like Japanese stuff and while I wouldn't say the Tau are my least favorite, I'm not exactly super enamored with them either. GW and FW also seem to have mostly put the concept of them being the leaders of a coalition of Xenos on the shelves in light of battlesuit sales.

To be fair, I'm not even sure how many in the Imperium really know why AI is bad shit.

Eh, if a story takes place on the eastern side of the galaxy then there is decent reason for them to be present. The poster Chapter for the Space Marines, some past/current Hive Fleets, and the largest Necron Dynasty are all situated in the east, so GW isn't just inventing stories out of nothing.

Cooperation within a single society is essential for survival. "Cooperation" on societal level leads to shit like World War One, and the Cold War

Except the lines between 'societies' are entirely arbitrary and are prone to massive shifts, rendering that statement both absurd and irrelevant?

Why are you so salty?

>Every intelligent race started out like the Tau.

Not really, no. Most were xenophobic even since the beginning. Even during the glory days of the Imperial Truth, humanity was about crusading and exterminating xenos.

rapebaby breeding camps?

>Only Dark Eldar and Craftship Eldar are complete dicks.
Orks/Nids are also complete dicks in that they don't care about life and genocide gleefully without a second thought.

IIRC, in-canon it's the Robutt Madness. There's something about their DNI tech that makes it beneficial to design their high mobility heavy armor as bipeds. Have the pilots go crazy in five years instead of, say, fifteen minutes when piloting a dragon or a hovertank.

Is this what they do?

I mean, the whole join or die thing makes them super delusional but I didn't know they were space communists

It's one of those 40k things where so many different authors have so many different accounts that you can take almost any personal interpretation as canon.

Also, the stormsurge is big enough to be a tank, but
>Tau tanks hover
>Storm surge needs stabilizers
>Battle-suit pilots have nothing to do anyways

Humanity got bitten in the ass so many times by their Alien relationships, that their butt-cheeks ceased to exist. Humans are forever more butthurt over aliens.

Dark Age of Technology humanity wasn't xenophobic if they could actually negotiate with the races in question. It was afterwards during the Age of Strife when worlds got preyed on by xenos that a majority of humanity learned to be untrusting.

Tyranids pretty much go off their base instincts, can't really apply morality to them.

This is the single best response to any ''muh xenophobic Imperium'' faggot ever. Well done.

>Every intelligent race started out like the Tau.
I don't know user. The 40k galaxy has sentient blobs of malevolent darkness, technophile murder lizards, a race of vermin people that can steamroll the Imperium when they migrate, green skinned fuckers whom where bred for war and only war, chitinous space vampires and a relatively young space insect empire that has a territory as big as the eye of terror close to Terra.

Starting out young and hopeful might be the exception.

Yeah, fuckers always forget that humanity became glory holes for aliens for quite a while. They might not want to touch it, but that many dicks poking in there is really no avoiding it.

>people constantly hate on Tau
>people too stupid that all of their hatred should be pointed at space wolves and their players

And yet people give the Tau shit for being duped in the FIRST ENCOUNTER with the Dark Eldar.

>hurr look at these naïve idiots giving the benefit of the doubt to a race that initially helped them

Cancer.

>needing to go 2v1

And yet somehow every time Black Templars are deployed against Tau it results in an imperial victory.

>And yet people give the Tau shit
no one gave them shit. Just righteous chuckles.

Well the Black Templars employ tactics are specifically effective against the Tau. Which is unadulterated melee combat.

Raven Guard went in stupid and deployed conveniently, they got their asses kicked. Once they started going sneaky sneaky bottom stabby again things went okay. The White Scars, lets just say they are only 2 steps ahead of retarded.

If you're the wrong caste and make art, you're "reeducated" or lobotomized.

If you love another of your cast, you're re educated or lobotomized.

If you love another cast, you're lobotomized.

If you're worthy of reproduction, you're sent to a camp to fuck whether you like it or not, then ssent back to work. The baby is taken from its mother basically straight away to be properly "Educated."

To say nothing of their consistent genocide of other species, even tau loyal humans, the literal Borg type slavery of the vespid, and the kroot always being under threat of being massively stomped on if they tau find out they're still an Industrial society and they're making new war spheres.

The vast majority of human civilizations that survived the men of iron remember. Not quite the same way, but they remember that AI almost killed everyone.

The mechanicus is VERY aware of the trouble AI cause. That's why theyr'e so reverant to machine spirits. Incase the spirits decide to go men of iron. And machine spirits are real, they exist. Both as heads in jars and as AI and as souls of machines.

>Cancer

As opposed to this entire thread and all the cancerous faggot TIDF

What? A single group of Riptide fought off a kabal attack.

>hhurrr hurr Vect blackholes He is so smart

Fracture of Ball-Tan called.

Vect was chased off the Dark City by daemons, Yvarine made him look like fool. and his authority and power over the Dark Eldar is crumbling.

The Kabals of the Dark City could barely contain a daemonic outbreak which is Tuesday and Monday and Friday for the Imperium.

In all fairness, destroying worlds is different from defending your home.

It would be like enacting exterminatus on Terra to extinguish a genestealer infestation.

Yes you would "win" but not in any condition that ultimately mattered.

>The Tau literally exist to shoot sense into this madness.
Correction fire caste Tau exist to shoot sense into madness.

Earth caste tau exist to get drunk off their blue asses and build stupid shit while musing about how Orks may be onto something with that "More Dakka" business. Oh, and safety standards are for pussies who don't believe in the greater good. If those Fire Warrior plebs don't want to die every sixth time they rev the engines, they can just come her and design that shit themselves.

And yet this stupid Earth Caste shit is not only more effective than what the Fire Caste was using previously, but is also kicking the ass of top-tier Imperial forces. Note that I absolutely hate this as a fluff reader, but it's just how it is, big suits stronk, Earth Caste stronk, BTFO 40k.

THat's a shop, right?

No, that's actually a Tau battlesuit

Mechanics wise Space Wolves have always been pretty balanced.

Fluff wise I agree. Shit and heretics.

That stupid thing would look so much better as a tank

>the big cannon case mate mounted like in WW2 tank destroyer, slightly to the side too
>rocket pods in the back like Skyray
>little landing legs to stabilize when firing
>those small plasma guns in command turret
>4 engines set up like Orca transport

Not jetpacking battlesuits are lame, they all should have been tanks

>cannot even tell AFBs from plasma